• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the EU SE store link, I preordered. I couldn't see a date on the page but it said expected delivery 27 August 2019. Could be a placeholder though.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, there's no multiplayer in this port? I'm referring to the Collection not the Trials remake.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
This remake looks so good. I always liked Seiken Densetsu 3 much more then Secret of Mana so it's nice to see that this looks so much better than the past remake.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Wait, there's no multiplayer in this port? I'm referring to the Collection not the Trials remake.
www.nintendo.com

Collection of Mana for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Collection of Mana and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.
Notice:

• Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest and Secret of Mana are playable in English, French and German.
  • Trials of Mana is playable in English, French, German and Spanish.

Multiplayer available for "Secret of Mana" (1-3 players) and "Trials of Mana" (1-2 players).
There's multiplayer on the collection now

no online kind of makes sense when they basically stealth released that in the early months of the Switch

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
honestly i think SD3 is pretty overrated. beautiful and ambitious but there's almost no gameplay outside of boss encounters. Press A for Awesome to beat a mob squad, woot

but there's some "there" there to work with with a ground-up remake. interested to hear impressions/reviews but i hope they don't all get drowned out with "omg we finally get to play it" sentiment because i've been playing it since 1995, i want to see what this delivers on its own

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Wait can someone link me to the German or atleast EU store where I can pre-order the Collection of Mana physical edition? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Some of my favorite video game memories are running a rom-hacked 3 player Seiken Densetsu 3 mod and playing through it over the course of multiple weekends with friends not long before I moved. I actually own the Super Famicom cart somewhere in the house.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Also, no multiplayer.

Cant work with the new systems locally and no online planned.

But they said they made up for it by making the switching seamless and improved.

My kids are gonna be disappointed here. They loved playing the SoM remake with me.

Me too. I like Mana, but I'm not a big action RPG fan. I love them as a co-op experience though. I thought co-op was back in vogue these days.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Man, nowhere I'm looking at the physical collection ships to Australia. Hopefully some local stores will get listings up eventually. I'm fine with the price they're asking for this, but not as a download.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting really frustrated here with the physical edition in the EU. Apparently I can preorder it in the French store but then I need a French shipping address. Nothing on the German store.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Pre ordered the physical and bought it digitally to show my support. I haven't been a fan of SEnix this gen, but I have to give them props for bringing this over. They could've just put out the remake and called it a day.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Pre ordered the physical and bought it digitally to show my support. I haven't been a fan of SEnix this gen, but I have to give them props for bringing this over. They could've just put out the remake and called it a day.
Yeah, they are delivering the best of both worlds.
A feature rich collection of emulated games by M2 and a remake which seem to have way more budget than the one for SoM.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
My kids are gonna be disappointed here. They loved playing the SoM remake with me.

Me too. I like Mana, but I'm not a big action RPG fan. I love them as a co-op experience though. I thought co-op was back in vogue these days.

I understand.

You can also just play "one character each" and switch regularly ! And if they die you take over with the last character !

Game has insane replayability so at least there's enough content for all of you.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it looks absolutely terrible. I'm guessing the decision to use such a squashed font came down to some speech bubbles needing to cram a lot in due to the switch from much more concise kanji to English.

Its called variable width font. It's what more experienced hackers use to cram more text in the little space they have on those old games.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never played any of these so wanted to check out the pricing for the collection...

€40?! Never mind then!

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I was just about to buy it on Nintendo.com earlier today, when I got distracted by work. I came back to do it now, and I'm sure glad I didn't earlier, because now there's a physical edition that wasn't there before. Hooray! Pre-ordered.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I've always wanted to play the mana games. The remakes always looked like mobile games, but damn that 3rd one got a real glow up.

I'll nab the collection at some point.