• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Trump addresses the nation on border security (1/8 9pm) |OT| I. DECLARE. EMERGENCYYYYYYY

Dec 26, 2018
This was true until the last year or two. I reckon he's getting a fortune now in kickbacks from businesses he has benefited & Russian money.
Which means the government are going to want to look at it. Easier to go unnoticed as an obnoxious "billionaire" in real estate and reality tv then a POTUS who sold out his country to the Russians.

Dec 12, 2017
trumps rich. he can pay for the wall
Trump has long bragged about using other people's money to finance his ideas, so no. Besides, this wall nonsense isn't even about a wall. It's about WINNING and not appearing weak. So he will fight because it's a "thing" he has to "win". It's like a child whining over a toy he doesn't even really want because he realized you won't give it to him.

It how this clown reasons. Double down and throw a tantrum when things don't go your way.

Oct 27, 2017
I don’t like how the AP framed that Tweet either, but I’m not sure how helpful it is to light up what is arguably one of the last unbiased resources for news in this country.

I feel the same way about the recent kvetching on here about the NYT, by the way. Just because it doesn’t fit your views doesn’t automatically DQ it as journalism. That’s a very dangerous path to go down.

Kitsunelaine

My favorite cake is pie
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don’t like how the AP framed that Tweet either, but I’m not sure how helpful it is to light up what is arguably one of the last unbiased resources for news in this country.

I feel the same way about the recent kvetching on here about the NYT, by the way. Just because it doesn’t fit your views doesn’t automatically DQ it as journalism. That’s a very dangerous path to go down.
how can you mention that tweet and the word "unbiased" in the same sentence

come on

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The AP write-up itself is very critical of the speech and calls him out on everything he said. I am baffled as to why they decided to go "both sides" in the tweet.

God, this Rick Wilson op-ed has me in tears 😂

Trump delivers a wet fart Oval Office address

Sneak peak:

Trump looked exhausted, squinty, and bored, reading in a near-monotone from the Teleprompter. It went over like a wet fart.

The man who gleefully put kids in cages tried to briefly pretend he gives a damn about migrant children in the least convincing humanitarian performance since the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
He said it tonight; the idea of a glorious concrete wall from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico is deader than that lemur he glues on his head every morning.

Jun 10, 2018
Wow those people commenting on the Washington Post really make me sad. Why does it always feel like there are so many Trump supporters everywhere? 90% of the top comments are at least. Ironic that the people usually against spending the taxpayer's dime on "useless" things like healthcare and education support a fucking wall to stop a problem that isn't even a problem. Goddamn.

Oct 27, 2017

There's no such thing as unbiased journalism/news. Certainly not that AP piece, which, as has been pointed out, is from a person who has this kind of past of both-sideing & otherwise twisting things to fit his narrative.

Jun 10, 2018
Threads like this will out so many trolls. If you haven't previously expressed an opinion about the tens of thousands of massive lies that have been told by the GOP in the last two years, I see you.

Just fucking shoot me
"Man threatens to steal from friend's sister unless friend pays man $100k."
AP: Well, it's clearly the man's fault too. He had the choice to just pay up.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017

the very logic the AP is using is essentially "dems are bad because they didn't give in to a racist's shitty desires" especially when AP ignores the fact that it was Trump who ignored a bill that shut down the government to begin with, along with the fact that Pelosi passed a clean bill and McConnel refusing to bring it to a vote.

AP is being unreasonably Boogie-like in it's behavior.

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So what was announced or just a lot of nothing?

OP hasn't been updated and not sure I want slog through 18 pages of hot takes with change of spotting what was actually said.

Oct 29, 2017
So what was announced or just a lot of nothing?

OP hasn't been updated and not sure I want slog through 18 pages of hot takes with change of spotting what was actually said.
He did and said nothing new, so in that regard it was a "good" address for the rest of the sane world.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow those people commenting on the Washington Post really make me sad. Why does it always feel like there are so many Trump supporters everywhere? 90% of the top comments are at least. Ironic that the people usually against spending the taxpayer's dime on "useless" things like healthcare and education support a fucking wall to stop a problem that isn't even a problem. Goddamn.
Troll farms. Trump's death cult wasn't ever that big to begin with, but the point of the bot swarm is to give exactly the impression you're describing.

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom of Mewni
Someone needs to fact check the fact checker because that's a fucking lie.
It's like people choose to ignore that Trump said, on television, that he would take the blame for the shutdown.

Now I'm not surprised we're here, because literally everything that comes out of the mouth of this fucko is a lie. Even the shit he doesn't need to lie about.

Oct 25, 2017

Just fucking shoot me
You what AP?

If someone makes a stupid request and the other side says no, that's not a situation where you blame "both sides".

What's next, a bank just as to blame for a hostage situation when they refuse to give a bank robber access to the safe?

Dec 22, 2017
You what AP?

If someone makes a stupid request and the other side says no, that's not a situation where you blame "both sides".

What's next, a bank just as to blame for a hostage situation when they refuse to give a bank robber access to the safe?
Maybe they would do that if the President decided to rob a bank.

Toddhunter

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You what AP?

Nazi’s show up and the people who try to fight against them are blamed for being part of the violence.

Chaz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, UK
"How much more American blood will be shed before Congress does its job?" he asked.
What an absolute shithead. How many more shootings need to happen before you do your job?

Mivey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just fucking shoot me
I feel like the only reason this tweet exists is because someone wanted to write " it takes two to tango", essentially confirming the perennial truth of American journalism, that "both sides are the same". It's really funny how impartially has become this reality distortion field where any evidence that both parties aren't ultimately the same, and at equal faults for whatever happens, is totally blanked out from their perception.

Oct 26, 2017
You should really build that wall as a memento on why idiots shouldn't be president. You can look at that wall every day and think about it. Pretty good investment, if you ask me.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth watching, I was stuck at work. I assume it's just him bullshitting?
Watch the address and the Democrat response to form your own opinion. I've started doing this since the 2012 election and haven't stopped. Watching speeches through cuts and clips via news networks has always been unreliable and I feel like it has only gotten worst.

Oct 27, 2017
God, this Rick Wilson op-ed has me in tears 😂

Trump delivers a wet fart Oval Office address

Sneak peak:

That's a great article. I also love this part:

Trump’s speech contained more lies per second than any presidential speech in history, including William Howard Taft’s “I did not devour an entire roast lamb and drink a magnum of gravy to wash it down” speech, or Bill Clinton’s “I was at the gym. That’s just sweat.” classic.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely no problem with Pdzelosi and Schumer's response too. They should've name-checked McConnell a bunch for holding things up in the Senate, but that's maybe too inside baseball. They hit hard on reopening government, which is the priority here. Measured, not hysterical but firm. Not much more you can ask of them.

The need to both sides fact-check this by these organizations is just monumentally stupid though. Fucking moronic, but most people will see through it. Nothing really changes after all that, until Trump goes the national emergency route.
Yeah. Pretty much agree. They called him out. They will hold firm. Fuck this orange monster

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I watched the speech, and even the stuff that wasn't lies, seem woefully misleading and using proxy talking points to cover for his hatred of brown people.

Yes, the opioid epidemic is a really big deal, but the vast majority of drugs coming from Mexico go through ports of entry, not the fucking border.

Oct 25, 2017
Friend.

Fucking bizzare
Friend's creepy as hell, which really accentuates it, although I assume that's just the generic placeholder when they don't have a more detailed form of address for the recipient. The main thing that I found really screwy was the whole "The President noticed that you weren't there, and he's very disappointed with you." aspect to it.