• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, there's a good chance Trump actually believes McCain went off to the farm where all sick old folks go and they're free to chase cheeseburgers all day. That's what his kids tell him anyway.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will fucking cheer when this old orange shrivels up for good. Beer, BBQ and all.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Trump's brand is about as incompatible with The Gospel as it could be. Shocked Christians don't see this.

Lmao. They don't care. Christianity, for alot of these people, is merely a tool to structure the nation and its resources into certain hands and nothing but. Its meant to keep people in their place and exert control. These people who are supposed to be apolitical can't stay the fuck away from the political arena to save their lives. When people actually wake up from this bullshit and try to act Christian and speak up on it, they get shouted down, demonized, and swept back under the rug so this bullshit circus can continue unabated.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Trump's brand is about as incompatible with The Gospel as it could be. Shocked Christians don't see this.
A lot of evangelical Christians are so far removed from Christ's teachings it's shocking.
"Be good to your neighbour...deny him healthcare"
"Do not steal...instead just grift others for a Jetplane"
"Do not kill...unless it's a black person who looks suspicious then it's fine."

Oct 28, 2017
People will be dancing in the streets like those imaginary Muslims on that Jersey City rooftop on 9/11 that Trump always alludes to the day he is gone.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
And the cretins on the right will go from venerating McCain to hating him, because they do as they are told like the good little fascists they are.
From what I regularly hear, that started long ago, around then time Trump first started badmouthing him. So it wouldn't be anything new. Anytime the name 'McCain' gets brought up at work the people who constantly try to assure me that they are not republican, that they fall somewhere in the middle and that they listen to all kinds of news sources and not just Fox, will start saying "Oh, fuck that guy. McCain is the one who leaked all of those documents and dossiers to try to bring down Trump! He's a traitor."
I mean, I'm not a fan of McCain at all, but it's obvious they just parrot whatever Trump has said about him. And like I said, it's nothing new; I've been hearing it for a while.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017

Depends on the person, not the label. This particular coalition he was speaking to today was founded in 2009. They have nothing to do with Christianity, other than using religion for their own "political" and possibly "economic" gains.

But we should probably also accept that this type of "Christian" is the face of Christianity in America.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
As embarrassing as it is for a grown-ass adult to be hiding behind their daddy's leg even when he's in the ground, it's even more embarrassing for Meghan to be constantly cheerleading a guy who outright says he's happy about it.

Oct 28, 2017
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Truth is you cannot be a Christian and a present day conservative at the same time. The basic principles of each are morally incompatible. It speaks to a lack of critical thinking skills on their behalf and the modern right in general that they fail to see it.

They don't even get that Jesus was an unabashed liberal.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
They were best friends

They were best friends... until McCain died and Graham could drop the schtick. Must have been exhausting for him to pretend like he wasn't a sociopath incapable of friendship all of those years. Now all he has to do is talk about a dead person once in a while to keep up the charade and then ghost the room when his mob boss talks ill of said dead person.

McCain was clearly only useful to him as a political career boosting ally and nothing more. I don't know what you call it when a heel does a heel turn, but Grahams turn from "halfway still in the closet evil" to "I don't give a fuck about appearances evil" was shockingly fast after the death.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
It makes me happy to know that Trump appears to be in a perpetual state of bitterness and barely concealed rage. I'm sure it's terrible for his health.