• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Being one away is always the worst. I am 1 away from Q.U.B.E because the time trial mode is glitched for me, and I am 1 away from Critter Crunch cause challenge 53 is unreasonably hard. Hope you get out of that depressive funk though :)
One away from Crisis 2 as it is glitched (I hit rank 50 online twice for the all weapons and nothing) and also Vanquish because one of them is simply beyond my skill XD

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 1 away from Trails of Cold Steel and it's the one where you need to open every single chest in the game so getting it would require another entire playthrough probably.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
One away from Crisis 2 as it is glitched (I hit rank 50 online twice for the all weapons and nothing) and also Vanquish because one of them is simply beyond my skill XD
The tactical challenges in vanquish ya? Didn't even bother getting all the others because I was scared of that final tactical challenge.

I am actually 1 away from a lot now that I am thinking about it. Damn that's annoying.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I'm 1 away from Trails of Cold Steel and it's the one where you need to open every single chest in the game so getting it would require another entire playthrough probably.
Ooof, that's a tough one.

not 1 away but I had like 2 or 3 trophies to get in Skate 2 that was basically impossible because of the servers but now they're back on so I might actually be able to get them.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
The tactical challenges in vanquish ya? Didn't even bother getting all the others because I was scared of that final tactical challenge.

I am actually 1 away from a lot now that I am thinking about it. Damn that's annoying.
Yeah, I tried it a few times dying horribly and came to the conclusion it would be too frustrating to keep trying ha ha.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Wn2blqv.jpg

Platinum #41

Dark Souls III

Awesome game and a very satisfying platinum, enjoyed every second on the road towards it
ok, maybe not the covenant item farming, but even that wasn't as bad as I feared it would be
Now the wait for Sekiro and Nioh 2 begins....

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #91 - Skyrim: Special Edition
Finally got around to playing this. I don't know that I'm a fan, but there were parts I liked.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
1Sbab2ed.png
- Guardian Lord- Destiny(PS4)

What a grind, Bungies mission design/game design to have you playing forever with little direction was very hard to work around. You literally can't get certain trophies without having to do certain tasks weekly, meaning its a minimum of a few weeks of playing just to get a trophy. All those posts about the game feeling like a job were very true, there weren't nearly enough trophies about just playing the game. I LOOVEED doing Siva Strikes, if there was a trophy on doing 100 Siva Strikes I would've done that easily. Or maybe different nightfall related trophies, something that actually was about playing the game.

Fuck doing Kings Fall though, these raids are garbage, tons of different mechanics having to be synced with 5 other people(6 total) felt more like a really frustrating puzzle game thats inside of a shooter thats also making you platform. 0 fun. Zilch. Wrath of the Machine was also just too hard, too many sections where timing has to be totally perfect, way too tight, a single small mistake by someone means you have to wipe and start over entire sections. Crotas end was just boring outside the very beginning but you can cheese that by having one experienced person run through it and teleport everyone. Never did Vault of Glass since theres no trophy related to it and I'm happy I didn't.

Sadly for looter shooters, I did have some fun with it and plan on Playing Destiny 2 when they release the collection for it in the future, other loot games are simply too complicated for me. Destiny is like baby mode in comparison to The Division and Diablo. Though I do wish I could get a nice inbetween version of The Division and Destiny where you can have builds but still just press a button and mindlessly do Strikes with different Modifiers.

1Sc93fc2.png
- I am Sweet Tooth - Twisted Metal (PS3)

After 6 years I got the plat for Twisted Metal. I actually started boosting it a few days before they announced the server shutdown. I got the game day one and played the ever living hell out of it for 2 months straight. But the online, and thus the stats, were hilariously broken meaning little to none of the trophies I did legit out of love for the game ever popped. The patches came months later but I stopped playing it by the end of March. The patches apparently did help because the second I was host and won a game, multiple trophies popped, but I had to boost just to find a game since even at launch games were hard to find/get into. It's with a heavy heart I trade the game in since multiplayer was the heart and soul of the game but the netcode developers just didn't have a fucking clue what to do. I was one of the first people in the world to unlock Warthog, by beating the game on its hardest difficulty(no glitches or exploits were known at the time). Now I'm one of the last few to get the platinum, funny how that works.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Got the Platinums for Spider-Man and Jack n'Jill DX--the latter was for review. I wish it wasn't such an easy platinum (did it in under 10 minutes), as there's already in-game challenges that would have worked just as well for trophies instead of the insultingly simple trophies included in the game.

