• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
So DBZ: Kakarot comes out later this week and, of course, the trophies have already been listed.

Nothing really out of the ordinary in the listings, except for one thing. A boss fight against a character never before shown is revealed. No clue if this is the only secret boss or if it's the only one with a trophy tied to them.

Without further ado

SWHqeIW.png

Mira will be a secret boss fight in Kakarot. For those who don't know; Mira is a main antagonist from the Dragon Ball Xenoverse games, he's mostly a right hand man type in the first game while being a bigger threat in second. As far as we know, Mira is the only character (outside of Kakarot original Bonyu) to be in the game that's from a Dragon Ball property beyond the Z anime and the original manga.

Here is Mira for those who've never seen him.

Source: https://www.exophase.com/game/dragon-ball-z-kakarot-psn/trophies/

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ew. Of all the characters to include...why?

Janemba would've been a cooler secret boss. :/

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Please don't be the only one. I liked that the Legacy of Goku games had optional ones like Cooler or Broly.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Mira is pretty meh but at least is better than non-canon Broly

Edit: Thinking about it Janemba or Cooler could been better

OP
OP
Annabel

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Ew. Of all the characters to include...why?

Janemba would've been a cooler secret boss. :/
Cooler would've also been a cooler secret boss.

For real though I thought for sure a movie villain was gonna be a secret boss, maybe multiple ones. I don't hate Mira but it's a pretty weird choice for a game that's supposed to be about just Z.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this means that the inevitable sequel is going to be more of a unique story than a DBZ retread given what they could use this to segue into.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You know who would be an awesome secret boss? Shen / Hero.

Grandpa Goku would also be pretty neat.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love for more side content to be in the game besides this. The movie villains not being in is so weird to me.

OP
OP
Annabel

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
First they should add to Xenoverse some of Heroes demons in order to have a story that is more than "history changed, we fixed it, repeat"
Would be cool now that Heroes made it overseas last year. Who knows what wackiness could get in the games now (if it ever happens.)

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I'd love for more side content to be in the game besides this. The movie villains not being in is so weird to me.
It's even wierder because a lot of the movies (Slug, Cooler, Janemba, old Broly) have places and enemies that could be easily used as a way to fill the game with content kinda like what Buu's Fury did with Janemba

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does literally anyone actually like the xenoverse/heroes/DBonline original characters? I feel like people who like those games generally do so in spite of those characters (or at the very least don't care either way)

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Disappointing. Beerus as an optional superboss would've been godlike (pun totally fucking intended)

Here, it's just like "Oh, the Xenoverse villain OC. Okay. (._.)"

Attack of the Saiyans had a really neat postgame superboss, though.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Mira will probably be a post game fight, which is why he's tied to a trophy. Wouldn't worry about this being concerning for movie villains showing up. Hopefully they're in as side missions

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing. Beerus as an optional superboss would've been godlike (pun totally fucking intended)

Here, it's just like "Oh, the Xenoverse villain OC. Okay. (._.)"

Attack of the Saiyans had a really neat postgame superboss, though.
For Beerus, we go to the final main mission. As soon as you go to hit Beerus he one shots you. Credits

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think Bandai Namco mandates Xenoverse shit be in all the games or something. It's WEIRDLY consistent.
It makes sense though, right? Xenoverse introduced the DB multiverse and it would be logical for this game to be included in that. Whether or not a potential sequel of this will continue going towards that road is anyone's guess