• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quote from my wording, which bit you are referring to. Because you are using an imprecise wording that covers both sorts of thing that are available from the stadiums, *one* of which is required to progress. Edit: Or you are just restating what I already said?

Beating the three individual races is required to progress. That I've done (otherwise I wouldn't have the Extreme tracks unlocked). Beating all the 3-heat back-to-back finals is required to unlock the Grand Finale. That I cannot do. All the previous ones I did in one or two tries, but this last one is fucked.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Beating the three individual races is required to progress. That I've done (otherwise I wouldn't have the Extreme tracks unlocked). Beating all the 3-heat back-to-back finals is required to unlock the Grand Finale. That I cannot do. All the previous ones I did in one or two tries, but this last one is fucked.
I thought the Extreme tracks are unlocked by your XP level, iirc 88. I thought you could avoid every event in all the Stadiums completely and the only thing you wouldn't unlock would be the bonus Hard track.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Extreme tracks are unlocked by your XP level, iirc 88. I thought you could avoid every event in all the Stadiums completely and the only thing you wouldn't unlock would be the bonus Hard track.

I believe you have to beat the finals (not including the FINAL final) of each one. Only then does the next pack of levels unlock. Your level decides when the stadium finals themselves unlock.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018

Didn't we already go over this, or am I having the same conversation with two different people?!

(Checks back in the thread)

Holy crap, I *am* having the same conversation with two different people. That's wild. You and I agree on the nature of the stadium events. I was somehow globbing you and JosephMichael into one, single, brain-twisting entity.

Edit: And yes. The extremes don't become available at L88. The stadium event becomes available. You *have* to beat the three races therein, in order to get the extremes (but tournament that opens up thereafter is a different thing, as RoadHazrd says).

Edit: Suffice to say, in addition to being poorly balanced, the progression in the game is just flat-out confusing at times.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Didn't we already go over this, or am I having the same conversation with two different people?!

(Checks back in the thread)

Holy crap, I *am* having the same conversation with two different people. That's wild. You and I agree on the nature of the stadium events. I was somehow globbing you and JosephMichael into one, single, brain-twisting entity.

Edit: And yes. The extremes don't become available at L88. The stadium event becomes available. You *have* to beat the three races therein, in order to get the extremes (but tournament that opens up thereafter is a different thing, as RoadHazrd says).

Edit: Suffice to say, in addition to being poorly balanced, the progression in the game is just flat-out confusing at times.
Oh I see. So you need to beat the first 3 events in 1 of the Stadiums to unlock Extreme tracks (which Stadium was that btw?), and you need to beat the Finals of all 9 for the bonus Hard track.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Oh I see. So you need to beat the first 3 events in 1 of the Stadiums to unlock Extreme tracks (which Stadium was that btw?), and you need to beat the Finals of all 9 for the bonus Hard track.

Correct. Alas, right now I can't recall *for sure* which stadium was the one that you use to get the extreme tracks; didn't really pay that close attention to the names. "Trials Trophy" perhaps?

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

bjamin88

Alt account
Banned
Jul 29, 2018
This game is fun to play but the progression system has stopped me from playing. I just want to play the normal tracks and test myself like the old games, not grind/complete contracts and play these stadium games!!

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully some of you are getting some good fixes out of the patch, it's not addressed anything I couldn't work around already for me. I was hoping the the run ruining hitches related to server checks on PS4 would be fixed, but no. :-/. Would love a bit more communication from RedLynx on what is being worked on and when we will see some more updates.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the patch out on PC? I didn't see uPlay download anything, maybe I missed it. How do I check my game version?

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
The game is great, love all the customization. Tracks are well done and I even like that a lot of the tracks at the start are rather easy.

Performance is weird though. I have a beefy PC and easily run it at 60+fps. But those random drops are a bit distracting, even if they don't occur during normal gameplay that much.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Ooh, good stuff. Trials has a pretty good track record of getting excellent post-release content. Anyone know *when* today the seasonal MP stuff is due to land?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, for sure. Many Plats left to get (Diamond generally feels out of reach for me).
Diamonds are really hard for the most part, just a couple that are "easier". Trying to get the Diamond on Sewer Rat right now. I hadn't played it since I got Plat on it and this morning I took my time from 1:01 to 44s on it. Need to beat like 41.7 for diamond so it feels within reach.

Nov 13, 2017

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Thats coming in quick.

Anyone else has Challenges totally bugged? I received one very early on in an easy track but every time I try to do it, it gives me some roach error about server connection even though, I can log in just fine in everything else in the game.

Yeah, challenges have *never* worked for me, not even once.

