• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
My Xbox says I have played 344 hours and there is no way that is accurate. These systems certainly are counting hours in sleep mode, lol.
See? I knew something was wrong! XD

Xbox seems to also count time spent with the game on background afaik, but the Switch I know for sure it only counts actual time running a software with the system awake, believe me I've tested it before, Arturo :D

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
WHu16sr.jpg

Somewhat proud of this! Contract was to beat Klondike Gold Rush with the Donkey, while making 12 front flips. It's hard enough to get to the end of an extreme track with the Donkey, but adding in the front flips makes this really difficult. You can't just do the flips, most of the time you then have to complete the following obstacle without faults as well because if you have to go back to a checkpoint you'll probably lose the flip you did. 12 flips is easy, 12 that you can make stick is much less so. And there's nowhere in the track to easily spam front-flips. Combined with completing the track in half an hour. It took a number of attempts. A number of hours.

The reward makes it worth it though, it looks really good wearing it, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of the rarer things to wear!

Still playing Trials Rising, then. Currently trying to work out how to unlock Ninja stuff. I thought it was just golding the extreme tracks but that hasn't done the trick. Maybe I have to gold everything? Maybe I have to gold the two DLC extremes now too?

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Currently trying to work out how to unlock Ninja stuff. I thought it was just golding the extreme tracks but that hasn't done the trick. Maybe I have to gold everything? Maybe I have to gold the two DLC extremes now too?

The ninja's unlocked once i got gold on all extremes (not including the DLC). i still had a couple of hard tracks on silver at the time so it can't be that also for a requirement

Do you just not see the shadowy icon on the map or the ninja filter option?

Also gratz on the Alba unlock

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
WHu16sr.jpg

Somewhat proud of this! Contract was to beat Klondike Gold Rush with the Donkey, while making 12 front flips. It's hard enough to get to the end of an extreme track with the Donkey, but adding in the front flips makes this really difficult. You can't just do the flips, most of the time you then have to complete the following obstacle without faults as well because if you have to go back to a checkpoint you'll probably lose the flip you did. 12 flips is easy, 12 that you can make stick is much less so. And there's nowhere in the track to easily spam front-flips. Combined with completing the track in half an hour. It took a number of attempts. A number of hours.

The reward makes it worth it though, it looks really good wearing it, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of the rarer things to wear!

Still playing Trials Rising, then. Currently trying to work out how to unlock Ninja stuff. I thought it was just golding the extreme tracks but that hasn't done the trick. Maybe I have to gold everything? Maybe I have to gold the two DLC extremes now too?
Ninja unlocked for me immediately after getting all Golds in the base game Extremes. I'm going to guess that you haven't beaten all the Stadium Finals, or maybe you also need to beat the Grand Finale track which unlocks after those stadiums? If you've done absolutely everything else, then I wonder if you have the DLC and there's a new bug where you have to get Gold on all Extremes, not just the base game. As a last resort I'd try that, just in case. Also, report it on the official Ubi forum if you still can't unlock them.

I haven't unlocked that Klondike Donkey contract yet, because I've stopped doing contracts since the patch due to not getting Trials Coins any more. Have you tried that other Klondike contract, beating it with a Helium and I think gravity is higher?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
The ninja's unlocked once i got gold on all extremes (not including the DLC). i still had a couple of hard tracks on silver at the time so it can't be that also for a requirement

Do you just not see the shadowy icon on the map or the ninja filter option?

Also gratz on the Alba unlock

I don't see anything at all, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough but I'm sure there's nothing there.

Ninja unlocked for me immediately after getting all Golds in the base game Extremes. I'm going to guess that you haven't beaten all the Stadium Finals, or maybe you also need to beat the Grand Finale track which unlocks after those stadiums? If you've done absolutely everything else, then I wonder if you have the DLC and there's a new bug where you have to get Gold on all Extremes, not just the base game. As a last resort I'd try that, just in case. Also, report it on the official Ubi forum if you still can't unlock them.

