• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Trump administration announced Monday that all countries that continue to import Iranian oil will be subject to US sanctions.
In a statement, the White House said President Donald Trump "has decided not to reissue" waivers regarding sanctions against countries importing Iranian oil when the waivers expire "in early May." The exact deadline is May 2.
"This decision is intended to bring Iran's oil exports to zero, denying the regime its principal source of revenue," the statement from White House press secretary Sarah Sanders read.

SOURCE

This is a stupid and transparent decision, designed solely to make people buy oil from Russia or Saudi Arabia instead; half the world continues to import Iranian oil, including many European countries and India. Trump is severely overreaching his authority here.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Whenever there's a Republican in office gas prices shoot up. Whenever there's a Dem they go down.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Fuck! Is gas prices gonna go up? Is already over $4 here in LA
Lol that's cute thinking $4 a gallon is expensive. When it's over $2/l most places in Europe and $1.50+ in many places just north of the border.

The US enjoys dirt cheap gas prices. If only he'd place the same sanctions on Saudi Oil

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great, now we are going to have unnecessary oil price hikes during the time of the year when the prices are already ridiculously high.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Just die already you fucking orange piece of shit and let us live in peace. This is a fucking act of war, yet he keeps calling us the terrorists.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think they don't understand what they just did.

This is going to be funny.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Higher gas prices --> Less gas consumption --> Less carbon emissions.

Trump the real hero the planet needs!

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
The "funny" thing is inadvertently raising gas prices is going to get more votes against him/for his opposition next year than intentionally crippling LGBTQ+ rights, ignoring climate change, and committing human rights violations to immigrant children. American Priorities

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Lol that's cute thinking $4 a gallon is expensive. When it's over $2/l most places in Europe and $1.50+ in many places just north of the border.

The US enjoys dirt cheap gas prices. If only he'd place the same sanctions on Saudi Oil

Pfft. US still has stupid cheap fuel, here in the UK is more like ÂŁ5.27 / $6.85 a gallon give or take.

Do you guys drive as much here in LA? I average about 35miles driving back and forth to work. Probably about 250-300miles per week. :-/

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Yea gas is cheaper in the States than Europe, but a lot of our cities don't have good public transportation to take to get to work. I have a few coworkers that have to drive 45+ minutes to get to work with no traffic. I wish we had better means of getting around...

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, the countries he is targeting with this:
  • China
  • India
  • South Korea
  • Japan
  • Turkey
Is he insane? Four of those are U.S. allies, three are in the top ten biggest economies of the world.

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys drive as much here in LA? I average about 35miles driving back and forth to work. Probably about 250-300miles per week. :-/

Not any more thank goodness, but I used to drive 60 miles a day to work and back. It cost me like ÂŁ300 a month in fuel. One of the many reasons I left that job.

I remember when petrol prices started approaching ÂŁ1 a litre and there were protests and go slows and rah rah rah and then we all just got on with it and now I pay around ÂŁ1.30 per litre. At its worst it was around the ÂŁ1.50 mark.

One of my enduring memories of driving long distance in the US was being pleasantly surprised at how cheap it was to fill the tank, and then it started to sink in just how big the country is and how far everything is from everything else and I was even more glad.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
US is officially Saudi Arabia's bitch
We've never stopped being their bitch. Saudis killed 3,000 people on 9/11 and in return we had a never ending war in Afghanistan.

EDIT: You could count the Iraq War too, since a made up 9/11 connection with Saddam Hussein was the Bush administration's first plan, before settling on invading for non-existent WMDs.

Last edited:

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy higher gas prices, Trump supporters. Gonna be a bit more expensive to drive around your lifted F-150 with your ridiculously large US flag hanging off of it.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whenever there's a Republican in office gas prices shoot up. Whenever there's a Dem they go down.

Replace "gas prices" with "economy" and you're on point. Republicans policies are economically regressive, and it's frustrating that progress made under Democrat presidents continues to be undermined because Redneck Larry living somewhere like rural Indiana can't come to terms with moving forward.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Wonder if this is a prelude to war for the benevolent, the venerated, the holy American army and the outsourced PMCs. God bless you Americans if you start another war.

Americans, does your celebrated, all knowing, all seeing, all remembering, great a brain, Lord Emperor Donald J Trump and his cohorts need congressional approval to start another war?

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea gas is cheaper in the States than Europe, but a lot of our cities don't have good public transportation to take to get to work. I have a few coworkers that have to drive 45+ minutes to get to work with no traffic. I wish we had better means of getting around...
Has nothing to do with it. Our government subsidizes oils companies and tax gas pretty darn low compared to the rest of the world. Oil companies are not doing us a favor because we drive a lot. Hell most don't even pay taxes, get a refund, plus get government welfare in the form of subsidies.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Republicans with that never ending erection for a war with Iran
Except for that one time our president committed treason by selling arms to them to fund a different war with different brown people's.

What's worse is that fucker went on TV admitting to committing treason but got away by saying he felt in his heart it was the right thing to do.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans with that never ending erection for a war with Iran
Is that just a Republican thing? I guess it is when Obama tried to deescalate and they shit on him for being a coward.

I wonder if it is inevitable that there will be another senseless war with Iran. Israel and Saudi Arabia seem to be thirsting for it and most of the time America seems willing to go along as well.

What kind of fucked up kind of people are just looking for an excuse to go to war?

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like John Bolton was brought on just for war with Iran and we will see a bunch of stupid shit to escalate to that point.

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes I get angry at Trump before I realise any Republican president would do the same because of their base.
There are millions of Americans who approve his foreign policy -- he campaigned on hawkishness, and they voted for it.
I think more people to acknowledge this - Trump isn't a dictator; the Republicans are just racist warmongers.