• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Even though a respectable percentage of my Plats are considered rare, rewarding or challenging, when I was into serious trophy hunting I lost count of the amount of crap games with cheap Plats I wasted my money on. I'd even double, triple or quadruple dip from different regions. In hindsight it was absurd, but I was addicted.

I knocked all that on the head a couple of years back and now I only Plat the games I actually enjoy....not only just to eek every little bit out of the available gameplay, but also as I like to challenge myself.
At least you realized that and stopped so, props to you!

#92: Spyro the Dragon
1L891f42.png

Gnasty's Demise

My first time playing a Spyro game from start the finish! The last time I played Spyro was on the demo disc on the original Playstation, so yeah it's been foreeeeever! Wonderful remake, took me about 7h30 to 120% it. Definitely not a difficult game by any mean but I've enjoyed my time with it, looking forward to play the other 2 in the near future. Getting close to plat #100 and I've got a special game for it in mind.

Walt the Dog

Feb 25, 2019
Ha, yes it definitely was harder than I thought. What's bothering me the most when I think about it is the "fastest platinum" milestone on psnprofile. I wish I knew what is my fastest plat beside this haha

Also do you guys try to get some nice trophy for your milestone (like 100th plat and such)?

Generally, I try to get a nice plat for every 100th plat and every 5000th trophy. I especially like my 500th plat, which I had saved up for a while before I could finally pop it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
98% done on DJMax Respect now. Cleared 50 missions thanks to the newest DLC, doubt I'll manage to get the final trophy for the plat, but I'm really happy to finally clear 50 missions :)

Still playing Catherine Full Body. 47%ish done now, but I don't see me getting many more trophies as its mainly endings and NPC related trophies and its more of a grind than fun. Fantastic game to play on the Vita though, portable play makes it all the more addictive, really pleased to see how great the port is gameplay wise.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to crack 1 trophy per day today :D. I've been wanting to get to this point for a couple of years now so it's really really nice to have achieved it finally. Not just that, but I also hit my 1500th trophy too :D.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Finally managed to crack 1 trophy per day today :D. I've been wanting to get to this point for a couple of years now so it's really really nice to have achieved it finally. Not just that, but I also hit my 1500th trophy too :D.
Congrats! :D

platinum.png
#93: Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
1La12eae.png

Grand Finale

platinum.png
#94: Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage!
1L3f1abf.png

Ripto's Remorse
I was already very close to finish Labyrinth of Refrain, maybe about 3 or 4 floors away from the ending so I played Spyro 1, got the 120% and went back to Labyrinth to finish, then moved on to Spyro 2. Ripto's Rage was a solid sequel, building on the fun foundation of the original Spyro game while giving the protagonist a few new moves and having more of a story. Looking forward to 3.

Walt the Dog

Feb 25, 2019
98% done on DJMax Respect now. Cleared 50 missions thanks to the newest DLC, doubt I'll manage to get the final trophy for the plat, but I'm really happy to finally clear 50 missions :)

What trophy do you have left, by chance? 50 missions is one of the harder trophies in the game even with DLC, so I imagine you can get it done with some practice. :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
What trophy do you have left, by chance? 50 missions is one of the harder trophies in the game even with DLC, so I imagine you can get it done with some practice. :)
30 songs max combo cleared, 10* or above. And I've been trying since July '17 to get it. No luck yet! Managed a few but I'm at best 1/3 of the way there with most songs outside my skill ceiling. I'll keep trying as I love the game so damn much, but I dont see me ever getting it.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Not really sure how I'd rank among everyone here, but I'd like to think I'd be pretty far up. :P

I don't really play much hard stuff, though I have made a point to do every Neptunia platinum possible both as a way to set myself apart and because I love the series so much. My last plat was even the latest Neptunia regional release, the Chinese version of 4 Goddesses Online.

Aside from that, I'm mostly working on getting my completion percentage up. I've gotten kinda bored of doing a bunch of super easy stuff lately, especially with the likes of Ratalaika, Sometimes You, and sometimes POWGI pumping out game after game that gives out an easy plat in an hour or less complete with several regional and system stacks, so I'm just going back to do a bunch of stuff that I've left abandoned over the years to make my profile look more clean and rediscover some games that I hardly even gave a chance back in the day. Particularly, I'm trying to do Compile Heart games since I've missed out on a lot of their catalog besides from Neptunia and I'd like to expand my horizons a bit that way. Already, I've discovered Fairy Fencer f that way, which was quite enjoyable to me and at least better than most of the Neptunia games. I might go back to the EZPZ at some point, though if I do, it'll be a hellstorm of it over a month or so to just burn it all out at once and see just how far I can go.

