• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Just a matter of time before they propose the "final solution."

People, including people here on this forum, will still advocate for civility.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
Don't you dorks ever take a day off?

Focus on the fascist, rather than the people trying to fight his fascism because your tender fee-fees are hurt by Pelosi or whoever.

yes, the people trying to "fight his fascism" by providing border funding for the same camps and ultimately enable the system that keeps folks like him in power.

this shit didnt start with trump, and there are too many folks on "our side" more than happy to give him a hand when needed in the name of bipartianship

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth the risk for a lot of these folks. It's either stay somewhere extremely dangerous, or make a dangerous trek in hopes of finding safety for your family. Most of them are claiming asylum, which is legal, and this administration doesn't give a fuck because it's full of racist fascists. They're making it harder to cross legally, so the only way to cross is illegally.

This won't be a deterrent, but they will certainly irreparably harm thousands of people so Stephen Miller can get his hog up.

Yeah this, its exacerbating a problem they created in response to a problem they imagined. People seeking asylum will continue to cross the border illegally because that's practically the only way they can at this point. For many, it's worth the risk

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
How are they just allowed to freely change shit like this, unchecked?

They aren't.

According to the New York Times for the Administration to even go through with putting this new policy into place

Under the terms of the 1997 consent decree, the regulation must be approved by the judge in the original case, Judge Dolly M. Gee of United States District Court for the Central District of California. The government will have seven days to file a brief in her court seeking her approval of the regulation.

If she refuses, the administration is expected to appeal her decision in a case that could drag on for months or even years, legal experts said.

This is the judge who originally ruled on the 97 modification to the Flores Agreement. So this is going to fail immediately.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
The concept of checks and balances is fundamentally broken as it is only applied to liberals and not conservatives. Basically the constitution is a useless piece of paper that should be destroyed.

If you actually read the articles about this new proposed policy you'd see that there are absolutely checks and balances working in the way against the administration just unilaterally imposing this policy.

Oct 27, 2017
yes, the people trying to "fight his fascism" by providing border funding for the same camps and ultimately enable the system that keeps folks like him in power.

this shit didnt start with trump, and there are too many folks on "our side" more than happy to give him a hand when needed in the name of bipartianship

I don't care about your whining. As usual, instead of focusing on the people who are doing bad shit, you're here to tell everyone trying to stop it they're not doing it YOUR way. Stahp. Or don't, I have blocked you for your idiocy.

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Dammit you evil assholes, just let these people come in. We have the room.

I mean that's this administration's end-goal yeah, but the problem is many of these people are fleeing violence and crippling poverty, so it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Staying in their place of origin in many of these cases isn't any better, if not just outright worse, even with all these policies going into place.

That's why I feel having countries and borders is an outdated concept in our world. We have huge problems in the world that can only be solved by mass migration. Just wait till climate change forces billions of people to move north. How are you going to stop them?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If migrants see all these horrid policies and STILL decide to illegally cross the border, I'd be stunned.

Migrants are running away from poverty, wars, etc...

When you abandon your country, your home and part of your family is usually because you are desperate and there's no other solution. This is not going to prevent people from trying to find a way out to their misery. Some of them are already risking their lives just trying to reach the border.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Then I guess Trump gets what he wants. It might be effective, but it's also disgusting and cruel.
and what will they propose when these "detention centers" become overcrowded hm

That's what conservatives are counting on, making them die in other countries instead of having to kill them theirselves. We all know making the punishments harsher isn't going to stop people from trying to have a better life
I mean this should tell you just how bad the situation already is for these migrants that indefinite detention in the US is still preferable
If it's life and death where they come from, this is better.
I mean that's this administration's end-goal yeah, but the problem is many of these people are fleeing violence and crippling poverty, so it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Staying in their place of origin in many of these cases isn't any better, if not just outright worse, even with all these policies going into place.

It also assumes that the people coming to the US are fully educated about the breadth of what can/will happen once they get to the border; I would imagine only a very small percentage of people are coming with that knowledge.
It's worth the risk for a lot of these folks. It's either stay somewhere extremely dangerous, or make a dangerous trek in hopes of finding safety for your family. Most of them are claiming asylum, which is legal, and this administration doesn't give a fuck because it's full of racist fascists. They're making it harder to cross legally, so the only way to cross is illegally.

This won't be a deterrent, but they will certainly irreparably harm thousands of people so Stephen Miller can get his hog up.
You really don't grasp how desperate the situations are that these people are in
For a lot of people, it's either this or contuining to find their loved ones' bodies left in dumpsters
For some it is still better to be alive and be detained than die by gang or government violence.
Migrants are running away from poverty, wars, etc...

When you abandon your country, your home and part of your family is usually because you are desperate and there's no other solution. This is not going to prevent people from trying to find a way out to their misery. Some of them are already risking their lives just trying to reach the border.
What's the long-term gameplan then? Assuming Trump wins 2020, these families will be separated and detained for at least another 4-5 years.

Hate him or love him, but Biden is probably the best shot that the Dems have at winning the 2020 election and ending this disaster in a timely manner.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Hahaha holy shit we literally need to overthrow people in power, like yesterday.

