• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
My longest grinds are probably Fallout 3 or Horizon Zero Dawn, both just over 70 hours. Those were a blast and never a grind though but getting the collectibles in Mafia 2 turned me right off grinding. Man it was so tedious I swore when I got them all I'd never do that again.I'd probably have another dozen plats if I could be bothered.

Horizon was a very fun plat. I'm still debating on whether or not i should get the DLC now. I usually wait for a sale before getting DLC, but i'm tempted. It would also motivate me to do the NG+ run.

Skelatix

Oct 28, 2017
South Africa
Had to be Skyrim. Clocked in eventually at 150 hours due to some quest lines breaking for no reason and being unable to either get rewards from Daedra Gods or unable to progress story.

Was bad enough that it kept me away from the Special Edition.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Adding my name to the list...

Bouncing back and forth between Shadow of War and Destiny 2 right now. Finally got two of the more painful trophies for each over the weekend, so hoping to wrap these up soonish and start Assassin's Creed Origins.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Plat #49, Lego Batman 2, unlocked! Forgot that i even had that game on Vita and that it was only missing 3 trophies, quickly got 'em last night. Super easy, one of the Justice League challenges was really annoying though.

Gonna get my 50th, Paladins, tonight and with that my goal for this year will be reached!

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Add me too. On and off on getting trophies and platinums.

Currently on Gravity Rush, but somewhat unmotivated. Might drop it and beat GoW 2 for another platinum.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Missed this one so far but to be fair, I have been playing so, so, so very little outside of reviews.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Add me. I'm always trying to button up these games of mine.

Currently working on some VR stuff while waiting for Skyrim.

Oct 25, 2017
Sign me up!

oggob

Spirit_Drifter.png

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So yeah
Jak 1 on PS4 is most likely gonna be my 40th Platinum, the first plat. I get after 2-3 years.
After that I'll be working on Dungeon Punks. Unless it gets frustrating later on I'm just gonna beat the game and then move onto something else.
EDIT: Seems PSNProfiles Type 2 card doesn't seem to load my latest trophies?

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Add me, currently cleaning up horizon dlc and ng+ on ultra hard. And maybe finally getting around to doing dark souls 2.

Dominik.png

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Recently Completed (100%)
Dark Souls 2 Vanilla - Steam
Destiny - PS4 (my favorite part is this was my seventh platinum. That is unreasonably satisfying to me lol).
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

So happy to have that last one done. Been trying to get it for ages. One of my favorite games of all time.

Working on
Destiny 2 - PS4 (still lacking the prestige trophy, and I'll consider it 100% once all the DLC is out and completed like I did with Destiny).
Nier: Automata - PS4 (Keep trying to get back to the game. So many things keeping me distracted).

What's next
I plan on also getting the platinum trophy for dark souls 3. Upon doing so I will have every PC, Xbox, and Playstation achievement/trophy in the series (+DeS and BB). I'm not as much of a challenge guy, though I will probably SL1 Dark Souls at some point, and I did a no death and then no bonfire run of DS2 Scholar on PC, so I just like any excuse I can get, any objective to make them fun for me. I also plan on getting the EU platinum for DeS, since I cheesed a ton my first playthrough and feel bad lol.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
oggob Throw me on the leaderboard, glad to be hunting in the new Era!! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

EDIT: my god my completion % has tanked, I was at just under 90 a year or two ago

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Jak 1 on PS4 is most likely gonna be my 40th Platinum, the first plat. I get after 2-3 years.

This is one of the games I've been playing lately, too. I got it as a freebie when I preordered Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, but just started playing it on PS4 about 2 weeks ago. It's still a fun and engaging game, even more than 15 years after its original release on PS2.

I completed the main story on PS2 many, many years ago, but I never actually accomplished everything that the game has to offer, such as collecting all the precursor orbs. I'm going to make a real effort to polish it all off this time around.

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you took people from the other thread I'm probs on the list but just in case. oggob

Recently Completed:
Goat Simulator (PS4) - Only the base game but it was a Mistake
Alien: Isolation (PS4) - Probably one of my favorite horror games from the past 5 years even if it really overstays its welcome after a bit.

Now Playing:
Dead Island: Extraction (PS3) - Chapter 9 of first (hard playthrough), will finish that before running through on Impossible and wrapping up the challenges for the plat.
The Evil Within (PS4) - Currently playing the DLC but debating whether or not to try to plat this before playing 2.

What's next:
Steins;Gate (Vita)
Dead Space 2 (PS3)
The Evil Within 2 (PS4)

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
What's next:
Steins;Gate (Vita)

You're in for a ride - hope you enjoy it :).

Would like to be added to the leaderboard

This is a new account for me, so I've been slowly building it up.

