• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

Can't wait for moats, catapults and hot oil to make a comeback.

giphy.gif

tumblr_o3n8lzmY2l1u5qx9fo1_500.gif

LMAO

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Wow, opening narration has Trump down to a tee.

Portrait of a bush-league Führer named Donald Trump, a sparse little man who feeds off his self-delusions and finds himself perpetually hungry for want of greatness in his diet. And like some goose-stepping predecessors he searches for something to explain his hunger, and to rationalize why a world passes him by without saluting. That something he looks for and finds is in a sewer. In his own twisted and distorted lexicon he calls it faith, strength, truth. But in just a moment Donald Trump will ply his trade on another kind of corner, a strange intersection in a shadowland called the Twilight Zone.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/9/18175617/trump-national-emergency-border-politics

Asked by a reporter why he didn't declare a national emergency during his Oval Office speechon Tuesday night, Trump said, "because I think we might work a deal, and if we don't, I may go that route."

"I have the absolute right to do national emergency if I want," Trump added.

The reporter followed up by asking the president what his "threshold" will be to declare one. But instead of citing the possibility that conditions could deteriorate at the southern border, Trump cited political considerations — rather than anything that's happening on the ground.

"My threshold will be if I can't make a deal with people that are unreasonable," Trump said, alluding to Democrats who thus far have shown no sign of caving to his demand that more than $5 billion in wall funding be included in a government funding bill.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Sadly, all of this is consistent with current Republican world-view and is, in no way alarming to them; reality really IS whatever Trump decides it is, and they'll go along with it. They're okay with this new interpretation of the world.
This is why he was telling reporters at the private lunch that the speech and border visits are a waste of time. He honestly believes that he's winning this and the public is behind him. How do you negotiate with a lunatic?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone should tell Trump that the biggest walls at the Medieval Era wouldn't stop some muslims conquering Constantinople

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
This is why he was telling reporters at the private lunch that the speech and border visits are a waste of time. He honestly believes that he's winning this and the public is behind him. How do you negotiate with a lunatic?

I guess the bigger question is, "In a sane country, a lunatic wouldn't have been given all this power. So how do you fix a country willing to vote for a lunatic, and how do you fix a political party willing to indulge that same lunatic?"

None of this would be happening in the first place if reason and sanity had prevailed in the country as a whole. Trump didn't take the Presidency, it was given to him by voters and the Republican party.

Oct 25, 2017
"I have the absolute right to do national emergency if I want," Trump added.

Do national emergency.

This fucking muppet said DO. NATIONAL. EMERGENCY.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I guess the bigger question is, "In a sane country, a lunatic wouldn't have been given all this power. So how do you fix a country willing to vote for a lunatic, and how do you fix a political party willing to indulge that same lunatic?"

None of this would be happening in the first place if reason and sanity had prevailed in the country as a whole. Trump didn't take the Presidency, it was given to him by voters and the Republican party.
Yeah, this actually is the problem. I came into work and overheard a couple of my GOP co-workers ranting about "The big media stations all being run by Democrats" which I can only assume was their answer to why Trump's speech isn't being well covered or maybe why Schumer/Pelosi were allowed to respond (they know better than to talk to me about that stuff) but the bottom line is they're working without being paid just like I am but they clearly don't blame Trump for this. They just sit in their offices all day being spoon-fed hatred by Fox and eating up whatever they and Trump tells them to believe. I can walk by one of their offices right now and there's a 90% chance of some bullshit concern trolling story on right now about the "border crisis" like there has been every day since the shutdown began.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Trump is playing N-dimensional chess. The Nth dimension is when he sticks the pieces up his nose.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, these both sides arguments. The government was going to stay open until Trump decided that he wasn't going to accept the bipartisan bill. Therefore he is 100% at fault.

Arguing it's the Democrats fault as well is like arguing that when somebody is robbed, it's actually their own fault too because they could have just given their stuff away willingly instead of by force.

CP24 was reporting it as the dems fault for not funding Trump's wall. The little word crawl at the bottom of the screen. Fucking smh.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More than facts, the idea is to play with Trump fear of muslims, although on second thought, he would maybe came out with an even dumber or dangerous idea
Ok, here is the thing:

This isn't about immigration or racism or any of that for Trump. That's just his excuse.

This is about building some massive national monument to "Trump," something to rival Mt. Rushmore in his mind. It's sort of what he's been building towards his whole life.

This is all about Ego.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Actual shocking footage of an illegal immigrant caravan taking down an ICE car on their way through the border.

Pjy5L-1461081939-3424-list_items-wacky_dirk_300.gif

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
For a while now I've been speculating that Trump's obsession with "walls" might be in part due to how he views Israeli's "wall" (i.e., the largest open air prison on Earth surrounding Gaza) and actually now said it out-loud.

This also makes sense to me why he was suggesting actually shooting migrant border crossers if they threw rocks. Which is what happened to many Palestinians regardless if they threw rocks or not. Trump is as wanna-be ruthless as Bibi. The U.S. has enough darkness in its past for the treatment and rounding up of Native Americans and others throughout its past.

Besides that, 'walls' also have the side affect of further endangering animal species as well; cutting of their territory and just expecting them to adapt to our human issues.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Speeches work, though, fellas. I have encountered 3 people today who said, "well, Trump said that people were getting through and murdering people and heroin is coming in. Maybe we do need a wall..."

I had to patiently explain why everything Trump said was a lie. They trust me, so they were swayed back to reality, but it is a little disheartening that the President Shitbag can just lie and insinuate other things and people will believe him, just because he is the president.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speeches work, though, fellas. I have encountered 3 people today who said, "well, Trump said that people were getting through and murdering people and heroin is coming in. Maybe we do need a wall..."

I had to patiently explain why everything Trump said was a lie. They trust me, so they were swayed back to reality, but it is a little disheartening that the President Shitbag can just lie and insinuate other things and people will believe him, just because he is the president.
That's the ultimate power of his authority. To persuade without empirical evidence.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He constantly talks about "deal making" and how Dems have to "make a deal" with him yet he offers absolutely nothing. The "deal" is "Give me everything I want or the government is closed".