Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Trump gonna be Trump. Disgusting.

And that's sad. This is the President of the United States and will be in the history books for decades to come.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump is pissed he doesn't have control of the WH and he knows he never will.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Another move by Trump that completely destroys the reputation and believability of his fellow republicans. In this case those who stood up for him and claimed without a doubt he never said those things because they were there in that meeting with him.

Deleted member 14312

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people keep throwing themselves under a bus to protect the driver. I'm half-expecting Trump to rescind the second part of this statement next week after everybody already latched onto it.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can call something a shithole without it being racist, but it's still incredibly tactless for a position of his stature (and I don't believe it wasn't racist).

OP
OP
BronzeWolf

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
saw this in PoliEra but haven't seen any other sources on this? It's a 3 day old tweet, was there an AP interview/article posted yet?
https://apnews.com/36bb1697fb70421caf7f4526b779f176

He wasn't apologetic, the person said. Instead, Trump blamed the media for distorting his meaning, arguing his description of "shithole" was not racist but rather a straightforward assessment of some nations' depressed conditions. Trump also said he believed he was expressing what many people think, according to the person.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
scott-sharkey-evilsharkey-wapo-the-president-shat-himself-white-house-21619507.png

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
HAHAHA that shit never fails... he always admits shit a bit time later... leaving his idiot followers who put their credibility (i know i know) out on the line, out to dry.

Ha fuck in larious!

Hopefully folks finally learn (doubt it) and don't try to lie for his ass anymore.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
https://apnews.com/36bb1697fb70421caf7f4526b779f176

That claim is false if this is the news article it's from. Trump did not admit to anything to AP.

As his comments, disclosed by participants in the meeting, ricocheted around the world, Trump made calls to friends and outside advisers to judge their reaction to the tempest, said a person who spoke to Trump but wasn't authorized to discuss a private conversation.

He wasn't apologetic, the person said. Instead, Trump blamed the media for distorting his meaning, arguing his description of "shithole" was not racist but rather a straightforward assessment of some nations' depressed conditions. Trump also said he believed he was expressing what many people think, according to the person.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, why anyone ever tries to defend this man is beyond me. It's obvious he doesn't give a crap about those who try to shield him, so don't even try. Hopefully the idiot runs himself out of allies sooner or later.

Edit: oh god dammit.
Fucking twitter

Anyone got the *actual* AP story this is from?

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
You can call something a shithole without it being racist, but it's still incredibly tactless for a position of his stature (and I don't believe it wasn't racist).
You can say shithole without being racist.

You can't really say you don't want people from said shithole countries regardless of their merit.

You can't then say you want more people from Norway instead without being racist.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Ahahahaahahaha

Why are we even debating this? Weren't there other people in the room with him?

Spooky Mulder

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 20, 2018
Random twitter saying what we all know is true

Just have to wait for the official sites to say it to run it.

I don't think anybody denies he said it.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
As a rule of thumb please don't make threads based on a single random tweet, PLEASE.

The president confirming he's a racist, 2 senators confirmed lists and a cabinet member possibly perjuring herself is more than a random tweet.

Edit: unless it's literally a random Twitter account, and not a confirmed quote then yeah.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YOU LITERALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING
Considering how old the tweet is and all the new drama unfolding around the government shutdown, it's like he didn't say anything. This is the first I've heard of this, and it looks like I'm not alone. Nobody is going to hold him or those dirtbag senators accountable for lying straight to our faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.