• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
hi There everyone...

I am currently on my way to platinuming Demon's Souls.

the guide I was following forgot to mention the little but important detail that if Black Phantoms die falling to their deaths, I won't change Character Tendency... the one Phantom was very hard so I unknowingly decided to push him to his death, so now I am one Phantom short of attaining pure white character tendency to get the ring from the monumental....I have tried to get online as blue phantom to help a summoner kill a Black Phantmon in their world but I dont think thats gonna work.... I can't get invaded cause I already killed all bosses not to mention I dont think this game has a big online population...

wiki says people with a red eye stone can invade me but I am not sure this is possible even with all the bosses dead. anyone knows this?

I searched this thread and you guys

Daggoth Shan PintSizedSlasher RecLib Noema APOEERA

platinumed the game already so you guys know how all this works and should have the Red Eye Stone that comes at the end of the game.

would someone please have mercy and help me out here getting the Pure White character tendency? should probably take no more than 10 minutes if it works. just send me a PM if you can help.

not sure how the game will make us find each other but I guess that password feature works? I am in central europe but I'd be willing to do this at any time.

thanks in advance

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
hi There everyone...

the guide I was following forgot to mention the little but important detail that if Black Phantoms die falling to their deaths, I won't change Character Tendency... the one Phantom was very hard so I unknowingly decided to push him to his death, so now I am one Phantom short of attaining pure white character tendency to get the ring from the monumental....I have tried to get online as blue phantom to help a summoner kill a Black Phantmon in their world but I dont think thats gonna work.... I can't get invaded cause I already killed all bosses not to mention I dont think this game has a big online population...

wiki says people with a red eye stone can invade me but I am not sure this is possible even with all the bosses dead. anyone knows this?

platinumed the game already so you guys know how all this works and should have the Red Eye Stone that comes at the end of the game.

would someone please have mercy and help me out here getting the Pure White character tendency? should probably take no more than 10 minutes if it works. just send me a PM if you can help.

not sure how the game will make us find each other but I guess that password feature works? I am in central europe but I'd be willing to do this at any time.

thanks in advance
I don't have the game installed currently but yes you can still get invaded even if the boss in whatever area you're in has been killed. Best to search online for best spot for getting invaded, i'm guessing maybe Shrine of Storm of Gates of Boletaria are good but I didn't bother with invasions during my runthrough.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
hi There everyone...

thanks in advance

I deleted my save after I was done, so I won't be able to help you out I'm afraid.
I had the same issue as you and I did a boosting session with someone I met on PSNProfiles.
I remember it being real finicky with the password system, but eventually we managed to make it work.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
hi There everyone...

thanks in advance
I can give this a go if needed, would need to do a reinstall, but I recall having a hard time trying to matchmake with a random from PSNP for something (possibly just the invade-and-kill trophy) due to level differences.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
Posting here to just got to 10K
F_UAQXWXgAEeGfp

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
Catching up since last time...

Platinum #169: Mortal Kombat X (PS4). Thankfully nowhere near as bad as MK9. Really enjoy Netherrealm's Trophy Lists, except for a few particular cases. I have MK11 on the backburner, as well as Injustice 1 and 2. I'll get to them eventually.

Platinum #170: Quake (PS4): I have nothing good to say about this game. It is literally my most hated game of all time. I simply can't stand it. I can find no redeeming qualities in it.

Platinum #171: Quake (PS5). Same.

Platinum #172: Spider-Man 2 (PS5). My GOTY. What an absolutely amazing, spectacular, superior, friendly-neighbor experience.

Platinum #173: GTA III (Classic) (PS4). Meh. A case example of a defining game that aged poorly. Oh, so, very, very poorly. Playing it is a chore.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I don't have the game installed currently but yes you can still get invaded even if the boss in whatever area you're in has been killed. Best to search online for best spot for getting invaded, i'm guessing maybe Shrine of Storm of Gates of Boletaria are good but I didn't bother with invasions during my runthrough.

I deleted my save after I was done, so I won't be able to help you out I'm afraid.
I had the same issue as you and I did a boosting session with someone I met on PSNProfiles.
I remember it being real finicky with the password system, but eventually we managed to make it work.

