• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
NOOOoooooooo! It seems I've finally been struck by the bug that sees all your bike and rider customisation go away :-(

This happened to me twice but only with some basic clothes for the rider. Now he's wearing the default costume until the issue is fixed, hopefully in tomorrow's patch.

Any info on the first expansion coming next week?

Last edited:

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Green belt is torturous. I've faulted out countless times on ninjas in the past and never got annoyed. Almost every checkpoint on this track either feels lucky or is just plain awful. Finally got a good 15-20 minutes on CP9 on the one real run I put together tonight...the set-up has to be nearly perfect, and then after you do that, you have to nail a lucky bounce. And to top that off, there's the sly step up afterwards. It's terrible. Does the ninja community really still think this is a level 2?

Probably gonna just bow out of this one until way down the line if I don't get it by the time the dlc drops.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
NOOOoooooooo! It seems I've finally been struck by the bug that sees all your bike and rider customisation go away :-(
Specifically, all customisations that I *purchased* using my cogs and acorns. I don't know if its cool to turn the air blue, so lets just say it *flipping* sucks. *sigh*

But what really, *really* sucks is that the customisations I'd purchased were legit awesome. People have done *great* work creating skins and whatnot. I had skins for all parts of all bikes. I had skins for *almost* all rider components. Now busted :-/

My bikes used to look so cool. My rider used to look so cool.

Now? Nothing *accerorises*. First world problems? Don't even get me started!
Not sure if it's the same bug I got hit by, but this might be worth a shot. I forget the trick exactly but I think if you un equip everything (I think I just hit randomize), close the game and start up again, the customizations are still there...but you gotta re equip everything.

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
green belt is certainly not a lvl2. where did you get that from?

I saw a bunch of people saying stuff along the lines of "green belt is a level 2 the mantis just sucks" when rising first dropped. I'm sure they've gotten over that by now though. I agree it's definitely not a 2 lol. It's a high 3 at least. Possibly a 4, but I don't want to give it that just because the CPs are inconsistent.

Mar 14, 2019
Green belt is the second ninja track right?

4th

its
white
yellow
orange
green
blue
black

I saw a bunch of people saying stuff along the lines of "green belt is a level 2 the mantis just sucks" when rising first dropped. I'm sure they've gotten over that by now though. I agree it's definitely not a 2 lol. It's a high 3 at least. Possibly a 4, but I don't want to give it that just because the CPs are inconsistent.

well thats not too wrong though

with the pit viper / Fusion physics it would certainly be easier.

the mantis' fat ass makes bounces much more inconsitent and fapping less effective.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
installed the patch, STILL stuttering/hitching on PS4 Pro. (also still missing preorder costumes)

rebuilt database, restored licenses, reinstalled game. STILL stuttering/hitching on PS4 Pro.

bravo RedLynx

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
installed the patch, STILL stuttering/hitching on PS4 Pro. (also still missing preorder costumes)

rebuilt database, restored licenses, reinstalled game. STILL stuttering/hitching on PS4 Pro.

bravo RedLynx

Wow. Apparently they still haven't fixed the disappearing lootboxes either.

Ohwow.jpg

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Not sure if it's the same bug I got hit by, but this might be worth a shot. I forget the trick exactly but I think if you un equip everything (I think I just hit randomize), close the game and start up again, the customizations are still there...but you gotta re equip everything.

You had it down, japtor. The stuff was there in my inventory, after a restart, and I was able to re-equip everything.

So... Anyone found easter treats in the game yet?

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the squirrel collecting today with the diamond squirrel. So annoying, so many faults...the 15 minute warning came up and I'm like, if I really time out trying to get this then I'm not sure I will try again. lol

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Man, what a disappointing patch... nothing I care about (no loot crates anymore for me since level 100 or so and we are currently at 200, the hitching on PS4 Pro, alternative menu to map) got fixed, but instead replays are now broken... Still love the game but it seems RedLynx has some problems with their engine, maybe it has grown too complex.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
My Trials Rising "skills" are so odd sometimes. I'm funning around with a gimmick at the moment, going through all tracks using only the Squid (where the bike is available). I've done it with the Donkey and the Helium already, for example. I'm early on, so just warming up, as it were, going through the easy tracks (I like to spend time with all the tracks, even though the point of something like this won't kick in until the higher tiers).