Edit: THE SEASON HAS LANDED!

Last edited:

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I'm only lvl 52 and was pretty confused about what to do next. I wasn't unlocking any new tracks after finishing the last stadium (last for me). I guess I need to start doing contracts.
Does anyone actually have a written down unlock list for what unlocks and when?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Yeah, challenges have *never* worked for me, not even once.

Edit: THE SEASON HAS LANDED!

How does this work? Will I hit the top if I play five amazing rounds or can I do it playing 1,000,000 rounds or what? Basically, is this seasons thing just a stupid grind which is only going to reward players who can put in ten hours a day?

(I realise it might be too early for this question!)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm only lvl 52 and was pretty confused about what to do next. I wasn't unlocking any new tracks after finishing the last stadium (last for me). I guess I need to start doing contracts.
Does anyone actually have a written down unlock list for what unlocks and when?
Buy the Donkey and Helium (for the sponsors, and the gameplay variety), do some contracts. The Hards start unlocking at 59 iirc. At 88 you should get the Stadium for Pro Tour A, and when you beat that you'll have the Extremes. Be sure to check the University and the Skill Games for some easy XP in each event, or additional easy contracts. Depending which contracts you're doing, you can gain a level in 10 minutes.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
How does this work? Will I hit the top if I play five amazing rounds or can I do it playing 1,000,000 rounds or what? Basically, is this seasons thing just a stupid grind which is only going to reward players who can put in ten hours a day?

(I realise it might be too early for this question!)

It *absolutely* uses a performance based rating, presumably similar to the ELO-style thing that Fusion did. I say that as someone who just came second overall in a 3-heat race, but *lost* rating-points because my performance was less that what it should have been, relative to those I was racing against.

So, not a mere grand-a-thon. You gotta *perform* to expectations.

Edit: *ugh* And it dropped me 70 places in the MP leaderboard!

Edit: Ooooh! Crates seem to be working again. I wonder if they'll get round to retro-actively giving me the (at least) 25 crates I missed out on due to the defect ;-)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Edit: Ooooh! Crates seem to be working again. I wonder if they'll get round to retro-actively giving me the (at least) 25 crates I missed out on due to the defect ;-)
Interesting. I seriously doubt they'll retroactively award crates missed. For one thing, they may not be certain how many crates individual players missed. They could surely do a generic, "Sorry, here's 10 or 20." If they're working again, I can get back to doing some more contracts.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Interesting. I seriously doubt they'll retroactively award crates missed. For one thing, they may not be certain how many crates individual players missed. They could surely do a generic, "Sorry, here's 10 or 20." If they're working again, I can get back to doing some more contracts.

At the least I can state definitively they are working for me. I was trying out the new MP, and levelled up a few times, and got 6 crates. My first crates since hitting L80-or-so.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is the entire mechanic supposed to be behind these "Drive on One Wheel" contracts? Am I literally supposed to just drive doing a wheelie the entire time? I'm driving, doing wheelies, then the tire falls off randomly. There's no rhyme or reason to it and the meter on the right makes no sense either. Like they could have at least explained this a bit.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What the fuck is the entire mechanic supposed to be behind these "Drive on One Wheel" contracts? Am I literally supposed to just drive doing a wheelie the entire time? I'm driving, doing wheelies, then the tire falls off randomly. There's no rhyme or reason to it and the meter on the right makes no sense either. Like they could have at least explained this a bit.
The meter is highly confusing because it's the exact same vertical meter and color of the "on fire" meter, but it's reversed. With "on fire" empty = good and full = dead, or is it the other way around, and "one wheel" is the opposite. Basically, if you drive for some amount of time or distance without the front wheel leaving the ground, boom. You don't need to do a continuous wheelie, but you may need to wheelie part of a long ramp, or wheelie a bit after using the front wheel for a bit and the bar is almost full (or empty, you know what I mean). Test it at the start of a race to see what I mean.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this game is so much fun in multiplayer! They've added hard tracks too which is nice. Can see myself playing a lot of this.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
magimix I can confirm I got a lootbox at the next level.

What is this Season stuff? I booted (PC), got a splash screen about it, next time I booted I saw nothing and see nothing new to do.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
I haven't touched that at all, so I won't see the differences :-) I guess it's play some unspecified amount or some other metric and receive a new outfit or more at the end?

So I raced a load of unranked MP, so I don't know if that fed into anything about the new MP. E.g. the splash screen implied you need to do three 3-heat races to get your first placement, whereas I just raced one race, placed, and started getting rank-score adjistments. I'm 'gold' rated, and have (or will, if I hold my rating) unlocked three costume pieces (be still, my heart). I will say that the ranked MP seems to pay out a lot of XP.

