• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you been affected by this glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Update: 1.0.4 patch hit all platforms, fixed the lootbox "glitch" for some but not for most. In this very thread you can see already a Switch player and a PS4 player getting hit by it.

——

So, a now infamous glitch is affecting users of Trials Rising on different platforms. I got it on Switch, while below I'll link to the Steam forums and Ubisoft forums where there are PS4/Xbox users lamenting the same, so it seems it's affecting players regardless of platform.

In short: You can buy currency with real money on Trials Rising. Then use it to get cosmetics.
Every level of experience you get rewarded with a cratebox each containing 3 items ranging from currency credits (usually a pitiful 100/200 credits) and cosmetics with everything from helmets to bike/biker gear to stickers and accessories/amenities (crates are usually full of duplicates which you can sell for small amounts of credits, usually 100/250, and re-rolling a crate after opening it costs 500 credits and up depending on if you want to re-roll again.

Ever since the week after launch, first week of March, there have been reports of a widespread issue of this crateboxes being awarded but not showing up in inventory, most reports seem to indicate that around level 77 and 83 are the most at risk to get caught in this glitch, some experienced past lvl100 and some before lvl77.

I will post just this one link because it's literally a Google away dozens upon dozens of threads on a multitude of forums/websites/etc.

I'm one of the lvl83 guys.
I'm now 88 and since 83 haven't gotten my rewards.

Ubisoft is "aware of it" and "investigating"
I will post just this one link

It's been almost 2 months since the game has launched and it still hasn't properly been fixed nor addressed (like, say the fix it's definitely coming and we'll get back all the crates we have missed so far).
Game is a blast but this is pretty fucking annoying and it's making me put the game's progress on hold and only playing for time trials with friends. But contracts and progression are a big part of the game now. Missing cosmetics might not seem a big deal but there's some pretty cool shit (winning/loading/losing poses and dances, hilarious accessories and whatnot) and feels wrong to miss out on it because of "bugs".

What do you think?
Anyone hit by the bug on Era?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Asked the mods to add a poll to see if the problem is somehow widespread or at least known on these boards

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Wow damn, never got that and I'm above lvl 100 on ps4

Sucks I hope they fix it quick

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Some quotes from the game's OT *last page* on ERA.
I didn't even skim all the page. This is ONE page, less than that actually.

I can't believe this game is still such a piece of shit after all this time since release. Performance is still awful, I still receive zero loot crates when I level up, and the DLC won't unlock despite saying it was purchased (PS4). Redoing licenses didnt fix it. I expected better from Redlynx, but that won't ever be the case again. This is straight up amateur hour bullshit.
I am not sure if this would help but I downloaded this https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA09338_00-ROUTE66000000000 before the rebuild licenses, or at least added it as purchases to the cart, it didnt download anything.
Agreed on some of the other stuff, as much as I love the game I cannot believe is still this broken
Yeah we still play it all the time because the game itself is great, but man RedLynx should listen and respond to community feedback. It is baffling.
They recently put up a Known Issues page.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2001987-Known-Issues-UPDATED-April-19

There are many obvious ones already known there. No specific mention of performance issues though. I'm stunned that they still don't have the lootboxes working correctly, and that since the DLC came out I've been mostly unable to earn Trials Coins from event and Contract completions.
Easter event finishes today, and I probably would have had enough Easter lootboxes to get the whole bunny outift if, you know, they had appeared.

I don't give a shit in reality, because I made an Arsenal shirt when I got the game and I don't see any reason to change it so I have no interest in amassing more cosmetic items, but it's ridiculous that they could have a time-limited event like this when the system doesn't even work. Losing gear crates is one thing, losing Easter crates that might never appear again is another.
It's astonishing, it really is. Still, they obviously planned on Easter content and it's not like they can delay that a month while someone else on the team fixes their bugs. What you can do is buy crates for 1,000 each, and if you recycle the dupes you'll get up to 750 each for bunny parts you already have. So it shouldn't cost much. Or play a round or two of MP, you'll probably have some crates from that, and use the reroll for 500 feature as needed. It doesn't take long to get them all.

Oct 27, 2017
They've also had performance issues since the alpha nearly a year ago and have done nothing to address it. If you turn off the game's ability to connect to the network, the performance issues go away which means the issue is with how they're constantly contacting their own servers. This game has some great tracks that are ultimately betrayed by a horrible progression system, game-affecting performance issues, and game-killing bugs. Looking at the joint leaderboard, it's clear the game has failed to sell well, which normally would make me upset, but it pleases me in this case because this developer deserves this.

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
They've also had performance issues since the alpha nearly a year ago and have done nothing to address it. If you turn off the game's ability to connect to the network, the performance issues go away which means the issue is with how they're constantly contacting their own servers. This game has some great tracks that are ultimately betrayed by a horrible progression system, game-affecting performance issues, and game-killing bugs. Looking at the joint leaderboard, it's clear the game has failed to sell well, which normally would make me upset, but it pleases me in this case because this developer deserves this.

True.
Although when you put a mtx economy in your game with lootboxes and real money-bought premium currency, you better fucking stay on point and fix any issue that comes your way in a sensible timeframe.

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Poll added.

Thanks mods, I read the message but on mobile I couldn't find how to add it after posting the thread

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Performance in this game is absolute dogshit, and I am pretty sure (at least on a base PS4) the hitching got worse after that patch a few weeks ago. But lets make sure that the first DLC and timed event come out as scheduled, not push them back to make your game not a complete mess. I've gone to basically ignoring the customization system completely because everything about it is either broken or just shitty (it's worse than BO4 when it comes to getting stickers as rewards instead of actual gear). Finished getting Gold on all the main tracks and I don't even care about going back to get better times, the UI is a total slog to get through, on top of every other problem just kills most of the enjoyment of this game and it is a real shame as this has one of the best sets of tracks in the entire series.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
got to Top 1% and stopped playing because I was tired of turning my internet off/on just to make the game run smooth.

biggest dissapointment of 2019 for me so far.

and I still don't have the costumes that were supposed to be in the Gold edition

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I hope they are working on a big update which takes into account all the bugs they have not fixed yet. But they are busy working on the DLC instead I think. As a programmer it is honestly baffling that some of the bugs are not fixed yet. I mean it cannot be that hard to run a performance tool and look where the hitches are coming from, for example. Instead the patches are introducing NEW bugs, for example most replays are broken now... come on, it is still mostly the same engine as years ago, these things should not happen anymore if you work on the same stuff for more than 10 years. Still loving the game and happy it exists. ☺️

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be able to watch the ghosts of the leaders to learn how to improve my times, but more than half the time when I watch the top players' ghosts, it's glitched and somehow the game assigned a much lower time to a run that wasn't fast at all.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Something has broken with the cutting and pasting of links above, in the OP and in my post up there where I linked the Known Issues. Click on them and it goes nowhere, but the URL as it looks on screen is correct. Here it is again. On this specific issue they say, "Investigating". It's been there since launch.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2001987-Known-Issues-UPDATED-April-19

I still love the game. I still play it daily. Over 90 hours played and the game plus season pass only cost $40. On PC I haven't had the technical issue console players have had with stuttering, which must be hugely frustrating. I have missed a ton of lootboxes though, however during the Easter event I was getting more than I should. Since the patch with the first DLC I haven't been able to earn Trials Coins except for selling duplicate items. At the end of a track it says, "Earned 50 coins", lies. In that patch they also broken replays. Many have broken cameras and the Ninja replays have disappeared completely.

Last edited:

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I love the tracks but the rest of the game is a mess. I had to replay half the game to get ranked on leaderboards because I wasn't signed in to a Ubisoft account or some crap. The UI is a mess and having the leaderboards behind a button press is stupid

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't noticed if I am affected cause I just open the boxes while mashing away. I don't care much about cosmetics. But surely a severe bug that needs fixing asap.

This bug fits with my experience with much of the rest of the game though. As a huge Trials fan, Rising has been a big disapppoitment in many ways. It offers some of the best track collection of any Trials but is otherwise FULL of stupid design decisions and small bugs.

