• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Finally, my dream has became a reality!

I no longer have to import this collection once it's out now. :)

I also can't wait for the Seiken Densetsu 3 remake (Trials of Mana) to come out!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you, I finally found it on the Gernan store and ordered, I can sleep in peace tonight! Will PayPal also be charged later?
That I don't know. Some stores charge immediately if you're paying with PayPal, some don't (but you should get a message before checking out). Credit Card only gets charged a few days before shipping.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
D8yxYh6WwAIpq1l.png

I'm so happy with this! The sprite didn't do enough justice to Kevin.
I LOVE how they basically stayed true to the original designs. Even the world has that stylized look of a SNES/Super Famicom Seiken Densetsu world. Sometimes there is value in the original art direction and character designs. You don't always have to change everything or make everything more "complicated" just because. Imagine they went the Tony Taka route and devolved them into a generic modern anime style. *shudders*

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That I don't know. Some stores charge immediately if you're paying with PayPal, some don't (but you should get a message before checking out). Credit Card only gets charged a few days before shipping.

Hmm I'll have to see then. I suspect it will also be charged later though since I had to explicitly select my bank-account as the payment option, my PayPal credit wasn't available.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

Hmm I'll have to see then. I suspect it will also be charged later though since I had to explicitly select my bank-account as the payment option, my PayPal credit wasn't available.

I've just pre-ordered my copy of the collection on Amazon.com, but I'm using a virtual card (courtesy of privacy.com) to pay for the item.

Though I don't think that the payment will automatically get taken out until the item has shipped. Should I try the official Square-Enix store instead?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I cried when this was shown. My favorite rpg getting localized and a remake? I must be dreaming

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I literally clicked this thread expecting to come in and praise the fact we're finally getting SD3 in the west and I saw the screens and I was like

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

IT'S A FUCKCING REMAKE

OH MY GOD

I need to breathe

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I've just pre-ordered my copy of the collection on Amazon.com, but I'm using a virtual card (courtesy of privacy.com) to pay for the item.

Though I don't think that the payment will automatically get taken out until the item has shipped. Should I try the official Square-Enix store instead?

I can tell you for sure tomorrow, my SE order is still in validation-phase. I wonder if I'll run into trouble since I could order just fine because I was already logged in and the order went through but later I realized that my SE account got locked and wanted a password-change, presumably because I tried to order randomly from the UK and French stores before.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing SD3 with a gamefaqs translation before the patched ROM was available. We live in amazing times.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Just pre-ordered the physical one from Amazon, would be nice if they released this in my country too so I didn't have to import and wait even longer but I'm not gonna take the chance (can just cancel it if I needed I suppose).

Not sure I'm entirely happy with that SD3 font and smaller text but ah well.

VERY happy @ the physical release but sucks so bad that we have to wait extra months. :( I've waited long enough! :(

Someone stop me buying that SoM remake on PS4, it's $20NZ here and I'm tempted to grab it to fill some time! Wonder if it'll ever come to Switch? Probably would have by now if it was going to right?

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I'm sure they'll port Adventures of Mana at some point to Switch/PS4. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed my time with it on vita.

I wouldn't even be shocked to see SoM remake on Switch. It wasn't that bad with the original OST and all the patches. It no longer crashes, but sadly it took a few months to actually work.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, just preordered the collection from Best Buy... gotta milk GCU for all it's worth until my sub expires in February of next year.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I somehow seem to actually be more excited to play this as soon as I can than FFVIII Remaster or FF VII Remake.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

I'm starting to believe that Square knows what they are doing. Oh no... Oh no! I have... hope again. Slaythe, I feel so vulnerable.

It really has no business looking this good. I was dreading seeing SD3 ToM's visuals crippled by budget!

I would have been SO cynical if I had heard about this beforehand. I honestly didn't know modern Square was capable of something this wonderful. On top of that, Final Fantasy 7: Remake actually looks like it is doing things right at every turn (which is also very hard for me to believe). Things are looking shockingly positive.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Legit crying when I heard Meridian's Child in the trailer.

Charlotte's scene got to me hard.

It's amazing that they were able to keep the emotions intact because Seiken 3 relies entirely on them. Very hopeful.

They said VA won't feel out of place and I 100% agree (at least with jp voices for now). Absolutely felt very true.
I'm starting to believe that Square knows what they are doing. Oh no... Oh no! I have... hope again. Slaythe, I feel so vulnerable.

I mean at this point they just have to do something with Chrono and they own all of our souls forever.

Square got jealous of Capcom's redemption arc.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, I actually believe they could pull it off, too. What is happening? Am I drunk?

DQ11 proved they can pull it off. Not only that but the DQ11 team has helped Square fix their horrendous pipeline and workflow, to allow them to iterate daily with UE4.

And the Seiken 3 producers said DQ11 was the inspiration for trying out this style and not sticking with something like Secret of Mana remake.

In the end the Enix side saved Square from themselves, that's poetic.

FF6 and Chrono Trigger are basically the next big thing they'll touch up and they won't touch another FF until 7 is finished soooo....

(And let some western devs reboot Soul Reaver. That's it, Square wins for all eternity.)

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Ive always wanted to play SD3 and man that remake is looking hot. Im surprised they didn't just do the localization and call it a day.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised by this.

Hopefully they'll remaster Legend of Mana at some point. That game needs upscaled graphics, a number of gameplay tweaks and it'll be perfect.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
DQ11 proved they can pull it off. Not only that but the DQ11 team has helped Square fix their horrendous pipeline and workflow, to allow them to iterate daily with UE4.

And the Seiken 3 producers said DQ11 was the inspiration for trying out this style and not sticking with something like Secret of Mana remake.

In the end the Enix side saved Square from themselves, that's poetic.

FF6 and Chrono Trigger are basically the next big thing they'll touch up and they won't touch another FF until 7 is finished soooo....

(And let some western devs reboot Soul Reaver. That's it, Square wins for all eternity.)

It is truly a feel good story! The only thing the has me a little bummed is how mild the reception has been. I have now watched two groups of people react to that Nintendo Direct and the reaction was less than enthusiastic. Honestly, it has me worried. I would have thought that the legacy would be strong enough to encourage some enthusiasm.

Prove 'em wrong, Trials of Mana. Prove 'em all wrong!

*edit*
I fixed nonsense (hopefully) so that the post would make sense.

Last edited:

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Man this remake looks so good. What I wouldn't give for something like this for several SE RPGs from that era. FF5, 6, Chrono, etc. Oh boy.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It is truly a feel good story! The only thing the has me a little bummed is how mild the reception has been. I have now watched two press conferences where the reaction was less than enthusiastic. Honestly, it has me worried. I would have thought that the legacy would be strong enough to encourage some enthusiasm.

Prove 'em wrong, Trials of Mana. Prove 'em all wrong!

I mean if the series survived the remake of Secret of Mana I think we're good.

And what press conferences are you talking about ?

Anyway most stuff I saw from people, either they knew what that was and were super excited, either they didn't and said it looked very cute.

As long as they don't release this right before FF7 word of mouth can help it a lot like it helped DQ11 that they released right after Spiderman. (Square pls)