• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
First completion on Origin:

1o9VP2k.png

Dashes were a fun challenge.

15th Platinum (Gravity Rush Remastered):

1Lbfed98.png

Very easy (except for one the DLC challenge) and fun.

Also:

RM41hCd.png

Base game completed, I'm waiting for The Coalition to fix the PC version to do the latest Horde achievements.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
yeah this seems good too.

thanks everyone, will do a little research before deciding.(no bugs, unobtainable trophies, luck-based trophies, platinums, length etc)

Apotheon is pretty buggy. Every time you open a lockbox or travel to a new area there's a chance that the game crashes. If you decide to go for the platinum (it's a good game and an easy platinum) make sure to save often.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Hey TrophyEra, longtime roamer, first time Trophy Hunter. I was a big achievement whore in online games (especially WoW) but with a full-time job I've decided to Transfer over from MMO Achievement Hunting to PS4 Platinum Hunting...

Pendas_Amarant.png

Not very impressive so far but I'm working on Improving my scorecard. Got my first two Platinum Trophies for Dark Souls and God of War. I'm working on getting Kingdom Hearts now then will probably hit up some classics I haven't had time to play like Crash, Horizon, rest of the KH series, while dipping my toes in some Indie games like Hollow Knight and Hat in Time. Look forward to sharing my progress and experience with you guys!

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Platinum #74 - LittleBigPlanet Karting
With the server closure coming up I decided to finish this off since it seemed pretty reasonable / not too grindy. Was thinking of doing the same with Starhawk since it is closing as well, but that seems more annoying so like Killzone 2 I think I just wont bother.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Fallout Shelter - #252

4v4rjd.jpg

Not bad for a free game. It still took ages even using the skip time trick though.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout Shelter - #252

Not bad for a free game. It still took ages even using the skip time trick though.

How long is ages? The guide I've looked at said 30-50 hours, but I'm guessing that's active playtime. Without XMB manipulation .... what do you reckon? Weeks? Months?

I've only done a time skip for one trophy (growing the Lunar Tear in Nier) because 48hr RNG attempts are not fun, and I felt filthy afterwards about it.

New plats:

Platinum #219 - Dark Souls Remastered

I wish they'd done a bit more with this game. Not sure exactly what, though ... different (optional / remix mode) mob locations? Item restrictions? A simple 60fps 1080p upscale just doesn't seem enough. Still one of the GOATs though.

Platinum #220 - Torment: Tides of Numenera

Hooooooooo boy. Firstly and quite importantly, if you are looking for a spiritual successor AND a good game worthy of a certain other game from the 90's that was also called Torment, look elsewhere. This ain't it.

The writing is good, but nothing else holds up. Quest lines, the protagonist, companions, combat ... it's all so soulless. It's buggy as hell; purchased skills sometimes would just not work, quests would bug out, those loading times. It's ridiculously easy. If you've defeated Divinity OS on any difficulty, you can sleepwalk through this game.

I like the fact that you can get through the game with (I think) only 3 forced encounters, with the right choices. One of which is a tutorial, and the third can just be skipped until it ends. But this game just doesn't push you at all. It's not engaging.

Secondly and more importantly, some of the trophies in this game are just absolute crap designed to waste time. They'll ask you to replay the game with all companions, make certain decisions involving them, but they must also mesh with other decisions that you've made ... and it's tedious as hell.
An example involves solving a puzzle to repair an item near the very start of the game. Succeeded? Great! You've now locked yourself out of a trophy that doesn't pop until the end of the game at absolute earliest, provided you also got six other similar checkboxes ticked. Most of them don't have absurd requirements like that, which makes this all the more frustrating.

For future generations, I'm putting what I did for the Memovira trophy here, as there's no clear guide for it anywhere on the internets.
This post appears to be accurate. For my successful playthrough - second attempt - this was playing with a Silver/Blue dominant tide, Aligern liked me, Matkina was forgiving, Oom was I don't even know. Hard save after the first Dracogen conversation in the bloom. I failed the initial concentration check.

