• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/trophy-hun...-he-took-aim-lion-complete-collection-1657467

IBTimes said:
A Croatian hunter died in an apparent freak accident as he aimed his rifle at a lion to crown his trophy collection, according to reports.

Pero Jelinic, 75, died after he was hit by a stray bullet on a hunting trip in South Africa.

According to his friend Slavko Pernar, Jelinic was taking part in "canned" lion hunting – a legal but widely condemned practice in South Africa where hunters shoot and kill lions bred in captivity – when he was hit.

The hunter had already shot one lion on the trip and was hoping to kill another before he himself was shot.

I mean... well... justice is served?

I think the police are still investigating whether it was an accident or homicide. By another hunter, not the Lion.

Oct 25, 2017
The hunter that shot him finally got to experience what all trophy hunters really want deep down. I wonder if he'll mount the guy's head on the wall.

kingocfs

Oct 25, 2017
New York
giphy.gif

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"It was a good death"

I fully expect that any hunter knows they're also fair game when they are hunting, whether it's by animals or stray bullets.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There's something fucked up about breeding lions for the sole purpose of putting them in a gun range. No real sympathy here.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Freak accident".... lol running around in the wilderness with guns and getting shot isn't a freak accident.

Well deserved anyway.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting this comes up.

I've been becoming increasingly interested in joining the global anti-poaching coalition. If anyone is interested in learning more about how poachers are taken down, I suggest you give this video a watch. It's insane how these poachers are reaching capabilities of small PMCs.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Don't want to sound "tasteless" or insensitive at the lost of a human life. But imagine you are a Lion just there, chilling minding your shit and some asshole comes to kill you for "sport", that sucks and it seems like poetic justice.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Really tasteless comments here
Trophy hunting is goddam abominable and has literally driven wild (and captive, don't take the "this is a reserve" defense) animals to extinction

I'm okay with deer and hog hunting because you're eating the meat and putting the animal to use.

If you hunt fucking lions, rhinos, and elephants for trophies, you deserve whatever unfortunate death you stumble into.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"It was a good death"

I fully expect that any hunter knows they're also fair game when they are hunting, whether it's by animals or stray bullets.

Any hunter? Are people satisfying their weird need to impose themselves on a helpless animal by paying for a no-skill elaborate game of pretend considered hunters?

Really tasteless comments here

He died doing a tasteless practice that he did to try and mitigate any real effort / danger.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Any hunter? Are people satisfying their weird need to impose themselves on a helpless animal by paying for a no-skill elaborate game of pretend considered hunters?

He died doing a tasteless practice that he did to try and mitigate any real effort / danger.

Yup. Doesn't mean joking about his death isn't tasteless.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine getting shot while trying to kill a lion that lives in a cage. That is some irony right there.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
It's incredibly shitty to kill these animals, but I wish laughing at peoples death would have stayed at that other place.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
agreed.
This reminds me when those guys were kicking squirrels off the grand canyon and people were like "he should have died instead" like wtf

I don't know about that incident, but I'm not sure what you're thinking is. Should we be mourning the death of someone who killed animals for fun? I think justice was served here, this person can no longer go on killing other living beings just as a hobby. I would understand killing for food, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

People like this are monsters in my opinion. I'm not going to say I'm happy he died, but like the poster above said, I'm happy no more animals will be killed by him.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
If we can't laugh/joke about an asshole who shoots cats through a fence, then who can we laugh at?

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
It's incredibly shitty to kill these animals, but I wish laughing at peoples death would have stayed at that other place.
You're delirious if you think there aren't other threads relishing death and tragedy on gross people on this forum. Get this outta here.
If we can't laugh/joke about an asshole who shoots cats through a fence, then who can we laugh at?
When they go low, we have to go high!

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm going to play the moral police here too.

Anyone who thinks they're taking the high road by calling out people who don't care that someone who killed for fun was themselves killed in the act of killing for fun, are the actual empathy-lacking psychos here.

Status
Not open for further replies.