I just did Canyon Crash, smashed my PB, and got the plat. What the *hell* have I been going on that track with the Rhino that means I didn't already have the plat?!

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
You know what? Gimmick runs are fun and all, but I'm *especially* glad I've been getting my Squid on (ooer, missus, etc.). Its highlighted a number of bad habits[1] I've been falling pray to when using the Rhino, and also that I don't pay enough attention to potential time-savers on sub-Hard tracks.

[1] The big one being that I don't exploit coasting enough on bikes that have a higher driven speed.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
last few days i have managed to clear all the stadium finals and clear the grand finale.
Got gold on all extremes and finished the 1st ninja (This is a big achievement for me as i was always able to do at least 1 or 2 extremes but never finished all of them, so to get gold is huge)
got all the squirrels

Now working on the legendary rider outfit

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Last week's patch lowered the difficulty of the stadium finals, just did the last two on the first try. Actually i think it was too easy for my taste.

Edit: And final track done :)

Last edited:

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
You know what? Gimmick runs are fun and all, but I'm *especially* glad I've been getting my Squid on (ooer, missus, etc.). Its highlighted a number of bad habits[1] I've been falling pray to when using the Rhino, and also that I don't pay enough attention to potential time-savers on sub-Hard tracks.

[1] The big one being that I don't exploit coasting enough on bikes that have a higher driven speed.
One thing I've wanted since HD when I decided to do Donkey runs is separate times saved for each bike, to encourage people to try everything, and to see how other people do on them. Just have the overall best time for the main leaderboards, but also a filter by bike to show those best times.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
One thing I've wanted since HD when I decided to do Donkey runs is separate times saved for each bike, to encourage people to try everything, and to see how other people do on them. Just have the overall best time for the main leaderboards, but also a filter by bike to show those best times.

Yeah, that'd be nice. In previous games, I'd sometimes create a non-Gold local profile so I could keep track of things more easily. But that was also in the era of being able to unlock tracks just by going gold to gold to gold. Last time I did a "fresh profile run" in Fusion, it took about three hours to gold everything, including all DLC tracks. Compare with the many more hours necessary to go freshly unlock tracks in Rising. That said... *That* was something targeted in a recent patch, was it not? I might have to check that out.

Edit: Some of my disposable profiles would have names that, in hindsight, weren't so great. I fondly remember 'MicroDonkeyDude'. Made sense at the time, less so on the re-read. That pesky English emphasis of the first syllable.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Last week's patch lowered the difficulty of the stadium finals, just did the last two on the first try. Actually i think it was too easy for my taste.

Edit: And final track done :)
Wow, you weren't kidding. I'd only previously cleared one, and just now, after not touching the game for a couple of weeks, I beat every other final on the first attempt. Got the achievement for coming first in all three races on the first final, and repeated that on all but one of the others. Top Canine, what happened to you, man?

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
It feels like when you plot to murder your powerful nemesis who burned your village, but when you catch up with him he's dying of cancer and you smother him with a pillow while he feebly claws at you. Like, I got what I wanted, but...

edit: Grand Finale track is fucking wicked so I'm pretty happy!

That is one *heck* of an analogy! And yes, Grand Finale is a fun track. A nice smörgåsbord of elements from across the 'tour'. (Why *did* they go from Trials World Tour to Trials Rising anyway?) I hope they get on top of things, in terms of the patches and updates. For my part, at least, I'm in a good place with the game. Occasional, drunken multiplayer, lots of keeping up with Track Central creations, and still plenty of 'headroom' for getting more PBs and plats.

Playing mainly on the XONEX, I have a fairly issue-free time of things (basically single-player crates, and that recent concern over losing custom cosmetics). Don't get me wrong here; I in no way diminish the many issues this game unambiguously has for tons of people. Were PS4 still my primary platform, for example, it sounds like I'd have a very different sense of how I'm getting on with things! But Rising is scratching my Trials itch, for all its structural and UX faults.