I haven't unlocked that Klondike Donkey contract yet, because I've stopped doing contracts since the patch due to not getting Trials Coins any more. Have you tried that other Klondike contract, beating it with a Helium and I think gravity is higher?

I've done all the finals and the Grand Finale track too. Oh well, I'll just keep going until I gold everything and then see where I am. I'm not sure I can get gold medals on the new extremes, so I really hope it's not that! I can imagine Warehouse HD taking so long that the next DLC will come out.

I've done all the Donkey/Helium contracts now I think. I can't remember that one specifically but I have nothing more on the map for that guy so I reckon they're all done. Actually I do remember doing that, it definitely wasn't as hard as the Donkey one though, I think one awkward bit in the middle where it was hard to get enough height on a jump but a decent run-up got over that. Can't remember anything else about it!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't see anything at all, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough but I'm sure there's nothing there.

I've done all the finals and the Grand Finale track too. Oh well, I'll just keep going until I gold everything and then see where I am. I'm not sure I can get gold medals on the new extremes, so I really hope it's not that! I can imagine Warehouse HD taking so long that the next DLC will come out.

I've done all the Donkey/Helium contracts now I think. I can't remember that one specifically but I have nothing more on the map for that guy so I reckon they're all done. Actually I do remember doing that, it definitely wasn't as hard as the Donkey one though, I think one awkward bit in the middle where it was hard to get enough height on a jump but a decent run-up got over that. Can't remember anything else about it!
Yeah that's the part I bailed on. At the CP start there's a bunny hop then a ramp and the next ledge is way high up, and with the added gravity I wasn't getting close. I'll try again in the future. Have you also done the Donkey on Baikonur? That's a tough one.

As for unlocking Ninja, I don't think it's level based, and I think the last level based unlocks are around 88. It wouldn't surprise me if they've screwed up and the unlock condition is checking for Gold on all Extreme tracks in the game instead of only the base game. If you want to get to Ninja, that would be my suggestion to focus on, and report back if that's indeed the case.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Finally got A+ on the Time Trial! :D

I'm going to give you a big ol' WOOHOOOOoooo! Nice going. *And* use it as an excuse to pat myself on the back too - I got A+ in the "Rear Wheel Bounce" course in University of Trials, and that means I've got the full-house there now. Yes, topping out at 153 faults, but it is the *principle* of the thing.

I crossed 50-plats-earned as well, being up to 52 now. Still plenty of head-room left in tracks, so hopefully there are tons more I can still get (relative to my skill level). No diamond medals as of yet.

Do we know when the first multiplayer-season is due to end? Or did it already happen, and I didn't notice?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm going to give you a big ol' WOOHOOOOoooo! Nice going. *And* use it as an excuse to pat myself on the back too - I got A+ in the "Rear Wheel Bounce" course in University of Trials, and that means I've got the full-house there now. Yes, topping out at 153 faults, but it is the *principle* of the thing.

I crossed 50-plats-earned as well, being up to 52 now. Still plenty of head-room left in tracks, so hopefully there are tons more I can still get (relative to my skill level). No diamond medals as of yet.

Do we know when the first multiplayer-season is due to end? Or did it already happen, and I didn't notice?
Congrats. I'm surprised that one took you so long, considering your skill elsewhere in the game. The only one I have left to A+ is the final one, and I failed to get a recorded time on at least 1 event (the Transitions one I think, #10 iirc) because of the game claiming it lost connection.

I don't think they've announced an end date. They did change the track lists for MP though, a couple of weeks ago.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Congrats. I'm surprised that one took you so long, considering your skill elsewhere in the game. The only one I have left to A+ is the final one, and I failed to get a recorded time on at least 1 event (the Transitions one I think, #10 iirc) because of the game claiming it lost connection.

I don't think they've announced an end date. They did change the track lists for MP though, a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly, it was just a heck of a long time from my first attempt to my second. There are enough disparate things to occupy myself in this game that it means I sometimes forget to go back and work on certain events. For example, it wasn't until this weekend that I knuckled down and polished off all the squirrels. I'll pour one out for your lost PB; "Lost connection" is a constant fear, even though getting bitten by it is (for me at least) quite rare.