Right now I'm in the middle of a hard mode run of Knack 2. I'm honesty and unironically enjoying this game. All the memes are nonsense to me when the game is actually quite fun and likable.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Platinum #42

The Surge

Coming off of Dark Souls III I was hungry for more Souls like gameplay. Decided to give The Surge a try, as it was on sale, and was ready to be disappointed.
Boy, was I wrong. It's an excellent game!
Combat and loot system is great fun, has some good level design and the platinum was pretty manageable.
Recommended!

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
A word of advice (Warning) for trophy hunters here:

I am at 60% of the platinum for Dead Cells, so I know well what's the game about.

If you are the kind of platinumer that takes issue with save scumming (meaning, saving to a USB or the PSN+ to be able to start from a point you aren't supposed to), then this game is hands down the hardest platinum there is in the existence of the PS4 software library.

the game has several hard-as-fuck bosses, just like the soulsborne games, the difference is the game makes you start all over if you die, which means it will take you about 30 minutes to reach the first boss only to die in a matter of seconds cause you have no idea how to approach it. so it's 30 minutes to start learning the first boss' patterns weaknesses.

with save scumming I died like 30 times on the first one until I learned patterns and behaviour, same with all other bosses.

this is in the easiest difficulty....

On the final boss you die in like 15 seconds casually after 1.5 hours of progressing. It took me something like 50 tries to understand the flow of the battle and have a chance of beating it.... I repeat, Have a chance

summary, stay the fuck away if you won't save scum, otherwise prepare for a life of dying-uploading-dying-uploading

it'a a great game though so go play this on switch, the way it was meant to be played anyway. it looks hideous on a big TV screen

Last edited:

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Damn It has been so long since my last trophy. World of Warcraft is eating my free time. Also it has achievement so I may be stuck here for a while :s

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Haven't been playing Sony systems lately, been sucked back into pokemon, but I am hoping to get some spooktacular trophies later this month. I am thinking Dead Space 2 DLC, maybe The Long Reach or Claire on my vita, and another play through of RE5. Anyone else got any halloween trophy hunting planned?

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Haven't been playing Sony systems lately, been sucked back into pokemon, but I am hoping to get some spooktacular trophies later this month. I am thinking Dead Space 2 DLC, maybe The Long Reach or Claire on my vita, and another play through of RE5. Anyone else got any halloween trophy hunting planned?
I still have Alien Isolation to play. I'm also about to fight the first boss in Dead Space in my first plasma cutter only run through.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I still have Alien Isolation to play. I'm also about to fight the first boss in Dead Space in my first plasma cutter only run through.
I am playing through Alien Isolation on PC, and I am glad, beating the game without dying, even with the exploit, seems annoying. And original Dead Space? That was one of my earliest plats, really what convinced me that trophies are really fun.

Plat #82 / 100% #187 - The Long Reach
Decent little adventure game. Played through the vita version. Had some performance issues, skippy frames and audio crackling. Plat is pretty straight forward, only 4 trophies you can miss on your first play through. 3 are collectable related, but are all super easy collectibles, you don't need to follow a guide as long as you know what it is you are looking for. The last is just for seeing the other ending and continuing the game after you see the first puts you right back at the end to make the other choice. So overall a cakewalk of a list. Still, was a good way to spend a few hours, I would say it was worth picking up the physical copy of it, I can see myself replaying it in a few years.

Also hit level 32! Never thought I would get that high when I started.

