• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Download is done.

I'm ready for some "open beta" just before the full game!

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I did not get in... just says sign up phase on my account. Looking forward to the game.. hope its good.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on number of tracks or max difficulty? I hope they throw in one extreme but i doubt they will.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't love how full ninja the extreme tracks went in the last trials. Hopefully we get back to more of the HD/Evo design philosophies and leave the ninja levels to custom created ones.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't love how full ninja the extreme tracks went in the last trials. Hopefully we get back to more of the HD/Evo design philosophies and leave the ninja levels to custom created ones.
Hmm really? I didn't think the extremes were too much or anything. Though I'm used to playing ninja tracks people make.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm really? I didn't think the extremes were too much or anything. Though I'm used to playing ninja tracks people make.

I mean maybe ninja is too strong for the extreme tracks but I was able to do well (gold+) on the extreme tracks in HD and Evo but could only even complete like 60-70% of the extreme tracks in Fusion.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Just from the title screen I can see that the UI's really low-res on Switch; makes it kind of hard to read. I hope the actual in-game stuff isn't a blurry mess because this is definitely a game I'd buy on Switch when I wouldn't elsewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Can you play this on Switch without Nintendo Online? The eshop says something about some content needing online, but I don't know what's actually included in the beta.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Can you play this on Switch without Nintendo Online? The eshop says something about some content needing online, but I don't know what's actually included in the beta.

I tried logging in an hour ago on Switch and it kept giving me a no internet connection error even though I clearly had one.

edit: lol well just found out it starts tomorrow.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I am SO hoping this runs decent enough on the Switch. It is a perfect game for the portability factor of it.
However I was in the Alpha on the X and it kind of ran like ass on there. It was an Alpha though so maybe they treated it as such.
I actually have it preloaded on the X as well just to see if there has been improvements made there as well.
But if it runs decent on the Switch, will no doubt be getting in there.

Last edited:

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
When can you actually play the beta? Asking for Switch, it won't connect to the server for me.

Apr 8, 2018
Got into the last closed beta (alpha?) a bit ago, but never got to try this out. Preloaded and ready to try this out on Xbox One.

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i have a feeling that this will be the most "fun" game of February

I've had a pretty fun month despite all these negative threads...my two worst games played are Spike Volleyball (an actual broken game) and Metro: Exodus, which is still good, just not fun to me like playing Tetris 99/Apex/Anthem and beating Far Cry, Crackdown, and Jump Force were.

Hopefully this beta sells me on the latest Trials, but I've played enough games this month lol

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit the Switch versionis AWFUL
30 fps with drops - why bother porting?

Are the other versions 60?

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Two minutes in before the first loot crate appears.... that shit is going to invade each and every game going forward, isn't it.

Also, dissapointing that a pure "current" gen (Fusion was also available on previous generation consoles iirc) Trials still does not run smoothly (playing on PS4) with framerate issues, screen tearing and sluggish menu loading and screens (with texture popup). Are these games so taxing on hardware, maybe due to the physics?

Also, i preferred the setup from Fusion, with just a bunch of simple menus and tracks, without any career stuff. Just click track and play is what Trials is about for me.

So yeah, not that impressed to be honest. I don't see anything new that makes this better than Fusion, on the contrary. I haven't played enough tracks though. This was actually my most anticipated game (with Dirt Rally 2) this year so i hope i'll change my mind after playing some more of the beta.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This is so much fun! It's been a while since we got a good Trials game. I like this game's theme and aesthetics much more than Fusion's. I think I'll preorder the gold edition.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Also, dissapointing that a pure "current" gen (Fusion was also available on previous generation consoles iirc) Trials still does not run smoothly (playing on PS4) with framerate issues, screen tearing and sluggish menu loading and screens (with texture popup). Are these games so taxing on hardware, maybe due to the physics?

yep, this is rather disappointing, i´ve played Fusion yesterday and it runs much better than Rising...not gonna buy it with these technical problems...and they should have done this "Beta" in November/December and not 5 days before release ffs

docyoe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
played the Switch and Ps4 Pro version....
the Switch is a substantial downgrade.
60(with dips) vs 30(with dip)
At least 1080p on Pro vs 720p (could be 900p dynamic) on Switch.
But what's really sticking out are the reduced objects and effects in the Switch version.

kortvarsel

Avenger
Dec 11, 2017
I play these for the multiplayer racing, how is it compared to fusion/evolution? I liked the feeling of Evolution a lot more.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
At least 1080p on Pro vs 720p (could be 900p dynamic) on Switch.
But what's really sticking out are the reduced objects and effects in the Switch version.

the dips on Pro are annoying, there are split second freezes sometimes, completely destroys the rhythm and is irritating

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Holy shit the Switch versionis AWFUL
30 fps with drops - why bother porting?

The Switch version is almost unplayable.

I know it's cool to say "preorder cancelled", but uh, that really is a cancelled preorder for me. Such a shame to hear.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I really couldn't stand the last trials game. Hope this is closer to the first two released on console.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Hmm only 1080p with frame rate problems on PS4 Pro? How good is the anti-aliasing? Does it have HDR? 🤔

I hoped for a graphical upgrade over Fusion... but will buy it anyways.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Was just playing for a couple hours then got disconnected from the server and can't reconnect.

Edit: Server maintenance it seems.

Last edited:

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Travelling so stuck with the Switch version. 30fps and you can't press lightly on the gas....why would anyone buy this version if they had the option.

That said I like the new setting a lot.