The first few days of playing the game were hell. After playing 30 minutes the game just wouldn't stop to constantly stutter like crazy. It looked like non-stop tearing, on the tracks themselves (which made it unplayable) but also on the map and menus. Restarting the game or even the PS4 didn't help at all. One day the bug was just gone, without any patch, which tells me it could come back.

I have since finsished every track including some Ninja tracks plus I got gold on everything up to and including all extreme tracks. I have enjoyed the tracks but everything surrounding it is just slow and unpractical.

The biggest problem I have with it are the mechanics behind stadium finals which were supposed to be patched so that the last CPU you have to beat is not faster than your own record on that track - but the patch doesn't work as described at all. Most opponents are riding platinum times and better than my own record. It was a stupid idea to begin with to adjust the needed times to ones own previous time. I would have never tried to get a good time on these stages beforehand if I had known this.

ibandersnatch

Aug 26, 2018
I haven't been affected by this glitch personally, but I did notice that they have already released a paid DLC for the game.

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Considering the small number of dedicated players around here, looking at the poll it's fair to say the problem is widespread on ERA too.

WTF are Redlynx and Ubisoft doing, a major bug like this one still going 2 months after launch.

Nov 13, 2017
I haven't received any loot boxes since level 88-90 on single player leveling.
Also challenges are still borked since the first one screwed up

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Finally got a reply from Ubisoft support and they are still parroting the same bs:
"Thanks blablabla we're aware, investigating and trying to replicate it (still??!) blabla thanks for playing".

Goddamn.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The real glitch here is that Trials Rising is bad and RedLynx/Ubi fucked this series up so hard.

I haven't been affected by the glitch because I don't buy/add the cosmetics and don't really pay attention to them.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit I was just hit by this glitch.

Level 85 and I just noticed that I don't have any crates in my inventory even tho I've leveled like 4 times since the last time I opened up my crates.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Was a single click away from buying the game today. Seems like there's enough issues with the game that I'm glad I held off.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
That sucks.

I had a lot of trouble connecting to the Fusion servers even years after it came out. And my progress got deleted despite me being able to see my times on the leaderboards. Add it the atrocity that is Trials of the Blood Dragon and I'm steering clear of the games. Sad because I loved HD and Evolution.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Was a single click away from buying the game today. Seems like there's enough issues with the game that I'm glad I held off.
The issues are small, really. I have 109 hours in the game and still play most days. I've saved dozens of UGC tracks which are every bit as good as the excellent RL tracks the game comes with. The biggest issue really is intermittent currency rewards, however I already have all the cosmetics I want and still have a ton of currency to buy more with, so it's not really a big deal. The core gameplay is still the same fantastic Trials platformer/racing hybrid, and the base game has almost twice the number of tracks as Fusion had. I don't regret paying full price $40 for the Gold version at all.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
The issues are small, really. I have 109 hours in the game and still play most days. I've saved dozens of UGC tracks which are every bit as good as the excellent RL tracks the game comes with. The biggest issue really is intermittent currency rewards, however I already have all the cosmetics I want and still have a ton of currency to buy more with, so it's not really a big deal. The core gameplay is still the same fantastic Trials platformer/racing hybrid, and the base game has almost twice the number of tracks as Fusion had. I don't regret paying full price $40 for the Gold version at all.
Hmm, maybe I should bite then. Should have mentioned I was about to buy it on Switch so I expect the game to look worse than on other platforms. Will have to check if there's performance issues as I will be playing in handheld mode. Just need a game that is easy to pick up for my plane ride next week.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Hmm, maybe I should bite then. Should have mentioned I was about to buy it on Switch so I expect the game to look worse than on other platforms. Will have to check if there's performance issues as I will be playing in handheld mode. Just need a game that is easy to pick up for my plane ride next week.
Switch is at 30fps, though the physics still runs at 60fps. Graphics get a downgrade too. Also the default controls are digital not analog, however I've heard you can use some other controller to get analog. People still seem to like the Switch version, but portability aside it's clearly the inferior one.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
The current patch 1.04 has fixed the lootbox and replays, but the stuttering is STILL there on PS4 Pro. Inexcusable. Even the release notes are bugged, they claim they fixed an impossible challenge, but it is still not fixed. We love the game but RedLynx really dropped the ball performance wise. What a disappointment.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The current patch 1.04 has fixed the lootbox and replays, but the stuttering is STILL there on PS4 Pro. Inexcusable. Even the release notes are bugged, they claim they fixed an impossible challenge, but it is still not fixed. We love the game but RedLynx really dropped the ball performance wise. What a disappointment.
It hasn't fixed the lootboxes tho. I was just hit with this glitch and I'm on 1.04 as well (PS4).