Last edited:

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
So, I platinumed Dead Cells yesterday, and I am again back to 0 trophies still to earn, PS4 is my first sony home console so I started from scratch with the trophy thing. I love how organized everything is the way I do it, no backlog, no random unfinished % bars, I haven't forced myself to finish or "like" any game, with the exception of the Last Guardian, which is by far the the most annoying platinum in my library. That being said, by going for the platinum made me understand and like the game more so I ended up liking it.

but with Dead Cells, though, it is a game that I strongly advise everyone here to NOT play it for trophies or achievements, it turns a rather good indie metroidvania into a miserable experience of dying-retrying-dying-retrying for hours.

this game is meant to be played over months in small sessions, getting better with each runthrough until you have unlocked enough stuff to have a chance at beating the hard bosses. If you go into it with the trophy hunting mentality and focus 100% on this game, you are going to have to force yourself to use the "fake checkpoint" strategy and/or uploading a save state from the cloud or a USB stick, which is not the way to play and enjoy the game. I wished I had known that so I could approach the game differently.

Ideally you'd play this game once or twice a day for 15 minutes and then play your "main" game, dunno God of War, Horizon, etc.

that said, the final boss, named the hand of the king, is BULLSHIT it's like the devs said "lets piss off everyone and give players a 90% chance of failure after a an hour and 30 minutes of playing" it never turns manageable. I searched youtube to see no damage playthroughs and yeah it's possible, but there's also no damage runs of all soulsbourn bosses so the fact it's possible, doesn't make it less bullshit.

oldyella

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone interested in doing the multiplayer trophies in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale? I only have 3 to do (triple kill in an online match, no damage taken in an online match, and complete an Versus match against an online player). Willing to help people grind out any online matches they have.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I finally did it... #120 Smite.
After hundreds of hours, countless hours of grinding, my probably hardest (for me) and most proud off platinum... Out of 119 other platinums!!!!
On to platinuming Gravity Rush 2, then I'll move on to Resident Evil 1 (First time ever) and NieR Automata (Also first time ever lol)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone interested in doing the multiplayer trophies in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale? I only have 3 to do (triple kill in an online match, no damage taken in an online match, and complete an Versus match against an online player). Willing to help people grind out any online matches they have.
I'm interested! I'd like to get all the online trophies on both versions. Probably won't be super available until 10 or 11 est tonight though so I hope the servers aren't closing right at 12.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry dude, went out with my family last night. Should be available tonight. Just give me a shout, PSN ID is oldyella.
I should be available after 7pm central, in case you guys need an extra person. Just looked it up and I guess I'm missing four online trophies (triple kill, double kill in 2v2, complete an Versus match against an online player, and win an online match).

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017

Ah yes ... Tactical Challenger. I got that after playing for about 15 hours straight with very little downtime inbetween. It wasn't pretty.

My only word of encouragement is that if you can see Wave 5 with the two Bogeys, you're good enough to pass it.

Platinum #228 - Space Hulk

That's about 60 hours I'm not getting back ... for reference, the final trophy asks for 40000 kills, which to earn legitimately would take many hundreds of hours. The grind method involves stacking up to 11 enemies in a room (I could only manage 9), attacking them all with a 5/6 chance to kill on each, undo the move, and repeat. But because the game runs like garbage on good consoles, and runs even worse on the Vita and mobile ... each cycle takes anywhere from between 30 to 45 seconds at the best of times.

Not difficult per se but I've put everything else on hold while doing this, and lost much of my sanity in the process. Back to Shenmue now!

Edit: also that's going to bump its rarity down by 0.1% or similar which I find funny for some reason

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry dude, went out with my family last night. Should be available tonight. Just give me a shout, PSN ID is oldyella.

I should be available after 7pm central, in case you guys need an extra person. Just looked it up and I guess I'm missing four online trophies (triple kill, double kill in 2v2, complete an Versus match against an online player, and win an online match).
Sorry I didn't post last night. I'm just finishing with about 3 weeks of nonstop busy-ness. Apparently servers are still up and the theory is they might actually still go until the 25th. I'm available all night tonight and likely tomorrow as well so if either one of you wanna knock them out with me let me know! I'll be checking periodically through the night and if you send me a PSN request or message I'll get a push notification so feel free to do that as well.
My ID is DandyCrocodile

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
1Scff193.png
- Legendary - Rayman Legends

If you're planning on playing it, do it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The online trophies is completely based off the current online population. Lots of players = good for you. If a challenge has 10,000 players, you need to be in the top 1% to get a diamond cup. Really wish the guides online and threads actually told you what constitutes in getting the Diamond,Gold etc. cups that's not just "get a good time". I would've had my plat within 2-3 weeks back when it came out on PS+. Average time is about 90+ days for the plat but it took me about 38 days. The Murphy mechanic really soured the whole game for me honestly and getting a lot of Dojo levels means you just have to accept your lowly gold trophy and move on because other players 'cheat' by using 4 controllers/4 players. I won't be getting any future rayman games if their just poorly ported gimmicks like this one, Origins was way better. I was thinking of making a LTTP thread mostly asking whens the new Rayman game. I had to do A LOT of homework to get good at this game because guides for skillful games don't exist, if anyone here embarks on the journey then please let me help you. Getting 1 diamond cup is the equalivant of 5 gold cups, you're shaving DAYS off the time needed for the platinum. 6/10

1S2a9a0c.png
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Platinum Trophy - Diablo III

I actually enjoyed this game a lot. Sure it's pretty braindead in terms of difficulty but I really appreciated a loot game that didn't punish you left and right for not min maxing your trash gear every step of the way. Story was bleh so I skipped everything but I found myself really caring about the gameplay and looking up builds and whatnot despite me having no intention of playing past the plat. If this was on PC I would've probably taken it more seriously but this makes me wish games like Grim Dawn and Path of Exile were on PS4 so I could have a loot game with a little bit more thought needed. This is essentially the Destiny of loot games in terms of accessibility, pretty easy and clear to see whats better and whats not and stats are very easy to read. The controls are the best ever, if I play another loot isometric game and it doesnt control like this game than I'll be disappointed, way way better than using a mouse and keyboard. Had to get hacked gear though to upgrade the rest of my characters to 70 because thats just a time sink and I already did everything else for fun by myself. 8/10 can't wait for diablo 4

1S261213.png
- I'll get everything back! - Tekken 7

I had like 7 trophies left from when I bought the game at launch last year. The online didn't work for like a full month, there was input lag, I hated the roster, Tekkens just kinda dead to me. Hate what the game has turned into, juggle fest pseudo touch of death with a boring roster, literally no story and paid dlc when they promised would be free. Yadda Yadda bamco I know, fuck Harada either way, dudes a straight dick for no reason he's no Kamiya. Really hope they don't add DLC trophies in the future. Remember back in the day where every character had a CG intro and cutscene? Was laughable when they showed a flashback cutscene from tekken 3 and it looked better than what they have today. Super easy plat since they took out things like tekken force, no online trophies either other than fighting a couple times. No fight lab to teach you or give you trophies. Poor product imo unless you live for online. 5/10

1Scc9431.png
- All-Star Legend You've only done everything! - Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Honestly, this game fucking sucks. The UI is a placeholder, the fighting sucks, the online didn't work back then and didn't today(and no longer will cause its shut down) and other than mashing up the stages the developers just threw random characters together and called it a day. Having to kill using a super is terrible because most characters totally suck compared to Raiden and Dante and Nariko who can mash square and get 2 combos into a full super meter. I don't view this as a Smash clone, more like a party brawler clone like those cartoon network fighters or kung fu panda. It made me appreciate the little things from Smash though like everyone clapping after you won a game, here their literally crying and it was honestly kinda sad seeing fat princess surrounded by dead soldiers crying cause she lost the game, like what the hell!?? Trophies were a monotonous grind since you had to beat the game with everyone, 1/10 on every level. The 1 being the small ounce of creativity they put into mashing the levels from different games together and having slight remixed music playing, it was cool seeing Hades getting attacked by Patapon soldiers!

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Can anyone with LittleBigPlanet 2 still installed play my level real quick? I need 15 more plays and the plat will be mine.

https://lbp.me/v/q3jgpfg

Ignore the Fortnite name, was just trying the strategy to get them organically that worked with LBP Vita. It did not work here.

Got it!