Ratchet and Clank
Sly 1
NieR Automata
Sly 2
Crash Bandicoot
Wolfenstein The New Order
Tales from the Borderlands

Currently working on Transistor. Soon as that done I'm planning on playing Guacamalee and then getting the KH plat for my 10th.

I would be down to make one or help with creating one, but I would rather wait to see if the OP wants to make it himself or not. If he doesn't want to then I wouldn't mind creating it or helping.

It's really, REALLY hard to avoid reading your PSN username in Shirou's voice haha.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1265

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was brought up in the previous thread but will there be a Trophy & Achievement Era discord? I'd start one myself but if someone who knew what they were doing more wanted to that would be great.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Would like to be added to the leaderboard

This is a new account for me, so I've been slowly building it up.

Ratchet and Clank
Sly 1
NieR Automata
Sly 2
Crash Bandicoot
Wolfenstein The New Order
Tales from the Borderlands

Currently working on Transistor. Soon as that done I'm planning on playing Guacamalee and then getting the KH plat for my 10th.

It was brought up in the previous thread but will there be a Trophy & Achievement Era discord? I'd start one myself but if someone who knew what they were doing more wanted to that would be great.
I would be down to make one or help with creating one, but I would rather wait to see if the OP wants to make it himself or not. If he doesn't want to then I wouldn't mind creating it or helping.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
This is one of the games I've been playing lately, too. I got it as a freebie when I preordered Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, but just started playing it on PS4 about 2 weeks ago. It's still a fun and engaging game, even more than 15 years after its original release on PS2.

I completed the main story on PS2 many, many years ago, but I never actually accomplished everything that the game has to offer, such as collecting all the precursor orbs. I'm going to make a real effort to polish it all off this time around.
100%ing Jak 1 is easy, but the most annoying part is missing a handful of Orbs. Made worse if you need to back track XP One thing I can suggest is that when you've picked up some Orbs look around you to make sure there aren't other Orbs around.
Also you can jump by pressing R1 when on the Zoomer. I can't believe I forgot this...

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
You're in for a ride - hope you enjoy it :).

It's really, REALLY hard to avoid reading your PSN username in Shirou's voice haha.
lol I couldn't come up with any better name and given that I'm a pretty big Fate fan that's what I went with lol.
100%ing Jak 1 is easy, but the most annoying part is missing a handful of Orbs. Made worse if you need to back track XP One thing I can suggest is that when you've picked up some Orbs look around you to make sure there aren't other Orbs around.
Also you can jump by pressing R1 when on the Zoomer. I can't believe I forgot this...
Honestly even the backtracking if you miss any orbs isn't bad. The game is kind enough to tell you in what location your missing said orbs. Outside of the telltale plats or other stuff the Jak games are probably some of the easiest plats out there.

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty sure I had posted in this thread already. Weird :P

Joey-Ravn.png

I'm working on getting all the Trophies for Hitman now, after having done so on PC. It's a bummer there's no Plat for that game. Overall, I mainly play on PC, so I don't have much progress made on PS4/Vita this gen. I also don't have anyone on my Friends List, so if you want to add me, my PSN name is Joey-Ravn :)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
lol I couldn't come up with any better name and given that I'm a pretty big Fate fan that's what I went with lol.

Honestly even the backtracking if you miss any orbs isn't bad. The game is kind enough to tell you in what location your missing said orbs. Outside of the telltale plats or other stuff the Jak games are probably some of the easiest plats out there.
It does? How? I had 2 orbs I hadn't picked up in freakin' Spider Caves. Had to backtrack to the Precurssor titan to pick up one up from the swing pole area, and another was near a wall in the upper areas.

Thankfully I only have the final stage left now, so once I beat it it's on to Dungeon Punks.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #189 earlier today - RIGS MCL. Pretty happy with it as it's around 1.5% and 14th fastest on psnprofiles.

Will probably post some impressions in the PSVR thread, but man ... I reckon the demo on the original demo disc harmed this game a lot. Had an absolute blast, but won't be going back to it. Too much to play.

Finishing up Amnesia Collection next (not played A Machine for Pigs yet), then moving onto either Ass Creed 2 Ezio Collection, King's Quest, or Wolfenstein TOB.
I want to go into Rush of Blood VR but my eyes are overworked right now :(

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It does? How? I had 2 orbs I hadn't picked up in freakin' Spider Caves. Had to backtrack to the Precurssor titan to pick up one up from the swing pole area, and another was near a wall in the upper areas.

Thankfully I only have the final stage left now, so once I beat it it's on to Dungeon Punks.
it sounds like you already knew this, but when you go into the menus it tells you how many power cells, precursor orbs, and red boxes your missing in each location. For precursor orbs it will usually give you something like 46/50 or 20/80 meaning your missing 4 or 60 orbs.

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my 50th Platinum! Paladins, really easy, but you either have to be really lucky to get one of the trophies or find 9 other people to boost with. Luckily i found a group and most of us got the plat that night.

