• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

200k in Asia and the rest is worldwide.

For comparison, Bravely Default 2 sold 950k in about 7/8 months. And Octopath hit 1 million in three weeks, so it's trending pretty closely to the latter.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see it selling well, still need to pick up my copy.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asano just can't stop winning

mk6m5b0amnj61.jpg

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Deserved, it's fantastic. Asano's team best game to date by a large margin and my favorite SRPG since... Devil Survivor Overclcked I think which is more than 10 years old.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Well deserved. Triangle Strategy is sublime and is best Team Asano game of all time in gameplay, story and world building.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Your welcome Square Enix. I have a sickness buying it full price, pound sterling for the game digitally.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
TriStrat is unequivocally one of the best SRPGs of all time, so this is well-deserved success. Every SRPG enthusiast in our discord who's played it has come to the same glowing conclusion, which is saying a lot.

If you want a compelling story where you get the shifting perspectives of various players across the continent, and have to face decisions and consequences that'll genuinely challenge your convictions, play this game! If you want tight and tactically rigorous gameplay, play this game! Even if you want to breeze through on Very Easy with the dialogue on auto-play, treating the game like a TV show, play this game!

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Also its insane that Asano just keeps on winning. AFAIK producers are more involved in Japan so the only conclusion I can come to is that SE should do everything they can to keep him. DQ3R will also be very big no doubt and Octopath Sequel will as well.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing and it's great. I still haven't paid attention to the story though.

gflo

Oct 27, 2017
jersey
nice!! I wanted to get this at launch for Switch but considering how Bravely Default 2 and Octopath Traveler both hit Steam, I'm going to wait for that version. Hopefully I'll get my Steam Deck by then.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
🙇 Team Asano 🙇
They keep making 1M seller, this is the best AA studio of current Square Enix.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
Wow I really didn't expect this to do well (largely due to the release window). Glad to be proven wrong.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It blows Octopath out of the water that's for sure. The story actually exists and the characters are really interesting. I'm glad to see it doing well and people enjoying it. I'll still never get the voice acting complaints though because I like the voices *shrug*

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
It blows Octopath out of the water that's for sure. The story actually exists and the characters are really interesting. I'm glad to see it doing well and people enjoying it. I'll still never get the voice acting complaints though because I like the voices *shrug*
I don't really see how you can like them, but more power to you if you can endure it. For me, I can't bear it.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017

Some characters (Frederica) are stronger than others.

Octopath had the same type of voice acting though, and I don't recall nearly as many complaints there.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think this will eventually come to Steam like octopath? I think I would rather play on my new steam deck.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I did my part!*

*ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵐʸ ᴬᵈᵛᵃⁿᶜᵉ ᵂᵃʳˢ ᵖʳᵉᵒʳᵈᵉʳ ʷᵃˢ ᶜᵃⁿᶜᵉˡˡᵉᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ᵐᵘᶜʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿˡʸ ⁱⁿᵗᵉʳᵉˢᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍᵉᵗ, ᵇᵘᵗ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