• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah ?

How about a little bit of nightmare

maxresdefault.jpg
Meh..... i liked it. Not as good ss the original but not the offence to humanity some make it out to be. I mean at least it was a mobile game like breath of fire 6 is.........

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Japanese version got an english update. I wonder if there is any chance of this in the future?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely not 30€ for what's essentially an emulated SNES ROM with a romhacked patch.

I don't know why the game originally coming out on the SNES means that they have to price it in the bargain bin. A localization with multiple languages for a large Action/RPG with multiple paths is still a large undertaking and the fact that the game originated on old hardware actually probably made the localization more difficult to do than a similar modern game which would have probably been programmed with localization in mind.

$25 for portable SD3 now in non-Japanese languages
$10 for portable Secret of Mana
$5 for the first digital release of the original Final Fantasy Adventure

All games that are considered some of the best games on their respective platforms. It's not a sweet bargain like say the Castlevania/Contra collections are, but I don't think it's highway robbery either.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
>An ACTUAL remake of Seiken Densetsu 3
giphy.gif

>A full English translation of the original SNES/SFC game, ported by M2

tumblr_owuxgxzCoU1tm1dgio1_400.gif

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not 30€ for what's essentially an emulated SNES ROM with a romhacked patch.

Wow, I think your priorities are completely out of whack. You are getting multiple great games, one of them having NEVER been released in NA (and is considered an ATG by many). All of that for well under the price of a regular game.

Why would any company bother translating their previously unreleased games if the message we send them is that we aren't willing to pay for them? Why would we ever get a Mother 3? Or a Bahamut Lagoon? Why would they bother going through the hassle of translating those games?

I want to keep getting these excellent games that we never received in the first place. I am more than willing to pay LESS than a typical game to make that happen. Happily.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
...?

Yes, and it is out today. Am I missing something?
Sorry, I meant that the physical version from Japan - I wish they would put out a patch to provide english support in that version like several other Switch games do - as opposed to having to buy the seperate NA release for the english versions.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Playing these for the first time where would be the best game to start? In order or does it not matter?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they'll also port Adventures and Secret to Switch? And Adventures to PS4 while they're at it?

With Vita dropped now no console gets all 3 remakes (1-2 Vita, 2-3 PS4, 3 Switch).

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Playing these for the first time where would be the best game to start? In order or does it not matter?
It doesn't matter, but...

Secret -> Trials -> Adventures.

I personally think Secret is the best, but I think you'll find a lot of people saying Trials is better, and it is more "interesting" than Secret, so I would start with the classic Secret of Mana, then play a slightly different and unique experience with Trials. I would not start with Adventures and just play it if you're curious after the other two.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, so, is the colection worth buying for Secret of Mana? Always heard good stuff about it

Hint

Apr 9, 2018
I swear I remember most people saying they would throw down way more than $40 for an English release when this came out in Japan in 2017... Anyways, this was an easy buy for me. Final Fantasy Adventure was one of the first games I got for my first system, the original GB and I haven't played it since. SoM I just played for the first time on the SNES Mini when it came out and thought it was really enjoyable despite its age and being a little clunky. SD3 I have only ever heard good things about so I'm excited to jump into that.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has already been asked, but is the UK eShop version of Secret of Mana 60hz? I ask because it's Mystic Quest for the Game Boy, and they say French and German are supported. If it's the Pal version I'll just skip it and get it from the US eshop.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I think your priorities are completely out of whack. You are getting multiple great games, one of them having NEVER been released in NA (and is considered an ATG by many). All of that for well under the price of a regular game.

Why would any company bother translating their previously unreleased games if the message we send them is that we aren't willing to pay for them? Why would we ever get a Mother 3? Or a Bahamut Lagoon? Why would they bother going through the hassle of translating those games?

I want to keep getting these excellent games that we never received in the first place. I am more than willing to pay LESS than a typical game to make that happen. Happily.
Not in the U.K. this costs more than Dragon Quest 7 or 8.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
anyone want to report on features in the collection? interested to know if any QoL additions are present or if it's basically the original games with background options, music options, etc.

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed some of you can play any videogames given how much more expensive they are than a day's food or shelter which is clearly the better value proposition.

Fucking hell, take a rest.

WeroZero

Nov 22, 2017
Duran, Angela and Charlotte if you want to recreate a Secret of Mana vibe.
Youre right they resemble them!

There three main antagonists, each shared by two characters.

Duran~Angela
Charlotte~Kevin
Riesz~Hawk

Some stuff changes depending on your main character. This is a short game and multiple playthroughs are encouraged if you really liked the game

Ooh i see, thanks for the info!

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

I'm probably going to play Final Fantasy Adventure first for an hour or so, then play Trials to completion, then go back and finish FFA. I'll probably skip Secret of Mana - I feel like it's kind of in an awkward spot in that it's not as complex or as pretty as Trials, but doesn't have the same old-school charm as FFA, while still being pretty clunky (I don't know if they fixed anything with this collection, but the original was kind of buggy & the hit detection & balance was off).

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SD1/FFA is actually a fantastic game despite its technical issues/weird level design quirks. It's easily one of the best GB games ever made and its story is surprisingly engaging despite its simplicity. Certainly better than Secret which I never managed to finish because the combat and pacing was so awkward and weird.

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing I'm the one paying with my hard earned money and not you.

I was on your side! As soon as I saw the price I knew half the posts on the internet would be bitching about it and comparing it to other myriad games and products that cost similar and present an entirely different and incomparable value proposition. There's a really easy solution for those people.

Personally, if this was a Mother trilogy I'd happily pay £35 but I didn't love SoM enough (played for the first time on the SNES Classic) to be convinced the sequel is worth it. It's cool they've put it out though. Maybe in a sale for me.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was already happy that Seiken Densetsu 3 was getting a localized release, but I was blown away by the news of a full remake. Probably going to pass on the collection since I've played Secret of Mana so many times already, but I'm totally in for the remake.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I was on your side! As soon as I saw the price I knew half the posts on the internet would be bitching about it and comparing it to other myriad games and products that cost similar and present an entirely different and incomparable value proposition. There's a really easy solution for those people.

Personally, if this was a Mother trilogy I'd happily pay £35 but I didn't love SoM enough (played for the first time on the SNES Classic) to be convinced the sequel is worth it. It's cool they've put it out though. Maybe in a sale for me.
Ooops, I apologize then. Sorry about that.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Is Square finally done with the ugly mobile remake? This game is a godsend, I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

Just imagining a remake in the same vein for Xenogears or Vagrant Story....