• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017

https://amp.businessinsider.com/trump-defends-flynn-there-was-nothing-to-hide-2017-12

President Donald Trump may have just given special counsel Robert Mueller's obstruction-of-justice investigation an inadvertent boost.

On Saturday, Trump defended his former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, following news that Flynn had pled guilty to one count of making false statements to investigators during an interview in January about his contacts with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak during the transition period.

"I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI," the president tweeted on Saturday. "He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!"

Flynn was forced to resign as national security adviser in February, when news surfaced that Flynn had spoken to Kislyak about US sanctions on Russia on December 29 - the same day that the sanctions were imposed by President Barack Obama.

Trump told reporters at the time that he had been forced to fire Flynn because he had misled Vice President Mike Pence about those conversations. But the White House gave no indication at the time that it knew Flynn had lied to the FBI in a January interview about those conversations - a federal crime that Flynn pleaded guilty to on Friday.

Trump's tweet on Saturday appears to indicate that Trump was aware Flynn had lied to the FBI when he departed the administration in February.

I was expecting some interesting tweets after yesterday's news, but not this.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_opyvibM3vZ1qzh561o6_500.gif

Amory

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's just an idiot and is throwing in the FBI part now that it's come out. Acting like he knew about it all along and was part of why he fired him

But I don't know that that will make a difference

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
I had to fire Bob Morton because he made a mistake. Now it's time to for me to make a mistake.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's just an idiot and is throwing in the FBI part now that it's come out. Acting like he knew about it all along and was part of why he fired him

But I don't know that that will make a difference
The problem with this version of the truth is that he asked Comey to stop investigating Flynn after he was fired due to pressure from the press.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
No you see you can't treat the word of the president from his official twitter account that's verified as actual information! Just another TRIGGERED LIB /s

Status
Not open for further replies.