• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
So for how long has he been joking about staying on past a hypothetical 8 years as President?

Continually repeating the message, especially in the form of "jokes", is a tactic employed to make the alternate reality accepted because the message has been deployed continually with the context of the message degrading as time passes.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
God damn it I want a "Left" version of Trump, that just goes onto Twitter every day as President and says stuff like,

"These pussies don't want universal healthcare! Fuck these cowards and their wealthy donors! The right are a cancer on our great country!"

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
The "joke" about extending his term should be very worrying for every American.

I remember a lot of folks were saying during his campain "well he is obviously joking, he won't do that once he's president". Even Obama felt for it "The chair changes you". Hell, even I, for a time, believe he would mature. Or I wanted to believe.

Anyway, if he gets the chance, he will totally do it.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
22nd Amendment: "1: No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term."

Like, I know the impulse now is to just assume that Trump can do anything he wants, but no court in the land is going to deny what is written right there in the 22nd Amendment. If you want to be paranoid and say "well, he could get around the 'elected' part by just abolishing elections," well....if we are at the point where he is trying and succeeding in getting rid of elections altogether then we are already too far gone for any of the rest of it to matter.

My opinion - he is just talking shit like an idiot as always, despite my belief that he would love nothing better than to be a dictator in his heart of hearts.
Just a note, he can't abolish elections because they're run by the states. Unless you think that all of these states will just suspend elections just because he says so.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Just a note, he can't abolish elections because they're run by the states. Unless you think that all of these states will just suspend elections just because he says so.

Exactly. He could try it, as I said, but our decentralized election system would actually help us in this situation. The last time they tried to overreach into state election prerogatives with the farcical Kobach "investigation" into "illegal" votes in 2016 they even had the state of Mississippi telling them to go fuck themselves.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
"so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius! "

No one would buy this timeline as a parody, yet this is our reality.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
When are Democrats going to label trump? Treasonous trump or traitorous trump would work perfectly or would that be too offending for centrists?

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Totally normal! Glad we got rid of dictator Obama to get a very normal law abiding president.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's just a prank bro, I don't reaaaaally want to be a dictator.

But the people wouldn't be against it, you know 😉

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Meeting those meme ...holes reenergized his inner troll. He probably got of few ideas during their jam session.

Oct 28, 2017
Remember that amendments are just amendments. They aren't permanent. They can be changed. Even if fuckhead here is joking about it, if you care about it was a statute of your country, you need to make noise about it.

Oct 27, 2017
And on that point, the constitution will not save us from Trump or some other fascist. They will ignore it and so far he's been enabled by the Republicans. There's no repercussion for him ignoring law.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
He just "fixed" the tweets correcting the fraction and removed the direct @ to the random anti-Trump citizen with the Alfred E. Neuman Twitter handle...and botched the spelling as "Newman."

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the courts ruled he can't block people, then he should not be allowed to remove tweets, either

Krozur

Oct 27, 2017
The sad thing is, Trump isn't the dumbest president in history, he is just the one we can all see everyday thanks to twitter which magnifies his stupidity. I hope the dignity of the office can recover and we aren't on our way to a Camacho Presidency.

How anyone on this planet can rationally believe that Trump has the same grace and poise as Obama did. /headexplode

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see how Warren responds to this. If she wins the nomination it's going to be him calling her Pocahontas every fucking day.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone actually surprised that this insane narcissist thinks he's "great looking"? He's a fucking narcissist, he doesn't think there's anything negative about himself. He's not about to say he's unattractive or "average".

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if he somehow changed the law to be able to run for a third term, and lost to Obama.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe "skinny" is a reference to how little Native American blood she has and he isn't good at word choice? Like "diet Pocahontas" or something? Or he's saying she's frail?

Does he think Pocahontas was thicc?

This is the part of the mystery I most need solved!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe "skinny" is a reference to how little Native American blood she has and he isn't good at word choice? Like "diet Pocahontas" or something? Or he's saying she's frail?

This is the part of the mystery I most need solved!

It's basically the safest word he can use against a woman because calling her a bitch, cnut, whore, ugly would be obvious. Possibly means she is weak frail, sure he will get there in time if she is top opposition in the election.

I like to think he is desperate for a 2nd term and more because it's his only protection from the law, prison and going bankrupt.

Oct 25, 2017
It's basically the safest word he can use against a woman because calling her a bitch, cnut, whore, ugly would be obvious. Possibly means she is weak frail, sure he will get there in time if she is top opposition in the election.

I like to think he is desperate for a 2nd term and more because it's his only protection from the law, prison and going bankrupt.
I would just think a guy like Trump admires skinny women so I have to lean toward the frail interpretation myself.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The sad thing is, Trump isn't the dumbest president in history, he is just the one we can all see everyday thanks to twitter which magnifies his stupidity. I hope the dignity of the office can recover and we aren't on our way to a Camacho Presidency.

How anyone on this planet can rationally believe that Trump has the same grace and poise as Obama did. /headexplode

Camacho was way better. He knew Not Sure was way smarter than he was and allowed him to solve the nation's problems.
Whereas, in this totally shitty timeline, only Trump can fix everything.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
He just "fixed" the tweets correcting the fraction and removed the direct @ to the random anti-Trump citizen with the Alfred E. Neuman Twitter handle...and botched the spelling as "Newman."

"so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!"...i mean,as a non-native english speaking Euro guy, i guess this has to be trolling at this point?
Or some bizarre self parody? It can't be real,can it?!?