I can give this a go if needed, would need to do a reinstall, but I recall having a hard time trying to matchmake with a random from PSNP for something (possibly just the invade-and-kill trophy) due to level differences.

thanks everyone for your replies.

turns out I "panicked" too early. I read the guide fiurther and the world and character tendencies carry over to the new game plus and all the enemies I needed for the character tendecy were there again immediately. I needed to kill a lot of the bosses again for the spell trophy so I didn't lose time or anything. Yesterday I got my shiny platinum.

thanks Daggoth for offering help,

I will add, the whole game felt a lot easier compared to Bloodborne and a walk in the park compared to Sekiro. Those are the 3 FROM games I have platinumed and Sekiro holy shit, that's on another level.

Demon's souls is a great start in the souls formula, it shows that it is the blueprint for all the games that came after it.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
thanks everyone for your replies.

turns out I "panicked" too early. I read the guide fiurther and the world and character tendencies carry over to the new game plus and all the enemies I needed for the character tendecy were there again immediately. I needed to kill a lot of the bosses again for the spell trophy so I didn't lose time or anything. Yesterday I got my shiny platinum.

thanks Daggoth for offering help,

I will add, the whole game felt a lot easier compared to Bloodborne and a walk in the park compared to Sekiro. Those are the 3 FROM games I have platinumed and Sekiro holy shit, that's on another level.

Demon's souls is a great start in the souls formula, it shows that it is the blueprint for all the games that came after it.
Congrats on the platinum buddy!

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Thought this was interesting, I am apparently only the 18th tracked person to get all the achievements in Forspoken. Kinda figured it would be way higher. I dont think i've seen any AAA game that low before, and only 202 tracked people total.

L8GHdnH.jpg

Really enjoyed the main story in the game btw, but it has to have the most unnecessary huge open world i've ever seen. it's massive. And the story probably only takes you through less than 50% of it.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Are there 2 people interested in grinding for the Ghost of Tsushima platinum together? One ERA member and I are very interested.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Probably last update of the year:

Platinum #309 - Borderlands 2 (PS4): Decided to work on PS4 version after Platinum'ing/100% Borderlands Pre Sequel on PS3. I need to go back for the 100% later.

Platinum #310 - Borderlands Pre Sequel (PS4): Ended using two different saves for my main character for the Platinum. Most of it autopopped but some didn't. Just got 4 trophies left for the 100%.

Platinum #311 - Jack N Jill DX (PS4/Asian Region): After doing grindy games, nice easy break. Game is actually fun and looks like it was on Game Boy.

Platinum #312 - Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3): Decided to work on this. Platinum actually a bit of fun. Now I'm done with PS3 versions of Assassin's Creed (except for Black Flag, which I'm not sure Sharing Is Caring is working), I'll start on PS4 versions with Assassin's Creed Unity after the new year.

Platinum #313 - Sniper Elite V2 (PS3): Did the online trophies years ago, so I went back for the Platinum. PS4 version is a bit tough to Platinum. Actually fun to have done.

Platinum #314 - Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 (PS3): Did the online trophies in 2022 so I went back for the Platinum. Still got the DLC to do.

Platinum #315 - ZJ The Ball Level 2 (PS4): Not really a game. Took about 10 minutes to Platinum.

I'm working on The Crew and hoping to Platinum it soon, but it may take me until after start of 2024 to do it.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Trophy wise, 2023 was my best year yet, managed to get 55 plats and several 100%'s.
Played a lot of games on the new PS+, but also cleared a fair amount of backlog games that were stuck on 1% on my profile.

My list for this year, favorite games in bold:

#206 The Council
#207 Foreclosed
#208 Last Stop
#209 Omno
#210 Hades (PS5)
#211 Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
#212 Nioh 2 (PS5)
#213 Nioh 2 (PS4)
#214 Outriders (PS5)
#215 Outriders (PS4)
#216 Minecraft Dungeons
#217 Life is Strange 2
#218 Life is Strange: TrueColors (PS5)
#219 Tails of Iron
#220 Ghostwire: Tokyo
#221 Immortals Fenyx Rising
#222 Kena: Bridge of Spirits
#223 Mass Effect 3
#224 Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
#225 Lake
#226 The Light in the Darkness
#227 Chorus
#228 Watch dogs: Legion
#229 My Friend Peppa Pig (PS5)
#230 DC League of Superpets
#231 Bee Simulator
#232 Tacoma
#233 The Deadly Tower of Monsters
#234 Hades (PS4)
#235 Endling: Extinction is Forever
#236 My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure
#237 The Wild at Heart
#238 It Takes Two
#239 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS5)
#240 Cozy Grove (PS4)
#241 Cozy Grove (PS5)
#242 Puzzle Journey
#243 Goosebumps: The Game
#244 Destroy All Humans! 2 Reprobed
#245 Unpacking (PS5)
#246 Bunny Raiders
#247 Unpacking (PS4)
#248 Ether One
#249 Moving Out
#250 Day of the Tentacle
#251 Call of Cthulhu
#252 Call of the Sea
#253 Halloween Puzzle
#254 My Friend Peppa Pig (PS4)
#255 PJ Masks: Heroes of the Night
#256 Diablo IV
#257 Life is Strange: True Colors (PS4)
#258 The Callisto Protocol
#259 Röki
#260 Metal: Hellsinger

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Only 12 platinums last year

Toem
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves collection
Dbz: Kakarot
Goat Simulator
Pubg
Dead by daylight
Pinball heroes
Horizon forbidden west
Unpacking
Far cry 6
Ghostwire Tokyo
Tinykin

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017

I am about to start this, since it just appeared for free on Extra.

Do you know if there's some sort of missable/one-chance-per-playthrough component in order to get the platinum??

Going completely blind into it, I haven't even seen gameplay or a trailer. Basically I am wondering if I should just relax and play or look into a guide right away.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I am about to start this, since it just appeared for free on Extra.

Do you know if there's some sort of missable/one-chance-per-playthrough component in order to get the platinum??

Going completely blind into it, I haven't even seen gameplay or a trailer. Basically I am wondering if I should just relax and play or look into a guide right away.
Na, there's only 1 potential missable but it's super easy and quick to do and you can do it at any point of the game. The whole game is basically a collectathon but you can revisit every "room" (level) at any time so if you missed a collectable in a level don't stress, you can go back to it.

The "missable" trophy is:

Sniper: Hatch a tinykin egg using another tinykin.

I say it's missable because you're most likely going to be just running over the eggs to hatch them like me, there's not much point throwing a tinykin at an egg to hatch it.
So technically if you hatch all the eggs by running over it, by the end of the game you won't have any left to throw at, hence it being missable.

But there's literally hundreds of eggs so don't worry about it. Worst case scenario you forget to do it and you can just restart the game and do it within the first 2 min

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Got my first 100% for the year, Sea of Stars! Beat it a few weeks ago but just been going through, slowly cleaning up and getting the remaining achievements I had left.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Asscreed Mirage's platinum. It was really nice and refreshing playing a classic style asscreed that didn't have tons of bloat like the last few main entries had.

Platinums for the year:
God of War Ragnarok
Obduction
Axiom Verge 2
Even the Ocean
Tunic
Final Fantasy I-V
Sephonie
Sea Of Stars
Jedi Survivor
Blasphemous
Alan Wake 2
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Asscreed Mirage

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
Platinum #174: Dead Space Remake (PS5). I enjoyed it, though having to go through it three times kinda worn me off by the end (Normal, NG+, Impossible). Chapter 12 is pretty boring, too. I liked it, but it didn't blow me away like it did for so many last year.

Platinum #175: OMNO (PS4). Great little game. The perfect palate cleanser after DSR. Very chill, zero combat, relaxing puzzles and a nice, sweet minimalist story. It's leaving PS+ Extra in a few days, but it can be Platted in about 2 or 3 hours.

Platinum #176: Return of the Obra Dinn (PS4). Great game. I finished Case of the Golden Idol on PC earlier this week and needed something to scratch the mystery itch. It took me around 12 hours to do everything (without a guide or outside help!).

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing way too much stuff on the side - and I'm having doubts as to whether or not 499 before Rebirth comes out is doable. Still plugging away at it. I'll keep this post as short as possible!

63 platinums last year which was a record. Latest gets:

#476 - Crysis Remastered
#477 - Crysis 2 Remastered
#478 - Crysis 3 Remastered

This trilogy is so strange. I think most would say the first part of the first game is the best, and I'd agree - were it not for the broken-ass stealth mechanics. I genuinely don't think it was a mistake to pivot the way the following games did, but it came at the cost of what made this series so unique in the first place. Fun, easy plats, mostly.

