• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I'm missing just one trophy for Nioh before I get the Platinum. It's the "Samurai of Legend" trophy which requires to complete all the missions. I'm sitting at 98.8% completion so that means I'm only missing one of the twilight missions.

For those of you who haven't played Nioh, the Twilight Missions are special versions of the missions which have remixed enemies and increased difficulty. But they rotate every twelve hours, and you can only get to do two at a time. So I'm stuck waiting until this mission shows up as a Twilight mission.

Anybody know if it's possible to "cheat" the system and get the twilight missions to change until you get the one you want?

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I'm missing just one trophy for Nioh before I get the Platinum. It's the "Samurai of Legend" trophy which requires to complete all the missions. I'm sitting at 98.8% completion so that means I'm only missing one of the twilight missions.

For those of you who haven't played Nioh, the Twilight Missions are special versions of the missions which have remixed enemies and increased difficulty. But they rotate every twelve hours, and you can only get to do two at a time. So I'm stuck waiting until this mission shows up as a Twilight mission.

Anybody know if it's possible to "cheat" the system and get the twilight missions to change until you get the one you want?
have you tried changing the date/time on your PS4?

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Do you know which mission it is?
Can't you join another player doing that mission?

Side note: it's such a great game and very rewarding plat.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
The Challenge in The Witness is starting to irritate me, I don't even remember how many times I have managed to get to the last pillar puzzle but I just don't get them, it always ends up with me trying to guess the solution with no luck. One day!

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Do you know which mission it is?
Can't you join another player doing that mission?

That's a good idea. I'll try that out. I'm pretty sure it's "The Best and the Worst".

must be an internal timer then. The game likely knows when you did the last one so I can't think of anyway of "cheating" it.

I need to start this game btw. Have the complete edition waiting for me, had to run through DS: Remastered first and now I'm on RDR2/DQXI.

It's an extraordinary game. It plays like no other. I've put over 120 hours into it and I can't stop playing. And I haven't finished the DLC yet.

The Platinum is also non-grindy which I appreciate. The Samurai of Legend trophy is probably the hardest since, besides the issue with the Twilight Missions, there are several optional missions that pop up after finishing the main game and which are very difficult. But I prefer a challenge like that than having to grind for hours for covenant items *cough* (Dark Souls).

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
#122 Spyro the Dragon
#123 Spyro Ripto's Rage
#124 Spyro Year of the Dragon

This was my childhood franchise, I've dreamt about them remaking these games or making a sequel. I've had yearly playthroughs the last like 5 years. Loved every second and Im frankly grateful to Toys For Bob and Activision for what they did.

I'll now move onto Battlefield V and NieR Automata.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum 228 - Resident Evil 0. Some tough trophies, Get an S rank, beat it without saving, without healing, and finish it on hard. Was good fun though.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
The Challenge in The Witness is starting to irritate me, I don't even remember how many times I have managed to get to the last pillar puzzle but I just don't get them, it always ends up with me trying to guess the solution with no luck. One day!

Finally managed to complete it. Everything just clicked, got pretty easy puzzles and breezed through the challenge with plenty of time remaining.

#98 - The Witness

#99 - PAYDAY: The Heist

Been working on my PS3 backlog lately and I noticed I was two trophies away from the platinum. Green Bridge on overkill difficulty was a huge pain in the ass, took multiple tries with a good group to complete it. The grind to 1 billion dollars was boring as hell, after I was done with the rest of the trophy list I still had over $300M to go. The game itself is very enjoyable which made the grind more tolerable. A nice UR platinum!

Now on to Persona 5 for the milestone plat, been waiting for over six months for this one!

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
RE is one of my favorite series and would love to get the plat in them but they require quite a bit. The no save/no death s rank stuff is not for the weak willed.
It took me five playthroughs in the end I think. Once I refamiliarised myself with the game though I could beat it in 3 hours and if you beat Leech mode you can get infinite ammo for all weapons to free up your inventory and a magnum at the start on the train so it's not actually quite as bad as it seems at first glance.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
It took me five playthroughs in the end I think. Once I refamiliarised myself with the game though I could beat it in 3 hours and if you beat Leech mode you can get infinite ammo for all weapons to free up your inventory and a magnum at the start on the train so it's not actually quite as bad as it seems at first glance.
Yeah, I could probably do it but it intimidates me for some reason. I have no problem getting the plat for not only Dark Souls but also the remaster so I've got at the least, 5 playthroughs of that game alone.

