• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Same. And it's always when a sound asset is being loaded. If I replay the section, it doesn't stutter. Not seeing any performance issues during races outside of those rare occurrences. On Switch in docked mode I was seeing a terrible framerate. At least that's what I thought it was, but according to DF what I was seeing was frame skipping (ala Bloodborne).
I end up turning the music off in every trials game.

Oct 27, 2017
i had a freeze in a stadium final which culminated in a blue screen. they really should look into the technical state of the game, it could be better.
Same. Right after I completed the 3rd challenge in the 2nd stadium, it just froze. Restarting the game brought me right back and gave me the completion credit though.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I am assuming Nintendo Online is needed for the Switch version for almost everything, or can it be played "offline?"
I want to double dip and get the retail version from Amazon for the Switch, but I do not have Nintendo Online. It will basically become a $60 game for me if I need NO.
Currently Level 20 something on the X version and feel like I need to have this on my Switch in handheld mode even with some concessions.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Anyone else on PC getting some stuttering in the ice/fire levels. My GPU is barely warm so feeling it might be something on their end.

Just got to level 42 and unlocked the Mantis. Really wish the level select screen didn't start you back on the basic bike every time; I just spam X to get through the menus and keep forgetting.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone hit a point where they have to grind at all yet? Currently still in medium stuff waiting to play more.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first two leagues and I'm really impressed by the track design. We've certainly come a long way since driving through those old warehouses. The locations are so colorful and varied and (occasional texture pop in aside) it looks even better than Fusion.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Just 15 mins in on PC. It seems to be running smooth, at max settings and in ultrawide, smoother than I remember the beta being. Perhaps that may be because I put this on an SSD, which I did not with the beta. I do have the Steam fps counter enabled but it didn't show that time and it frequently doesn't show up, like some times I run a game and it's there, other times I run the same game it isn't. Seems like loading on-the-fly assets like sounds may be the cause of stutters, based on others comments. Great track designs. Nice to see the University tutorials goes up to high level stuff.

I played the beta but didn't ask then, who are the ghosts on each track? How are they chosen?

What are the blue acorns? Based on my experience with AC, I assume that's a premium currency to buy skins directly which are in the lootboxes to unlock for free over time?

I'm using a PS4 controller on PC, and in the beta most of the UI showing buttons showed up as <L>. I assumed the released game would have fixed this. Nope! So I'm having to guess what the buttons are to enter various menus because everything shows up as <L>. Come on, that's weak.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fuck these Stadium final things. I don't want to replay three tracks in a row that I have already played before just because I slipped up on the last one.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I've just unlocked the Mantis. I've been making sure I get gold on each track as I play, and A+ on the university courses. Nothing feels grindy so far. One thing is really bugging me though – on the first track of the first easy stadium I only got a silver, but I was in the top 4. Now when I replay the track I have to race 7 insanely hard ghosts instead of the chumps I faced the first time. I can't place better than 6th, and despite blitzing the gold time I don't get gold because I'm not in the top 4. I don't know how these ghosts are chosen but I get the same ones every time. I thought once I unlocked the Mantis I'd be able to come back and win, but I still can't beat 6th.

Oct 27, 2017
I've just unlocked the Mantis. I've been making sure I get gold on each track as I play, and A+ on the university courses. Nothing feels grindy so far. One thing is really bugging me though – on the first track of the first easy stadium I only got a silver, but I was in the top 4. Now when I replay the track I have to race 7 insanely hard ghosts instead of the chumps I faced the first time. I can't place better than 6th, and despite blitzing the gold time I don't get gold because I'm not in the top 4. I don't know how these ghosts are chosen but I get the same ones every time. I thought once I unlocked the Mantis I'd be able to come back and win, but I still can't beat 6th.
As far as I can tell it picks ghosts of players slightly above the rank it thinks you are. Maybe take the game offline and play the CPU players and see if that works better for you.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Are the Champion Challenge things random? I had a significant real life distraction on the first one that unlocked and I failed it and it's just gone now....

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
The stuttering is TERRIBLE!

I love Trials, this was an easy day 1 purchase, I didn't even care to play the beta, I just wanted the game. Now I feel like an idiot for blindly buying the gold version. I'm playing on PS4 Pro and had no issues whatsoever for the first 30 minutes. After that, EVERY stage and even the world map started to show heavy stuttering. Some levels are barely playable, best cases are still very bad. It completely robs the game of it's smooth gameplay and graceful flow. There's no eason for targeting 60fps if you're not bothering with framepacing issues like that.