Platinum #83 / 100% #189 - LittleBigPlanet 2
So much easier the LBP1 to plat. Only one level game me any real trouble in acing, everything else was just kinda grindy. The DLC was also pretty straight forward, only thing of note was the trophy 'Unidentified Feathered Object' from the cross controller pack, which was very hard to do solo as I had to use my vita and a PS3 controller at the same time.

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Got surgery this week, so I managed to play a video game. Got Type Rider 100% on PlayStation Vita.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Getting back into it!

Platinum #229 - Shenmue II

I'm really not sure how to feel about this one. There's a lot to like, there was a thread the other week discussing its scope which I need to go back and read ... it's clearly an ambituous title with loads of ideas. It's much bigger and better than the previous game. It captures the feeling of being in a foreign place so well. And overall, I can see how it would have been mindblowing for an earlier-gen game.

It's let down by the absolutely awful combat system (I never liked VF, don't @ me), some bullshit QTEs, and the last 2-3 hours needed to be reduced significantly. Again, an idea, but one that didn't hit the mark.

Not hyped for Shenmue III at this time. Still recommend Yakuza over this.

Platinum #230 - DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition

I liked it (don't @ me)

Platinum #231 - 2064: Read Only Memories

Not a fan. Good music, good VA (except I hate it when I recognise voice actors - makes it harder to suspend disbelief, Jim), good graphics style. Didn't find the plot particularly interesting, and it's more of a visual novel rather than an adventure game.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale online server shutdown has been pushed back to January it seems.
Get em while the getting is still good.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
100% 190 - Run Sackboy! Run!
An easy but grindy game. Hey, free trophies are always good though.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Alien Isolation - Great game, trophies were easier than I expected though One Shot to beat the game without dying was tense.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
#89: Red Dead Redemption
1La7446b.png

Legend of the West
After finishing Red dead Redemption II recently I've decided to use the reset on the 7 days trial of PSnow and immediatly replayed RDR. To my surprise, I already had all the online trophies from the base game because I played it in the past, all I needed was to finish the SP once more and achieving 100% completion. Took me roughly 4 or 5 days and it was as fun as ever. Close to a new plat milestone/trophy level as well.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum 163 - Burly Men at Sea. Fun quick one, but the vita version seems bugged in terms of saving.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
This month and last month, I Platinumed two of the hardest games to Platinum: Warhawk and Twisted Metal. There's actually a concerted effort from people for both of those games to stop people from boosting on them, which is a ridiculous thing to do. One guy is hacking stats of people boosting in Warhawk to prevent them from Platinuming the game. He and his main account should get banned from PSN.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
This month and last month, I Platinumed two of the hardest games to Platinum: Warhawk and Twisted Metal. There's actually a concerted effort from people for both of those games to stop people from boosting on them, which is a ridiculous thing to do. One guy is hacking stats of people boosting in Warhawk to prevent them from Platinuming the game. He and his main account should get banned from PSN.
Yeah, these idiots are coveting the platinums they have. It's really sad and pathetic.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
100% - Hitman

I never report on 100%'s, as they can potentially change in the future with DLC, so numbers are a bit impossible to accurately track. But I'm making an exception here. This game is just ... unrealistic AI / trespass behaviour aside, it feels mechanically perfect. It's the best slow-paced puzzle game I've played in a very long time, and it allows for a lot of goofing around if you're in the mood.

I've been slowly chipping away at it for over a year - playing whenever it suits me, trying to master the levels, and booting it up every 2 weeks for an elusive target. With Hitman 2 being released though, I quickly ran through and 100%'d the trophy list.

And yet, having done that, there is SO MUCH CONTENT in that first game - challenges, feats, escalations, whatever - that I either haven't mastered, or even attempted.

IOI did a great job supporting the game during its lifecycle (... they had to, it was episodic), and so far, they're doing exactly the same with the sequel. From pre-beta press impressions of the first game, it was a mess. And they turned it around and created something incredibly special.

It's easily my GOTY 2016 above Doom.

I just hope the second game has legs. It doesn't deserve to bomb the way it seems to be right now.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Picked up a PS4 finally on black friday (I used to just borrow a friends on occasion) so now I am working my way through Spider-Man.