As for what I'm working on right now, I'm pretty much just biding my time until the new DJMax Respect DLC comes out on the 7th, though I'm skipping going through another version of Amnesia: Memories at the moment. Would leave it alone since it's easy and I'm pretty much just text skipping, but I can only access it through a Vita exploit that lets me have play games from an alt account on my main, so I kinda wanna have that done sooner rather than later in the increasingly unlikely event that this gets patched out.

Yeah that looks pretty high.

I have like half your trophies but I aim at 90% + on completion and only play games i'm actually interested in rather than just random games for trophies. It means I get slowed down sometimes. Monster Hunter World due to the RNG took me 400 hours for example ha ha.

I'm currently working on Resident Evil 2, going to take me 6 - 8 playthroughs I think ;^^

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Also do you guys try to get some nice trophy for your milestone (like 100th plat and such)?
Yep! Bloodborne was my 100th, and I needed to play Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Dragon Age II just before and during it to make that happen. Dark times ...

Platinum #256 - Murdered: Soul Suspect

Not good, not terrible, just ... ehhhh. The biggest problem is that it's just not very interesting to me. The premise is great (investigate your own murder with wallclip? Yes please!) but as soon as the scenario is established, it feels like pointless wandering until about the 2/3rd mark.

Platinum #257 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered

Full disclosure: I used the veteran glitch on Mile High Club, because to put it in the politest terms possible, I'm way too old for this shit. All other veteran trophies were legit, and given that I couldn't pass War Room back in the PS3 days on veteran, I'm not ashamed of my words and deeds at this time.

I haven't played COD4 in at least a decade and I don't remember what it looked like on PS3. But if youtube videos can be trusted, Activision and co have done a fantastic job on this game. It's not a resolution upscale by any means ... it looks, feels, and veteran BS aside, plays great. It didn't feel like an old game at all.

Good times.

Also I know COD's always been popular with multiplayer, but christ at this: PSNProfiles says 61.90% of players have completed the first campaign level. The rest went straight to multiplayer. That's insane.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Plat #438 Minesweeper Genius

A nice little stop gap to keep the grey matter in check.

Walt the Dog

Feb 25, 2019
Also I know COD's always been popular with multiplayer, but christ at this: PSNProfiles says 61.90% of players have completed the first campaign level. The rest went straight to multiplayer. That's insane.

From what I know, that's apparently just the case with most of the series. Probably explains certain decisions made by the company, at least. :P

How would the plat be just using the Veteran glitch for every level, anyway? Any levels where the last checkpoint could still be a pain? The game's on my profile, but I'm horrid at FPSes, so even though I know the glitch exists, I've not been in any real rush to do it. Might go back soon though since it was on PS+ and I can just play that version instead of having to put in the Infinite Warfare disc just to play it.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks! It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, of course, but it's almost an achievement of its own lol. Funny enough though, I've already managed to get to 1.01 trophies per day already :D. I feel like this is also helping me to play more games, and enjoy them more too.

Jeez. And that's for a game with a really good campaign, too. Hopefully a lot of those people already played the original's campaign and didn't feel the need to play it again, rather than just jumping straight in and ignoring it completely. As for me I'm going to be playing through it again while I work on Dragon Quest 11 - been wanting to redo it for a while now, and it being on PS+ is about as good a reason as any.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I am about to begin FINAL FANTASY X-2

I have never played it but I know I want to platinum it.

is there any guide anywhere that goes step-by-step as the game progresses telling what to be mindful of?

I went to gamefaqs and playstationtrophies.com and they explain what trophies can be missed but having never played the game, I can't visualize and I am not sure what guides cover the game overall and in a guaranteed-100% manner.

can someone please point me in the direction of a guide that I can use as I play through the game without fearing I missed some line of text or something small but important? I read somewhere the game is a bitch about it.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I am about to begin FINAL FANTASY X-2

I have never played it but I know I want to platinum it.

is there any guide anywhere that goes step-by-step as the game progresses telling what to be mindful of?