Edit: Huh. So while on the XBOX, I got six crates from racing XP and levelling up a bit, on Switch I'm still not getting crates (grinding out stadium finals, rather than MP).

Last edited:

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam has Trials Evo on sale for the next few days, $6.79. Same for Trials of the Blood Dragon, $3,74.

UPlay has it on sale too, plus 20% off if you got some of those stupid UCoins or whatever. Is this worth revisiting with all the DLC? I bought Fusion on PS4 when it launched but can't remember shit about it, looks like now there's 7 additional DLCs so for 10 bucks is it worth going back to?

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
Silver on White Belt, the grind continues.

Tried to hop on multiplayer for the first time... the PS4 Pro hitching makes it nearly impossible. After it hitches it then SPEEDS UP to make up for the hitching (you basically don't have any control at that point)

That's way harder to deal with than a Ninja Track =(

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
UPlay has it on sale too, plus 20% off if you got some of those stupid UCoins or whatever. Is this worth revisiting with all the DLC? I bought Fusion on PS4 when it launched but can't remember shit about it, looks like now there's 7 additional DLCs so for 10 bucks is it worth going back to?
I have tons of Uplay coins but they only let you get a 20% off coupon one time in the US, and it apparently doesn't stack with a sale price. Elsewhere, less restrictions.

Fusion dlc is great. That's 6 good dlc's with a good range of tracks. The final dlc had some RL tracks and some user tracks, plus it added some MTX and a silly story. I wouldn't recommend that one but if you're getting the entire package then it's included anyway.

Allforce One more thing, the season pass is for the first 6 dlc's only, not the final one Awesome Max.

Does Uplay not sell Trials Evolution? Strange that Steam has is and I can't find it on Uplay.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
"By competing in online multiplayer races, players will climb through the ranks, and with each new division they reach, a new part of the five-piece Golden Cowboy Outfit will be theirs."

Doesn't this mean only a handful of players will get the full outfit? That's not a compelling reward for 99.9% of players. I tried a few games earlier. In one game I was 4th I think and dropped 42 points, next game came 2nd and rose 10 points. I can already tell I won't come close to the Platinum or Diamond ranks.

trials_1_345933.jpg

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...-Starts-Today-Details-on-New-Content-Revealed

Last edited:

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
I'm about to spend a week in a location without internet.
Will I be able to play Trials Rising offline on my Xbox One? Also, is there shared screen local multiplayer + would I be able to play this offline if so?

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to spend a week in a location without internet.
Will I be able to play Trials Rising offline on my Xbox One? Also, is there shared screen local multiplayer + would I be able to play this offline if so?
Playing offline should be fine. Your times won't be uploaded to any leaderboards of course, even when you reconnect.

Shared screen multiplayer exists but I haven't tried... Apparently there's only a couple of tracks available? There is also the tandem bike, which again I haven't tried but looks quite fun.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
finally beat Trials Trophy at 2:38

sadly the race was so close I didn't have a chance to pause and turn the internet back on, so it's not on the leaderboards =(

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
So they did a Q&A stream. Next patch is going to be within the next two weeks and one of the things it's going to address is progression speed.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I'm bored of the season-based MP already. Not sure if there's something I have to do (a setting somewhere, levelling up?) but it's just Easy tracks over and over and over again and I don't find them interesting at all. I've not so much as been given a choice to play a medium track, even.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm bored of the season-based MP already. Not sure if there's something I have to do (a setting somewhere, levelling up?) but it's just Easy tracks over and over and over again and I don't find them interesting at all. I've not so much as been given a choice to play a medium track, even.
Are you Bronze/Silver/Gold/what? I wonder if it matches players of similar level, and if the overall level of the group in the match dictates the tracks offered. When I first played I saw Hard tracks, and since then have seen some Mediums, and I'm high Silver level.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So they did a Q&A stream. Next patch is going to be within the next two weeks and one of the things it's going to address is progression speed.
They should never have had XP. All of the major complaints (which imo were over-stated but anyway...) have come from that single poor choice. Here is what would/should have happened without XP:

- No XP means no leveling up, means tracks not gated by levels but instead gated by medals or overall score, like previous games. Veterans would unlock later tracks faster than newcomers.
- No leveling up means no lootboxes. Adjust the economy accordingly to give players more gold for higher medals and other things, and have all items in the Store for direct purchase. There's a ton of content in the game, no need to lock off stickers or cosmetics randomly and they opened the door for lootbox haters to review bomb the game.
- All of the contracts would then be 100% optional, instead of mostly optional.

Last edited: