• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Rhomega

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The Special Transport DLC is out. $4.99. You'll get an (in-game) email giving you a list of where all the routes start. You can also filter Special Transport in the top-left corner of the Jobs screen.

Last edited:

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Special Transport is a load of fun, the true heavy haul challenge. The route through the mountains in the north DLC is the most brutal thing in game

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that looks REALLY good especially this one
07.jpg

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I'm all in for more offroad fun in ATS, you can only drive on highways for so long before it all blurs together. Hopefully SCS gets better luck with license deals for new trucks this year, or maybe rigids as well

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all in for more offroad fun in ATS, you can only drive on highways for so long before it all blurs together. Hopefully SCS gets better luck with license deals for new trucks this year, or maybe rigids as well

In my opinion if they can't get truck license rights, then they should just do what they did originally with ETS2 before: use fake brand surnames which are close but not exact. I'd rather drive a Freightloader which is accurately modeled than not have a Freightliner at all.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
In my opinion if they can't get truck license rights, then they should just do what they did originally with ETS2 before: use fake brand surnames which are close but not exact. I'd rather drive a Freightloader which is accurately modeled than not have a Freightliner at all.
I don't think SCS can get away with that again: the company is too big for that, and doing that only hurted obtaining the real brands in ETS2. Considering the brand packs so far, with murmurs of a good year one on the way, SCS only has everything to lose by pulling that off again

Last edited:

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
It's certainly the baltics with the russian enclave, which asks the question of how the connection will work (short of going east being made free)

as for more fun things, KRONE trailers DLC and work on fun new things with trailers (Rigids? ownable trailers?)

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it feels like they are adding on to ETS2 still faster than ATS which needs it more.

I actually haven't played much of ETS2 since ATS came out, I should switch back over for awhile, lol.

Zepp Twofist

Oct 27, 2017
ETS2 has had 4 map expansions in five years while ATS has had 2 expansions and a rework of three states in less than 2 years. They are picking up the pace for both games, but in terms of maps produced over time ATS is ahead.

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else us Promods? I've it setup with Rusmap, Project Balkans, The Great Steppe and a few others. It expands the map so much and makes places like Germany way better. I can drive from Moscow to Iceland. The quality of it is amazing, much better than most the ATS mods (other than Viva Mexico, which is really good)

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
NIce 12 minute preview video of the upcoming Oregon expansion for ATS, done by SCS themselves no less:

Love the logging roads, but I wish they'd shown more of the open road, as that was a super short delivery, lol.

Makikou

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Oregon DLC will be great for ATS. Right now I'm really enjoying the Operation Big Sur event though.

Also looking forward to the baltics hitting ETS2 (and germany revisit)

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Gone back in hardcore on this game (ETS2). Bought all the maps that are out, started hiring drivers, and got the bigger haul DLC. It's just so relaxing to do. Can't wait for Russia, and hopefully then Iberia.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
The DLC is so good, great vistas and mountain roads.

Also, Volvo is joining soon as well

OP
OP
Rhomega

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Depends on where you are and where you're going. The shortest can be a few minutes, transporting from one part of town to the other. Others can be from one end of the map to the other, and can take over an hour.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
After 10,000 years, the Volvo VNL is finally free to conquer earth be driven in ATS

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I ended up picking up the map packs (France/Italy/Scandinavia) for ETS2 to go along with my new VR Headset. I gotta say, ETS2 + VR is quite an experience. I just reached Napoli, and the scenery nearly got me killed. I can't wait to see what parts of Oregon look like.

If you know anyone with a headset, just kindly steal it for a little bit. It's definitely worth trying.

Here are some slightly older pics to add to the thread:

YGyU515.png

BhPLWV8.png

Se5xoAt.png

rtb3oWk.png

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
As I write this, 30,000 people are playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam. That's more than Artifact, Valve's new card game, and giants like Garry's Mod, The Witcher 3, and Football Manager. It might seem like an anomaly, but anyone who's spent any time in this sim's recreation of Europe will understand completely.

Czech developer SCS Software released Euro Truck Simulator back in 2012, and the game has since developed a cult following—including several members of the PC Gamer team. But why? Well, fundamentally, because it's good. It has satisfying driving physics, a vast, atmospheric map and a peaceful, stress-free way about it that you can easily lose an entire evening to. Fans of the game often describe it as hypnotic, and it really is.

How Euro Truck Simulator 2 became an unlikely cult hit on PC

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017

Very good article, and so true. I like this quote:

I ask Ĺ ebor what particular magic he thinks the game has, and why I can play it for two to three hours at a time without realising. "I think it's because the game doesn't stress you out or ask for 110% of your focus," he says. "You can just enjoy yourself, drive and relax. Exploring cities, enjoying the weather effects, trying one of the many different fan-made mods, or just flicking on the in-game radio and driving wherever the road takes you."

So true!

Nov 1, 2017
Washington DLC is looking great!

Servicing the logging industry (together with farming industry) will be an important aspect of the in-game economy for the upcoming Washington map expansion. If you are looking for a more challenging drive, you will not only come across beautiful open roads but also winding and dusty ones leading through the thick forests of Washington State. The most interesting example of this is the logging cliff road used to transport tons of logs and wood chips as well as to haul heavy logging machinery.

Our map designers also have a new tool and process for scenic background creations available. This will help us create an even more immersive environment in our games. We used them extensively while creating this hill-side road.

003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

https://blog.scssoft.com/2019/03/washington-logging-cliff-road.html

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Trying out the voice navigation in ATS (1.35 update has left beta). I can't believe they got Doug Cockle (voice actor for Geralt of Rivia) to do one of the navigation voices. That's awesome. :D

Trying out the DX11 render too and it seems to provide a significant boost in performance. On DX9 I had to turn down shadows a notch and only ran it at 125% scaling and it couldn't always maintain 60fps (this is with an i7-3930k CPU and 980Ti GPU at 2560x1080). But now I can put shadows at ultra and run it on 400% scaling and haven't noticed any performance drops.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
ETS2 VR in DX11 is a dream.

ATS 1.35 VR Branch is now updated. Right before the DLC release. Awesome.

Last edited:

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Utah is as good as the last two. I'm excited to give it a go.