• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
We do not know if Troy was "championing for more money"

Hell as most people kept pointing out in the previous thread about this, Atlus got him again for Catherine Full Body. He never had a problem or complained about whenever Matt Mercer took over one of his roles.
Neither was Guy or the other Silent Hill 2 voice actors. They were all very supportive of their voice acting be used. Konami just fucked up with all of the original contracts and didn't have anything in place for reusing the original acting. So they decided it wasn't worth their time to round up everybody and just went with a new cast. That's why Guy wasn't the only one replaced even though some were outright saying they'd gladly do it for free like Mary's. Troy was 100% full of shit.
troy was criticizing, the original james voice actor for demanding residuals or he wouldn't come back to do the voice, when no one was getting residuals for voice acting at the time, which i think is fair criticism of the time. Troy never argued he believed they shouldnt get residuals. his comments about not questioning the company i admit isnt a great comment, and u derstand people taking issue with it, but honestly dont really hold ill will towards troy for this comment, as he really hasnt done anything else i have an issue with. So i do still find it a cheap shot, that someone always has to bring this comment up from so long ago like it nullifies anything troy will ever do or say afterwards is a bit absurd.
See above

Last edited:

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I have never trusted Randy, he has a track record of lying to consumers and then after he does, tries to play the victim.

The fact that he is actively happy to support EGS makes me trust him even less as well.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is the reason I don't touch anything Gearbox - sorry for the folks that work there, but I refuse to enable this pathological liar.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Add me to the list of people utterly shocked that known liar Randy Pitchford may not have been telling the truth here.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Never forget Randy Pitchford made up a story about 'winning' the name 'Gearbox' from Gabe Newell in a poker game. Gabe then said basically yeah that never happened.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, at this point Troy Baker must have a high asking price for a VA that Gearbox didn't want to commit to. Considering Troy's talent and popularity, that's understandable.

Also, LOL Randy. Guy's a fuckin joke.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's a shame that one of my favorite video game franchise is attached to this Randy guy. A real shame. Gearbox would be so much better without him.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Randy Pitchford is the almost perfect classical example of a narcissistic, pathological liar. The amount of bullshit that routinely pours from his mouth borderlines on the surreal, and almost every anecdote, no matter the utterly grandiose or bewildering triviality, he will always be in an oddly specific position as the central player and never at fault.

Oct 25, 2017
I get wanting to believe Troy Baker over Randy Pitchford, and I feel similarly, but why won't he just tell the whole story, then?

This is still vague enough to fit with the previous theory of "he/his agent asked for more money, Gearbox never got back to them." If he was never even asked, why wouldn't he just say it? Going with "he should fact check before tweeting!" makes it sound like it wasn't straight up a lie, just missing information.

"I didn't say no, I just asked for more money!" probably doesn't sound great, though, which is why I'm still inclined to believe that.

But personally, I don't think it should sound bad, there's nothing wrong with trying to negotiate to be paid the amount your work is worth now. "Passion" shouldn't come before fair work conditions, that's the whole bullshit premise that drives so many people to unhealthy crunch.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Imagine being somebody in the other thread who was defending pathological liar, financial criminal, and potentially something even worse Randy Pitchford.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone even believe his name is even Randy Pitchford at this point? Has he ever told the truth about anything?

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Randy said that the casting director told him that troy declined. I'm guessing this may have been a communication breakdown between the casting director and Troy's agent. more than Randy lying. That being said Randy does have a habit of lying/being disingenuous

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Pitchford is such a snake. Christ I wish I could buy Borderlands games without any money going to him lol