1) Convinced the vendor lady to go back into the Bloom

2a) Got Inkpot's quest
2b) Destroyed Ioxu's machine, then Ioxu and the Construct. I believe it is critical that you do this FIRST, as attacking Ioxu first seems to not give you the right option to destroy the machine afterwards. I didn't see Maws spawn when going for him first either. Also, didn't hit the maws
2c) Turned in that quest
2d) Killed the two vendors
2e) Opened the cyst but did NOT take the hilt

3a) Murden tunnels - paid them to move aside
3b) Lied and led the thugs to their death
3c) Opened the treasure room by pushing the guy back in to feed the maw, and looted everything including the cursed shins

4) Slept at the shrine to drop the debuff

5a) In Little Whatever, attacked the thugs immediately, sided with the mutants
5b) Fed Wondor to Aen-whoever
5c) Did the quest involving the mutant in the tank, to feed the prisoner to the maw - but stopped there

6) In the upper right area, intimidated the guard captain to enter the maw

7) Blasted through the Ascension - didn't speak to anyone except the crystal, passed checks for the Annulet, pased check on the way back to avoid combat

8) Bloom tongues fed on me, took control, absorbed memories of the dead. This is critical, it will specifically say the Bloom approves of your actions if you chose the right one.

9) Turned in the Annulet

10) Fed Matkina to the maw at the shrine. I was in a hurry

11a) Stealth backed away from combat
11b) Bloom tongues fed on me, took control, forced combatants elsewhere
11c) Searched the construct for sealant and sealant
11d) Spoke to both people (not the murden) to sacrifice the dude and open the maw. Did not enter it
11e) Use the sealant items to open the whirlpool, jumped down, took damage.

That's ALL I did. If it's not above, it wasn't done. No slavery, no excessive murder, one solitary crisis, didn't touch Waits-for-prey. If done right, you will get a message saying the Bloom welcomes you when you stand up after going down the whirlpool. If a crisis initiates, it's no good.

And then there's the one where you have to get your party to hate you. Should be easy, Hate opportunities are few and far between for this particular RPG, and they're either a very small increase, or a massive increase that also includes a chance of permanently losing that party member, which breaks the trophy. So it turns into a game of trying to min/max how much they hate you. Fun! Required an entirely separate playthrough at the end.

I want to like this but CHRIST it's got problems. Rant off

Last edited:

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
How long is ages? The guide I've looked at said 30-50 hours, but I'm guessing that's active playtime. Without XMB manipulation .... what do you reckon? Weeks? Months?

Easily months if you don't use the time trick. Some missions take days to finish if you just let them run on their own.

My time using it was 37 hours. So that was still a fair bit.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Just got Dark Souls 3 platinum. I got this game when it came out. Did everything but the miracle and ring trophy near release. The fucking Darkmoon covenant really killed my enjoyment of getting this trophy.

After a very long break and after the Dark Souls 1 Remastered platinum came easy, I decided to come back to 3 and finish it. I farmed for what felt like days and finally finished the darkmoon covenant. I still needed to do the Watchdogs and Rosaria covenants for their rings for the platinum, along with a few other NG++ rings. Luckily, tonight I met someone and decided to message them and ask if they could give me the rings I'm missing (around 10) and they were very kind and helpful. Finally got the platinum.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Got the platinum for Nioh, had good fun with it despite a few flaws, figured I would speed through the DLC for the 100% not realising there is a trophy for beating every mission on Way of the Demon difficulty (NG++) sped through to get there and boy does the difficulty ramp. So many things kill me in one hit and I'm level 196. *sigh*

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Got the platinum for Nioh, had good fun with it despite a few flaws, figured I would speed through the DLC for the 100% not realising there is a trophy for beating every mission on Way of the Demon difficulty (NG++) sped through to get there and boy does the difficulty ramp. So many things kill me in one hit and I'm level 196. *sigh*
How long did it take you for the plat? Is it long like a souls game or can it be done in one playthrough?

Thanks.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
How long did it take you for the plat? Is it long like a souls game or can it be done in one playthrough?

Thanks.
You can do it in one playthrough, it's mission based so you can replay levels as much as you want and even when you get to ng+ you can swap back to your previous playthrough as you want. It took me about 90 hours but I imagine you could do it way faster, I just liked playing co-op with people which took a lot of the time up for little gain really.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Been borrowing a friends PS4 so I have been knocking out a lot of stuff.

Plat #75 - inFamous Second Son
Decent, not as good as 1 or 2 I thought, felt a little unfocused and shallow.

Plat #76 - inFamous First Light
Thought it was a lot better then Second Son. Controls were tighter, while smaller is scope it was more well rounded. Challenge arenas were a fun addition.

100% - Minefield NA
Easy and free 100%, took me less then 30 minutes so why not?

100% - Minefield EU
Was so easy that when I saw the EU version had a separate list I just did it again. Took less then 20 minutes second time around.

100% - The Unfinished Swan
I have perviously gotten both the PS3 and Vita versions done. So now its a trifecta. Can you tell I like double or triple stacks?

