• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Wait is his point that 3000 people died of old age!?

No. That health and emergency services who calculated the death toll straight up lied at the democrats behest to make him look bad, otherwise his own government still official toll of less than 100 and 'huge suceess' relief efforts are lies.

It's just another vile case of his lying until it's true, believe me over the media spiel he NEEDS his followers to believe. Thus he turned a tragedy political.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Even if we all vote we still have to deal with gerrymandering and possible Russian interference.
If enough of us come out and vote we can nullify those things. In fact, in a big enough wave election gerrymanders can actually work against you depending on the type of gerrymander it is, so it's important we overwhelm the polls.

There is nothing more important right now than this upcoming election. We can drive a stake through Trump if we take back the Senate on top of the House.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
If enough of us come out and vote we can nullify those things. In fact, in a big enough wave election gerrymanders can actually work against you depending on the type of gerrymander it is, so it's important we overwhelm the polls.

There is nothing more important right now than this upcoming election. We can drive a stake through Trump if we take back the Senate on top of the House.

This. If Dems can take back control of both houses, they'll kill Trump's ability to get anything done until 2020, barring executive orders, which just makes him look like a hypocrite.

Of course best best case scenario is we take the house and run the table on flipping seats in the Senate, then get either Murawski or Collins to flip, and impeachment with removal from office is assured. Won't happen, but it's a nice dream.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
At this point he's just trying to see how far he can go. This really is a new low

Unless impeachment happens, the only option is to vote in 2020. The US first need somebody who can go against Trump. I haven't followed US politics in a while, but as far as I'm aware there aren't any contenders yet.

I wish it was as easy as just voting, but I live in California where over 4 million votes didn't really count in 2016 because of the electoral college.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nail this motherfucker with investigations after nov. He's fucked if he thinks the press is bad now. Things are only going to get worse from here on out.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I wish it was as easy as just voting, but I live in California where over 4 million votes didn't really count in 2016 because of the electoral college.
I'm in California, too.

First, we always need to be voting because we need to keep this state blue. It wasn't always that way. If we slack off we lose our grip. Consistent pressure over time is how things actually change in politics and voting is a part of applying that pressure.

Second, there's a lottt of other important races and initiatives to vote for besides just the President. Your vote for President may be diminished here by the electoral college, but it's just as important for all the other things on the ballot.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Where does the 3,000 figure come from?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...187f427e253_story.html?utm_term=.c10d5a683835

Trump thoroughly mischaracterized how the death toll of 2,975 was tallied in the study, conducted by George Washington University.

GWU researchers did not, contrary to his claim, attribute any specific individual's death to Maria. Given the methodology, there was not an opportunity to misclassify someone who died of old age, as Trump suggested.

Rather, the study looked at the number of deaths from September 2017 to February 2018 and compared that total with what would have been expected based on historical patterns. The researchers factored in many variables, including the departure of hundreds of thousands of island residents in the aftermath of Maria.

Had the GWU researchers done what Trump claimed they did — attributing any death to Maria — the six-month death toll from the hurricane would have been 16,608.

Carlos Santos-Burgoa, principal investigator of the GWU study and a professor in the Department of Global Health, said he and his colleagues were unbiased in their work.

"We stand by the science underlying our study. It is rigorous. It's state-of-the-art. We collected the data from the official sources. Everything can be validated," he said. "We didn't receive any pressure from anybody to go this way or that way. We wouldn't do it. We are professionals of public health."

Nov 7, 2017
One day, we'll find ourselves arguing that the sky is blue just because the orange fuckwit says it isn't. Can't believe he isn't just being met with mockery and disgust and people actually support his comments.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
From someone replying to a post my cousin made on Facebook and I'm now irrationally angry from reading it:

3000 died, but only if you do everything you can to link their deaths via the butterfly effect. Sure, some indirect deaths should be attributed, but I read a lot of stories that shouldn't be attributed. It's sad that a lot of that number is partisan BS and pseudo science.

While at Ft Lewis we had a fairly good sized Earthquake. The media was so desperate to hype it that they attributed a 80 something year old lady dying of a heart attach to the earthquake. Yeah, ok.

Blood leads in the news. A 90 plus year old invalid lady dying of sepsis due to infected bed sores is not the result a hurricane. It's from a lazy ass staff not turning her.

Dehydrated folks dying months later while millions of gallons of water sits undistributed has nothing to do with a hurricane and everything to do with corruption. Yes, leadership on that island allowed citizens to die for political points. We had folks waiting to move the supplies but nobody allowed them to do so. It's sick.