Recently, I've mainly been keeping up with Track Central submissions, working on the 'easy plats', and for the plats that aren't trivially easy, still at least greatly improving PBs. (I already had the plat for Seaside Promenade, but I just lopped a further 5.2s off my PB.) This evening I'm going to chill by taking the Helium and Donkey through all the Route DLC tracks (with the occasional detour to grind out a PB where I see the opportunity).

Edit: The Route 66 *extremes* continue to hammer me. Well, the 'plane' one hammers me, but Warehouse HD continues to *brutalise* me. I've not yet golded that one. Edit 2, edit harder: No, wait... I *did* manage to gold that one, over the weekend. Used the Helium to do it though, so I need to keep working on that track.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Yeah that's the part I bailed on. At the CP start there's a bunny hop then a ramp and the next ledge is way high up, and with the added gravity I wasn't getting close. I'll try again in the future. Have you also done the Donkey on Baikonur? That's a tough one.

Back up as far as you can for a run-up, bunny hop over the jump and if you get a clean landing you should get enough speed to clear that jump. Probably have to hard lean forward and balance on the edge to clear it, but it's definitely doable.

Yeah, I've done Baikonur too with the Donkey, can't decide which out of those two Donkey ones is harder. I got the track down to about 30 faults aside from one checkpoint which I managed to hit in about 5,000 faults in the end. I have no advice for that at all!

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah these 2 new extremes are giving me a headache now especially warehouse. Big step up compared to the base game.

After getting legendary rider I have slowed down and just worked on some achievements like jumping through the ring of fire.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
WHu16sr.jpg

Nice one! This is still the hardest contract I've actually beaten, still wearing the ANBA set too, did you unlock the beer belly yet?

The Ninja tracks are in Japan, under a single icon like skill games, just in case you missed it.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
toythatkills Have you got a grade in every University event? If so, how about a Bronze in every Skill Game?

Yep and yep! I'm just going to continue golding tracks for now, reckon I have maybe 10-15 or so to go and it won't be difficult if I can stop getting distracted by contracts! If that doesn't work, I'm scared.

Nice one! This is still the hardest contract I've actually beaten, still wearing the ANBA set too, did you unlock the beer belly yet?

The Ninja tracks are in Japan, under a single icon like skill games, just in case you missed it.

I unlocked all the ANBA stuff yeah, really enjoyed those contracts despite the difficulty sometimes! The ninja icon sure ain't there, nothing in the filters either.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
Hahahaha, no waaaaaaay I've played so many hours, the system must be counting sleep mode or something (right? RIGHT?) XD but I definitely should try to play something else :P

Geeeesh… I love/hate this game.
I know the Trials timer is all kinds of jacked up, but I think the system timer is accurate as far as the game running at least.
YEEEeeeeeeees! First extreme plat for Rising. Evening *well spent*.

Right?

Right!
Plat or diamond? I figure you would've had a few extreme platinums already (...especially cause they don't even require zero faults).

I still haven't unlocked ninja stuff yet. Stopped playing for a while, then got sucked in with the patch to open up the final stadium final track and worked on getting a solid time there for a while. Then platniumed the non extreme DLC tracks. Good times.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Yep and yep! I'm just going to continue golding tracks for now, reckon I have maybe 10-15 or so to go and it won't be difficult if I can stop getting distracted by contracts! If that doesn't work, I'm scared.
I've seen a couple of people elsewhere suggesting you need Golds in all career tracks, so that may not include stadiums and Grand Finale. So maybe focus on the normal career tracks first and hopefully that does it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This is an excellent new Extreme track in TC, called Penrose. Interesting art style, reminds me a bit of Alice in Wonderland, I love that chess board in the background. Very good track design too.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
This is an excellent new Extreme track in TC, called Penrose. Interesting art style, reminds me a bit of Alice in Wonderland, I love that chess board in the background. Very good track design too.