#479 (PS4), #480 (PS5) - Death's Door
Not great, but decent enough.

#481 - Walkabout Mini Golf
If you have a PSVR2, you're required by law to play this. Some tracking issues aside, it's fantastic, and good exercise (for me, anyway!)

#482 (PS4), #493 (PS5) - Quake II
Didn't enjoy this anywhere near as much as Quake, which was surprising. I think it mostly had to do with both the "Unit" level design, and the military theme, which has been done to death in the past decade or two.

#483 - The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
Decent enough. Platinum is a pain in the bum.

#484 (PS4) - Kingdom Hearts
#485 (PS4) - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
#490 (PS4) - Kingdom Hearts II

KH2 was actually my first completion, and after that experience (and BBS which is a long-term project), I no longer have any complaints about RECOM's platinum, because HOLY FUCK this is no joke. Kill me please

#486 (PS5), #487 (PS4) - The Callisto Protocol
Great looks, shame about the everything else

#488 - Call of Cthulhu
This isn't a great game - or even a good game - but I liked it. Desperately needed more polish.

#489 (PS5) - Hotline Miami
The PS5 version is ass and ruins what is otherwise a pretty good game.

#491 - Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
The PS5 version is ass. No, really - the subtitles are wrong about 50% of the time. Plays and looks good, though. I still maintain that UC4's direction (optional conversations, interactables in the world) was a mistake; they learnt the wrong lessons from TLOU.

#492 - Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
I borrowed it, so no +1 for you, Insomniac! It's fine.

#494 (PS5) - Resident Evil 4
I waited for the VR patch before playing this. Fantastic game, but the original is better. My major complaint is the knife parry mechanic - why was it necessary? If it's due to the frantic speed of the game now, that's a design flaw elsewhere IMO. Otherwise, great stuff.

Aranikasu44

Dec 3, 2018
I've had 5 platinums in the last two months.

Cyberpunk 2077
Spiderman MM
Spiderman 2
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
MotoGP 23

Currently finishing Yakuza 7 before moving onto MotoGP 22 and then LAD Infinite Wealth.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm off to a strong start.

Quake 2
Ratchet & Clank into the Nexus
Peggle 2
Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R (don't judge me!)
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (ps3)

Currently playing jedi survivor, will 100% get that this week.

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
I did a thing. It's not a Platinum, though. It's only 3,520,485,254 XP.

uY0ajP9.jpg

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
... how long did this take and/or was the PC version involved in any way

Well, my PS5 shows 300 hours played so far. I started with a summoner necro that I took all the way to 96, but the kill speed was awfully slow, so I switched to a Mosaic assassin. I did reuse a ton of equipment from my necro, so all that grinding and farming was put to good use at least. I'd say that around 200 hours were spent on this character specifically.

All this was done on a solo self-found offline character. If you're going for the level 99 Trophies, I think you have to do it offline. You can't take the risk of random lag spike or disconnect wiping away all your progress. And if you want to save as much "real life" time as possible, you need to change the clock to grind the best Terror Zones without having to rely on the online schedule. If you don't, you're looking at months and months of grinding simply to be able to take advantage of the best grinding spots.

I'm still missing the Trophies for beating Hell with the rest of the classes, so I'll be doing that on PC and simply beating Bhaal with them on PS4.

... and then, in the future, I'll go for the PS5 Plat as well :)

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
I've been stuck for a while on the FFVII Remake Intergrade Intermission DLC, trying to beat the Top Secrets simulator fight in chapter 2. I've got basically all my materia maxed out, and I've tried several strategies and builds and I just can't beat Pride and Joy at the end. I sort of have Bahamut and Ramuh down, but they're such a pain to keep having to deal with only to fail once I get to P&J. I've redone the same 8 minutes of fighting countless times at this point, and I don't think my fingers can keep up any more.

My goal was to finally finish up the trophies for this before Rebirth comes out but all the hard mode stuff has been such a slog for me and seeing that the new game also has the hard mode trophy has left me feeling pretty deflated. Part of me is hoping that this is one of those cases where asking for help is the last bit of energy the universe needed from me to suddenly just let me beat this.