I can understand trying to move towards the GaaS thing (Ubisoft owned, after all), but all the technical issues? Churn leading to loss of institutional knowledger? Problematic project management? Unanticipated technical quagmires? Alas, probably too niche of a title to get the Jason Schreier treatment.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I assume the Route 66 pack isn't actually out yet? It's right there on my map, lets me click it, tells me how to unlock it, but just forwards to a purchase screen (I already have the expansion) instead of any actual content. What a weird thing to put onto the map when it's not even available yet.

Also it looks like it's going to just segregate the tracks off instead of putting them on the main map, which is another weird decision when they obviously wanted to go with this map idea. I'd assumed the DLC would just add a load of tracks to the Southern Hemisphere* since it's basically totally blank but, I guess, no?

(*by which I mean the outer rim of the Flat Earth, obviously)

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I assume the Route 66 pack isn't actually out yet? It's right there on my map, lets me click it, tells me how to unlock it, but just forwards to a purchase screen (I already have the expansion) instead of any actual content. What a weird thing to put onto the map when it's not even available yet.

Also it looks like it's going to just segregate the tracks off instead of putting them on the main map, which is another weird decision when they obviously wanted to go with this map idea. I'd assumed the DLC would just add a load of tracks to the Southern Hemisphere* since it's basically totally blank but, I guess, no?

I assumed the opposite: when the DLC is unlocked the icon disappears the tracks scatter over the map, the same way they did during the main campaign.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
I want to be the annoying fence-sitter that opines that it could go either way! mmmm, feel the chaos. Will it be like the non-Ninja stadiums (where the tracks appear in the wider world) or will it be more like the Ninja-track set (where they exist in the single location only)? The fence-sitter has spoken. The answer to the question is, 'yes'.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I want to be the annoying fence-sitter that opines that it could go either way! mmmm, feel the chaos. Will it be like the non-Ninja stadiums (where the tracks appear in the wider world) or will it be more like the Ninja-track set (where they exist in the single location only)? The fence-sitter has spoken. The answer to the question is, 'yes'.
Well yes, maybe they'll just use a five-mile stretch of Route 66 and so they'll have to stack the icons.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That is one *heck* of an analogy! And yes, Grand Finale is a fun track. A nice smörgåsbord of elements from across the 'tour'. (Why *did* they go from Trials World Tour to Trials Rising anyway?) I hope they get on top of things, in terms of the patches and updates. For my part, at least, I'm in a good place with the game. Occasional, drunken multiplayer, lots of keeping up with Track Central creations, and still plenty of 'headroom' for getting more PBs and plats.

Playing mainly on the XONEX, I have a fairly issue-free time of things (basically single-player crates, and that recent concern over losing custom cosmetics). Don't get me wrong here; I in no way diminish the many issues this game unambiguously has for tons of people. Were PS4 still my primary platform, for example, it sounds like I'd have a very different sense of how I'm getting on with things! But Rising is scratching my Trials itch, for all its structural and UX faults.

I can understand trying to move towards the GaaS thing (Ubisoft owned, after all), but all the technical issues? Churn leading to loss of institutional knowledger? Problematic project management? Unanticipated technical quagmires? Alas, probably too niche of a title to get the Jason Schreier treatment.
My guess is RL has been responsible for the core gameplay and track design, and Kiev for everything around that.

If so, RL did a great job with the content and gameplay, but screwed up with the performance issues such as stuttering, and Switch's graphics downgrade being rather severe. I assume they're responsible for the Track Central terrible UI also, and I gather creators have their own complaints too. The MP has some poor choices, such as choosing the playlist based on the worst ranked player instead of closer to a midpoint of the lobby's skill levels, and dangling a full suit reward which probably nobody will get.