Guess i'm trying that out later.
Search for 'HD' in track central as someone has re-created a couple of Trials HD tracks including underground

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Ninja tracks unlocked! Not 100% sure what actually did it in the end, but I'm reasonably certain that the requirement is to gold all hard and extreme tracks in the base game, not just the extreme ones. I still have four tracks left to gold medal but they're easy and medium. I did notice that my smoky loading screen changed to a ninja after the extremes, but yeah, nothing was unlocked until just now.

Current progress: checkpoint 2 on White Belt, lol

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Guess i'm trying that out later.
Search for 'HD' in track central as someone has re-created a couple of Trials HD tracks including underground
Saw that, thanks. I got them from this guys channel, who also mentioned a track called White Trial. Terrible name, quite a challenging Extreme though. The creator doesn't seem to have put it on YT, however you can see a run here.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
toythatkills Congrats. That first Ninja isn't too bad. In that you don't need any ninja skills to get past it, also it's short. Later tracks look insane though.

Did you also need Gold in Grand Finale and the Stadium Finals?

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Damn, I just had a nice run on Plane Graveyard. I was actually just futzing around, looking to get more consistent on one of the checkpoints in particular. But then decided to do a complete run, since I was there and all, and it just all came together. 0-fault plat, that improved my PB by fully 1m30s (so now down to 1m17s for that track)!

Edit: all this talk about ninja tracks reminds me to need to get back to those. I managed (just about) to get a completion of the first, but man with a toooooon of faults. And I've not managed the second one at all yet.

Edit: Yeeha! First completion of Yellow Belt. 60 faults.

Last edited:

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That Penrose track looks beautiful and doable. Glad it's not a ninja track, meaning I have a chance to actually complete it. Thanks for sharing.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
OH. MY. GOODNESS! "Trials Evolution" just showed up in my backward-compat list on XBOX. I'm literally queueing Trials Evo for download onto my XBOX One X as I type this. And it's auto-queued the DLC tracks for download as well! I need to go on a brisk stroll to settle myself a bit...

Edit: Yep, here's the tweet announcing it - https://mobile.twitter.com/majornelson/status/1123980741044469762
YESSSSSSSSSSSS! My life is over, definitely, but… YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
So, first up... I'm staggered how *low* the game-clock is for this game, for my profile. 2d7h? That's less than half the time I've already spent playing *Rising*. I didn't actually start engaging with user-created tracks until Fusion. It is interesting to see just how much of an impact that made on the time I spend playing Trials.

Also... While the feel of the game is undeniably 'contemporary with how Trials feels these days', it feels slow compared to Fusion and Rising. It's funny, because when Evo came out, it felt (to me at least) so hectic and fast compared to HD. Now it is feelish slow compared to Rising. How the times change :-)

Nonetheless, I'm so glad I get to play Evo again. I'm going to spend the evening playing through every track in sequence. If I can't finish that today, I'll continue tomorrow. I don't anticipate seeing opportunities for PB improvement, realistically, until I get to the hards and extremes.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
toythatkills Congrats. That first Ninja isn't too bad. In that you don't need any ninja skills to get past it, also it's short. Later tracks look insane though.

Did you also need Gold in Grand Finale and the Stadium Finals?

Nope, nowhere near Gold in Grand Finale at least, can't speak for the Stadium Finals as they were Gold anyway.

So, first up... I'm staggered how *low* the game-clock is for this game, for my profile. 2d7h? That's less than half the time I've already spent playing *Rising*. I didn't actually start engaging with user-created tracks until Fusion. It is interesting to see just how much of an impact that made on the time I spend playing Trials.

Surprised here too. 2 days 11 hours, which is way less time than I've already spent with Rising and I would have sworn I played Evo ALL THE TIME.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That's largely a function of the amount of content in the game. If we say Evo has about the same number of tracks as Fusion (does it?), well Rising has almost twice as many as Fusion, so just playing each track about the same number of times to get a PB is going to mean about double the play time in Rising.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
That's largely a function of the amount of content in the game. If we say Evo has about the same number of tracks as Fusion (does it?), well Rising has almost twice as many as Fusion, so just playing each track about the same number of times to get a PB is going to mean about double the play time in Rising.

That is a good point I hadn't considered. While I've griped about a number of aspects of Rising, *content* isn't one of them. Very great number of tracks, also skill games, that whole University of Trials stuff, contracts[1]. I'm seeing in interesting, but hopeful pattern, in my return to Evo. Which is that my time thus far has been characterised by seeing a lot of green splits early on, but losing them deeper into the track. That is, I'm launching well, and riding *fast*, but sheer time since Evo has meant I need to spend time learning the tracks again, to *sustain* the improvements.

[1] My problem with contracts is linking them to *progression*, not that contracts exist at all. I have in fact enjoyed many contracts.

Edit: Gigatrack! My old friend... Or perhaps "frenemy". Gigatrack... I loved you, and hated you, as I loved and hated myself. Gigatrack... I am "Gollum", to your "One Ring"...

Edit: Holy crap... I *swear* I plated Gigatrack... Maybe... Maybe I did that in Evo Gold? Okay... I gotta get this one. It is a matter of principle.

Edit: This is, like, gonna *wreck* my weekend, isn't it.

Last edited:

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Does Track Central still work in Evo? I heard they shut it down but I can't remember where I heard it.

Should be working but i can´t download any track whatsoever. Can see the list but the thumbnail does not load and can´t download. "Please check your connection".

The loading times really put Rising in perspective, so fast! Even on the 360.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I tried Inferno to see if my skills had improved, and the bike just felt so heavy it was like a different game!
Related, I was on PS4, saw Fusion, fired it up and gave Inferno IV a run. I beat my previous recorded time by 10 minutes, then got the same old "lost connection" error which has plagued this series forever, ugh.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Seems I had a ton of room for improvement in Evo. I'd moved over to Evo Gold on PC shortly after Evo 360 came out, so things like grinding plats I mainly did on PC. So, for the want of a few enjoyable hours of touring Evo's (and its DLC's) delights, I've gone from 410 to 475 medals.

But not the Evo-360 plat for Gigatrack yet. I got it on PC, and I remember it being long session to get a sufficiently clean run. Currently 4s off, which isn't so bad, but I've got a nasty habit of choking near the *end* of my runs on that track, which makes it quite gruelling to practice.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
YEEEeeees! Gigatrack platted. 6m46.249s. That might trump my PB on Evo Gold for that track. Now I can get on with my life.

Edit: Turns out I had my Evo Gold Gigatrack PB up my my Youtube channel. Improved it by 4.6s. Nice.

Oct 27, 2017
All my items are gone now. Redlynx had lost me as a customer. This game is one giant clusterfuck that never should have been released.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
You know one thing I really miss that Evo did? Being able to a *rival*. Someone to aim for, on the leaderboard. For the last, well, 7-odd years I've had someone called 'Oddhair' as my rival. But no more.

Rivalhood ended with Oddhair. Now japtor is my rival...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Big Ubi sale on PSN this week, lots of AC, Far Cry etc. on sale. Also this game is 50% off, so $12.49 for the base game, or $19.99 for Gold.

magimix Congrats on gigawatt.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
You know one thing I really miss that Evo did? Being able to a *rival*. Someone to aim for, on the leaderboard. For the last, well, 7-odd years I've had someone called 'Oddhair' as my rival. But no more.

Rivalhood ended with Oddhair. Now japtor is my rival...
He actually popped up for me once a while back, he's still out there, somewhere. It was like the old days for a second. I'd be happy if you know, it'd just default to showing friend ghosts (and personal best) rather than a random group I don't give a shit about beating.

(Wonder if the others on SA were just waiting for someone else to make a new Trials thread or no one cared enough to start its own thread)

Also goddamn Gigatrack, I forget if I ever got plat on that one. I always felt like it was harder to shave time on the easier tracks for platinum times than the harder ones where there's more leeway (as long as you didn't have major screwups). Gigatrack just amplified that difficulty multiple times.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
are there any known bugs with trying to get the final squirrel? I'm using the code and i keep failing at inputting it.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
controller error. swapped to a newer controller and i got the code first try.

time to fire up street fighter and figure out what d-pad directions aren't working properly