• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Surely this is the straw that's going to break the camel's back and lead to a steady strean of country-video mass protests.
Surely.
Any day now.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
He's literally going down a checklist of everything he can do to make his rabid base worship him more. Even if the gestures and/or actions carry 0 weight, he's just pandering to what's now the lowest common denominator of stupidity in the Republican party....

......and they're eating it up. It's fascinating and sad that people have become this. (I blame his people as much as him. He's just doing stupid YouTube stunts because his subs go nuts)

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Hats off to voters that didn't vote for Hillary because they didn't like her / Bernie got screwed / Jill Stein / buttery males.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
It's as if a second civil war is happening and the south is now winning..

If this evil dipshit wins again in 2020 then it's all over, California might as well cecede from the nation.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
He's literally going down a checklist of everything he can do to make his rabid base worship him more. Even if the gestures and/or actions carry 0 weight, he's just pandering to what's now the lowest common denominator of stupidity in the Republican party....

......and they're eating it up. It's fascinating and sad that people have become this. (I blame his people as much as him. He's just doing stupid YouTube stunts because his subs go nuts)

Yep. Same reason why he said ICE raids were starting this week when they haven't. It's enough for his base that he simply says they're happening.

This is Trump's re-election campaign kicking into high gear. He's going to triple down on his base and hope they can squeak out another EC win for him.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Continues to overstep his role

"Not worth impeaching"

Trump definitely is - to us. It's the majority of conservatives in congress who will vote on that impeachment which is the issue, and the chances of any Republican flipping are next to zero. This isn't about whether he's worthy, it's whether congress itself will vote him out.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's as if a second civil war is happening and the south is now winning..

If this evil dipshit wins again in 2020 then it's all over, California might as well cecede from the nation.

The south won the first civil war. Only fools think it ended when the shitbag Lee surrendered.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi will issue a statement that this is because the Four Ingrates antagonized His Highness, and will immediately censure them.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Trump definitely is - to us. It's the majority of conservatives in congress who will vote on that impeachment which is the issue, and the chances of any Republican flipping are next to zero. This isn't about whether he's worthy, it's whether congress itself will vote him out.
The inquiry would last a while and never get to the Senate to vote on IMO. If it did, it would be bad to have facts front and center for swing state Senators/Reps. It would largely keep all his crimes front and center.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to ask, he can't really do this, can he?

Seems like a gross overreach over power/authority.

Can't wait for Pelosi to say "condemn" for this matter. Or just hand wave it. Like she usually does. It's fucking disgusting that they just let him do whatever the fuck he wants at all times.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The inquiry would last a while and never get to the Senate to vote on IMO. If it did, it would be bad to have facts front and center for swing state Senators/Reps. It would largely keep all his crimes front and center.

We've had plenty of facts like that all over the media for years, and the GOP are all still on Team Trump. The GOP have shown few signs in congress of doing anything remotely like that. We might get one or two, maybe. If we're lucky.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Rule of law doesn't actually apply in this country, so what happens if doctors just ignore this horseshit?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I literally dont understand any objection to abortion other than religious based objections (which I still think are dumb)

So how come religious based stuff like this is signed into law in America? Why is there no separation of church and state?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I hope the sternest letter-writers in Washington are reaching for their frostiest, huffiest, and most taciturn phrases right now. I hope they're breaking out the starkest stationary and firmest pens to tell off this naughty President. Ohh, he's going to get it!

Just wait until he hears that what he's done is "abhorrent," "a flagrant attack on women," or, oh noes, "a betrayal of our country's most cherished values!" He'll definitely think twice after he gets a real earful.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure the Democrats will submit another bill condemning these actions, with a hastag to go along with it.

I mean, it's pretty easy for an entire nation of 330 million people to just lay any and all responsibility to a few dozen people in congress, but this is not what I'm talking about here. The Democrats are actually doing really well in representing the country in their complicity and utter lack of large-scale action.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I literally dont understand any objection to abortion other than religious based objections (which I still think are dumb)

So how come religious based stuff like this is signed into law in America? Why is there no separation of church and state?
It's written into the First Amendment, but much like the Bible, the people who worship the Constitution haven't actually read the damn thing and vote for like-minded ignoramuses.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany

I am not sure it will work as planned. He caters to his core base, but will they be enough if he alienates those with a minimum of decency or moral left which will not accept EVERYTHING just for a good economy?

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
We've had plenty of facts like that all over the media for years, and the GOP are all still on Team Trump. The GOP have shown few signs in congress of doing anything remotely like that. We might get one or two, maybe. If we're lucky.
Oh I have 0 faith in the GOP doing the right thing. I want the swing state ones replaced or made miserable. We beat Roy Moore in 2018!

