• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That seems to make sense if you stop there and never think about it any deeper, but what they are really arguing is that being in a car is generally unsafe (true) and that they need to make gas more expensive to discourage driving (this is prescriptive so I can't say it's true necessarily, but I agree with it). The problem is that you are supposed to make gas more expensive through higher excise taxes, not by making cars less efficient and burn all the gas.

But excise taxes on gas go to the government and could be used for public good on infrastructure, etc. We can't have that when there's oil and automotive corporations we could enrich! /Republican "logic"

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Jesus what a shit stain on humanity this guy is. If I was the alien was to visit earth to give a warning about the future of humanity and the carelessness with nuclear weapons, and I saw this was the elected official in the country symbolizing freedom, I'd release the fucking grey goo without hesitation.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Oh wow, thanks Trump. I mean we've only had severe yearly forest fires here in the Northwest and I can't enjoy my summers anymore because I have to wear a fucking mask when I go outside, but global warming is just a Chinese hoax, right?!

Fucking dipshit.