I still have the box challenge and Weiss to look forward to as well. Joy. Anyway I'd really appreciate it if anyone is willing to lend a hand or maybe has a foolproof strategy I might not have already tried.

EDIT: SOOOOO APPARENTLY this whole time, Parry wasn't working properly. I don't know what I did but it's working now and is definitely a game changer. I can't believe I got through so much of this without Parry. No wonder my health was getting shredded anyway. Wow. So yeah I beat it first try after solving that issue.

Anyway, for me, The Last of Us Part II Remastered was my 250th platinum. I've managed to make most of my milestones Naughty Dog games.

#1: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#100: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
#200: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
#250: The Last of Us Part II Remastered

I sort of wish I'd been able to keep the milestones all Uncharted related, but eventually I would have run out of games to commit to milestones anyway.

Last edited:

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
Platinum #177: Immortality (PS5). Meh. Didn't like it when it first released, didn't like it now. The gameplay is simply too bad, and the story is a total letdown. I was the 9th person to get the Plat according to PSNP, so that's cool at least.

Platinum #178: Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2 (PS4). I had this one in the backburner for a while. Really liked it!

Platinum #179: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4). Another game I had been meaning to plat for a while. Did everything legit, even MHC, which wasn't as difficult I as remembered it.

Platinum #180: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (PS4). I was in the mood for more MW, I guess. Having to replay the whole thing for the "Immortal!" trophy was a bit of a drag, especially when I would die from a random grenade or explosion towards the end of some missions, but it was OK overall. Better game than 1, if you ask me.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #495 (PS4) - Resident Evil 4
Nothing to add from above really. Runs decently enough on a PS5.

Platinum #496 (PS4) - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
I hate my life and everyone in it

Platinum #497 (PS4) - Rollerdrome
If you are capable of passing the ninth level without turning the assists on, you're either a liar or YOU ARE NOT HUMAN. Seriously, this game ramps from "this looks ... maybe interesting in a bad way kinda?" to "what the hell is this bullshit" excessively quickly. I got to that level and tapped out. Once the assists are on, then it's just a grind for points, challenges and other miscellaneous stuff.

It's not terrible, it's just not particularly fun. The platinum does need a bit of work but it's not terribly difficult.

Platinum #498 (PS4) - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Platinum #499 (PS5) - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Hmm. It's solid, but for whatever reason, I found the main game to be a bit more engaging plot-wise. Thankfully they toned down the crime-collectathons so the platinum's a bit quicker. Still a lot of fun and worth playing.

Right, I'm disappearing for a bit. #300 was FF7 Remake, #400 was also FF7 Remake, #500 will probably be Duck Souls+ or something

Last edited:

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
has anyone platinumed Tchia recently?

I wanted to get to it before it leaves PS+ but I am reading some trophies remained buggy even after the last patch....

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Platinum #316 - Santa Claus (PS4). Did this on Christmas. One of those easy Platinums.

Platinum #317 - The Crew (PS4). Finally did this after about 3 weeks. I was concerned that the servers would shut down early on me, so I was a mission to get this done.

Platinum #318 - Far Cry 4 (PS4). The servers started working again in January so I got both of the online trophies done. Then I went through the campaign and got the 100% too.

Platinum #319 - Far Cry 4 (PS3). Same as PS4 version with doing it due to the servers coming back up.

Platinum #320 - Watch Dogs 2 (PS4). I somewhat think the servers for this will shut down in the next year or so. I just have 1 trophy left for the 100%.

Platinum #321 - Meadow Gallop (PS4)
Platinum #322 - 20 Bunnies (PS4)
Platinum #323 - 20 Bunnies (PS5)
Platinum #324 - Zippy The Circle Levels 1 & 2 (PS4) - all easy Platinums. I did it while PlayStation Access (a YouTube channel I follow) was doing a Platinum hunting stream.

Platinum #325 - Resistance Retribution (PS4). Game hasn't aged well at all. The controls aren't that good on PS4. Sadly, no autopop with PS5 version.

Next up for me: The Crew 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Soul Calibur II HD Online, Ratchet Deadlocked, Killzone, The Evil Within (finally doing it), Final Fantasy XIII (finally going to finish this). All this may change