• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Trials-Rising-Banner.jpg

Trials Rising
Release Date: Today! 2/26/2019
Developer: RedLynx
Publisher: Ubisoft

Website
Available on: PS4 / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch / PC (Steam Link)
Prices:
Standard Edition - $24.99
Gold Edition (and Physical Release) - $39.99

What's in the Gold Edition?
The Expansion Pass, which includes 55+ additional tracks to be released from the upcoming DLC packs Sixty-Six and Crash and Sunburn as shown in this trailer

Also includes outfits such as the Stuntman and Samurai gear

Edit: Here's what's in the physical case

What it Trials Rising?
large.jpg

Trials Rising is the followup to Trials Fusion in the ongoing series of Trials games. These games are sidescrolling motorcycle games that are part platformer and part momentum and physics based puzzle games. In the game you play through tracks where you have to drive over, through, into, on, and every other preposition various obstacles and as the game continues these obstacles continue to get more difficult until they break you, you break your controller, or you master the art of motorcycle movement. Deaths can be frequent though due to the careful physics and level design it never feels like it's due to something unfair, but rather due to the player needing to figure out how to overcome a specific point. There's nothing quiet like getting it down and no faulting a track that previously seemed impossible.

Like Evolution and Fusion before it Trials Rising also features multiplayer to compete for times against others online, and a hugely robust track creation system where people can make and share amazing Ninja difficulty tracks that most of us will never be able to play but look pretty cool when watching the replay of the top person on it's leaderboards.

What's New In Rising?
ubicom-trials_rising-screenshot-e3_2018-ss02-FULL-1920x1080_328058.jpg

• All the tracks, over 100+! More than any other Trials game has released with.
  • Trials Rising is set now in locations with themes based on locals from around the world instead of in a warehouse or in the future. This means also that the tracks are selected from a world map instead of a list like previous games.
  • No more FMX! The trick based tracks from Fusion are history. Or a long way in the future given the setting of Fusion.
  • Lootboxes. Every times you gain a level you get a lootbox you can open, and there are also some lootboxes awarded for specific challenges. Please note these are for cosmetic items such as rider gear and stickers and can largely be ignored if none of that is interesting to you.
  • More customization items. The stickers allow you to customize the decorations on your rider to a greater extend if that is of interest!
  • A much more in depth tutorial system than previous games.
  • Track trophies are now by time only, faults give you -5 second per fault towards your time instead.
  • A new tandem bike in case you want to both play co-op on the same bike with another person, and also want to possibly never speak to them again.

ubicom-trials_rising-screenshot-e3_2018-ss09-FULL-1920x1080_328038.jpg

It's Trials! Go get it. I ride, I die, I ride again!

Trials Rising Review Thread

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed my time reviewing the game. The lootboxes and some of the menu designs are a bit dumb, but they don't kill the experience or anything. The rest is high quality Trials, without shenanigans like the tricks. It also finally launches with a solid multiplayer from the start. I can't wait to see what the community will do with the game's rad editor, the previous games had some incredible creations.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
The biggest thing I want to hear is Switch impressions, because of the lack of analog triggers.

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the OT! Anyone know if there's an ERA discord for Trials players?

OP
OP

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
The biggest thing I want to hear is Switch impressions, because of the lack of analog triggers.

You can use the right stick as a sort of an analog accelerator, but I had a hard time adjusting to that.

It's certainly playable, and probably the best portable version of Trials we're going to get, but I don't think I would want to even try an extreme track playing it with the joycons

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
maybe it's just the day one server stuff, but there has been a completely unacceptable amount of stutter during tracks on PS4 thus far.

like, it's seriously fucking me up =/

edit: on a PS4 Pro I should mention

Last edited:

Massa

Oct 27, 2017
maybe it's just the day one server stuff, but there has been a completely unacceptable amount of stutter during tracks on PS4 thus far.

like, it's seriously fucking me up =/

I've seen some stutter on the Xbox One X as well, but not too much. Having a blast with the game, it's really great.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Worth noting that if you have a GameCube adapter for your Switch, break it out for this. The game supports the analog shoulders.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to get home from work and play more of this. Woke up early and got to like level 50.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this, hopefully I can finally get through the hard levels on this game as I've never been able to in previous games as I SUCK at Trials, I must have only done about 45% of the content in Fusion.

Can't wait to get home from work and play more of this. Woke up early and got to like level 50.

How early did you wake up? Lol

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
analog gas is absolutely needed, especially for many vertical obstacles.