Sociopaths gonna sociopath no matter how many fucking people die.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I think the idea of an anti-rumor FEMA page is important and a good idea, but I can't help but feel part of it is done out of pettiness rather than true concern.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I like this image

DnDkxsOW4AIPQhN

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
All these conservative morons jumping on this boat to agree with him. Do you know why Trump is claiming 3000 Americans didn't die in PR? He told you, right in the open. It makes him look bad. Once you understand how narrow the lens of himself he looks through everything with is, you'll understand how almost every dumb claim he makes works.

The number makes him look bad, so he denies it's true. That's it. There's no deeper thought or basis to any of it, and the idiots on Fox going "Uh uh uh yeah they were totes inflated", like he was actually making a real claim, are beyond the pale.
Now consider that he does this for everything he thinks makes him look bad, and that absolutely everything in his mind revolves around him only, and that he sees everything in binary, either "good for Trump" or "bad for Trump".

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It legitimately shocks me to see my government not just look at a statistic of American deaths and claim they did a good job in the situation, but to go further and claim that the number of death people who suffered horribly and are still mourned by their loved ones didn't just die due to their negligence but didn't die AT ALL. To claim their deaths DON'T EXIST.

It's monstrous.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump believes in only being held accountable for when he showed up, everything else... doesn't affect him... not accountability
What... I showed up, give me good grades... the rest you're on yer own

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Government response to a crisis both federal and local dictate the fucking survival rates of the victims man come on. You can't just somehow wash your hands of a US territory because arbitrary reasons. If things were lacking then that's literally a BIGGER incentive to fucking act, not a reason to ignore.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The media is so afraid of being accused of bias that they end up normalizing bullshit.

Notice the only thing they say is false is the Dems thing.
I seriously don't get it. They are already seen as 'fake' and biased by the entire Trump base. They might as well lean into it. They are actively damaging the country by normalizing and giving him the benefit of the doubt on what are clearly outright LIES.

Not 'mistruths' not 'mispoke' ninety percent of the time anything he says is a bald ass LIE

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Government response to a crisis both federal and local dictate the fucking survival rates of the victims man come on. You can't just somehow wash your hands of a US territory because arbitrary reasons. If things were lacking then that's literally a BIGGER incentive to fucking act, not a reason to ignore.
Pretty much. What he's saying still comes off as 'Puerto Rico was this bad beforehand, and we did nothing to help them with this issue.'

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't get it. They are already seen as 'fake' and biased by the entire Trump base. They might as well lean into it. They are actively damaging the country by normalizing and giving him the benefit of the doubt on what are clearly outright LIES.

Not 'mistruths' not 'mispoke' ninety percent of the time anything he says is a bald ass LIE

It's the same effect imo that allows Trump supporters here to stay as long as they only boast about loving him because of economics.

There's a weird desire to prove those who say liberal bias, progressive haven, etc... wrong and the result is overcompensation that does no one any good.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
From someone replying to a post my cousin made on Facebook and I'm now irrationally angry from reading it:

Sociopaths gonna sociopath no matter how many fucking people die.
Ask that piece of shit to post the links to the stories 'he's read'. I want to see what his fucking sources are, though something tells me deep in my bowels that I already know what they are.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
There are literally people dying in a CURRENT HURRICANE and this is where Trump's mind is.

Unfortunately, we're at that state in American society where 60 million Americans will applaud casually disregard the death of anyone not white as either irrelevant, or an improvement to American quality of life. And if Real Americans die in the effort squash the proliferation of fake Americans, who aren't 100% local the white people are, who obviously always been on the North American continent and aren't immigrants or colonists, then those are acceptable losses. Love of country is being overrun by racism.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Trump, Fox News, the GOP, and their brainwashed masses are trying their best to make Puerto Rico out to be one of those ultra-impoverished, war torn countries you see in movies. As if it was a hellscape even before the hurricane.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
The media should be calling this shit out front and center and put the sources front and center so that more people know that the burden is on Trump and his fuckboys playing white knight for him. These wack ass headlines just make it easier for some backbone-lacking fence sitters to sit there and continue to ask where the numbers are coming from or that they are exaggerated or any other lame answer.

Thurston Last

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
As a Californian it's crazy to me that half of those states combined would have less people than just the city of Los Angeles. New York City has millions more people than those states combined.

And it's kind of infuriating that states like them can have more say in elections than we do.

They don't have more say, those 5 states only have 16 electoral votes combined, compared to California's 55.

If you are saying that individual voters in those states have more power, then yes. However the electoral college system is not designed to give equal voting power to each individual citizen. It is mean to help represent each state as an independent entity. The US is republic of states, not a pure democracy. In a pure popular vote system, no-one would ever travel or even care about anyone in those states, they would be ignored. I am not saying the EC is a perfect system, but it has its merits.