100% - Deliriant
Ugh I regret this one. Super easy, but such a bad game, I feel dirty for having bought it, even if it was cheap. I normally like supporting small experimental games, but this was just a cheap cash grab. Avoid, not worth the trophies.

Plat #77 - The Order: 1866
So much potential in this game. Clearly pushed out too soon. Shame we probably won't get a sequel that improves upon it. Easy enough though.

As for what I am working on, will have Journey PS4 done next week, I have gone back to LBP1 after being inspired by finishing Karting, and I need to boost the remaining online trophies in hustle kings PS3 before the server closure.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
GRRRRRRR, this FFIX trophy for watching the 3 brothers dance around is driving me crazy. I've managed to pick the wrong dude on the last freaking one twice now and I don't know how much more I can bare (bear?). I've tried the pause thing, doesn't really work, and I've tried the ps4 capture thing, works pretty good but this is what got me on the last one. My last option is to try the slow mo recording thing but for some reason my phone won't record more than a second of footage. I have to do another playthrough anyway but I really wanted to knock this one out while I was here. Ugh.

/rant.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #81: Cat Quest
1L10438f.png

Le PlatinumTrophy

First plat i got since the month of May. This one was fun from start to finish, a good 10-12h should be enough for 100%. The game itself was adorable and really addicting to play despite it's simplicity! I recommend it if you're looking for a game that's quick and fun to play. Excited for the sequel coming out in 2019.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #88 - Aer
Pretty, good OST. Story is predictable and the flying mechanic can go eat a big dick.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #221 - I Am Setsuna.

Ugh. Looked lovely and played all right, but everything else about this seemed so ... generic? It reminded me of Rainbow Moon, and that's not a good thing.

It's clear they were pulling hard on Chrono Trigger nostalgia, but given that I can barely remember anything about it two weeks later (and that was with paying attention, not rushing!), that's a failure in my book.

Platinum #222 - Zombie Driver HD

I ... liked it? I mean, Blood Race was terrible and Slaughter Mode's last level can die in a fire, but story mode was alright (I didn't pay any real attention to the story) and the mechanics felt solid enough. Not something I'd recommend but decent for PS+.

Currently working on DMC4.
I had this in the PS3 days but never really played it - only passed the game on easy and that was it, there were no trophies back then. I've since platinumed DMC1, DMC3, and something inbetween those, and I'm getting there on DMC4 very slowly. Just finished all S ranks now, onto Bloody Palace next. It's wrecking my eyes and hands though :(

Dec 7, 2017
Platinum #221 - I Am Setsuna.

Ugh. Looked lovely and played all right, but everything else about this seemed so ... generic? It reminded me of Rainbow Moon, and that's not a good thing.

It's clear they were pulling hard on Chrono Trigger nostalgia, but given that I can barely remember anything about it two weeks later (and that was with paying attention, not rushing!), that's a failure in my book.

Platinum #222 - Zombie Driver HD

I ... liked it? I mean, Blood Race was terrible and Slaughter Mode's last level can die in a fire, but story mode was alright (I didn't pay any real attention to the story) and the mechanics felt solid enough. Not something I'd recommend but decent for PS+.

Currently working on DMC4.
I had this in the PS3 days but never really played it - only passed the game on easy and that was it, there were no trophies back then. I've since platinumed DMC1, DMC3, and something inbetween those, and I'm getting there on DMC4 very slowly. Just finished all S ranks now, onto Bloody Palace next. It's wrecking my eyes and hands though :(
Dude! Props to you for even attempting DMC4, that game is hell difficult, or at least it is for me ahaha, how difficult was DMC3? That's a game that I love but am also pretty bad at(Never finished above hard mode iirc)

As for me,
Platinum #9
Need for Speed(2015)
Solid game, doesn't really do anything too fancy but it was really enjoyable simple platinum and the other racers didn't rubberband too much for me thankfully so I could finish it aha.

Platinum #10
Ratchet and Clank(2016)
Didn't like it as much as the original on the PS2, didn't have the same heart to it but I did like the shootin' gameplay, although the groovitron made everything a bit too easy so I had to force myself to stop using that in order to make it a bit trickier.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Plat #78 - LittleBigPlanet
8 years and 50 weeks in the making I finally finished this up. Completing LBP Karting a few weeks back is what made me want to do it. I guess I should continue with LBP Vita, or start with 2.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Plat #78 - LittleBigPlanet
8 years and 50 weeks in the making I finally finished this up. Completing LBP Karting a few weeks back is what made me want to do it. I guess I should continue with LBP Vita, or start with 2.
Ha! Well done! I remember some of the levels for beating without dying were quite tough.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Ha! Well done! I remember some of the levels for beating without dying were quite tough.
Thanks man! It feels like a real accomplishment for once.