Not even just those. Fairly early on in the game there's a long climb on 50 degrees or so ramp. Do that with full gas and watch your front wheel go bananas. It's not impossible, but I would not want to do that one without analogs for sure.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
playing offline on PS4 Pro, I'm getting less hitching/stuttering.

fucking ridiculous, but I'm just unlocking tracks so I don't care about the times yet.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Got up to level 20 last night, a bit disappointed that I've only unlocked one new bike at this point but that's alright. Not a big fan of the map or gear crates like most but otherwise this is a rock solid Trials game. The film set level is one of most fun settings for a track in the entire franchise.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I barely use anything other than full throttle on extreme tracks, but when you can keep the momentum going it makes a big difference.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
"Game unlocks on February 26th"
*try to play game*
"You cannot play this software yet."

the joys of being a switch player

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing for a bit, I skipped Fusion so haven't played a Trials game since Evolution and god I missed this.

I haven't played an Ubisoft game in a while, but in-game when I got to the Ubisoft club thing I'm already signed into my Ubi account (and I bought the Ubi Trials sponsor and the 10 coin sticker pack), but in-game all of the ghosts/leaderboards people have the little Ubisoft logo thing to the left of their name, but I don't; does that mean anything? Also are there cross-platform leaderboards? I was told there were but I'm not seeing that in-game, but I also don't think any of my friends are home yet lol. Within the Ubisoft Club menu there's the Stats and Leaderboards section but right now it says they're not available for this game?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing for a bit, I skipped Fusion so haven't played a Trials game since Evolution and god I missed this.

I haven't played an Ubisoft game in a while, but in-game when I got to the Ubisoft club thing I'm already signed into my Ubi account (and I bought the Ubi Trials sponsor and the 10 coin sticker pack), but in-game all of the ghosts/leaderboards people have the little Ubisoft logo thing to the left of their name, but I don't; does that mean anything? Also are there cross-platform leaderboards? I was told there were but I'm not seeing that in-game, but I also don't think any of my friends are home yet lol. Within the Ubisoft Club menu there's the Stats and Leaderboards section but right now it says they're not available for this game?
The ubi logo actually means it's a cross platform player. To answer both questions.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
playing offline on PS4 Pro, I'm getting less hitching/stuttering.

fucking ridiculous, but I'm just unlocking tracks so I don't care about the times yet.

Amazing that the issues since the closed beta in September were not fixed. I actually think it's worse now :(

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
wow its a very different experience once you turn off the butt rock music

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I played the beta on all 3 console platforms. I found the X1X had the most consistent performance without any stuttering.

I'd place the Switch version in 2nd place despite the lower frame rate and visual sacrifice. It was a blast to play and having it in handheld mode was incredible. I know a number of folks have issue with the pressure sensitive gas, but I found that the analog stick worked great for that and I personally had no trouble at all adjusting to it. In fact I found it surprisingly intuitive as I thought it would be weird.

I'd place the PS4 in last place only because it exhibited alot of stuttering that kinda messed me up a couple of times. I found it more intrusive than the Switch frame rate reduction. However with that said, it is something that can easily be fixed Id imagine and it may already be fixed in the final release as my experience was based on the beta.

In the end I digitally purchased the X1X version and am actually going to pick up a physical Switch copy for an on the go version.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I'd place the PS4 in last place only because it exhibited alot of stuttering that kinda messed me up a couple of times. I found it more intrusive than the Switch frame rate reduction. However with that said, it is something that can easily be fixed Id imagine and it may already be fixed in the final release as my experience was based on the beta.

not fixed on the Pro, still there. on some tracks it is really bad. the game seems unoptimized on Pro, hopefully they will look into it...seems like it has to do with the physics engine, sometimes there is glass or wood breaking which leads to those short freezes.

Oct 27, 2017
Loving it so far. Playing on PS4 Pro and I've only had a couple instances of stuttering. Nothing game breaking for me.
Same. And it's always when a sound asset is being loaded. If I replay the section, it doesn't stutter. Not seeing any performance issues during races outside of those rare occurrences. On Switch in docked mode I was seeing a terrible framerate. At least that's what I thought it was, but according to DF what I was seeing was frame skipping (ala Bloodborne).

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
So is it worth buying the gold edition? Haven't been keeping track of this. I'm a big trials fan if it matters.

Oct 27, 2017
So is it worth buying the gold edition? Haven't been keeping track of this. I'm a big trials fan if it matters.
The gold version is just saving you about 5 dollars in the future if you decide you want the 55 downloadable tracks. If the included tracks are any indicator, I definitely want the downloadable tracks. Redlynx is at the top of their game with these designs.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
base game is $25. gold is $40.
Expansion pass is $20, so buy the gold to save $5.
There will be 55+ tracks in the expansion pass from what they've advertised.