• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Gentle reminder that afaik it's still legal for employers and landlords to discriminate against LGBTQ people in more than half US states.

100% this. None of this is about offering protections to these people nor consequences for those who seek to do harm against LGBTQ individuals. People will still be free to shit on them in however many ways they like simply because they're not straight.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Looking at this map and man

Y6ie_e3a1bIs_YQYSCE1lrGH2k8IHcQPnbEwKeZSdX0.png

atleast most of those countries are clustered together so you can more easily avoid them

my country is green but while technically not illegal they sure as fuck dont have any rights nor is it commonly accepted, so this map is a bit eeehhh

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry but this is like Charles Manson starting an initiative to outlaw murder cults.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this map and man

Y6ie_e3a1bIs_YQYSCE1lrGH2k8IHcQPnbEwKeZSdX0.png

atleast most of those countries are clustered together so you can more easily avoid them
You think it's really 'legal' in Russia, China, and more recently Brazil? Boy have I got some real bad news for you. That map is misleading in that no matter what they say on the books I wouldn't go there if I were gay because it isn't safe. Sad to say but stick to more 'western' countries if you want to be safe. Well safer. Not like there ain't homophobes beating up LGBT folks round here in the US. But baby steps over here.

Yo bet you 20 bucks Trump and his admin will say nothing about SA or Russia or... His agenda driven BS Is so paper thin lol.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
POTUS:

Eli Stokols @EliStokols

Trump has no idea about his administration's push to decriminalize homosexuality around the world, per WH transcript from today's pool spray:

dz4p5dxwkaazxyg34kz6.jpg

4:25 PM - Feb 20, 2019 · Washington, DC

He doesn't want a soundbite for people to throw against him and for the bible belt to hear audio of.

wtf? I mean, the thread topic is good news, but how can he not know what's going on?

And yeah, I realized after typing that what a silly thing to question lol

He knows exactly what's going on. He'd rather just look stupid to news outlets, that his base doesn't listen to anyway, than have a direct hand in this.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
POTUS:

Eli Stokols @EliStokols

Trump has no idea about his administration's push to decriminalize homosexuality around the world, per WH transcript from today's pool spray:

dz4p5dxwkaazxyg34kz6.jpg

4:25 PM - Feb 20, 2019 · Washington, DC

Now that our POTUS has been accidentally made aware of a policy his own administration is pushing, how much does one want to bet that they'll back track on all of this once he starts finding out more info about this

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course something most people can get on board with is something he actually had no say in.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the cynic in me says this is so they can kick people out of the country by saying homosexuals are no longer in danger from where they fled from.

but hey, if it actually leads to improvement i will gladly take it

Last edited:

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the cynic in me says this is so they can kick people out of the country by saying homosexuals are no longer in danger were they fled from.

but hey, if it actually leads to improvement i will gladly take it

Nah, pure distraction technique. Problem is it requires someone who actually gives a fuck about causing a distraction for longer than 5 minutes

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Everything Trump supports that isn't horrible is either for the wrong reasons or some sort of mixup:

Opposing the Maduro regime in Venezuela, which many agree with him on because so many people there are starving:

Andrew McCabe claims Trump wanted war in Venezuela because "they have all that oil"
https://www.vox.com/world/2019/2/20/18233394/mccabe-trump-venezuela-war-oil-lawrence

This "ending criminalization for homosexuality" thing:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1098359176529698817

He has

https://twitter.com/jrubinblogger/status/1098369328917946370

Either he's clueless, or it's just a cynical tool to demonize Iran.

The lesson here is that if you are a sane/rational non-sociopathic person and you read a report about how Trump holds a position that isn't terrible, there's probably more to the story.

Trump Appears Unaware of Administration Efforts to Decriminalize Homosexuality

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday, President Donald Trump was caught off guard by a question about his administration's reported plans to decriminalize homosexuality around the globe.​

Last edited: