• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Looking forward to it
I think ill consider playing thru the series later this year

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they tighten up the gameplay a bit, 3 was the first one I didn't finish because it didn't feel as it was worth it.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising giving the failure of their last game. Glad they went fully 2D again.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they webt bankrupt after the third one

Glad to see they are still aroond

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I see they went back to 2d, rather than 3/2d. I kind of like that take, but i'm also a 2d guy. I also like how Nine parchment and Trine is in the same universe.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic - return to 2.5D is the right way to go. Love this world.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This looks awesome, day 1 for me. Now only to decide between PC tastiness and Switch convenience.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd finish 3 instead. Being 3D wasn't the problem IMO, being unfinished was.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Ahh, Trine... You have always delivered when it comes to music. Gotta admit I've only played Trine 2. Skipped the third one because the 3D aspect looked janky as shit so I'm happy to see they've dropped that. 100% purchase for me.

Oct 27, 2017
It looks wonderful. I didn't like 2 all that much and I didn't play 3, but I've got such fondness for the first game and I love the visual style and fairytale style. Definitely putting this on my wishlist.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This looks good. I never played Trine 3, but heard bad things about it. Hopefully it's closer to the first two games. I was concerned about the developers though. I thought their last two games bombed (Nine Parchments and Has Been Heroes) so hopefully this game succeeds!

Oct 27, 2017
Glad the series is back to 2.5D
Trine4_PC-X1-PS4-NSW_Stacked_Packshots.png

TrineUC_PC-X1-PS4_Stacked_Packshots.png

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
im in the minority on digging Trine 3 and wouldve liked to see that style expanded on into a better game, but you could feel the lack of budget to properly pull it off all around that game

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
Awesome. Loved Trine 2.

I hope it will have 3D stereo support. Playing Trine 2 in 3D on my 110" screen was amazing.

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
Always thought these games were beautiful in presentation, but the gameplay never seemed to hook me. Maybe I need to play them co-op for the best experience...

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That vibe of clash of clan trailer vibe is so dated.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Loved them all and Platted every version on PS3 and PS4. Day one for me as this looks utterly beautiful. Nice work Frozenbyte.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hell yeah, I'm always up for more Trine. The semi-3D stuff in 3 was interesting, but I think a return to 2.5D is probably the right call.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA

Trine 4's Developers Want To Take The Series Back To What Worked (Kotaku)
At a recent hands-off demo for the game, two developers from Frozenbyte, the studio behind Trine, told Kotaku that the studio has abandoned the 3D journey it embarked on with Trine 3 and is instead returning to the series' 2.5D origins. "We felt that was the way for us to make the most compelling Trine game—by defining skills, puzzles, combat, everything by the 2.5D side scrolling," said the studio's marketing manager, Kai Tuovinen. "It's what the fans have been asking for, what we wanted as well and the way for us to make the most complete Trine." This return to form also happens to coincide with the series' 10th anniversary.

Trine 4 is meant to be a nightmare but it's a co-op puzzling dream (PCGamesN)
The Trine series is at its best when capturing a sense of magic. It's there when a huge creature of fantasy emerges in sparkling form to take up half the screen. And it's there when you suddenly discover a smart solution to a puzzle that's had you and a partner stuck for a whole ten minutes. What I've played of Trine 4 so far has me confident that it'll continue that legacy.

Trine 4 seems to be on the right path (Destructoid)
Taking a four-year hiatus refreshed the team and allowed them to hone in on what Trine is all about. It was a bold move to shift Trine 3 into the third-dimension and while that game failed, the lessons gained seem to have put Trine 4 on the right path. Everything I saw looked like exactly what I remember about the series, having wonderful visuals and inventive physics-based puzzles. Trine 4 might not be reinventing the wheel, but it also isn't arbitrarily changing it.

Trine 4 Returns The Classic Co-Op Series To Its 2.5D Roots (ScreenRant)
The latest entry in the treasured co-op series eschews the 3D gameplay of its immediate predecessor and returns to the original, side-scrolling puzzle-platforming action that made the series a household name in the first place! The Trine games are revered for their mix of co-op action, platforming, and physics-based puzzle solving, all wrapped in a humorous story with entertaining characters.