• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Feel like I need to share this with someone that might care.
Got my 100th Platinum trophy last week. :D

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #83: Shenmue
1L2e39bd.png

Full Cabinet
This platinum also made me reach trophy level 30! A new milestone achieved.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Plat #80 / 100% #178 - Reverie (AS Vita)

Great zelda clone. Looks gorgeous, plays well, easy trophies. Wish it lasted longer though. Having previously lived in New Zealand I loved all the nods to the culture.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #222

Samurai Warriors 4 -
Actually started this 3 and a half years ago but just played it on snd off with a friend co- op when we could get the time together so took a fair old while.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I still have no clue what to make my 100th plat. I saw someone make their 100th plat U:Drakes Fortune from the collection as their 100th because it was also their first plat(mine as well). That sounds really nice, but I also had the idea of my 98th,99th and 100th plats being Wolfenstein New Order, Old Blood and then Colossus. The Mien Leiben difficulty being so incredibly hard and the Plat trophy being under 1% achievement rate for a AAA game is tempting. But I would also try and make the mein leiben trophy my 10,000th trophy! But that would mean leaving a lot of games unfinished...decisions decisions

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I still have no clue what to make my 100th plat. I saw someone make their 100th plat U:Drakes Fortune from the collection as their 100th because it was also their first plat(mine as well). That sounds really nice, but I also had the idea of my 98th,99th and 100th plats being Wolfenstein New Order, Old Blood and then Colossus. The Mien Leiben difficulty being so incredibly hard and the Plat trophy being under 1% achievement rate for a AAA game is tempting. But I would also try and make the mein leiben trophy my 10,000th trophy! But that would mean leaving a lot of games unfinished...decisions decisions
I never planned mine, it just ended up being Resident Evil Tevelations on PS3, my 200th was 2064 Read Only Memories. I liked both games a lot though so I'm ok with how that went.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #84: Shenmue II
1L15a0c1.png

Now I can sleep

Welp, now to wait 1 year to play the sequel! (at least it ain't almost 2 decades...)

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
for those who platinum'd God of War, at what point in the game does it make sense to go for a collectathon clean-up?

I am at the point where we
fought Baldur a 2nd time and ended up in Niflheim, Kratos just made the ship float/fly and I guess I will make it back to the center area
please no spoilers past this part.

Do I have everything I need to get all maps %s chest after that??

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
100% #180 - Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Trying to clean up my list and finish off easy games I never bothered with otherwise. This pulled my completion percentage above 73%. So close to my goal of 75%.

for those who platinum'd God of War, at what point in the game does it make sense to go for a collectathon clean-up?

fought Baldur a 2nd time and ended up in Niflheim, Kratos just made the ship float/fly and I guess I will make it back to the center area

Finish the main story first. The game let's you go back once you are done to collect everything else.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio

Yeah, treat it like end game content.

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
is there a discord to find boost partners? I can't stand RE5 and 6's multiplayer and I really want 100% on them

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Got the Guacamelee! 2 Plat. The game was fun but kinda expected more from a sequel. Next Plat will probably be Spiderman once I get the game.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017

Seems to be gone. There used to be a master thread in the general category for co-op, but I don't see it there anymore.
In any case, whatever game you're looking at should have a co-op/boosting thread in it's forum. I'm sure someone has the discord link.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I got my 10,000th trophy, the Shenmue 1 platinum, aptly named Full Cabinet. Great game, great atmosphere

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
so, I just platinumed God of War (2018), al things said it was a fun platinum, now I am eye's Dead Cells. since it good great reviews and it's 2d, it could be a good change coming from GoW.

has anyone gotten the platinum for that game?? is it hard??

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
#85: Dynasty Warriors 9
1Lbdc821.png

True Warriors of the 3 Kingdoms
I can see why some people wouldn't like this game, especially if you're a fan of the older ones, but I ended up loving it after giving it a try and the platinum was pretty fun to achieve. (Beside maybe 1 boring trophy)

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Plat #81 / 100% #181 - Blasting Agent Ultra (Vita)
Decent little cheap game. Might do the PS4 stack at some point in the future.

100% #182 - Rock of Ages
In my continued quest to clear up my list a little I have gone back and finished this old PS+ game. Suprised how rare the time trial and key trophies are. Neither seemed very challenging.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
I have a question for my Trophy/Achievement Hunter pals.

Do you platinum/100% games for your personal self or do you compete with others in any way?

Do you actually completely finish games outside of achievements? Like Skyrim you can do so many things outside of the trophies but FFX requires you to finish the game a 100% even in trophies.

Do you even care about looking at your actual trophies you earned ingame later or just reminisce over the platinum or 100% bar?

Just my questions for now.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017

Do you platinum/100% games for your personal self or do you compete with others in any way?