I went to gamefaqs and playstationtrophies.com and they explain what trophies can be missed but having never played the game, I can't visualize and I am not sure what guides cover the game overall and in a guaranteed-100% manner.

can someone please point me in the direction of a guide that I can use as I play through the game without fearing I missed some line of text or something small but important? I read somewhere the game is a bitch about it.

It's been a while since I did my platinum run on PS3 but as I recall the 100% completion is the big missable trophy. Every cutscene, certain events, etc all add up to a certain percentage for total game completion. You must follow a guide because if you miss something your entire run is screwed. I had the advantage of playing the game before on the PS2 so I had a rough idea of the game though it had been years since i'd played it at the time.

So tips:

- Follow a 100% guide to the letter. Even certain things out of order can make you miss something.
- Don't skip any cutscenes or dialogue. It was mentioned this can effect your percentage. I never checked to see but better safe than sorry.
- There are several trophies that are missable, but the game plays in chapters so make note of trophies that have requirments in certain chapters.
- I used this trophy guide for most of my playthrough.

All I can think of off the top of my head. I really like the game so I hope you have fun with it but the trophy list is pretty challenging just cause it's easy to make a mistake. Good luck.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
How would the plat be just using the Veteran glitch for every level, anyway? Any levels where the last checkpoint could still be a pain? The game's on my profile, but I'm horrid at FPSes, so even though I know the glitch exists, I've not been in any real rush to do it. Might go back soon though since it was on PS+ and I can just play that version instead of having to put in the Infinite Warfare disc just to play it.
There's at least one level (One Shot, One Kill) where the final checkpoint feels more like RNG than anything else. Not difficult, but wait 3-4 mins hoping you don't get hit by grenades, then run somewhere which has an 80% chance of killing you. Apart from that ... I'm not sure where the final checkpoints are on Shock and Awe, War Room, and Game Over, they could be a little bit tricky (especially Shock and Awe) but nothing platinum-breaking.

The bigger issue you'll probably have is Best Of The Best; look it up beforehand. I'm OK at FPS games, and it took me 12-14 minutes to lower my time between sub-19 seconds to 14.2 seconds using all the tricks in the videos. If you're not good with FPS movement then this could be a huge roadblock.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
#95: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
1Lbc8c9f.png

Party like it's 2024
Whew, fun little trilogy, of course I was done with it shortly after they release the patch that reduce it's filesize and let you turn off motion blur but blah. Was my first time playing those games and it was worth the price.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Platinum #46

Mass Effect Andromeda

Very happy with this one.
The game was sitting unfinished in my backlog for two years and a few weeks ago I was craving for a sci-fi game, so I started it up again. And I'm glad I did, it's a great game! And despite a few nasty missables, a fun and challenging trophy list.
I always liked the fact that you can earn a lot of trophies in both SP and MP in Mass effect games.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
#234 - Resident Evil 2 - I had a blast with this as a huge RE fan, the game is awesome. The trophies though had me finishing the game about 6 or 7 times. Hardcore Runs, S rank runs, no healing, under 14000 steps, no item box etc. Can't say I loved the list just like Remake and 0.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Star Wars Battlefront 2

901.jpg

Choose Your Path
While being marked, defeat 50 enemies in Heroes Vs Villains.

Finally got this after weeks of grinding. Heroes Vs Villains is not my game mode of choice and coming into this game so late after it's release insured that basically everyone playing this was more experienced than me. This, according to most people is the hardest trophy in the game so it shouldn't be too long until I have this platted. My first platinum. lol

Walt the Dog

Feb 25, 2019
Finally hit Level 100 last night. I then proceeded to blaze through three easy plats and I have more on the way now that I don't have to tread carefully to avoid hitting the milestone on some stupid trophy from a Ratalaika game or whatever.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Plat #439 Final Fantasy IX

A nice ultra rare one to add to the collection sitting at 0.8%.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how much of a Xbox community is here, but figured I'd introduce myself.

GT: IMC

Last 1000: College Hoops 2K6 (Please don't judge ha... Getting some of those US games out the way!)

Working on: Rare Replay (doubt I'll get all achievements, but it's fun to chip away at) and Modern Warfare Remastered.

