• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Alright taking the time to watch this now and lmfao, I can't get past the mention of vicious coyotes!!!!

WHO WROTE THIS SHITTT

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
You know what's truly wonderful about taking the House? Without total control of government, the illusion of Trump as a tough guy bringing his agenda into being through sheer, brutish force of will has been dispelled forever. He's just the same self-pitying wimp he's always been, the same mewling dipshit that New York and New Jersey stopped humoring twenty years ago, whose negotiating tactic is - and has always been - backing down the moment he encounters a stiffened spine, but whining about it the whole way.

Pelosi has Trump's shriveled old balls in a vise, and everyone knows it.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
No one actually knows. He said his same lying rhetoric but in a calm plain spoken way that doesn't resonate with his audience that believes him. Which makes this baffling.

Trump: We need to secure the border and build the wall. People are dying.
Networks immediately popped in and said "yeah basically none of that is true"

Dems: We need to open the government.
Networks immediately popped in and said "yeah that's true"

This was a disaster

To add onto this, the one thing people expected Trump to do was invoke a state of emergency in order to force his border wall funding, and he didn't even do that. So he has no play, beyond just sitting around with the government closed and whining like he's been doing the last couple weeks. So Schumer was free to go "We'll be happy to talk once the government's reopened" uncountered, which to a moderate makes him come off as perfectly reasonable.

They're barely touching Trump's speech over at The Donald. Maybe they're still sleeping in Russia.

Fun fact for those not keep up: when r/t_d chooses to ignore Trump's fuck-up instead of trying to spin said fuck-up as a good thing, it's because the fuck-up is so bad that they have nothing to work with.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
No one actually knows. He said his same lying rhetoric but in a calm plain spoken way that doesn't resonate with his audience that believes him. Which makes this baffling.

Trump: We need to secure the border and build the wall. People are dying.
Networks immediately popped in and said "yeah basically none of that is true"

Dems: We need to open the government.
Networks immediately popped in and said "yeah that's true"

This was a disaster

I didn't get it either. He said nothing new and came off unsympathetic.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No fucking way.

@AP_Politics: AP FACT CHECK: Democrats put the blame for the shutdown on Trump. But it takes two to tango. Trump's demand for $5.7 billion for his border wall is one reason for the budget impasse. The Democrats refusal to approve the money is another. http://apne.ws/Ar1Kxzw

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017

Just fucking shoot me

Oof. I could actually feel my braincells comitting mass-suicide as I read that.

Edit: Double oof. I just went back a page and read that NYT tweet. I'm one tweet from our vapid media away from slipping into a coma. God this country sucks.

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

Just fucking shoot me

jaden-gif-1488415000.gif

I just.....I just don't fucking get it, man.

This is a colossal failure on Trump's part. Why can't we just have that? Why do we gotta keep playing these fucking Boogie games and keep trying to take away every W the Dems get?

Fucking hell please tell me there's someone out there that isn't this fucking stupid.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Absolutely no problem with Pdzelosi and Schumer's response too. They should've name-checked McConnell a bunch for holding things up in the Senate, but that's maybe too inside baseball. They hit hard on reopening government, which is the priority here. Measured, not hysterical but firm. Not much more you can ask of them.

The need to both sides fact-check this by these organizations is just monumentally stupid though. Fucking moronic, but most people will see through it. Nothing really changes after all that, until Trump goes the national emergency route.

Oct 25, 2017
Media is going to make the same mistakes it did in 2016. They have had zero self reflection.

At the end of the day Trump is President and he had a chance to keep the government funded. He went back on it after Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh started getting after his ass.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the biggest lie in the address was probably the one where Trump talks about comforting grieving families.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

I've started mentioning the authors in cases like this. They need to be called out individually instead of being able to hide behind their publications.

I am so tired of this misleading, both sides shit from these fucking people. If I didn't know better I'd think it was intentional, with these bozos snickering about how this will "piss off the libs" before posting this crap.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cloud put the blame for Aeris's death on Sephiroth. But it takes two to tango. Sephiroth's decision to stab Aeris was a contributing factor in her subsequent death. The lack of adamantium in her skeleton is another.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
By CALVIN WOODWARD and COLLEEN LONG --
Associated Press writers Jill Colvin and Hope Yen in Washington, Amanda Seitz in Chicago, Barbara Whitaker in New York and Elliot Spagat in San Diego contributed to this report.

calvin has a history of trying to catch Obama in gotchas in his AP fact checking past. So to see him carrying water for Trump by both sides-ing this is not a surprise. Still disgusting.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Are we really surprised at the both siding? Journalism is no longer about telling the truth, it's about giving every idea some spotlight and it's making us all dumber.