Do you actually completely finish games outside of achievements? Like Skyrim you can do so many things outside of the trophies but FFX requires you to finish the game a 100% even in trophies.

Do you even care about looking at your actual trophies you earned ingame later or just reminisce over the platinum or 100% bar?

I platinum and 100% for my personal enjoyment. I occasionally compare with friends to see what they have done in games but its never a contest.

I will 100% games outside of achievements if it is not a big grind.

I regularly look at my individual trophies after the fact. I like look at the timestamps and going 'why was I playing that at 3 am?' Or 'Its been that long since I played that, feels like just yesturday!'

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I 100% games for myself, never in competition.

I'll complete games as long as I enjoy them, same as when it comes to completing all of a games trophies. Playing through Witcher 3 right now, and there's no way I'm skipping out on all the side quests, even though I'm pretty sure there's not a trophy for finishing them all.

I do like to occasionally look at past trophies, a lot of the time to see how rare or common they are.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
#94 - Alienation

What an atrocious trophy list. Multiple playthroughs and RNG trophies. Getting a 12 slot legendary weapon took me over 25 hours of playtime with a single character. Luckily the game is a lot of fun so it didn't get boring at any point. Just need to complete two weekly missions for the 100%. Now starting Tokyo Xanadu Ex+, a game that I have been interested in for a long time. Hopefully it scratches my Persona itch.

Starting to get really close to 100 platinums, I usually don't do milestones but I had to save Persona 5 as my 100th platinum because it's my game of the generation. Been wanting to get back to it for months.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #89 - Guacamelee 2
Platinum #90 - Guacamalee Super Turbo Championship Edition

Good games.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Platinum #69: Dark Souls Remastered.

I love this game. Had no problem running through it again, although I did muck it up and made two of the same Greatsword of Artorias so I had to have someone drop me the non-cursed one.

Oct 26, 2017
Platinum #140 - Rise of the Tomb Raider

Characters are wack (the one thing Uncharted does better), but I found the game to be a blast to play. Only missing the Endurance Co-op stuff, but I got lucky and found someone that's been trying to get them for like 3 months now lmao (this is why I despise online trophies).

Started Shadow of the Tomb Raider and loving it so far, but apparently collectibles are glitching for some people (apparently this was the case with Rise too), so I don't know if I should wait until it gets patched.

Starting to get really close to 100 platinums, I usually don't do milestones but I had to save Persona 5 as my 100th platinum because it's my game of the generation. Been wanting to get back to it for months.

Man, I really want to do something like this for when Sekiro launches. I would love for the Sekiro plat to be both my platinum #200 and my 10,000th trophy, but it'll take a lot of planning, considering I'm at 140 platinums and 7,686 trophies.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Another plat - Mega Man X Collection part 1. Pretty easy trophy list all things considered. Part 2 is up next, and with X7 included that's gonna be a much harder plat! (just hope its trophies are fairly straight forward, X7 sucks!)

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
#86: Spider-Man
1La2014d.png

Be Greater
This game is easily my current GOTY, looking forward to the DLCs and eventually a sequel. Fun trophy list too, most of them comes from completions of each district. A simple but enjoyable plat.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I got the Platinum for The Crew 2. I really enjoyed the game, but the last two hours of playing the same race over and over again to grind out and max my car's performance were a pain.

Another plat - Mega Man X Collection part 1. Pretty easy trophy list all things considered. Part 2 is up next, and with X7 included that's gonna be a much harder plat! (just hope its trophies are fairly straight forward, X7 sucks!)

I think X7 has one where you have to rescue all of the reploids for a trophy. :X

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Platinum for The Crew 2. I really enjoyed the game, but the last two hours of playing the same race over and over again to grind out and max my car's performance were a pain.

I think X7 has one where you have to rescue all of the reploids for a trophy. :X
Yeah. Its either 6 or 7 that has it and I'm really not looking forward to it. Oh well, I've never backed down from a Mega Man challenge yet!

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
100% #183 - Blokus
Just set up a second PS3 and grinded out the online trophies while I watch shows on netflix. Easy enough.

100% #184 - Sideway: New York

An old PS+ game that I had never finished up. Had some trouble with my final collectable not spawning properly but figured out a solution.

100% #185 - Toybox Turbos

Was on sale recently so I picked it up as I love top down racers. Had a ton of fun with this. Was a nice easy list as well.

100% #186 - King Oddball

Oh god, I regret starting this. I triple stacked this devs other game Tennis in the Face, but this was way more luck based and annoying. Glad its over and I will never have to look at this again.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
100% #183 - Blokus
Just set up a second PS3 and grinded out the online trophies while I watch shows on netflix. Easy enough.

100% #184 - Sideway: New York

An old PS+ game that I had never finished up. Had some trouble with my final collectable not spawning properly but figured out a solution.

100% #185 - Toybox Turbos

Was on sale recently so I picked it up as I love top down racers. Had a ton of fun with this. Was a nice easy list as well.

100% #186 - King Oddball

Oh god, I regret starting this. I triple stacked this devs other game Tennis in the Face, but this was way more luck based and annoying. Glad its over and I will never have to look at this again.

I hope to one day go back through my old games and try to either plat them or 100% them. I've been starting to get back into my PS3 and there are a ton of games that I played not thinking about trophies, my completion rate is pretty bad. I really miss the days where I could use the summer to play catch up.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Got the Platinum for Spider-Man earlier this week, which was quite doable. Really fun game but getting Ultimate in some challenges was really hard though, so it was a good thing there wasn't a trophy for that.

I'm currently playing through Mafia III but I'm not sure if I'm going to get the Platinum for it.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Im getting closer to 125, currently at 117. I dropped hunting between april and august because of personal life. Im back now though.

Gravity Rush 2 & Tekken 7 is my next two.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
I've been primarily an exclusive Xbox gamer for the past 10 years+. But, I'm happy to say that I just got my second PS4 Platinum trophy, for Ni No Kuni 2. I've seen lots of complaints about it, but in the end, I really enjoyed it. Gonna hop into Dragon Quest and Spider-Man next.

That said, got a long way to catch up to my 138K Xbox Gamerscore. :\

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I hope to one day go back through my old games and try to either plat them or 100% them. I've been starting to get back into my PS3 and there are a ton of games that I played not thinking about trophies, my completion rate is pretty bad. I really miss the days where I could use the summer to play catch up.
This is what I am doing. My goal is to get above 75 percent completion. I won't be able to 100% everything, some of it is just not worth my time, but it is satisfying to do.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
This is what I am doing. My goal is to get above 75 percent completion. I won't be able to 100% everything, some of it is just not worth my time, but it is satisfying to do.

This. I'm hoping to at least beat the large majority of PS4 games in my backlog. I don't think I'll have the time or energy to Platinum them, but I at least want to get through them.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
I've been in a depressive funk recently and not been in the mood to trophy hunt for the past month or so.

I gave up on Resident Evil Revelations; the amount of luck based grinding was just not worth it. So I went back to Warframe, which is the kind of grinding that I like, but not many trophies there.

Recent ones:

Platinum #226 - Shenmue

Hmm. Very unique, terrible controls, terrible port quality, easy plat. I understand the appeal, but it's very hard to recomend this when something like Yakuza exists. And I already have trouble recommending Yakuza.

Platinum #227 - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

I've played all three releases, and I still don't know why this game is so beloved. It's OK, nothing more. Looking forward to seeing how Bluepoint f up the physics in the PS5 version. On the plus side, it looks and performs absolutely gloriously now, the whole thing feels much easier and smoother as a result, and they gave us 90 more seconds on #3 hard time attack.

I don't have it yet, but I'm one trophy away from the Space Hulk platinum for Vita. Whoever put that 40000 kills trophy into the game is a god damn troll. I understand the significance (40000 genestealers vs 80 blood angels) but when you play through a game's campaign three times over a week, and haven't unlocked the trophy for 1000 kills ... get the hell out of here. It's about 40 hours worth of grinding to get the rest. I'll chip away at it while doing other things I guess :(

Currently on Shenmue 2 now. At first glance, it seems technically much better than the first game.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Got the Spiderman Plat, good game. Too much open world busy work though but the swinging was fun so I didn't mind it too much.

Going to probably get Wolfenstein The Old Blood Plat next.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
#87: DOOM 3 BFG Edition
1Le7d8bb.png

Ultimate DOOMer
I've had this game since release 4 years ago but I had about 3 trophies left to get and considering I've recently finished Spider-Man I decided to revisit some older, unfinished games trophy wise. This was the first of them! Overall completion on my trophy profile is still 50% so I'll try to boost that higher.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Easier platinum than Zero or Kiwami or perhaps I just know the games better now. Great game either way.

Playing Last day of June now, hoping to get all trophies tonight in preparation for HollowKnight releasing tomorrow.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I don't have it yet, but I'm one trophy away from the Space Hulk platinum for Vita. Whoever put that 40000 kills trophy into the game is a god damn troll. I understand the significance (40000 genestealers vs 80 blood angels) but when you play through a game's campaign three times over a week, and haven't unlocked the trophy for 1000 kills ... get the hell out of here. It's about 40 hours worth of grinding to get the rest. I'll chip away at it while doing other things I guess :(

Being one away is always the worst. I am 1 away from Q.U.B.E because the time trial mode is glitched for me, and I am 1 away from Critter Crunch cause challenge 53 is unreasonably hard. Hope you get out of that depressive funk though :)