Trueachievements profile https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/IMC

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how much of a Xbox community is here, but figured I'd introduce myself.

GT: IMC

Last 1000: College Hoops 2K6 (Please don't judge ha... Getting some of those US games out the way!)

Working on: Rare Replay (doubt I'll get all achievements, but it's fun to chip away at) and Modern Warfare Remastered.

Trueachievements profile https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/IMC
It seems to be mostly Trophy hunters, but hey, they're mostly the same nowadays.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be mostly Trophy hunters, but hey, they're mostly the same nowadays.

Yeah. But oh well, lists are the same between platforms most of the time anyways, and I used to be a trophy hunter myself (I have around 50 platinums iirc). Fell off the PS4 wagon but still have some occasional titles I wanna check out on the PS4 so might end up posting some trophy related stuff anyways

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
anyone reading this on their way to platinum'ing Sekiro???

I'd be very grateful if you could tell us how's the experience going so far.

on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard and/or long is the platinum going to be???

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get a plat today on my Vita - Super Destronaut DX. Wasn't even trying to get the plat, its pretty much impossible not to. When you get a gold trophy within 10 seconds of starting the game, you know its not going to be a long, or hard plat. Probably took me 2 hours if that.
That said, they could have actually made the plat harder if they wanted - the mission mode, while lacking in imagination actually gets tougher after mission 30 or so. However the last trophy I needed was finish 30 missions so the last dozen or so were just for fun, but there in lies most of the challenge of the game. Other than that, its just a pity that the game is a pretty by the numbers Space Invader clone. Something I'd not be bothered about if it were 1980, but with Space Invader Infinity Gene really switching things up it feels like a waste of potential. Oh well.

Next up for trophies is the PS4 version of Yakuza 4. Its a fairly easy trophy list so aside from those annoying hostess related ones I should be fine (its pretty much the polar opposite to 3 in difficulty, in many ways!) I'm also working on DMC5 but no way am I plat'ing that with some of those S rank trophies.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
also I forgot to answers to this, thanks a lot

It's been a while since I did my platinum run on PS3 but as I recall the 100% completion is the big missable trophy. Every cutscene, certain events, etc all add up to a certain percentage for total game completion. You must follow a guide because if you miss something your entire run is screwed. I had the advantage of playing the game before on the PS2 so I had a rough idea of the game though it had been years since i'd played it at the time.

So tips:

- Follow a 100% guide to the letter. Even certain things out of order can make you miss something.
- Don't skip any cutscenes or dialogue. It was mentioned this can effect your percentage. I never checked to see but better safe than sorry.
- There are several trophies that are missable, but the game plays in chapters so make note of trophies that have requirments in certain chapters.
- I used this trophy guide for most of my playthrough.

All I can think of off the top of my head. I really like the game so I hope you have fun with it but the trophy list is pretty challenging just cause it's easy to make a mistake. Good luck.

as for the bolded, am I safe as long as I don't reach the next chapter or are there always random points of no return within the chapters that will prevent me from getting the missable trophies?

buy the way I missed the hidden moggle at the very very beginning lol so will restart, hopefully not a bad omen of things to come.

I platted both X and X-2 HD on my Vita. Superb games and extremely enjoyable Plats. Good luck!

I hope I enjoy ti too!

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
for the bolded, am I safe as long as I don't reach the next chapter or are there always random points of no return within the chapters that will prevent me from getting the missable trophies?
I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure some of them are specific to what's happening so they may be in certain parts of those chapters. I wrote out a list in chapter order of those particular trophies so I didn't miss them.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Another plat, this time for "I am the Hero" on the Vita. I honestly didn't expect to finish or plat the game this fast. Very easy plat with only one collectable proving to be anything close to challenging to get (the one on the lift). The game has issues (most notably the performance) but I really liked it, liked the combat very much. Feels like a rougher, super duper linear and short Guacamelee (though nowhere near as good). Also almost done with the Bloodstained trophy list, looks like the only tough one remaining is the boss rush trophy. Almost done on the DMC5 S ranks (for one difficulty) as well, just finished mission 18 so I'm basically done with my first run, then its time to see how much further I can progress!