Bpfd

Oct 25, 2017

Please add me. The slow death of the thread on the other site is partly responsible for my lack of desire to play games at all. Also the fact that certain participants were somehow getting ungodly amounts of trophies that seemed suspect at best ruining the friendly competition. I'm hoping things will be better here.

I started the year with 88 plats and I set a modest goal of getting to 100 before the end of the year. I never thought when I set that goal that it would be in jeopardy in November.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So
This stupid shit happened

I was playing Jak 1 on my PS4. when I last did a manual save, I had entered Gol and Maia's Citadel and then did a manual save.
When I load the game, I expected it to put me at the start of th level.
Instead I load my game, and I am at the final part of the stage which leads me to the boss fight O_o
I did not save any of the other 3 sages nor completed anything in the stage, I just suddenly warped to to the final part.
So uknowingly I shattered a nearby object, freed Samos, grabbed a few nearby Orbs and came upon a realization: I don't know how to do this stage in reverse.
I beat the boss but now I don't know how the fuck to get back down. Not like there's a shortcut teleporter or some such near where I saved Samos or anything.
So yeah I am abanonding the Plat for now. I'll come back to it in a year or some shit.

Fucking hell
I was ready to spend an hour getting this stage done and enjoy my 40th Platinum. And the universe fucks me over. Eh on the plus side, I do get to say 'I've gone 5 years since my last Platinum' so it's kinda charming that way :V
Bust seriously
Fuck this bug or whatever.

it sounds like you already knew this, but when you go into the menus it tells you how many power cells, precursor orbs, and red boxes your missing in each location. For precursor orbs it will usually give you something like 46/50 or 20/80 meaning your missing 4 or 60 orbs.
...I thought you meant that the game has some kind of indictator or arrow that tells you where to find the remaining Orbs.
Kinda like Sparx in Spyro where if you held the Shoulder buttons, Sparx will point towards nearby gems.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
For anyone who would like to join a Discord server for this OT I have just created one. oggob will be putting the invite link in the OP shortly, but for now whoever would like to join can do so. Invite link will be posted below.

This server will be for everyone regardless of what platform you are on. There will be a general text channel along with channels for Trophies, Steam Achievements, and Xbox Achievements.

Last edited:

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to complete MotoGP13 the other day. Had been on the list for ages (ever since it was free on plus) It was pretty meh at first but it eventually grew on me. Pretty easy platinum too.

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
For anyone who would like to join a Discord server for this OT I have just created one. oggob will be putting the invite link in the OP shortly, but for now whoever would like to join can do so. Invite link will be posted below.

This server will be for everyone regardless of what platform you are on. There will be a general text channel along with channels for Trophies, Steam Achievements, and Xbox Achievements.

perfect. Thanks

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working towards improving my completion right now. I want to get to at least 50% completion soon. The Sony Rewards is a nice bonus too. I burned through a bunch of easy Plats I had sitting around unfinished this week. I wanted something that takes a little more effort now so I'm going through Assassin's Creed Liberation on Vita.

OP
OP
oggob

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Ok, Discord link added...

FrumpleOrz... you will be the last profile added for this update, as I keep adding and not posting...

Will post update after work today.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Did you boost the online trophies? Each time I tried finding a match online it failed...

No. Managed to get lucky with matchmaking all the way through. Some games took an extremely long time to get going though - >20 minutes. The player count seems pretty low but not completely dead yet.

In particular there was one other player who landed on my team who stuck around for about 18 matches; the game threw bots at us if no one else was queued up.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
just joined the discord, thanks. If anyone wants to boost some Ghost Recon: Wildlands let me know. I've got all but one MP trophy and thats the finish the job trophy. I'd be glad to help out with any others.

Oct 27, 2017
So, what's the longest you guys have grinded for a platinum trophy?

For me it's actually a recent game, Persona 5. Which took me 142hrs to complete. Definitely a great game. I'm also currently playing EDF 4.1 which has racked 200hours already over the course of a year and i'm not even close to finishing it.
I'd have to check, but I believe MAG tops the list for time investment. ~300 hours, I think.

It also holds the honour as my one and only online multiplayer orientated platinum. I don't generally play online, but I gave it a try during the beta and it grabbed me.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Add me too, just got my 47th platinum dungeon punks, not too hard and just needs around 15-20 hours. Can be faster if you have friends to play with.

Next conga master, don't know if i can do it or not.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Plat #72 was acquired with Bioshock recently! Slowly working toward the plat for Assassin Creed Origin.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017

Long time hunter, first time poster. I don't have much free time so I haven't been getting as much done as I have in the past.

Working on PS Vita Pets right now, its a slow, annoying grind, but easy.

Also picked up a bunch of DLC that never goes on sale with the recent 20% off code so I plan to go back and 100% Gravity Rush, Mercury Hg and Super Stardust Delta.