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I mean, it's pretty easy for an entire nation of 330 million people to just lay any and all responsibility to a few dozen people in congress, but this is not what I'm talking about here. The Democrats are actually doing really well in representing the country in their complicity and utter lack of large-scale action.

That's the problem, the Dems could be doing more with more votes in congress but without that they're stuck. They're in the House, they don't have the complete power to arrest the POTUS as much as he deserves it. The GOP owning the Senate, Judiciary and SCOTUS really hinders legit action that is badly needed here. The people have made their voice heard and it's saying Trump is free to do as he pleases. Which is infuriating.

Oh I have 0 faith in the GOP doing the right thing. I want the swing state ones replaced or made miserable. We beat Roy Moore in 2018!

*crosses fingers*

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
only a matter of time 5-4

This was always a given the instant Kavanaugh was allowed to sit at the bench.

Hats off to voters that didn't vote for Hillary because they didn't like her / Bernie got screwed / Jill Stein / buttery males.

This.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep having this dream that he'll one day tweet that the country shall be called Gilead from now on.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to ask, he can't really do this, can he?

Seems like a gross overreach over power/authority.

His power and authority is only limited by those that keep him in check. As long as the Republicans back him and the Democrats refuse to oppose him, he can do whatever he wants.

Literally nothing stops the guy saying next year that he's calling off the elections and, like his friend Xi Jinping, he will be staying in office until he has fixed the country he loves so much. Who's going to stop him? Who's going to say to him "the president can't do that"?

You can protest all you like, he won't care.
You can strike all day long, you'll just lose your jobs.
You can riot all you want, he'll just use the army.

Trump is a wannabe dictator that is constantly testing the waters, seeing how far his peers will let him overstep his authority, and he is being rewarded with indifference.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Lincoln fucked up by not rounding up every Confederate general, congressmen and hanging them for treason.

Yep. Should have ended it right there.

His power and authority is only limited by those that keep him in check. As long as the Republicans back him and the Democrats refuse to oppose him, he can do whatever he wants.

Literally nothing stops the guy saying next year that he's calling off the elections and, like his friend Xi Jinping, he will be staying in office until he has fixed the country he loves so much. Who's going to stop him? Who's going to say to him "the president can't do that"?

You can protest all you like, he won't care.
You can strike all day long, you'll just lose your jobs.
You can riot all you want, he'll just use the army.

Trump is a wannabe dictator that is constantly testing the waters, seeing how far his peers will let him overstep his authority, and he is being rewarded with indifference.

The Dems are opposing him, however, their situation is more complex than you're giving them credit for. They're held back by the system itself, and the electorate who's been indoctrinated for decades for this very moment. They can't risk taking him on like that without losing what small bits of power they are holding onto, as the conservatives in their party remain in numbers to block them.

This ins't about "saying" anything, words count for nothing. This is about action, and Trump being POTUS means he owns the courts and police and the GOP have successfully compromised SCOTUS on top of this. Put it all together and he holds many cards which shield him for being put in handcuffs.

He's being rewarded with a system that has been broken by the GOP to give him those advantages, as well as weakening the built in protections (which the Dems never got enough time to fix while in power). This isn't simply about "letting" him do anything, it's that they are restricted in what they can legally do to get him - which has been true for various corrupt POTUSes like HW Bush and W. Bush, too. They've made themselves above the law, and the Dems have been unable to catch up legally.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Trump administration says its new regulation barring taxpayer-funded family planning clinics from referring women for abortions is taking effect immediately.
It's fucking mental. Clinics already aren't allowed to use taxpayer funds to provide abortion services, but now they can't even provide referrals.

Certain dudes cry and moan about how views/agendas are "forced down their throats" whenever they see something innocuous like a pride flag, but they're super cool with Talibangelicals forcing women and health care providers to abide by their shitty regressive beliefs.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I hope the sternest letter-writers in Washington are reaching for their frostiest, huffiest, and most taciturn phrases right now. I hope they're breaking out the starkest stationary and firmest pens to tell off this naughty President. Ohh, he's going to get it!

Just wait until he hears that what he's done is "abhorrent," "a flagrant attack on women," or, oh noes, "a betrayal of our country's most cherished values!" He'll definitely think twice after he gets a real earful.

"Oooooo I really hope they leave womens bodies alone, I am strongly urging Trump to work together with us on protecting women. Really hoping"

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

I would say non-voters were the problem, as both candidates got low turnout for an election. It's why Trump had to lie and say he had the highest turnout, when he's probably had the lowest of any Republican in the last 30 years.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Not saying she can do anything herself, but I'm saying that she'll basically just handwave it and still say it's not worth putting up a fight or some bullshit.

Putting up a fight how? Pelosi personally impeaching tomorrow won't stop him do anything, it's a strike at his ego he's not going to be put in chains or driven out of office. That's why the impeachment tactic is weak, it has no legal teeth.