This would mean Kiev is responsible for the progression mess, the broken lootboxes which are still broken even after reducing timed content which relies on them working, the pin cushion map, and the botched patches including last weeks which sort of made it look like the DLC was out, leading to some Gold Edition buyers being confused enough to purchase the DLC separately. Everything there has seemed like Amateur Hour.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
My guess is RL has been responsible for the core gameplay and track design, and Kiev for everything around that.

If so, RL did a great job with the content and gameplay, but screwed up with the performance issues such as stuttering, and Switch's graphics downgrade being rather severe. I assume they're responsible for the Track Central terrible UI also, and I gather creators have their own complaints too. The MP has some poor choices, such as choosing the playlist based on the worst ranked player instead of closer to a midpoint of the lobby's skill levels, and dangling a full suit reward which probably nobody will get.

This would mean Kiev is responsible for the progression mess, the broken lootboxes which are still broken even after reducing timed content which relies on them working, the pin cushion map, and the botched patches including last weeks which sort of made it look like the DLC was out, leading to some Gold Edition buyers being confused enough to purchase the DLC separately. Everything there has seemed like Amateur Hour.

An interesting split. Even through all my prior griping, I'm pretty sure that I've been solid on the matter that Rising's track design is ON POINT. But it'd be wierd (or at the least, it'd seem wierd to me) for the original studio to have hooks solely into, essentially, level design. But nothing about that is a meanginful counter argument.

In other news, my Squid run continues. I've had a pop at all tracks up to, and including, all hard tracks. There has been one track I broke on, and have not yet finished. "Liberty Station." I bashed myself against it for a while, but I just *could not* clear the second railtrack.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
An interesting split. Even through all my prior griping, I'm pretty sure that I've been solid on the matter that Rising's track design is ON POINT. But it'd be wierd (or at the least, it'd seem wierd to me) for the original studio to have hooks solely into, essentially, level design. But nothing about that is a meanginful counter argument.

In other news, my Squid run continues. I've had a pop at all tracks up to, and including, all hard tracks. There has been one track I broke on, and have not yet finished. "Liberty Station." I bashed myself against it for a while, but I just *could not* clear the second railtrack.
I don't know where the main project management is focused. Recent patches would suggest nowhere... It seems a reasonable split of responsibility though. Also that would mean Kiev responsible for all the outfits, customization, economy, etc. as well as the ongoing failure to remember which outfits people equipped. Basically IMO, RL = core gameplay/physics, track design, MP, Track Central, Kiev = progression, map, outfits, lootboxes, etc.

Not quite the Squid, but FatShady did Inferno V on the Rhino yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBcBjzTbMnM

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
So frustrating that it keeps swapping my clothes everytime I login.

Got my legendary rider t-shirt and would like to wear it

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Wow, you weren't kidding. I'd only previously cleared one, and just now, after not touching the game for a couple of weeks, I beat every other final on the first attempt. Got the achievement for coming first in all three races on the first final, and repeated that on all but one of the others. Top Canine, what happened to you, man?

Hope they make the supercross tracks at least available for multiplayer matches like in Evolution eventually.

The last track is great, i really like it. Combines stuff from all the previous tracks in a big one.

Should be available now for those on CET, it's already showing on the web pages

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/p/trials-rising-sixty-six/bs0pcsb58dnn?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://store.playstation.com/es-es/product/EP0001-CUSA09435_00-ROUTE66000000000

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I like those No Lean contracts, but damn that first stadium track in Montreal was tough! You get 4 faults total, and as mentioned no lean allowed. I lost count how many tries that took to finish. It was still fun though. Had to use the Mantis. Usually I prefer the Rhino for those challenges, but some tracks that just doesn't work.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Has anyone tried Urban Trial Playground? I think it came out a week or two ago, and is currently discounted for launch on Steam at $6.99. Also available on Switch. Reviews seem a bit mixed though, with some citing physics not being great.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The world map was a mess before and it's even worse now with the new tracks of Sixty Six across North America on top of the base tracks lol

It's a sight to behold.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat Inferno V and I'm getting an error connecting to Ubisoft servers ROACH 0012006. Please tell me the game is going to remember that I beat this track? :(

Edit - of course not. I'm completely gutted. It is like it didn't even happen.

Last edited: