• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Does dlc auto download if you have the season pass? Trying to figure out if I can just go to sleep and it will download when it can.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I finally beat Inferno V and I'm getting an error connecting to Ubisoft servers ROACH 0012006. Please tell me the game is going to remember that I beat this track? :(

Edit - of course not. I'm completely gutted. It is like it didn't even happen.
I assume that's the same error the game gives whenever the total time spent on the event is about 20-30 minutes. Then when you click yes to re-connect, it never does. They've had this bug in their engine since Fusion 5 years ago, and it's on multiple platforms. I don't think they care enough to fix it. I suppose their advice is "git gud", so you can be fast enough to not get the error message.

Mullet2000 Thanks, yeah I was already inclined to pass.

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Got to CP11 of Green belt tonight. Only had about 3 minutes at that point, but that CP is a bit harder than it looks. Mainly the initial ramp transition into a jump up needs a bit more height than you'd think. I figured out a great trick to set up the CP9 bounce more consistently, so if I get there a couple more times I should get the clear.

Just waiting on Route 66 to drop for now though.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
I had to manage game on Xbox and install the 10mb for route 66 before it unlocked.

On another note, got all the legendary rider outfit. Hopefully don't have to do corky on the squid ever again.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
On PSN it's just an unlock file, the dlc is already in the game. Xbox should be the same thing. Unlocked the content via the world map.
It's so weird it's telling me I need to finish the asian novice class to unlock it. I tried a random track and then went and got first in the stadium final to test if that would unlock, but nothing. Tried restarting the console/game too.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried Urban Trial Playground? I think it came out a week or two ago, and is currently discounted for launch on Steam at $6.99. Also available on Switch. Reviews seem a bit mixed though, with some citing physics not being great.
Urban Trial Playground is a really poor Trials clone (played phone version). Don't bother with it, if you want more Trials you can get Trials Fusion for similar price and enjoy actual Trials with mapless progression and all that.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
It's so weird it's telling me I need to finish the asian novice class to unlock it. I tried a random track and then went and got first in the stadium final to test if that would unlock, but nothing. Tried restarting the console/game too.

But did you add the free content to your account? Should show up as free in the store, either xbl or psn.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
The tracks are good but it's a jumbled mess.
You have to filter for the route 66 league which gives you some medium tracks and a stadium. Then it unlocks some hard tracks and another stadium.

After that nothing happens. I had to remove the filter to then see the extremes.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's cheaper to buy the expansions individually if I'm not interested in the cosmetic items, right?
Is it?

Gold Edition $40
Game $25
Expansion Pass $20
Route 66 $8

Have they announced the price for the next expansion? They've never had a Trials dlc more than $10 so it's probably cheaper to buy the expansions separately and miss out on the cosmetics, but it's not guaranteed. The cheapest option looks like the Gold Edition, though without a time machine that probably wouldn't help you.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Is it?

Gold Edition $40
Game $25
Expansion Pass $20
Route 66 $8

Have they announced the price for the next expansion? They've never had a Trials dlc more than $10 so it's probably cheaper to buy the expansions separately and miss out on the cosmetics, but it's not guaranteed. The cheapest option looks like the Gold Edition, though without a time machine that probably wouldn't help you.
Yeah it's barely worth the cost of developing a time machine to get that that saving.

For me it's £15.99 for the pass and £6.49 for Route 66. I'm expecting both expansions to cost the same, but as you say it might not work out that way.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Well, for my part, I'm very much enjoying the new tracks. For sure, I'm not *all* the way through them. Currently I'm in the second tier of tracks - which are hard ones to boot! So at the least, this ramped up nice and quick. Also my furst chance to see what the stadium races are like since the patch. Yeah, Top Canine ain't the rider they used to be, that's for sure!

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
loving the new DLC tracks, game still runs like shit on a PS4 Pro.

guess the wait till patch #3 is on.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
*phew* The second extreme track, "Warehouse HD" is no joke. 37 faults on the first run. And as a track, it is a very nice one for long-time franchise fans, as it is made up of call-backs to obstacles from Trials HD (and Evo, I'm pretty sure) extremes, but given the 'Inferno treatment' (that is to say, they've all been amped up).