I'll have to wait until after RE2 though because it's coming soon and I'm not even half way through RDR2 and I have more DQXI to play.

Like I said, too many games.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
7fjnHEw_d.jpg

Finally got my Nioh Platinum. I had to wait for the Twilight Mission that I hadn't done to appear in the rotation, but it finally did yesterday. It's only my 5th Platinum since I only do it if I really like the game and the trophy list has no crazy requirements (I love Yakuza 0, for example, but never in a million years would I go for that Platinum) Overall a very enjoyable Platinum with very little grinding involved. The only difficulty is the unavailability of the twilight missions necessary for the "Samurai of Legend" trophy.

I normally don't bother with DLC trophies but I enjoy playing this game so much that I might just do it. They are much harder than the base game trophies so it'll take a while).

Last edited:

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
7fjnHEw_d.jpg

Finally got my Nioh Platinum. I had to wait for the Twilight Mission that I hadn't done to appear in the rotation, but it finally did yesterday. It's only my 5th Platinum since I only do it if I really like the game and the trophy list has no crazy requirements (I love Yakuza 0, for example, but never in a million years would I go for that Platinum) Overall a very enjoyable Platinum with very little grinding involved. The only difficulty is the unavailability of the twilight missions necessary for the "Samurai of Legend" trophy.

I normally don't bother with DLC trophies but I enjoy playing this game so much that I might just do it. They are much harder than the base game trophies so it'll take a while).
Yeah they are too hard for me. Beating every mission on certain difficulties just wasn't feasible :(

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I can only imagine the nightmare that it must be to beat stuff like The Return of Gourd or some of the dual boss stuff in Way of the Demon.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #233 - Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS4)

Combat frustrations and bad port quality aside, this is still a great game. Worth playing.

Platinum #234 - Mass Effect: Andromeda

I want to like this game - I really do - but it feels like everything is holding this game back. The engine's performance, the bugs, driving the Nomad never felt as good as driving the Mako from ME1, the combat/shooting which feels like a bad Skyrim mod on planet surfaces (but works MUCH better in enclosed spaces), the scanning mechanic ... the overarching idea of settling new worlds is something I like, but everything about how it's executed feels subpar.

The banter between teammates is still the highlight of this series, and I had a good time in every vault.

It's a shame this has seemingly killed the franchise - it deserves better.

Also, this totally would have been platinum #233 except that a bug stopped me from unlocking the Lv. 20 Strike Team trophy about one week earlier. It is known, it never got patched.

Platinum #235 - Onrush

It was alright, but felt very shallow - and way too many of the challenges seemed dependent on a huge amount of luck in addition to skill. A fun distraction though.

Last edited:

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
In less than two weeks I got another Platinum: Marvel's Spider-Man.

It's probably the easiest platinum I've ever gotten (not that I have many of them). I didn't need to consult a guide or anything and I naturally unlocked everything as I played. I got the Platinum when I got the trophy for finishing the game. The only trophy I really had to go out of my way to get was the 100% all districts, but I enjoy the swinging and the combat in the game so much I didn't mind doing it at all.

I enjoyed the game more than I though I would and as soon as I finished it I picked up the season pass.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Plat #85 - Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
Pixeljunk shooter 1 and 2 were some of my favourite psn games back on PS3. Glad they finally got to be the full game they deserved to be. Was fairly easy plat, did it in a day. You can self boost the multiplayer trophies if you have a vita.

Plat #86 - Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man
Yay for save exploits. Extremely easy plat with them. Would have been very hard without exploiting cloud saves.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #232. Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. Got lucky and managed this in one playthrough, still took 40+ hours though. Great game however.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Finally!

l7iYbpv.png

"Classy!" took too damn long, waiting for a Skill to drop instead of crafting it is bullshit (had to focus on the Soldier instead of the cheaper Engineer).

I'm close to completing Assassin's Creed Syndicate (just three memories in Jack The Ripper) and The Last of Us (one week left in multiplayer and at the end of Survivor +).