The Bunker is the one that stops most people, and is talked about being the hardest. But while difficult it always felt like I was improving. It was the levels in the Canyons that made me want to tear my hair out. Deaths felt random in those levels. Good thing that I am already bald.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks man! It feels like a real accomplishment for once.

The Bunker is the one that stops most people, and is talked about being the hardest. But while difficult it always felt like I was improving. It was the levels in the Canyons that made me want to tear my hair out. Deaths felt random in those levels. Good thing that I am already bald.
Ha ha, small blessing I suppose XD

You going to go straight into two? I never played it despite loving the original.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Ha ha, small blessing I suppose XD

You going to go straight into two? I never played it despite loving the original.

Probably not straight away, I have 50% of the trophies for LittleBigPlanet Vita, so I will knock that out first, plus I am borrowing my friends PS4 at the moment so I want to knock out God of War before I have to return it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It has been almost a year since I played a game on my main account, Platinum #162 - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Dude! Props to you for even attempting DMC4, that game is hell difficult, or at least it is for me ahaha, how difficult was DMC3? That's a game that I love but am also pretty bad at(Never finished above hard mode iirc)

From my records, about two to three weeks for DMC3. Fortunately that one only asks for S ranks for each mission on any difficulty, and not DMD / other difficulties below that. Still, that would've been 2-3 full weeks of not much else.
Edit: misread. It was difficult. Once normal was ground out over a week with most of the optional stuff, it took 1-2 days for each difficulty level above that.

Also just realised that those platinums don't seem to be crossed over with PS4 ... hmm. If the port didn't suck I'd consider a re-purchase.

DMC4 is on hold for a bit. I just need to do BP with Nero (super), Vergil, and Trish ... and then I'm done ... but inbetween taking multiple hours per failed attempt and the fact that I'm really not good at this game (Trish in particular is going to be a nightmare), I'm going to take my time.

Platinum #223 - Tumble VR

Decent. Mostly easy and almost everything is ultra-rare. Had this on PS3 with the Move controller but never really got into it.
I hope VR is not dead yet :(

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
100% #174 - Shutshimi
Got this for free from IGCParty on twitter. Was a fun little shmup, A few trophies are luck based so they were kinda annoying, but overall not too bad.

100% #175 - Altered Beast
I have been going back and getting some easy trophies in old PS3 games that I for some reason skipped back in the day, trying to up my completion percentage a little. Only needed 2 trophies to clean this up so just went ahead and got it done. Hopefully I can finish up a few other PS3 games as well.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #220

South Park: Fractured but Whole -
Finished this one last night. Pretty easy platinum with nothing really missable except one difficulty trophy. The game was pretty fun though I feel it kind of fell apart a bit in the last quarter with fights taking too long and the story dragging.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #220

South Park: Fractured but Whole -
Finished this one last night. Pretty easy platinum with nothing really missable except one difficulty trophy. The game was pretty fun though I feel it kind of fell apart a bit in the last quarter with fights taking too long and the story dragging.

There is one thing that's annoyingly missable. The trophy for using all the buddies ultimate attacks counts Craig, Tweek, and Craig+Tweek as three different ultimates, but once you have access to Craig+Tweek, you lose access to the previous two. If you didn't use either of them before that point, there's no way to get credit aside from another playthrough.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
There is one thing that's annoyingly missable. The trophy for using all the buddies ultimate attacks counts Craig, Tweek, and Craig+Tweek as three different ultimates, but once you have access to Craig+Tweek, you lose access to the previous two. If you didn't use either of them before that point, there's no way to get credit aside from another playthrough.
That isn't true. You just need to do one per character, doesn't matter for Tweek and Craig if it's their individual or combined special as long as both of them do one at some point :)

Pretty sure the Token difficulty trophy is the only missable trophy in the game.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
That isn't true. You just need to do one per character, doesn't matter for Tweek and Craig if it's their individual or combined special as long as both of them do one at some point :)

Pretty sure the Token difficulty trophy is the only missable trophy in the game.

Oh? Maybe I saw it and just assumed...I'll give it a try, thanks.

For anyone still working on it, Token difficulty isn't hard, but is still made easier by having the DLC class and companion.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout Shelter - #252

Even with the time skip it takes a while? Damn it, I finished adventure capitalist a few weeks ago and that took forever with the trick as well. I just did clicker heroes and luckily that only took like 2ish days with the majority of the time spent looking online for more glitches(which I did find :D).