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
Anyone else finding the route 66 icon on the map asks you to purchase it, yet when you click on it, it takes you to the PS4 store page where it says purchased.
Would appear that I'm locked out of it despite getting the gold edition.

Weirdly it unlocked the first stage of the Canadian stadium which I hadn't unlocked normally as I'm only lvl 55, but after beating that I didn't get any more unlocked.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
*phew* The second extreme track, "Warehouse HD" is no joke. 37 faults on the first run. And as a track, it is a very nice one for long-time franchise fans, as it is made up of call-backs to obstacles from Trials HD (and Evo, I'm pretty sure) extremes, but given the 'Inferno treatment' (that is to say, they've all been amped up).

There seems to be bits from way of the ninja the evo track.

Also the across the canyon track reminds me of evo.

The track design is really good for a DLC and managed a few plats on the mediums. Not a big fan of the new skill games though.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else finding the route 66 icon on the map asks you to purchase it, yet when you click on it, it takes you to the PS4 store page where it says purchased.

Weirdly it unlocked the first stage of the Canadian stadium which I hadn't unlocked normally as I'm only lvl 55, but after beating that I didn't get any more unlocked.
I had to search in the regular store for "Trials Rising Route 66" and add that, I too had the gold edition already.

I like how the tracks they added are just medium+ and the two extreme tracks are quite nice.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
There seems to be bits from way of the ninja the evo track.

Also the across the canyon track reminds me of evo.

The track design is really good for a DLC and managed a few plats on the mediums. Not a big fan of the new skill games though.

Oh snap, it added skill games too? I didn't realise. And that, I think illustrates part of the issue with how content is exposed in Rising. There isn't any filter you can apply that just show everything new in the DLC. You got to filter by one of two stadiums (and you can't do both at the same time), filter by extremes, and I guess also dive into the skill-game place.

My normal griping aside, I look forward to improving my PBs on the extremes, and I'm pretty sure one of the hard tracks I've not zero-faulted.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap, it added skill games too? I didn't realise. And that, I think illustrates part of the issue with how content is exposed in Rising. There isn't any filter you can apply that just show everything new in the DLC. You got to filter by one of two stadiums (and you can't do both at the same time), filter by extremes, and I guess also dive into the skill-game place.

My normal griping aside, I look forward to improving my PBs on the extremes, and I'm pretty sure one of the hard tracks I've not zero-faulted.
They added the classic "ride on top of a rolling ball skill game" which is neat, and another new thing.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I've forgotten the name of the track (will edit in later), it's in the first league, at CP9 the big road bridge you cross has raised at each end so there's one big jump in the middle of it. There's a Contract to beat it with the Helium, and I cannot get close to the ledge from the start of CP9. Anyone had success with that?

OP
OP

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017

As others have mentioned the icon in the game for some reason takes you to the Expansion Pass part of the store, you actually have to go to the storefront, search for the specific expansion by name, and when you click on it there should just be an option to install it. So weird.

Still see they haven't fixed the hitching, and my loot boxes are back to disappearing after being fixed previously. Also holy crap the expansion content on top of everything else turns the North American portion of the map into a visual mess.

But the tracks are still great though wow the Extreme tracks are probably harder than anything non-ninja.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I've forgotten the name of the track (will edit in later), it's in the first league, at CP9 the big road bridge you cross has raised at each end so there's one big jump in the middle of it. There's a Contract to beat it with the Helium, and I cannot get close to the ledge from the start of CP9. Anyone had success with that?
Is it the balloon track? If so you should freewheel downhill instead of pedalling.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Maybe you have no option but to go through the building (it's an achievement too). Don't try for the ledge, land short and go through the door.
Panic averted. The first time I played the track I didn't realize that was a lower path. I took that, got a collectible, and that's a way through. Then I discovered you can easily make the top path, for sure coming from the previous CP, by freewheeling the entire way including on the ramp as it bends upwards. Previously I had been freewheeling then hitting the pedals once I got to the ramp, assuming since it curved up that I'd need to. Nope.

