• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on an Adventure port for PS4 and a bundle of Adventure/Secret/Trials? Already got the first on Vita but wanted to see if they were going to do a bundle of all 3 on PS4 before going to Secret

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're gonna nerf aurawave?

It basically made Kevin the best mage in the game. Whoever thought a spell that instantly charge super meter to max was a good idea is an idiot.

Heck they need to nerf male characters in general. (or make the female characters better)

Ninja Master - double hit, mt debuff, shuriken craziness.
Godhand - double hit, aurawave, Kevin bug, 2nd best healer in the game
Duelist - highest attack in the game, best super in the game, elemental swords.

broke the game so much .

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
New promo trailer showcasing Duran and Angela.
Looks great.

We should be getting Hawkeye / Riesz, and Charlotte / Kevin soon.

Any word on an Adventure port for PS4 and a bundle of Adventure/Secret/Trials? Already got the first on Vita but wanted to see if they were going to do a bundle of all 3 on PS4 before going to Secret

Unlikely. They ported the original manga in the collection, not even Sword of Mana. Probably want to stay away from "adventure" and they also know that the Secret remake was not liked.
Trials is pretty much a fresh start.

I wonder if they're gonna nerf aurawave?

It basically made Kevin the best mage in the game. Whoever thought a spell that instantly charge super meter to max was a good idea is an idiot.

Heck they need to nerf male characters in general. (or make the female characters better)

Ninja Master
Godhand
Duelist

broke the game so much .

They're redoing everything from scratch so don't expect anything to carry over like that, honestly.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
that voice acting is not the greatest. hopefully there is japanese sub options
looking forward to more info

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Which male charcter end up with good (possibly) multitarget heals? If I'm going Dark-Dark with Angela and Reisz, I'll need a healer, and I refuse to use Charlotte in a game with voice acting.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
that voice acting is not the greatest. hopefully there is japanese sub options
looking forward to more info

There is dual audio. You can play with japanese voices.

Which male charcter end up with good (possibly) multitarget heals? If I'm going Dark-Dark with Angela and Reisz, I'll need a healer, and I refuse to use Charlotte in a game with voice acting.

Duran I think ?

Charlotte is adorable in japanese.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017

Kevin has a multi target heal class (forgot name).

If they keep the game similar to the originals, its better to use his Godhand class and spam potos oils which you can easily buy. Godhand has higher heal stats and aurawave. You rarely ever need to heal in battle except for bosses. For regular stuff just use his single target heal for in menu healing post battle.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Can you feel it ? That exact moment of perfect lucidity where any doubt you had regarding the english VO or Japanese VO vanished into thin air ?

Japanese VO it is !

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, given what the dialogue for Charlotte was like in text, feel like they nailed that since it's clear that's what they wanted to go for.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Oh god no.... They kept Charlotte's baby voice and it's worse than I imagined. Looks like Japanese VO is the only way to go.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I dig it, honestly. There is real drive behind the lisp that I appreciate, and it's not a very annoying trait to me, comes across as unique! I'm loving Kevin's voice too, it seems like they are banking on non-traditional voices for this game, and it's obviously not gonna go well because everyone and their mom is super judgemental about voice acting.

Like, bad is subjective, but I feel like people are too quick to judge voice acting these days.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ahah yeah no.

It's like both the delivery and the casting are completely off.

JP VA will save us though. It's flawless.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Been hearing about this game for years despite the fact that it never came out in the west. We expecting the remake to be something special? cuz I sure am in the mood for a classic JRPG on Switch with poppy 3D graphics and solid music.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, I'd never play a game in my non native language given the choice, but Charlotte might just make me never want to play the game. That is fucking awful.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Idk why companies keeps on using jamie mortellaro as voice director... Mostly his track record is bad. I assume he did this as he was also the one voice directed secret of mana remake

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm just wondering, what is the point of a Trials remake if Collection of Mana has the localized version?
While I respect where you are coming from, that's like asking why FFVII Remake is coming when the original is translated.

It's an opportunity to elevate a beloved game for multiple audiences and test the waters for continued interest/development of the franchise.

They are making this because they want to potentially make more Mana games, and that's why I'm gonna get it! I'm sure it'll be a fun time, but I want to see unique new games come out of this franchise again!

They have been sorely missed, in my opinion.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Charlotte's accent is such a distracting choice. I wonder how jarring her affect is in Japanese.

We heard her in the first trailer, is adorable. OwO

Perfect cutie pie.

Ooh, now I'm wondering. How is Trials on SNES?

It's a magic little adventure with beautiful story, soundtrack and visuals. The gameplay is not very good and almost unfinished.

The remake is the chance to do it justice !

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly thought I would hate Charlotte's voice more after playing through the localized version in the collection but this is a lot better than I was expecting. Her dialogue itself I really dislike though. The only real part of the official translation I'm not a fan of (that and the God-Beast -> Benevodon shift).

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
I honestly thought I would hate Charlotte's voice more after playing through the localized version in the collection but this is a lot better than I was expecting. Her dialogue itself I really dislike though. The only real part of the official translation I'm not a fan of (that and the God-Beast -> Benevodon shift).
Oh man, it's so bad it's *good* though. Haha

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Been hearing about this game for years despite the fact that it never came out in the west. We expecting the remake to be something special? cuz I sure am in the mood for a classic JRPG on Switch with poppy 3D graphics and solid music.
Music is more than solid, it's fantastic.
Personally I think the original SNES game has better graphics however this Trials of Mana remake is leap above the crappy Secret of Mana remake and it looks quiet nicely.
The combat gameplay should be much better in the remake than the original.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

You tell me !

ss_b31714c7141c75570f97340c3a2d94a7d07eff5d.png

ss_4c82b7c22d16cd9f26021c58afb87e063fe441a3.1920x1080.jpg

y_5cff4aa0a3ae2.jpg

z_5dcaad512f7e7.jpg

z_5dcaad511cd0b.jpg

It's basically a fairy tale. The story adapts itself to the party you picked. And there's like 7 classes per character (split between light and dark).

Yeah, I'd never play a game in my non native language given the choice, but Charlotte might just make me never want to play the game. That is fucking awful.

To be fair you can also just not pick her in your party and you will never see or hear her for more than 15 seconds in the whole game. :p

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're going to need to make some of the earlier classes a little more complex.

Like 35 percent of the game is the first class and 50 of the game is second class. Most of the first classes are super vanilla while some of the second class still are. When you're get to the third class, there's only a little bit left in the game, so they need to add some post game content too.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they're going to need to make some of the earlier classes a little more complex.

Like 35 percent of the game is the first class and 50 of the game is second class. Most of the first classes are super vanilla while some of the second class still are. When you're get to the third class, there's only a little bit left in the game, so they need to add some post game content too.

why i'm kind of wary about this remake like everything will have to be re-calibrated. i'll give it a benefit of a doubt the game is pretty half baked in a lot of regards (i think DEX or something doesn't even level up)

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Does anyone know if we'll be able to turn off the voice acting in this game like in DQ11? I'm definitely going with japanese over english but if I could turn it off that'd be even better.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So does this story follow the other games or is it standalone?

Each of the games in the series has very loose connections where they don't have a significant impact on the order you play them. In fact there was an interview with the series creator that basically states each game is pretty much it's own thing with some shared aspects.

As shown in the interview here - http://shmuplations.com/seikendensetsu3/