I went back and cleaned up the first Star Wars Battlefront since I was an idiot and bought the ultimate edition for that game for $10 just to find out it was on a voucher. Playing multiplayer games years later is painful with how dead the servers are, especially when you have like 15 different modes and 20 maps.

RyoonZ

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#350 ~ Shadow of the Colossus

Masterpiece, I played this on PS2 when I was a kid but I can't figure how to beat the first Colossus and with no internet and none of my friend played it, I dropped the game. Feels so good experiencing this masterpiece for the first time. I hope Ico get this treatment, I haven't played that as well.

DiudxPqVAAAbVni.jpg:large

Dec 7, 2017
Platinum #11-13
Tekken 7 - Really enjoyed this! Such a fun fighting game, loved Tekken on PS2 and PS3, but fell out of touch with it for a while but it's definitely grabbed my attention again and reminded me why I loved it so much in the first place, such an absolute joy to platinum aside from the 50k damage in practice mode, that was the only one I had to grind, everything else I got just through naturally playing the game!
Wolfenstein The New Order - This one I didn't have many trophies left to get, I did a bunch of it last year but due to moving out, school starting up, etc, I forgot to get the last few trophies on it, but now I have thankfully! ^_^
Batman: TellTale Series Season 1 - Brother had this thanks to PSPlus, it was a bit buggy at times with quite a few crashes and weird texture glitches, but I liked it enough to power through it and I also ended up buying S2 brand new aha, so that's probably gonna be my next platinum!

Currently working on Doom 2016 as well, I've done everything except collect all runes, and the snapmap/multiplayer stuff. Somehow DESPITE getting the trophy for maxing out all the runes, I didn't get the one for obtaining them...sooo ??? Idk what that's about.
Also purchased infamous 1 and inFamous 2 on the PS3, inFamous 1 was the first ever platinum I got on my OG PSN account back in September 2009 so I'm tempted to try and get that platinum again and then do the entire series.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Unexpectedly got the platinum trophy for Seasons After Fall today. Wasn't even aiming for it but the "collectables" are actually easy to find in the game and not too numerous. The rest of them were just playing the game. Fun little platformer with a wonderful graphical style.
Should have the plat on Horizon soon as well seeing as I'm only short 2? trophies on that and neither are hard to get. Plus I've enjoyed the game so much that I actually want the plat trophy.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Just got done with Resident Evil 4 (PS4 is now done alongside my PS3 version!).

Still, no Platinum Trophy for one of the greatest/influential games of all time?

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been a while since I posted in here! Got burned out on Trophy Hunting for a while.

Platinum Trophy #116: Rayman Legends

An incredibly long grind, requiring nearly daily play for months, though only a few minutes at a time. Still, it's the greatest platformer of all time and it was always, always fun. Such a good game.

Oct 26, 2017
Platinum #137: Absolver

Even though there's a bit of PvE content this is 100% a PvP/competitive game, I knew that and still decided to give it a try it since it was free. Not my kind of game. I ended up platinuming it only because I got a boosting partner.

Pretty excited about Chasm tonight. List looks fun and like a decent challenge.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared out all of Tales of Monkey Island, currently working on StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People.
Just working with installed stuff, I've got two Sherlock Holmes games and some PSN+ visual novel waiting as well.
Ah ok. I liked Tales of Monkey Island and I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan. The games are pretty good if a little janky. Is it Testament of Sherlock Holmes and Crimes and Punishments? I still have the latest one to play, I think it's Devils Daughter or something.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Ah ok. I liked Tales of Monkey Island and I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan. The games are pretty good if a little janky. Is it Testament of Sherlock Holmes and Crimes and Punishments? I still have the latest one to play, I think it's Devils Daughter or something.

Yep, Testament and Crimes & Punishments. Haven't gotten the newest one yet.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Something I have been doing the last 3 years is go on a year long achievement streak. I just had my one day a year I let it expire... goal being to see how many achievements I get in a year.. so far here are my stats for the end of my third year working this out. Special thanks to my Switch for allowing me to earn xbox achievements while in the hospital and on vacation to keep the streak going last year. Also shout out to TA... amazing website.

I look at it like seasons... had down year in 16-17 but came back strong this last year.

img

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I got my last Let It Die trophy a while ago, and thus completed the base game trophy set.

TDrt9DI.jpg

8zu3BPm.jpg

The best thing was, that collecting everything was rewarded in the game as well, with one Death Metal from each consecutive five stamps, and for completing each of the four magazine volumes. More games should do the same.

The rarity of the hard-to-get trophies also increase the satisfaction.

EY7vf8b.jpg