• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
It's like when your dad comes back into your life after ditching the family when you were a baby, and tries to make up for lost time by buying presents for every missed birthday. Ooh thanks dad, a bunny costume for every year!

For what it is worth, the tone of your post is perfectly in sync with the expression of the dude in your avatar image.

Thanks, dad; I've really needed another bunny suit...

On a different note... Either hitching issues with the Switch version have gotten worse, or the DLC tracks specifically aren't optimised enough (and by that, I mean haven't had enough detail removed from them). I can handle the Switch version not running at 60fps, but some consistent frame-pacing would be nice. (From everything I've read from PC players, PS4 (original and pro) players, and XBONE-S players, I have it real good on the XBONE-*X*. Runs smooth for me there)

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've enjoyed the dlc so far.

I don't understand what's going on in the main game though. I am level 96 and have all squirrels and everything unlocked except extremes...but the stadium final for monster mash won't appear.

Maybe i have to complete the last main stadium or something to unlock the extremes....I'll try that now.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I've enjoyed the dlc so far.

I don't understand what's going on in the main game though. I am level 96 and have all squirrels and everything unlocked except extremes...but the stadium final for monster mash won't appear.

Maybe i have to complete the last main stadium or something to unlock the extremes....I'll try that now.
Have you completed all Stadiums?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I completed an extreme!! :) 24 minutes and 161 faults!
I'm only 23 minutes, 6 seconds and 151 faults behind djredline!

It was Hong Kong harbour. Anyone have a view or list of which extremes are easier than others?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

It was Hong Kong harbour. Anyone have a view or list of which extremes are easier than others?
I would order them as follows, easiest to hardest. You'll need Gold on all of them to unlock the Ninja league, which iirc means a limit of around 35 faults on Inferno V.

Corky Construction
Sewer Rat
Car Park Club
Hong Kong Harbor
Desolate Dome
Klondike Gold Rush
Baikonur Base
Inferno V

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how many of you play on PC but if you want to add me I guess my username is Allforce. It'd be nice to have some Era people racing in-game because as of right now I just turn the ghosts completely off since they're just randoms.

I bought the game through uPlay though so not sure if that matters.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Are the extremes easier than previous games? I think I managed one extreme ever and now I've completed (in terrible times/faults) the first 4 or 5.

I've picked up a lot from shadys tutorials and watching him stream though!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Are the extremes easier than previous games? I think I managed one extreme ever and now I've completed (in terrible times/faults) the first 4 or 5.

I don't think so. Anyway, you might want to hold that opinion until Inferno :-)

For example, I remember timing out in Inferno III on Evo at least once, with one or two obstacles being a nightmare for me at the time. I went back to it the other day on PC and flew through the whole track no problems, probably better than I ever did on 360, despite never having played it in years. That's just a side effect of more Trials practice since then, also the University as you said, more YT vids to help, etc.

EDIT: I do think it's easier to get Gold medals in Rising than previous games, especially in Extreme tracks. People can even get Platinums on the Extremes with 1 or 2 faults, which would have required 0 in previous games.

Last edited:

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017

The extremes in Rising are about equal difficulty with Fusion until you hit Inferno V. If you compare it with the first ninja track, White Belt, it might as well be a borderline ninja. The medals are WAY easier though, as Sheepinator mentioned.

For my personal difficulty order, it's more of a tier system with Inferno being the hardest, Baikonur Base and Klondike Gold Rush being a bit below it, and everything else is much easier.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, interesting cheers! I didn't expect they would be easier , and was hoping that i had actually improved!

I'm tempted to go back and try them again, as *some* of my faults were figuring out the techniques for certain obstacles....so I could hopefully get my fault count down a bit.

Most of them were because I struggle to execute...and a few were cheap ones where I'm so desperate to get through a checkpoint that I fault straight into the next one....but I'm so relieved that I don't care!

I'm never going to gold them, so I won't get to try white belt :(

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I'm never going to gold them, so I won't get to try white belt :(

I know this sounds really stupid, but if you can get to the end of an extreme track, then you can gold it. Technically you've already got through every checkpoint without a fault (excluding the ones where you fault into the next one) so it's just a case of doing it all together in one run. I golded Inferno V with 30 faults or something, so it doesn't even have to be a perfect run, just an alright one.