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Burnout Paradise Remastered. THat was a great decision, really fun and the Trophies pop without really paying attention to what I'm doing.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Burnout Paradise Remastered. THat was a great decision, really fun and the Trophies pop without really paying attention to what I'm doing.
The multiplayer mode where you just do casual challenges with friends is so damn fun. And yeah, like you say trophies pop for doing practically anything. Such a fun racing game :)

Anyway, gave up on the 100% completion trophy on RDR2 because some of the random collectable missions were doing my head in. Absolutely love the game but hate collectables on enormous maps like this (even if the game world is so beautiful).

Managed to get the platinum for Shenmue, which was insanely easy as they didn't really aim to put any of the optional challenges in the game (I was sure you'd have something like winning the arcade boss battle, but nope!). Absolutely loved this game, can't wait to replay the sequel.

Also managed to get all the trophies in the Spidey DLC. Nothing hard there and it was just a great excuse to play more Spidey. Great stories and challenges, I've only got the two gameplus trophies left, I'll leave those for when I get the need to replay the game!

Dec 7, 2017
Got the Spider-Man Platinum :)
Really fun game, I love the spider-man games, I even 100%'d The Amazing Spider-Man on Steam just because I loved web slinging so much(Collecting the 700 comic book pages was less than fun however)

Now I'm going to start on Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

I got 13 platinums this year(With a total of 16 overall and I've had my account since like...2012) So I'm quite happy with this ! ^_^

Hope everyone else gets lots of platinums for 2019!

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Last post of 2018 and I'm not proud of anything in here at all :(

After getting plat #235 in the previous post, I realised I needed to start planning for #250. Trouble is, just like this year, there isn't really much on the horizon that I want to purchase in 2019. (I think I played about 5 new games in 2018 ... the rest were older. Also I did not start or participate in the thread on the main board a few weeks back. Not that brave.) Sekiro reminds me a bit too much of Tenchu which I didn't really like and I'll wait for reviews, I am several years behind on Kingdom Hearts lore, and while DMC is fine and all, I don't feel attached enough to make it DMC5. And DMC5 is probably going to be a brutal platinum anyway if DMC3 and DMC4 were any indicators.

So with that said, the only game that I think is really eligible for platinum #250 in my book is Resident Evil 2. I loved the original, it's a true classic title from the PS1 days, and I am hyped for it / on media blackout. Definitely worthy.

But in order for that to be plat #250, I need to either:
  1. not purchase it day 1 until I'm roughly ready
  2. screw around with trophy unlock orders and descriptions so that it's not accidentally unlocked "early"
  3. get 14 additional plats within 47 days so I don't need to worry about any of the above. For reference, getting 30 platinums across an entire year is a bit too much for me.

CUE THE DECEMBER BACKLOG PURGE!

#236 - Steins;Gate: TLDR. I was planning on going back to read this one, as there's nothing but praise for it online, but something about the art style is incredibly off-putting to me. Sorry :(

#237 - Tomb Raider Underworld: horrid controls. Played awfully. I don't remember Legend on the Xbox handling this badly, and I'm pretty sure TR1 and TR2 back in the PS1 days handled / controlled more precisely. Just bad all round.

#238 - Claire: Exhibit A on how to destroy any interest in your video game - turn the brightness down so you can't see anything. It might be semi decent like Lone Survivor, but I have no idea, I couldn't see shit.

#239 - Claire: It stacks with the Vita? I'll take it!

#240 - Astro Bot Rescue Mission: HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF SHIT

#241 - Amnesia: Memories: TLDR + NOPE

#242 - Trine: It's ... ehh. It's passable. It's got nothing on The Lost Vikings. Holy difficulty spike on the last level though.

#243 - Metro 2033: There's a lot that I can say here, but I'll keep it brief: this game feels very directionless. It wants to reward scavenging and exploration by hiding things all over the place, and it discourages scavenging and exploration by putting time limits on said activities unless you're using the buddy system with the gas mask with yourself, which is about as awkward as it sounds. Also the shooting feels horrible, weapons feel weak, and the upgrade system feels pointless.