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

Actually 1.0.4 RE-INTRODUCED the bug once again for me (Switch).
Haven't gotten my last 3 boxes for lvl97 to lvl99

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
I experienced this but there's so many repeat and not great items in the loot boxes anyway I didn't care

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
At this point I guess that RedLynx has an developed an engine over the years that is instable and unfixable. I guess for the next game they should change engines and put this buggy thing to rest.

Oct 27, 2017
Lootboxes confirmed broken still and the performance issues on PS4 Pro are every bit as terrible as they've been. I love the tracks, but they're not worth putting up with this crap.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the small number of dedicated players around here, looking at the poll it's fair to say the problem is widespread on ERA too.

WTF are Redlynx and Ubisoft doing, a major bug like this one still going 2 months after launch.

You don't think Era members vote on polls just for the sake of it? lol

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You don't think Era members vote on polls just for the sake of it? lol
I was just hit by this yesterday, so the glitch most definitely still exists.

The thing is, you won't even notice it until you go to the crates page. I leveled up like 4-5 times before noticing it. I wait to get 10 or more crates before unlocking them so I could def see people who are hit by this glitch but they haven't realized simply because they are trying to get more crates before opening them.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I was just hit by this yesterday, so the glitch most definitely still exists.

The thing is, you won't even notice it until you go to the crates page. I leveled up like 4-5 times before noticing it. I wait to get 10 or more crates before unlocking them so I could def see people who are hit by this glitch but they haven't realized simply because they are trying to get more crates before opening them.

Yeah, I know it exists. I experienced it myself. But the poll shouldn't be taken seriously considering the number of replies and the votes.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
and the performance issues on PS4 Pro are every bit as terrible as they've been. I love the tracks, but they're not worth putting up with this crap.

this is still the only issue I care about, and it's insane it's not fixed yet.

could care less about lootboxes, just want to grind Platinums/Diamonds without stuttering/hitching.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, stuttering is really noticeable as well.

Also I wish you could completely disable ghost data without going offline. Well not like I should care for that anymore thanks to the glitch, but going offline doesn't give you Crates and if you play online loading up some of those ghost datas can take up to 2-3 minutes which is honestly ridiculous.

Kwyjibo

Oct 31, 2017
This has been a really disappointing instalment all around.

The XP grind and being forced to do never ending skill contracts to gain required XP is absolute bullshit. I still haven't unlocked the hard tracks and I'm level 64 or something. Been grinding since level 58 and just gave up.

The game just isn't fun (or good)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This has been a really disappointing instalment all around.

The XP grind and being forced to do never ending skill contracts to gain required XP is absolute bullshit. I still haven't unlocked the hard tracks and I'm level 64 or something. Been grinding since level 58 and just gave up.

The game just isn't fun (or good)
A few things there.

a) The first Hard tracks unlock at level 58 iirc. Have you done all the available Stadium events?
b) They patched it quite a while ago to allow leagues unlock by beating the University events, to bypass the need to be some XP level. Have you done that?
c) Even if the above two points didn't solve your issue, you can gain a level in 10 or 15 minutes doing easy Contracts, and probably at least as fast if you play some MP. That's about 2 hours of playing, maybe less, (or grinding, for those who insist on labeling anything that isn't straight line campaign content as a "grind") to get from 58-64.
d) You can play a ton of great Hard and Extreme tracks via Track Central.