It doesn't take that much practice past where you are, just a bit of persistence.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017

Helium is your friend on these extremes.

I do think they are easier than previous titles as I used to struggle on evo and fusion.

Only 1 I'm finding hard is the DLC warehouse HD

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Helium is your friend on these extremes.

I do think they are easier than previous titles as I used to struggle on evo and fusion.

Only 1 I'm finding hard is the DLC warehouse HD

I'm picking on you (somewhat of an overstatment!), inasmuch as this is the post I'm replying too, but since it *is* a sentiment that crops up a lot... surely you make allowances for getting better over time? For my part, I know I've played enough Trials at this point that anything below Hard is utterly trivial, and Hard tracks rarely take more than 2 attempts to zero-fault. Unless RedLynx inflate the difficulty tiers over time, it *should* be the case that returning players find given tiers easier and easier over time, as they hone their skills, and build experience.

Where I see RedLynx instead 'flex' is with things like how Ninja tiers are 'fully official' in the game. Rising isn't the first Trials game I've played with Ninja tracks in the base game[1], but certainly it's the first I've seen where Ninja features openly in the core campaign.

[1] For example, Extreme tracks in Fusion had Ninja versions you could get to when bailing into a warp-zone after zero-faulting a given extreme.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
toythatkills and Arturo cheers, I'll give it a go. My execution is pretty bad though and also if I get close to a good run I get nervous and ALWAYS stuff it up.

Djredline yeah, I cleared most of them on the mantis but I'll try the helium as well. I wish you could change per checkpoint! Some are super easy with power so helium struggles or super easy with grip so mantis struggles.

If I ever try inferno it will be on the helium!

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
There's a contract on the DLC that I'm pretty sure is impossible? You have to do Cadillac Rancher while on fire with 0 faults. Just completing this with 0 faults is a step up from all the other dlc contracts I've seen so far, but I can't see a way through this track while on fire. It's lots of slow, technical obstacles with no way to build up speed, I can get about as far as the third checkpoint!

Anyone had any luck with this?

It's a KTM contract on the second set of tracks.
I've had no luck, but I'm wondering about this too. I've done every other contract in the DLC (unless there are ninja ones I'll never see) without much trouble. This one is a massive step up in difficulty.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly OT but does anyone elses North America look like a complete mess on the map!? I have faces everywhere and you can't actually see any green of the map.

Was also watching a shady stream where he couldn't choose the new dlc extreme because another track kept popping up a new lap record box...he spent ages trying to select it!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Slightly OT but does anyone elses North America look like a complete mess on the map!? I have faces everywhere and you can't actually see any green of the map.

Was also watching a shady stream where he couldn't choose the new dlc extreme because another track kept popping up a new lap record box...he spent ages trying to select it!
It's a total disaster. Meanwhile entire continents are all but empty. You can't even properly choose a track because of the way it focuses in or out and tries to auto-center. Plus, after learning you have to filter by league to find the DLC tracks, the final DLC tracks aren't in a league! What a mess.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

I saw that stream too. I like watching Shady, he's so laid back.

I'm surprised they did a DLC focused on North America when they already have a ton of NA tracks.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sheepinator yeah, I only spotted the dlc extremes by chance...and ironically I unlocked them before the main game extremes!

Guppeth I watched some of shadys vids for the previous games so it was cool to see him get included in the game. Always seems nice on stream and will take requests to do explanations of certain tracks.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Watch all of shadys streams and thought the addition of uni within the game was a great idea.

His recent stream playing evo made me wish it was back compatible but I'm gonna have to 'borrow' my daughter's x360 to play it again.

And yes I agree that coming from HD, evo and fusion that these tracks are easier due to knowledge learnt over time.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Watch all of shadys streams and thought the addition of uni within the game was a great idea.

His recent stream playing evo made me wish it was back compatible but I'm gonna have to 'borrow' my daughter's x360 to play it again.

And yes I agree that coming from HD, evo and fusion that these tracks are easier due to knowledge learnt over time.