#244 - Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma: TLDR, but unlike every other TLDR on this list, I absolutely WILL be going back and playing this one properly in the future. It looked great and the general plot looked interesting enough for another look. I've read descriptions of the other entries briefly, and will probably skip 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. Those look much more like straight VN's than whatever you could classify this game as.

#245 - Code Realise: Guardian of Rebirth: TLDR + NOPE

#246 - Prince of Persia (2008 reboot thing): Horrible combat aside, and having to fight the same bosses six times each (seriously, who thought that was a good idea?), it's alright. Controlled pretty well and collecting seeds felt right. And I think Elika's animation / relative lack of clipping with the main character was pretty good for the time.

#247 - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands: Also alright. Mechanically sound. I'm not sure where it's supposed to take place in the timeline; if it's directly after TSOT I don't know why the main character wasn't freaking out about everything, instead of the odd casual reference here and there.

#248 - Foul Play: decent side scroller beat 'em up. Got nothing on Castle Crashers though. Trophies are bugged for EU/UK users - local co-op (!) and online co-op doesn't work. Had to play an online game using my Vita and PS4 together on the same account. Awkward.

#249 - Minecraft (PS3): not much to say here at all. If I didn't have other stuff to play, I could probably have a lot of fun with this.

All up, 9 games from PS+, 5 games that I own. TRU, Trine, PoP 2008 and Minecraft were long overdue cleanups from the past, the rest were new. Worst part is, I think this isn't even a quarter of the backlog (><)

So with all that done, 49 plats for the year, some of which I'm absolutely not proud of, I'm going to slow down a bit. No more platinums until RE2. There's a lot of long-form stuff that I've been putting off for ages: GT Sport, Nioh, Ni No Kuni 2, the Kingdom Hearts collection, Hitman 2, a replay of God of War, a replay of Doom ... as well as other things like the Megaman and Castlevania collections and a replay of Resident Evil and Silent Hill on the PS1.

Good luck to everyone next year! <3

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Last Platinum of 2018:

1S447b38.png

God of War III Remastered

All three original God of War completed this year!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Working on what looks to be a nice fun plat for the new year - Spyro for the PS4. Never played the games originally but as expected I'm really enjoying what I've played so far from the first game. Nice and relaxing, some great level design and its a game that just lets you explore and have fun.

Also, didn't plat it but got 80%ish of Disaster Report 4's trophies. It looks like a fairly easy game to plat but I can't really be assed to do another playthrough to get the ones I missed. I had great fun playing it through though. Next up (along with Spyro) will be me trying to get the 100% trophy in Judge Eyes (which like any other Yakuza game almost has you doing everything under the sun!)

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I got the Platinum for PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale on Vita and 36 Fragments of Midnight on Vita for #129 and #130. Tried to do Killzone Mercenary (got 4 trophies left!) and Saints Row IV Re-elected PS4 Australian region but ran out of time. I'm planning on buying less in 2019 and Platinum'ing more.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Squeezed in 2 more plats in the final hours before the new year.

#88 - Minecraft Vita
I did all the main game except for tossing a diamond at someone last year. Found someone last night that was able to hop on and we both popped the plat for each other. Surprisingly enjoyed it, didn't think I would since I have been playing Minecraft on PC since the beginning.

#89 - Dying: Reborn PS4
Starts out as an okay escape room game but becomes a confusing mess real quick.

And all my plats this year in order:

Killzone 3 Multiplayer
My Name is Mayo PS4
The Walking Dead Vita
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
LittleBigPlanet Karting
inFamous Second Son
inFamous First Light
The Order: 1886
LittleBigPlanet
God of War PS4
Reverie Vita AS
Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition Vita NA
The Long Reach Vita EU
LittleBigPlanet 2
Pic-aPix Color NA
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Arcade Game Series: Pac-man
Onrush
Minecraft Vita
Dying: Reborn

Thats 20 total plats. Many are super easy but I feel like the LittleBigPlanet plats make up for that a lot.

As for games without plats I also 100% 22 additional games as follows:

Metal Slug 3
Table Top Racing
Pocket God vs Desert Ashes PS4
Tennis in the Face PS4
CounterSpy PS4
Minefield NA
Minefield EU
The Unfinished Swan PS4
Deliriant
Journey PS4
Shutshimi
Altered Beast
Bomberman Ultra
A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection
Rock of Ages
Blokus
Sideway New York
Toybox Turbos
King Oddball
Furmins
Run Sackboy! Run!

I leveled up 4 times, from rank 29 in 2017 to 33 in 2018.
My most productive month was July with 240 trophies earned. My Least productive was May with 0 earned.
The rarest trophy I earned this year was 'Online King' in Hustle Kings Vita sitting at 0.62% according to PSNprofiles.
The most common I earned this year was 'What does this button do?' in Onrush sitting at 99.96%.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
has someone here platinumed Detroit: Become Human?

I just started and I would like to platinum the game in as little time as possible.

I've checked the guide on playstationtrophies.com and I am not sure what is it exactly that I need to do to avoid wasting time or making the game unnecessary longer. Most guiides say "play at your pace and enjoy, collect trophies later" but apparently this one can make me waste time if I play with that mindset.

can you guys give me some guidelines to follow? I literally just started the game, the guide said I can play it on casual.

preferably avoid spoilers but if it need be, I don't care, just tell me what is it I need to avoid/do.

thanks in advance

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Didn't PS trophies have a walkthrough as well on the forum?

just checked and it does but it's a step-by-step guide. Following it on a 1st playthrough would make playing the game kind of pointless though...

the game is 20 hours long according to gamefaqs. maybe I should just play it once and see what's it about, apparently there are a ton of choices to make and trophies are gotten or lost depending on the actions.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Plat #90 - Burly Men at Sea
A nice short little story book type of game. Enjoyed it, but am glad it was a PS+ game rather then something I purchased outright.

Plat #91 - Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Damn this was fun, basically all the best parts of the uncharted series condensed into a shorter but still excellent game. Was by far the easiest Uncharted platinum. I did it on crushing legit from the get go which was nice instead of having to beat it on hard to unlock crushing.

100% - Here They Lie
Another plus game while I still have the service. Was interesting but a little pointless in the end.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
#431 YS VIII - Lacrimosa of DANA

There's not many lengthy JRPGs I'd play through twice, but this was a pleasure.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Couple more plats Spyro 1 and Persona 5 Dancing. Both easy plats, but really fun. Now working toward finishing Judge Eyes and Salt & Sanctuary - and in S&S's case I don't see that being an easy plat!

Dec 7, 2017
Platinum #17 and Trophy 1,500!
2MJ9JPN.png

Very happy with this game!
It took me 90ish hours but I enjoyed almost all of it(Screw getting the jackpot in the casino for one million tokens bc that took me hours even with the secret trick that everyone online was saying it took them ten minutes ;-; )

Very fantastic game and my first ever Dragon Quest game finished!
I'm thinking about going back and finishing off the last few trophies I need to platinum Dragon Quest Heroes, I really enjoyed that after Hyrule Warriors opened me up to Musou games.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
#432 Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD

I never gelled with the original FFXV and only played it briefly, but I enjoyed this. Loved the artstyle too and the ending was quite emotional.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Plat #92 - Reality Fighters
Not a good game, but the first Vita game I owned so when I found a group going for the dumb online trophy I was happy to finish this up.

100% - SOMA
I played in safe mode. The story was fantastic! I wish there was a little more to the trophies, just finishing the game gives them all. Also a milestone for me, its my 200th 100%!

100% - FEZ
I played this originally on PC, but since I have plus right now I thought it would be a nice set of trophies to have on my profile. Just followed a guide to do it as fast as possible.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
#431 YS VIII - Lacrimosa of DANA

There's not many lengthy JRPGs I'd play through twice, but this was a pleasure.

what??? you have to play through it twice to get the platinum? I played it on Switch without seeing the PS4 trophy list cause I was sure it was going to be a pain in the ass but playing through a RPG that lasts about 80 hours... TWICE to get the trophy. I am glad I decided to play it on switch.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
what??? you have to play through it twice to get the platinum? I played it on Switch without seeing the PS4 trophy list cause I was sure it was going to be a pain in the ass but playing through a RPG that lasts about 80 hours... TWICE to get the trophy. I am glad I decided to play it on switch.

You don't have to, but it's much easier. First playthrough on normal and second on nightmare.