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Is there a thread where one of the "Good Republicans" will say how this isn't actually bad for some reason and also mention Obama? Oh no that's right, they'll just continue ignoring the awful things he does, my bad. "If i don't see it, it doesn't happen but also please don't say all Republicans are bad people that hurts my feelings!"

This administration is the scum of the scum and so is anybody that still identifies as a member of that party.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
These specific policies started with Trump.

sure, but there has been a lot of time and money devoted into prepping the American public to think this way before 2016, which is why they can be more open about this now.

you can even see the results of it in this very thread, lol.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
What's the long-term gameplan then? Assuming Trump wins 2020, these families will be separated and detained for at least another 4-5 years.

Hate him or love him, but Biden is probably the best shot that the Dems have at winning the 2020 election and ending this disaster in a timely manner.
I like how, because Trump is so horrible/senile/racist/dirt-stupid, and the majority of the Republican party are horrible for their continued enabling of him, that the Democratic candidate for President has already been chosen for us. That the most we can hope for is a safe, middle-of-the-road candidate to patch the boat and get us back to the status quo for maybe eight years. That all those concerns about low turnout for Hillary, the safe not-Trump candidate, don't really matter anymore, cause people will definitely vote for Biden this time because he's the safe not-Trump candidate... What exactly is different this time, other than we'll have lived nearly 4 years under an administration of corruption, kakistocracy and cruelty?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I like how, because Trump is so horrible/senile/racist/dirt-stupid, and the majority of the Republican party are horrible for their continued enabling of him, that the Democratic candidate for President has already been chosen for us. That the most we can hope for is a safe, middle-of-the-road candidate to patch the boat and get us back to the status quo for maybe eight years. That all those concerns about low turnout for Hillary, the safe not-Trump candidate, don't really matter anymore, cause people will definitely vote for Biden this time because he's the safe not-Trump candidate... What exactly is different this time, other than we'll have lived nearly 4 years under an administration of corruption, kakistocracy and cruelty?
Heh who gives a shit about the supreme court or the rotting of the federal administration anyway.

OP
OP
BarcaTheGreat

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After all this, if he wins re-election, then America deserves what it gets. Too bad more than half the population won't deserve it.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Heh who gives a shit about the supreme court anyway or the rotting of the federal administration anyway.
Because polls six months out from the first caucus are telling us Biden's ahead, riding high on name recognition, he's the only one who can win, he's the one who's going to get people fired up to vote a year and a half from now?

Don't get me wrong - voting Democrat in the general is the only sensible option (it's what I'll be doing no matter who gets the nomination), but that was the case last time, too......

Oct 27, 2017
And those centrist allies that were dumbfounded as to why they were attacked for breaking ranks to fund this crime against humanity? But we need them because we wouldn't control the house and those districts can't be won by a real Democrat!!! It won't stop here. Who gets rounded up first within the country? Journalists? Protesters?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Because polls six months out from the first caucus are telling us he's ahead, he's the only one who can win, he's the one who's going to get people fired up to vote a year and a half from now?
If he's ahead it might not just be because the media is pushing him but that the opposition is doing a bad job arguing they're better.
At this point one has to face the reality that maybe the issue doesn't just lie with Biden and the media.
He might be shit (or not, I don't really care) but he's popular.
Presidential elections are a glorified high stakes beauty contest.
Policy doesn't really matter

We need to win 2020 to save these kids.
I'm half thinking that people in this election would echo Roy Moore albeit in a less literal manner.
As in "fuck these kids",
Spite is a strangely powerful motivator.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Get these republicans out of power.... I feel like shit for not protesting. Are there any marches ??

They're preventing their captives from being given protection against disease.

They're going to insure their captives can now be held indefinitely.

All the steps of the plan being put in place, and of course, after the inevitable has come to pass everyone will look back and ask "how could anyone let this happen?"

Oct 28, 2017
They're preventing their captives from being given protection against disease.

They're going to insure their captives can now be held indefinitely.

All the steps of the plan being put in place, and of course, after the inevitable has come to pass everyone will look back and ask "how could anyone let this happen?"
If only we knew this would happen... oh wait.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In generations to come Americans will be asking the world to forgive them for the atrocities their ancestors allowed to happen or most likely were complicit in.

Give your kids a kiss tonight and remember how many parents can't because of your government as they tried to get away from a much much harder life you couldn't even imagine.

EDIT: Seems they aren't splitting up families so my comment above probably isn't accurate but the sentiment is.

ps3ud0 8)

Last edited:

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
In generations to come Americans will be asking the world to forgive them for the atrocities their ancestors allowed to happen or most likely were complicit in.
In the shorter term, the next Democratic President will do this, and Republicans will try smear them for going on an "apology tour," because America is so great it shouldn't apologize to anyone ever, because admitting mistakes is basically weakness, etc.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Just a matter of time before they propose the "final solution."
I'm just waiting for them to find the mass graves... maybe it'll be before Trump's presidency is over, maybe it'll be in 10 or 20 years... but with how little the guards and ICE have shown interest in treating these asylum seekers as real human beings, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Surely this will get struck down, right? SCOTUS has made explicitly it clear that amendments in Constitution that apply to criminal proceedings also apply to non-citizens.