Kwyjibo

Oct 31, 2017
A few things there.

a) The first Hard tracks unlock at level 58 iirc. Have you done all the available Stadium events?
b) They patched it quite a while ago to allow leagues unlock by beating the University events, to bypass the need to be some XP level. Have you done that?
c) Even if the above two points didn't solve your issue, you can gain a level in 10 or 15 minutes doing easy Contracts, and probably at least as fast if you play some MP. That's about 2 hours of playing, maybe less, (or grinding, for those who insist on labeling anything that isn't straight line campaign content as a "grind") to get from 58-64.

Thanks for the reply.

I've been grinding for a while. It could be that I'm grinding from 51-58 or something and I've definitely done every available track.

All I have are the contracts. I've done lots and lots......and the contracts are just not fun, they're XP filler.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

I've been grinding for a while. It could be that I'm grinding from 51-58 or something and I've definitely done every available track.

All I have are the contracts. I've done lots and lots......and the contracts are just not fun, they're XP filler.
You should definitely double check all your Stadiums, and the University.

If you dive into TC, look for the track called Penrose (Extreme), it should show in one of the "trending" or "best" filters, and check all the tracks by that creator. They're amazing.

Kwyjibo

Oct 31, 2017
You should definitely double check all your Stadiums, and the University.

If you dive into TC, look for the track called Penrose (Extreme), it should show in one of the "trending" or "best" filters, and check all the tracks by that creator. They're amazing.

Will definitely check it out! I've been craving the hard and extreme tracks since it came out. But I have overlooked the community maps to be fair.

I'm just very down about the single player experience. The awfully cluttered track map UI doesn't help either!

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I know it exists. I experienced it myself. But the poll shouldn't be taken seriously considering the number of replies and the votes.

Define taking seriously and what are you implying? You do know that you can just go to the Ubi forums (to say nothing about Reddit) and find ten times more complaints and players affected by the glitch, right?

A few things there.

So you're saying it's not fair to complain about lvl-gated content and being forced to play contracts? I think it's fair and definitely more than you implying players are entitled when they don't consider that fucking awful and utter boring contracts "content". "Do 10 backflips" "do 30m wheelie" Ah! So much fun, inspiring content. They're also counterproductive, since you can't better your record on a track when fulfilling a contract for obvious reasons.
So no, I don't think players "refusing to consider everything not tracks-related" is something to point out as wrong at all, if anything it's your position on the matter that is weird to say the least. Why do you care?

For the record, I've done the vast majority of contracts already. They're all the same and the most by the numbers useless xp-filler I've seen in a racing game ever.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So you're saying it's not fair to complain about lvl-gated content and being forced to play contracts? I think it's fair and definitely more than you implying players are entitled when they don't consider that fucking awful and utter boring contracts "content". "Do 10 backflips" "do 30m wheelie" Ah! So much fun, inspiring content. They're also counterproductive, since you can't better your record on a track when fulfilling a contract for obvious reasons.
So no, I don't think players "refusing to consider everything not tracks-related" is something to point out as wrong at all, if anything it's your position on the matter that is weird to say the least. Why do you care?

For the record, I've done the vast majority of contracts already. They're all the same and the most by the numbers useless xp-filler I've seen in a racing game ever.
The person who was complaining about grind didn't need to grind. I bet if they check their Stadiums they'll find an event to do which will unlock more tracks, or they can unlock more tracks by beating the University events. Since there is no longer a need to "grind", why are you coming after me for saying that? Why do you care?

If you've done the vast majority of contracts then I'm sure you're well aware there are about 24 different requirements, and they're not "all the same". Grinding would be doing literally the same thing over and over. Beating a certain track with the bmx bike and stronger gravity is not the same thing as beating an extreme track with the donkey, or beating another track with a front wheel that breaks and you're allowed X number of faults, or beating another track with 20 backflips and beating some time, or beating another track without using lean and allowed X number of faults. They are not the same, many require a lot of skill and are fun and challenging. Also things like "no leaning", "full throttle", collectibles and easter eggs have been part of Trials since the HD game, three iterations ago. The only difference here is they wanted all players to do some of that side content, which players don't even need to now anyway thanks to MP giving tons of XP and the University unlocking of leagues, so why are you complaining? It's June, not February.

For the record, they never should have had lootboxes or XP in the game. They did, and it was a bad design choice, but it's far from the end of the world.