• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Huge news :

- they tried to faithfully respect the battle system of the original...
But it wasnt good enough and didnt fit the new visuals.

- they added combos and aerial attacks, instant magic and ways to evade

- they want skillful players to be able to overcome battles by playing well but want to allow players that struggle to get an easier time by leveling up a bit

Sounds like they are doing this the absolute best way.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
God that store is so stupid, it's an EU store. Germany is an EU country, but of course i can't make an account there ...

laser

Feb 17, 2018
In my veins. Not getting the physical collection though. Can't justify double dipping and I want to play it now.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Huge news :

- they tried to faithfully respect the battle system of the original...
But it wasnt good enough and didnt fit the new visuals.

- they added combos and aerial attacks, instant magic and ways to evade

- they want skillful players to be able to overcome battles by playing well but want to allow players that struggle to get an easier time by leveling up a bit

Sounds like they are doing this the absolute best way.

Yeah, it sounds like the Seiken Densetsu 3 remake is going to be drastically better than the Secret of Mana remake. Like shockingly so.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Also, no multiplayer.

Cant work with the new systems locally and no online planned.

But they said they made up for it by making the switching seamless and improved.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone knows if the game has just English text or did they go the extra mile?
Like any French player who can tell if there's French inside?
At this point I would even settle for someone who's not English or Japanese and telling me that they don't just have the English text.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows if the game has just English text or did they go the extra mile?
Like any French player who can tell if there's French inside?
At this point I would even settle for someone who's not English or Japanese and telling me that they don't just have the English text.

They changed the icons in the menu at least

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
From the Nintendo page:
  • Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest and Secret of Mana are playable in English, French and German.
  • Trials of Mana is playable in English, French, German and Spanish.
Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
I've got the true Mystic quest and the real Secret of Mana?
From my childhood?
Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
This is christmas all over again!
Now to know if that's just the EU version of if I can settle with the US account to get access to that!

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
You can choose the translation und damit auch die "Fassung".
Deutsch ist mit dabei. Wobei die Lindenstraße wie bei jedem Re-Release fehlen dürfte.
Interesting. So if I choose English I'm playing the NTSC version?
I haven't played SoM in German since the original SNES release. "Hast du mal 'ne Mark" hat's wohl auch nicht geschafft? ;)

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Wish I knew this was coming a few weeks ago. I probably wouldn't have bought the SoM remake a couple weeks ago when it was on sale. I would prefer to own the original collection on my Switch.

If I purchase the collection it'll be the 5th time I bought SoM. I may just dip into it just for Trails, but then I've already completed it twice in recent years.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
They changed the icons in the menu at least
So it's like BotW, there's a EU and a NA icon?
For Collection?

Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest and Secret of Mana are playable in English, French and German.
Trials of Mana is playable in English, French, German and Spanish.
You mean Trials as in the new 3D game?
Also VERY important if I'm in the EU region BUT buy on the US store, I get the French Mystic Quest or do I have the FFA game?
Ok what the HELL is going on
www.nintendo.com

Collection of Mana for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Collection of Mana and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.
Notice:

• Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest and Secret of Mana are playable in English, French and German.
  • Trials of Mana is playable in English, French, German and Spanish.

Multiplayer available for "Secret of Mana" (1-3 players) and "Trials of Mana" (1-2 players).
There's multiplayer on the collection now?

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
From my childhood?
Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
This is christmas all over again!
Now to know if that's just the EU version of if I can settle with the US account to get access to that!
From my childhood?

I feel the same way

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Still gonna play it, but no multiplayer hurts bad. I always wanted to play this with my brother like I did Secret of Mana.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need them to go back and give Secret of Mana the Trials full remake treatment like they should have the first time.

Hell, they might be able to remake Dawn into something that plays like it belongs in this series.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
SD3/Trials tips for newcomers:
- Don't invest stat points in DEX (AGI originally) or LUCK. They are broken, partially implemented stats. Focus mainly on your damage stat (STR for phys damage/INT for Angela) or utility/spell learning stat (SPRT or INT). DEX is only used for learning Hawk's Ninja class spells. LUCK affects the slot minigame when opening a chest. Everyone should splash some points into STA (VIT originally) for more HP and physical defense.
- Most of Duran's Light class shields are bugged and don't do actually anything when equipped. The Oath Shield is the only one that works properly.

I'd be surprised if these bugs were fixed in the collection.

In addition to that:

- Whoever you pick as your first character matters a lot. There are three mid-game dungeons + three final dungeons/final big bad trios and which one you get depends on whoever you pick as the main character. Kevin/Charlotte get the easiest one, Angela/Duran get the medium one and Riesz/Hawkeye's one's generally considered the toughest.

- In this game, debuffs ALWAYS work unless the debuff is part of an elemental attack and you use it against an enemy that absorbs said attack. Status attacks generally work against anything that's not a boss as well.

- You eventually get to a place called the "black market" where you can buy items that replicate the effects of buff spells, saber spells and multi-target healing spells. HOARD them and return here whenever you run out!!! They make the difference between curb-stomping a boss or getting savaged. Buffs are vital.

Most importantly: certain bosses and certain powerful end-game enemies possess the same "limit breaks" that your characters possess and they're programmed to use them on you whenever they're hit with magic or high level specials. That shit hurts, like 2-hit KO kind of hurt. If an enemy suddenly starts spamming super attacks on you, stop spamming magic/specials. Your level 1 specials never trigger counters.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Up on Amazon now...

I feel like it is a cart, but I would sure like some confirmation.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
QUEEN

Trials_of_Mana_Cutscene_5.jpg

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
This is the remake legend if mana should've gotten. Well I've heard this is much better so maybe thats why they're putting proportiomally more work in it :^)

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Omg there's a 4th mana game but that princess is in another castle
You don't really wanna play that one I'd say
I'm gonna need them to go back and give Secret of Mana the Trials full remake treatment like they should have the first time.

Hell, they might be able to remake Dawn into something that plays like it belongs in this series.
That's gonna be hard work, the game is literally nothing alike the others.
they might as well just rename Legend as SD4 and be done with it.
Most importantly: certain bosses and certain powerful end-game enemies possess the same "limit breaks" that your characters possess and they're programmed to use them on you whenever they're hit with magic or high level specials. That shit hurts, like 2-hit KO kind of hurt. If an enemy suddenly starts spamming super attacks on you, stop spamming magic/specials. Your level 1 specials never trigger counters.
Having extensively played the game, it's every time you launch an attack that freeze the screen.
If you can throw some shit and enemies can move around you're safe.
If the screen is frozen, you're getting spammed....and it's a bug if I remember as well.
The way it's triggered and everything seem like an oversight.
No I misunderstood your post, I thought you were asking if the SD3 2D port has any new content aside from the translated text, lol. The icons in the game's menu are redrawn compared to the original SNES version.
Ok, no pb
As long as SD1 reads as Mystic Quest everything is fine.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who loved Secret of Mana but kept dropping off of the sequel after several attempts, I'm incredibly interested in this remake and can't wait to finally play all the way through it.

Now the only problem is I want ANOTHER Secret or Mana remake with this level of care.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to dig into "Trials" - also loving the filter for the Mystic Quest/Final Fantasy Adventure.

D8z3Z2GUwAA-H8L

D8z9xonUYAA22ts