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Any one here that have the Conan exiles game on PS4 free on plus and help do the last trophy the tower of the elephant I would help you get it too. Easy platinum with the admin settings

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
anyone reading this on their way to platinum'ing Sekiro???

I'd be very grateful if you could tell us how's the experience going so far.

on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard and/or long is the platinum going to be???
I'm very slowly chipping away at it while grinding on Warframe, and playing Hitman and Dragon Age Inquisition. 50% done on the trophy list but there's some brutal fights ahead that I don't feel confident about, and I've screwed myself out of two endings so NG+ will be a thing.

I turtled my way through Souls - never parried, 100% block shield, high stamina and strength, maybe a bit of magic blah blah. Only bosses that gave me any real trouble were DS2 DLC at the bottom of a tower, DS3 two dudes at the top of a castle, and BB final DLC boss.

Sekiro is rough. Attributes and skills can be improved, but only at specific points. You can't just grind your way through it. So if you hit a wall, YOU HIT A WALL. There is a high degree of skill involved that can be overcome; tested today and I could get through the starting areas with no deaths whatsoever, versus dying 15+ times the first time around and causing bad things to happen. But it took a very long time to come to grips with it.

I suspect if you parried your way through Souls, you'll have an easier time, with both the fights that ask you to parry, and the others which require very fast, very specific counter moves.

For me this is an 8 or 9 so far, just for how frustrating it feels in parts.

I have other problems with the game but that can wait for another post :(

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Sekiro is rough. Attributes and skills can be improved, but only at specific points. You can't just grind your way through it. So if you hit a wall, YOU HIT A WALL. There is a high degree of skill involved that can be overcome; tested today and I could get through the starting areas with no deaths whatsoever, versus dying 15+ times the first time around and causing bad things to happen. But it took a very long time to come to grips with it.

Eh, you kinda can though! A lot of the skills are super useful, as well as many of the prosthetics which can trivialize some boss battles, or at the very least, make them easier. Plus the game is pretty open ended so outside some exceptions you can always leave a boss if it's giving you trouble and go grind some XP or try your hand at some minibosses for beads.

I'd say that after the initial learning curve and getting over Dark Souls muscle memory of trying to dodge through everything, the game is roughly in the same ballpark of difficulty as, say, DS3.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Platinum #98 - The Witness
Platinum #99 - Riddled Corpses EX
Platinum #100 - Yakuza Kiwami

Enjoyed each of these a lot. The Witness as gorgeous and had suprisingly better puzzle mechanics then I thought it would. Riddled Corpses is pretty generic as far as twin stick shooters come but was a great way to mindlessly enjoy in small burst while I was cooking. Yakuza might be the most frustrating plat I have ever gotten. Spent around 100 hours on it total, got mad a lot. But the story was great and it feels really good to have stuck it all out.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #258 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

It's fun, but I have a huge complaint with this game, and I now need to start reading other threads to see if anyone else is having it: sometimes, the game will not recognise inputs from the controller.

I'm completely serious, this is not some OH COME ON I DEFLECTED THAT salt, it's not thrown-off-balance/stun/whatever so I can't immediately respond input, it's not that. Something simply feels wrong with the game. It mostly occurs during battle, but not necessarily during any kind of button mashing moment. I can push a direction on the stick, start moving, push and hold L1 (not touching any other buttons), and nothing will happen. No block. Continue holding L1, push R1, and the combat art comes out. Same for jumps and dodges sometimes.

I strongly suspect it's tied to framerate as it doesn't run great on a base PS4, and I don't have a pro / good PC to check ... but yeah. This wasn't the direct cause of any deaths, I can blame many other things for that, but every time it happened, it annoyed the crap out of me.

Souls feels so good because the controls are always responsive. This ... doesn't feel as good. If the next gen Playstation does have true BC and it makes this run closer to 60, I'd be very interested to try this again.

Apart from all that ... trophies were annoying, I had to go into NG++ to get the last one. If you're going for the platinum, look up how to get all the ending items before you defeat a certain boss. There is a pointlessly long grind for all the skill points at the end. Bring listening material.