I love the track design, music and general style of the game so far. But I'm hugely disappointed that they released the game with such a glaring problem.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
As far as I can tell it picks ghosts of players slightly above the rank it thinks you are. Maybe take the game offline and play the CPU players and see if that works better for you.
Good idea, I'll try that!

Are the Champion Challenge things random? I had a significant real life distraction on the first one that unlocked and I failed it and it's just gone now....
I failed a challenge and a new one popped up on a different track. The times I had to beat for that were hilariously crap, like the game took pity on me. Like, a track I could beat in 50 seconds and an opponent time of 5 minutes.

I love Trials, this was an easy day 1 purchase, I didn't even care to play the beta, I just wanted the game. Now I feel like an idiot for blindly buying the gold version. I'm playing on PS4 Pro and had no issues whatsoever for the first 30 minutes. After that, EVERY stage and even the world map started to show heavy stuttering. Some levels are barely playable, best cases are still very bad. It completely robs the game of it's smooth gameplay and graceful flow. There's no eason for targeting 60fps if you're not bothering with framepacing issues like that.

I love the track design, music and general style of the game so far. But I'm hugely disappointed that they released the game with such a glaring problem.
Same here. Everything was smooth and I thought the issues from the beta must have been fixed. But now I'm on the medium tracks and the stuttering is really bad.

Cabana Boy

Oct 28, 2017
Im having such a good time! That sum 41 track made me going through all their albums again on spotify while pouring me some whiskey, and marvel at the inventive course designs! Didn't get hooked on evolution or fusion but I'm all in now. Feels like the trials HD days. It helps that I'm on vacation too:p Did fusion have that transition between worlds? I gasped when it first happened in that hollywoo course... so good!!!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Does it happen if you shut down then restart the app? If not, they probably have a memory leak. Either way, I'm optimistic they'll fix this stuff.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing on Xbox One X. Not seeing any stuttering but the blacks are crushed.

Thought I'd seen the last of that but I guess not.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
yeah, stadium finals is an awful idea, this is no fun at all and not really motivating...

they should have done it with a little bit more lenient opponents or against the time, really not cool to restart over and over because of one mistake or one jump you took too high or low...locking a Sponsor behind these races is an even dumber idea

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
What is the deal with the skill games being locked? The second one is locked for me and I see a little what looks to be a bird icon? It is a little pink icon? Do I have to find these icons throughout the levels or something? They could do a better job of explaining exactly what I need to Unlock for this skill game. Otherwise been having fun with the game.

EDIT - NVM. Figured it out on my own. I needed to unlock the next league. Was not even paying attention and realized there were leagues.

DOUBLE EDIT - Not sure why I really cared, the skill games are mediocre at best. Meh.

Back to Far Cry New Dawn for awhile for me. I love Trials but damn I also feel like I am going insane if I play it for too long.

Last edited:

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
These hard tracks are fun, though not sure what I think of the rocket boost one.

Nine

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Just 15 mins in on PC. It seems to be running smooth, at max settings and in ultrawide, smoother than I remember the beta being. Perhaps that may be because I put this on an SSD, which I did not with the beta.

I'm using a PS4 controller on PC, and in the beta most of the UI showing buttons showed up as <L>. I assumed the released game would have fixed this. Nope! So I'm having to guess what the buttons are to enter various menus because everything shows up as <L>. Come on, that's weak.

I've actually been waiting to buy until I heard more about this. Didn't see anyone mention it in the beta but I had the left stick prompt thing too, with an Xbox one controller even. I was shocked to see no one mentioned it even on steam discussions so I assumed it was me. It was also virtually unplayable on my 1070 based laptop as the game appeared to be in slow motion. Some people said it could be using the integrated graphics still but the settings say it was using the 1070.

IDK I'm dying to play this damn game but between the poor PC beta experience I had and the fact it's not perfect on a PS4 Pro are making me wait because I can't pick a lesser of two evils here.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I've actually been waiting to buy until I heard more about this. Didn't see anyone mention it in the beta but I had the left stick prompt thing too, with an Xbox one controller even. I was shocked to see no one mentioned it even on steam discussions so I assumed it was me. It was also virtually unplayable on my 1070 based laptop as the game appeared to be in slow motion. Some people said it could be using the integrated graphics still but the settings say it was using the 1070.

IDK I'm dying to play this damn game but between the poor PC beta experience I had and the fact it's not perfect on a PS4 Pro are making me wait because I can't pick a lesser of two evils here.
Well, I just put in another half hour on PC. Still seemed a smooth 60fps. One single time early when replaying a track there was a clear stutter, otherwise no issues. Again, that's on an SSD, which maybe helps. I went PC instead of my OG PS4 because of the ultrawide. I love that 2560x1080.