Someone made this collectibles vid.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
There's a contract on the DLC that I'm pretty sure is impossible? You have to do Cadillac Rancher while on fire with 0 faults. Just completing this with 0 faults is a step up from all the other dlc contracts I've seen so far, but I can't see a way through this track while on fire. It's lots of slow, technical obstacles with no way to build up speed, I can get about as far as the third checkpoint!

Anyone had any luck with this?

It's a KTM contract on the second set of tracks.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Wow, "Warehouse HD" is going to take me some *sustained* practice. I've thus far managed to improve my PB by a whole 38-seconds, and reduced my fault-count to 33. That leaves me still fully 2-minutes off the gold-medal target. Zoinks!

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
The extremes in 66 really aren't fucking about, are they? They seem significantly harder than the main-game stuff! Can't even pass checkpoint 4 in Plane Graveyard.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my Plane Graveyard 0 fault run. Now time to go improve Warehouse HD, first run I did on that ended up with 10f.

Edit: Still feels weird I can do a 2 fault run and end up with a platinum medal.

Edit2: Yay got a 0f Warehouse run.

Last edited:

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played anything in a couple weeks. I fire up the PS4 to try out the new DLC and patch updates, get halfway thru a level, and my TV dies. No trials for me for a while.

Hey, guess that's better than it failing on the last checkpoint of a solid run after 45 minutes of trying to 0 fault some track.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Easter crates DO actually show up in the regular section with the other crates right? I unlocked like 5 tonight playing the DLC but shows as 0 when I go in there.

I can't believe they aren't updating the contents of the standard crates at all, I have like 40 of them and it's the same old shit as it's been since launch from what I can tell. What's the point?!

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The crates I was able to open tonight are all from weeks ago, and almost every crate I opened had something new in it. Kicking myself for opening 50+ crates weeks ago when I knew I wasn't going to get anything good.

Oct 25, 2017
The Easter crates DO actually show up in the regular section with the other crates right? I unlocked like 5 tonight playing the DLC but shows as 0 when I go in there.

I can't believe they aren't updating the contents of the standard crates at all, I have like 40 of them and it's the same old shit as it's been since launch from what I can tell. What's the point?!

Yeah, they should show up. The missing crate bug has returned. I unlocked 3 crates while playing the DLC last night and they are nowhere to be found.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm actually getting more crates than normal since the DLC, although I wonder if they might be late arrivals from all the ones I lost before then. I'm not getting gold bolts for beating tracks or Contracts though. It was too optimistic to think they could fix some things without breaking something else.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually getting more crates than normal since the DLC, although I wonder if they might be late arrivals from all the ones I lost before then. I'm not getting gold bolts for beating tracks or Contracts though. It was too optimistic to think they could fix some things without breaking something else.

So basically you stole my crates. You bastard! :p

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they should show up. The missing crate bug has returned. I unlocked 3 crates while playing the DLC last night and they are nowhere to be found.

Ha! Not only that, but last night I had 23 "regular" crates and had unlocked 5 Easter crates that never showed up. Today I log in and I'm down to 16 "regular" crates and still no Easter crates.

I thought loot boxes were the most important fucking things to these publishers, how do they screw this up so badly?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm getting the opposite crate bug. I've been rewarded over 100 since starting the DLC, and I haven't even done the second stadium yet. I've had every item in the Easter reward pool ten times over.

Each level up seems to give 4-5, and sometimes I open them all, back out of the menu, and see another few appear.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
I'm getting the opposite crate bug. I've been rewarded over 100 since starting the DLC, and I haven't even done the second stadium yet. I've had every item in the Easter reward pool ten times over.

Each level up seems to give 4-5, and sometimes I open them all, back out of the menu, and see another few appear.

I've been getting that. It's like the game is trying to make up for all the missing crates from the intervening weeks.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I've been getting that. It's like the game is trying to make up for all the missing crates from the intervening weeks.
It's like when your dad comes back into your life after ditching the family when you were a baby, and tries to make up for lost time by buying presents for every missed birthday. Ooh thanks dad, a bunny costume for every year!