Eh, you kinda can though! A lot of the skills are super useful, as well as many of the prosthetics which can trivialize some boss battles, or at the very least, make them easier. Plus the game is pretty open ended so outside some exceptions you can always leave a boss if it's giving you trouble and go grind some XP or try your hand at some minibosses for beads.
Been thinking about this - I'll mostly agree. Some fights are just mean though. I got stuck for quite a while trying to defeat either one of the Snake Eyes enemies blocking progression to those two areas of the game ... I realise one of them's optional, but I wasn't sure how else to progress, given that I *completely missed* a certain mandatory boss battle earlier in the game resulting in a blocked path. I had a really good set of items, skills and prosthetics, and was still managing to die in record time.

My main complaint is that everyone saying "just use fireworks / ichimonji to stunlock" or similar doesn't really do much for the player's skill. It'll work on some bosses, but then you'll hit a wall again ... and yet ... earlyish mid-game, there were two bosses where that strategy seemed absolutely mandatory to get any kind of progression, until I got gud. And that didn't happen until many hours later.

I'd say that after the initial learning curve and getting over Dark Souls muscle memory of trying to dodge through everything, the game is roughly in the same ballpark of difficulty as, say, DS3.
100% agree. I'd say it's a little bit easier; there was a boss in DS2 and a boss in DS3 that I couldn't do without help. The optional bosses need a bit of study and practice, but they're not excessively difficult.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats the plat!
Did you plat other From games as well? And if so, how does Sekiro compare in terms of difficulty?
I mean, Deracine's on the backlog ... 🤔

Per above though, there were DS2 and DS3 bosses that I couldn't beat without help. The more I think about it, I think Sekiro was easier.
But honestly, this is a very tricky question to answer. I'm just going to vomit out some random thoughts.

There is nothing unusual in the trophy list compared to previous games. Just need to plan ahead with the endings.

I feel Bloodborne skills are no help whatsoever, unless you played super aggresive with the rally mechanic which will help with Sekiro. Dodging is mostly out (that was easily the biggest barrier) and gun parrying didn't prepare me for this.

If you parried through any Souls game, you'll be fine.

If you turtled through Souls ... there's several painful hours of re-adjustment ahead.

There is definitely an element of rhythm / pattern recognition and reactions which doesn't feel present in Souls. I mean, it's all there, but this feels faster and more unforgiving. Almost like a fighting game in some respects.

And some of the bosses ... the game expects you to defeat some of them in certain ways. This one? You MUST deplete health to 50%, then either continue doing that, or break posture for a kill. That one? You MUST posture break it otherwise you will get wrecked very quickly. The secret boss? Throw everything you've been doing out the window and just stick to running / jumping / evading like a madman. It feels much less flexible than Souls, where different builds, weapons, magic, grinding etc etc gave you more leeway.

Some of the bosses are also complete bastards. Like 2 or so hours of trying, dying, learning and finally succeeding.

Sorry, that's a whole lot of text to say very little. It's hard to directly compare this to Souls. They share some similarities (lore, geometry / level design, engine framepacing), but everything else is difficult to compare.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
Platinum #125 - Disgaea D2

Thanks to the recent launch of PS Now in my country, I've finally been able to play numerous PS3 games. Disgaea D2 being one of them.

This is the 4th time I've platinumed a Disgaea game, and each time I know how painful it's going to be, so I was very hesitant at first.

As usual, I had to traverse the Item world, steal all R40 weapons, view every skill and collect every item. Thankfully, reverse pirating and ship part collecting isn't necessary to do this time around, that was definitely the worst parts about Disgaea 3 and 4.

It took me around 55 hours to collect all trophies. So, not as bad as I thought it would be. D2 and Disgaea 5 are definitely the easiest ones to platinum, but they will most likely still give you a headache.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Yakuza 4 on the PS4 last weekend. Only 2 trophies short - one for EX hard mode (which isn't unlocked until you beat the game once) and one for clearing normal difficulty without dropping to easy - this one I missed because it doesn't stack on hard. Yakuza games are easy enough normally, but 4 on normal is painfully easy so replaying on that difficulty will be mildly annoying (I've got 4 champion rings to thankfully up the difficulty!)
Its an amazing game though, some plot issues here and there but its another incredibly solid game in the series, easy trophies as well, one of the easiest plats in the entire series (until 6 anyway). 100%ing the optional completion list is another matter though, but there's no trophy for that - though there is for my next two Yakuza games - Judgment and Yakuza 5 (cannot wait!)

