• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've started mentioning the authors in cases like this. They need to be called out individually instead of being able to hide behind their publications.

I am so tired of this misleading, both sides shit from these fucking people. If I didn't know better I'd think it was intentional, with these bozos snickering about how this will "piss off the libs" before posting this crap.

That's Cal Woodward (@CalWd) and Colleen Long (@ctlong1) on Twitter, in case anyone was curious about who the actual authors were so they can hide behind the AP brand.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
DAILY PLANET FACT CHECK: Superman claims Lex Luthor's Kryptonite powered killbots are destroying Metropolis. But it takes two to tango. Luthor's megalomaniacal lust for power is only one reason the city is in flames. Superman's unwillingness to cede control of the city to Luthor is another.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that child was peeing in the classroom, but the school's refusal to allow him to continue doing so is a big reason there's a problem in the first place.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resetera claims it left NeoGaf because the owner is a sexual predator. But it takes two to tango. NeoGaf owner just wants to sexually assault women. Resetera doesn't understand that (she's bi).

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cloud put the blame for Aeris's death on Sephiroth. But it takes two to tango. Sephiroth's decision to stab Aeris was a contributing factor in her subsequent death. The lack of adamantium in her skeleton is another.
This is fantastic. But should have been "Aeris needed to exist in order to be stabbed in the first place. It takes two to tango"

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. The dems need to do less talking, not more. Dems problem was never their efficacy with words. It's that they're spineless. When the ball is in their court they can never agree with each other and fail to get shit done. Contrast that with the GOP who are in lockstep with whatever stupid or heinous policies they want to enact.

AOC is an impassioned, intelligent speaker, but she needs to focus on the strength of her words. Less is more. It's a lesson Obama had to learn as well.
Yeah, no. Not going to let this one slide. Republicans are hardly in complete lockstep. Just looking at the Senate on this particular issue for instance: already, both Susan Collins (R-ME) and Cory Gardner (R-CO) aren't really sold on fighting for Trump's wall and it's McConnell that's preventing things from even getting to the floor. And in the House, nobody that represents a district that's on the border, whether Republican or Democrat, wants the wall.

Then of course all you need to do is compare this to the 2016 Congress and the previous times there was a shutdown during that timeframe. Y'know, when Paul Ryan's caucus was in such disarray that due to Republicans in the House being split between Tea Party/Freedom Caucus and other groups that he had to make concessions to Nancy Pelosi to actually keep things running, get a bill passed, and keep the government open.

But yet it's always Democrats that can never agree with each other. It's always the Democrats that are in disarray. And Republicans are always in lockstep regardless, despite the 115th Congress being one of the least productive Congresses in history due to how Republicans couldn't get their own shit in order, despite having the House, Senate, and Presidency.

That whole myth needs to die (that Republicans are always constantly working in perfect lockstep with each other and it's Democrats that are constantly tearing each other's heads off and preventing each other from getting anything done), but I know better than to actually expect that, unfortunately.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
uhhhh, i don't even know what's going on with our reality anymore. I feel like I'm part of a movie with a director who's throwing darts at a board to decide what to do next. What the hell is going to happen next..?

itsgreen

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The AP can fuck off. It's not the Democrats' responsibility to give in to the demands of a hostage-taking manbaby.

The United States put the blame for the murders on ISIS. But it takes two to tango. ISIS demand to rule non believers is one reason for the murder, the other is the United States refusal to give them the power.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This was true until the last year or two. I reckon he's getting a fortune now in kickbacks from businesses he has benefited & Russian money.

Which means the government are going to want to look at it. Easier to go unnoticed as an obnoxious "billionaire" in real estate and reality tv then a POTUS who sold out his country to the Russians.

Dec 12, 2017
trumps rich. he can pay for the wall

Trump has long bragged about using other people's money to finance his ideas, so no. Besides, this wall nonsense isn't even about a wall. It's about WINNING and not appearing weak. So he will fight because it's a "thing" he has to "win". It's like a child whining over a toy he doesn't even really want because he realized you won't give it to him.

It how this clown reasons. Double down and throw a tantrum when things don't go your way.

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like how the AP framed that Tweet either, but I'm not sure how helpful it is to light up what is arguably one of the last unbiased resources for news in this country.

I feel the same way about the recent kvetching on here about the NYT, by the way. Just because it doesn't fit your views doesn't automatically DQ it as journalism. That's a very dangerous path to go down.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like how the AP framed that Tweet either, but I'm not sure how helpful it is to light up what is arguably one of the last unbiased resources for news in this country.

I feel the same way about the recent kvetching on here about the NYT, by the way. Just because it doesn't fit your views doesn't automatically DQ it as journalism. That's a very dangerous path to go down.

how can you mention that tweet and the word "unbiased" in the same sentence

come on

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The AP write-up itself is very critical of the speech and calls him out on everything he said. I am baffled as to why they decided to go "both sides" in the tweet.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
God, this Rick Wilson op-ed has me in tears 😂

Trump delivers a wet fart Oval Office address

Sneak peak:

Trump looked exhausted, squinty, and bored, reading in a near-monotone from the Teleprompter. It went over like a wet fart.

The man who gleefully put kids in cages tried to briefly pretend he gives a damn about migrant children in the least convincing humanitarian performance since the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

He said it tonight; the idea of a glorious concrete wall from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico is deader than that lemur he glues on his head every morning.

Misterman

Jun 10, 2018
Wow those people commenting on the Washington Post really make me sad. Why does it always feel like there are so many Trump supporters everywhere? 90% of the top comments are at least. Ironic that the people usually against spending the taxpayer's dime on "useless" things like healthcare and education support a fucking wall to stop a problem that isn't even a problem. Goddamn.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

There's no such thing as unbiased journalism/news. Certainly not that AP piece, which, as has been pointed out, is from a person who has this kind of past of both-sideing & otherwise twisting things to fit his narrative.

Misterman

Jun 10, 2018

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017

the very logic the AP is using is essentially "dems are bad because they didn't give in to a racist's shitty desires" especially when AP ignores the fact that it was Trump who ignored a bill that shut down the government to begin with, along with the fact that Pelosi passed a clean bill and McConnel refusing to bring it to a vote.

AP is being unreasonably Boogie-like in it's behavior.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So what was announced or just a lot of nothing?

OP hasn't been updated and not sure I want slog through 18 pages of hot takes with change of spotting what was actually said.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Wow those people commenting on the Washington Post really make me sad. Why does it always feel like there are so many Trump supporters everywhere? 90% of the top comments are at least. Ironic that the people usually against spending the taxpayer's dime on "useless" things like healthcare and education support a fucking wall to stop a problem that isn't even a problem. Goddamn.

Troll farms. Trump's death cult wasn't ever that big to begin with, but the point of the bot swarm is to give exactly the impression you're describing.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to fact check the fact checker because that's a fucking lie.
It's like people choose to ignore that Trump said, on television, that he would take the blame for the shutdown.

Now I'm not surprised we're here, because literally everything that comes out of the mouth of this fucko is a lie. Even the shit he doesn't need to lie about.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

Just fucking shoot me

You what AP?

If someone makes a stupid request and the other side says no, that's not a situation where you blame "both sides".

What's next, a bank just as to blame for a hostage situation when they refuse to give a bank robber access to the safe?