• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
https://globalnews.ca/news/5083904/...ng/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalNews

Jaskirat Singh Sidhu, the semi-truck driver involved in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash, has been sentenced to eight years in prison.

Melfort provincial court Judge Inez Cardinal delivered her decision Friday, determining the 30-year-old's fate after he was in a rural Saskatchewan collision that killed 16 people and injured 13 others.

Sidhu had pleaded guilty in January to 16 counts of dangerous driving causing death and 13 counts of dangerous driving causing bodily harm.

He was sentenced to eight years for each count of causing death, and five years for each count of bodily harm. The sentences are to be served concurrently.

I get the 8 years per death and 5 years for each count of bodily harm, what I find confusing is that he gets to serve it concurrently. If he would have killed 30, 50, it would have been the same?

Oct 30, 2017

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
..., what I find confusing is that he gets to serve it concurrently.
That's the difference between a proper justice system and the US where stacking sentences seems to be a contest for judges. 8 years for an accident is plenty, locking him away forever won't help anyone except those who have a lust for revenge.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Honestly, still seems like too much for an accident. This is an instance where the crime is the punishment.

Just a heart breaking and awful scenario all around.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If it was a legit accident why did he get 8 years for each death he caused? Seems like there was negligence (and the article attributed to that)

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
just depressing frankly, can't even really be happy throwing him in jail considering he wasn't distracting himself or under the influence