Now back to Rabi Ribi and Devil May Cry 5. I doubt I'll plat DMC5 with that damn S rank trophy on each difficulty, but I just need to clear the prologue with an S rank on Devil Hunter for one trophy.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Divinity Original Sin 2 - Was loads to miss on this so I had to do a quick second run. Amazing game though.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I got my 8th Platinum today, Sekiro! An extraordinary game that lived up to my loftiest expectations, and has become one of my favorite games of all time by now. The Platinum is fun; it forces you to do multiple playthroughs so you really get to feel that you exhausted most of the content of the game. There's only one grindy trophy, but doing 4 playthroughs for the endings I managed to get most of the skills naturally. Much better than the ludicrous grindfest involved in DS2 or 3 with the Covenant Items.

How my blood boils!

Face me, Sekiro!

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got my 8th Platinum today, Sekiro! An extraordinary game that lived up to my loftiest expectations, and has become one of my favorite games of all time by now. The Platinum is fun; it forces you to do multiple playthroughs so you really get to feel that you exhausted most of the content of the game. There's only one grindy trophy, but doing 4 playthroughs for the endings I managed to get most of the skills naturally. Much better than the ludicrous grindfest involved in DS2 or 3 with the Covenant Items.

How my blood boils!

Face me, Sekiro!
Yeah, I still have maybe five hours of grinding left in Sekiro, but it doesn't bother me too much for exactly this reason.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #259 - Dragon Age: Inquisition

I feel absoultely nothing. That's my fault, though - having done the game in one run (nightmare / hardest difficulty), spending so much time in the first two zones meant that I was 80% checked out and half-skipping dialogue by the time I reacked Skyhold, and 100% skipping everything about 5 hours later. The rest was just a mindless grind for the next 60 hours.

It's strange because I remember thinking that Dragon Age Origins wasn't that bad. I remember very little else about it, though. Series just isn't for me.

Between this, ME:A, and Anthem though, I'm quietly confident that Bioware have at least ONE good game coming to consoles this generation. They can't f up the Baldur's Gate ports. Right? Right? Anyone? :(

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
4cTOfAx.png

ZKUWIbF.png

From my first trophy, to my 100th platinum. Kinda glad I never finished the plat from when i started it years ago. But it made the decision really hard as to what I wanted for my 100th plat to be. I was thinking 98 could be wolfenstein, 99 Wolf old blood and then Wolf II for my 100th. Then 98 kinda came and went and i started thinking maybe I could do Uncharted 1 PS4 since that was my first plat, then I decided against that too. Settled on Stardust, was a huge avid player back in the day and got pretty high up on the leaderboards too, all the 'hard' trophies in Ultra I first tried so at least I know I still got it :D.

Fun fact: I'm 42 in the world to have gotten Late Boomer, the first hard trophy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1-super-stardust-hd/15-late-boomer

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017

I have a problem with this guide... it doesn't seem to match the % rates of the PS4 version.

could it be that the PS2 has different completion percentages?

when I complete the tasks on the ship for the first time, I am at exactly 3% (shown both on the save file and the screen when you are heading somewhere) and not 3.4%

I have done exactly what the guide says, moogle and all. Maybe I should do something else on the Shinra menu?? I already played the journey movie.

watching a youtube video to see if there's a "3.4%" right before heading to Gagazet the first time, it turns out its 3%.... does the screen ever show decimal numbers??

can someone help me out here?? it's driving me crazy.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
I have a problem with this guide... it doesn't seem to match the % rates of the PS4 version.

could it be that the PS2 has different completion percentages?

when I complete the tasks on the ship for the first time, I am at exactly 3% (shown both on the save file and the screen when you are heading somewhere) and not 3.4%

I have done exactly what the guide says, moogle and all. Maybe I should do something else on the Shinra menu?? I already played the journey movie.

watching a youtube video to see if there's a "3.4%" right before heading to Gagazet the first time, it turns out its 3%.... does the screen ever show decimal numbers??

can someone help me out here?? it's driving me crazy.
Nope, it never shows decimals. It will only switch to 4 when you hit 4.0%.

You can therefore use x.0 markers in the guide to see if you're still on track.

Personal experience: following a guide to the letter, I finished on 99. Needed a brief NG+ to chapter 2 to max it out.