Are you on his side of the planet? :)

I catch his YouTube videos...there's something weird about the international date line, the earth spinning, and a line drawn through Greenwich which means I don't think I can watch his streams live.

I saw your in game avatar with the trials hd outfit on - very cool!

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Are you on his side of the planet? :)

I catch his YouTube videos...there's something weird about the international date line, the earth spinning, and a line drawn through Greenwich which means I don't think I can watch his streams live.

I saw your in game avatar with the trials hd outfit on - very cool!

No I'm the sunny south of UK. I watch his streams the day after on YouTube

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Anyone else having issues getting Trials Coins since the patch? I'm on Steam, and first of all I found I was losing Coins gained in a session after returning to the main menu, and now I'm finding the Coins from beating a track or a Contract are disappearing immediately. Coins from selling lootbox duplicates are still adding correctly.

Oct 25, 2017
I have all A+ grades for Uni of Trials now except the Time Trial. My most recent run was so close to A+ that you can't even see a sliver of room between the bar and the A+ marker. Ugh! I'll be so happy to finish this achievement!

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe this game is still such a piece of shit after all this time since release. Performance is still awful, I still receive zero loot crates when I level up, and the DLC won't unlock despite saying it was purchased (PS4). Redoing licenses didnt fix it. I expected better from Redlynx, but that won't ever be the case again. This is straight up amateur hour bullshit.

Nov 13, 2017
I can't believe this game is still such a piece of shit after all this time since release. Performance is still awful, I still receive zero loot crates when I level up, and the DLC won't unlock despite saying it was purchased (PS4). Redoing licenses didnt fix it. I expected better from Redlynx, but that won't ever be the case again. This is straight up amateur hour bullshit.

I am not sure if this would help but I downloaded this https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA09338_00-ROUTE66000000000 before the rebuild licenses, or at least added it as purchases to the cart, it didnt download anything.
Agreed on some of the other stuff, as much as I love the game I cannot believe is still this broken

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah we still play it all the time because the game itself is great, but man RedLynx should listen and respond to community feedback. It is baffling.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Easter event finishes today, and I probably would have had enough Easter lootboxes to get the whole bunny outift if, you know, they had appeared.

I don't give a shit in reality, because I made an Arsenal shirt when I got the game and I don't see any reason to change it so I have no interest in amassing more cosmetic items, but it's ridiculous that they could have a time-limited event like this when the system doesn't even work. Losing gear crates is one thing, losing Easter crates that might never appear again is another.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Easter event finishes today, and I probably would have had enough Easter lootboxes to get the whole bunny outift if, you know, they had appeared.

I don't give a shit in reality, because I made an Arsenal shirt when I got the game and I don't see any reason to change it so I have no interest in amassing more cosmetic items, but it's ridiculous that they could have a time-limited event like this when the system doesn't even work. Losing gear crates is one thing, losing Easter crates that might never appear again is another.
It's astonishing, it really is. Still, they obviously planned on Easter content and it's not like they can delay that a month while someone else on the team fixes their bugs. What you can do is buy crates for 1,000 each, and if you recycle the dupes you'll get up to 750 each for bunny parts you already have. So it shouldn't cost much. Or play a round or two of MP, you'll probably have some crates from that, and use the reroll for 500 feature as needed. It doesn't take long to get them all.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Affected and voted!

I stopped receiving them at around level 200, just when the Easter update arrived.
It's so strange how that works. I hadn't been getting them from about level 90 to 160, something like that. Then when Easter event came, I was getting 2 or 3 each level-up. I'm not sure if it's still going correctly because I've been holding off on doing more Contracts while the Trials Coins are broken.

It should also be noted that leveling up in MP is fast, and always gave lootboxes.

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
It's so strange how that works. I hadn't been getting them from about level 90 to 160, something like that. Then when Easter event came, I was getting 2 or 3 each level-up. I'm not sure if it's still going correctly because I've been holding off on doing more Contracts while the Trials Coins are broken.

It should also be noted that leveling up in MP is fast, and always gave lootboxes.
Really weird, yes. And the trials coins bug is way worse for me than the lootboxes issue…

Oct 25, 2017
My Xbox says I have played 344 hours and there is no way that is accurate. These systems certainly are counting hours in sleep mode, lol.