• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that Trump is attacking JULL and vape juice. He is going after the wrong culprit.

Exactly. They need to go after the distributors that are cutting their fluids with this shit, or better yet, legalize MJ and regulate it so that people arent smoking hot dog water that gives you pneumonia.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
The recent "outbreak' of lung illnesses that the media keeps attributing to 'vaping' appears, almost certainly, to be the product of cutting agents or 'thickeners' containing Vitamin E acetate, being used to dilute the contents of THC carts. So, this kind of has everything to do with marijuana legalization and strict regulation of ingredients being used in THC carts.

How does it feel to spit truth into the wind and just have it ignored by the maelstrom of post-truth opinionism we live in these days?
Directed hysteria is an economic and political weapon we're seeing wielded with more and more prowess. Feh.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
But doesn't he and his party say bans don't work when we are talking guns? If anything they should be talking about legalizing and regulating thc vape carts.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Lol this is stupid, people will go back to cigarettes or buy from black market and the sanctimonious poster's need to get over themselves

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Surprise people aren't reading.

The ban is for flavoured vapes that appeal to young people.

Not an outright ban.

Dec 31, 2017
Vaping among kids really is a major fucking issue. It's astounding how high the rates are in middle and high school.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
It's because flavored juices appeal to kids/teens. That's at least the narrative being pushed. JUUL had to stop selling flavored juices in stores because of the teens buying all the mango carts.

Like smoking doesn't doesn't appeal to kids either? I work across the street from a high school. When I go out for vape breaks I get non-stop kids asking me if I have any cigarettes. Not vape shit. Cigs. Kids will want to do whatever they're told they shouldn't.

Removing flavored juices isn't going to help. More people will try to make their own juices or buy shady black market shit off the street and more health issues will arise because of that. Kids will still vape tobacco flavors. There are actually a ton of really great tobacco flavors. And kids will of course just keep smoking like they already do anyway.

These recent "vaping" related illnesses also don't look to have anything to do with people purchasing legitimately produced products either, so there's that too.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Hundreds? If you're going to be an advocate, please make sure your numbers are correct.

More than 130 have been killed in school shootings just since Sandy Hook...

My "numbers" are correct...and that's only going back to 2014. People getting shot in a school predates that. If you throw the 80's/90's in you cross 300±.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
It's not even juuls or vaping really... It's blackmarket THC cartridges. People are dying mostly from places where weed is illegal. Why can't the media get their shit together lmao.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I actually agree with him in some aspects. Whether I think we need an FTC ban or not, I dunno, I think we need way more research and regulation of them and that a lot of people turn a blind eye to vaping like people did 50 years ago with cigarettes.

Unless he's trying to take away my adult-use regulated marijuana vape carts! From my cold dead hands Trump!

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Surprise people aren't reading.

The ban is for flavoured vapes that appeal to young people.

Not an outright ban.
Literally no one is vaping straight unflavored nicotine liquid. Even the tobacco flavored is just that, flavored like tobacco. lmao these posts

(I will concede - some people actually do, in fact, do that.) 1% I'd say.

Edit* Also, this call for a ban is going after the wrong products or at least being wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to fucking broad. The issue at hand are the THC and possibly CBD carts.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
How does it feel to spit truth into the wind and just have it ignored by the maelstrom of post-truth opinionism we live in these days?
Directed hysteria is an economic and political weapon we're seeing wielded with more and more prowess. Feh.

Not who you replied to, but it sucks. As someone who was smoking THC carts (stopped now due to this), I have been following these stories religiously. This ban will do fuck all. It isnt the issue, and I dont even smoke nicotine or cigs, I have no dog in the fight to keep them legal.

But that isnt the point, the point is that hes banning X for something that Y did. He is using the black market shit as an excuse to attack the vaping industry, which helps his buddies in big tobacco.

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like the tobacco companies are stuffing Donald's pockets so people go back to the cancer sticks.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't read one article saying that flavored nicotine vape products have anything to do with the people who have died. WTF is this?

I'm 100% fine banning flavored vapes being marketed to kids but this doesn't make sense.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
sad thing is, the blackmarket THC carts are probably part of the issue.

Yeah there's been a lot of misinformation around who is getting sick from vaping THC. So, originally, I had read that it was THC vape/carts bought in adult-use regulated marijuana states at dispensaries, and I got worried because that's exclusively what I buy when I buy THC cartridges (Massachusetts regulated legal marijuana). But then the Vox article that went ijnto detail about it didn't specify the source of the people who got sick, so now I'm not sure what's what.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I actually agree with him.

Unless he's trying to take away my adult-use regulated marijuana vape carts! From my cold dead hands!

The irony being that the recent outbreak of lung illness are almost certainly due to thickening agents being used in THC vape carts and have nothing to do with traditional ecigs or vaping.

But yeah- let's ban flavors and create a similar black market for regular vapes to the one we currently see for THC carts. 'Cause that's going really well...

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
These instances of death are largely attributed to black market THC carts filled with vitamin E acetate, causing lipid pneumonia, leading to death.

Legalizing MJ nationwide allows it to be federally regulated, meaning what people are smoking is "healthier" than what people get from Joe Drug Dealer down the street.
Ahh I see

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's been a lot of misinformation around who is getting sick from vaping THC. So, originally, I had read that it was THC vape/carts bought in adult-use regulated marijuana states at dispensaries, and I got worried because that's exclusively what I buy when I buy THC cartridges (Massachusetts regulated legal marijuana). But then the Vox article that went ijnto detail about it didn't specify the source of the people who got sick, so now I'm not sure what's what.
Yeah, there's a bunch of wide-open question marks that make any kneejerk reaction a bad idea. It could be a widespread issue, or it could just be the black market carts only. If it's the latter, banning the tobacco version has a strong possibility of making things worse.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Not bad. If only the same bans were placed on firearms that have killed thousands of people a year, as opposed to like 6 or 7 total.

Oh well!

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't read one article saying that flavored nicotine vape products have anything to do with the people who have died. WTF is this?

I'm 100% fine banning flavored vapes being marketed to kids but this doesn't make sense.

Exactly, these issues are completely separate. But leave it to the Era anti-vape brigade to come in and fill this entire thing with misinformation.

If you are against vaping, that is fine. If you are against them marketing to kids, that is fine too. But understand that the reason these people died have NOTHING to do with either of those things, and trump is conflating the issue to support his agenda.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
tumblr_pxbjro9gym1rxxyobo1_r2_250.gif

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like smoking doesn't doesn't appeal to kids either? I work across the street from a high school. When I go out for vape breaks I get non-stop kids asking me if I have any cigarettes. Not vape shit. Cigs. Kids will want to do whatever they're told they shouldn't.

Removing flavored juices isn't going to help. More people will try to make their own juices or buy shady black market shit off the street and more health issues will arise because of that. Kids will still vape tobacco flavors. There are actually a ton of really great tobacco flavors. And kids will of course just keep smoking like they already do anyway.

These recent "vaping" related illnesses also don't look to have anything to do with people purchasing legitimately produced products either, so there's that too.
I never said any of that isn't true, and I even said it's stupid to go after the tobacco industry when this is a THC related issue causing deaths.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Did you buy your thc carts from a shady drug dealer or a reputable dispensary? If the latter I'm sure you're going to be okay bud.

Black market. Im already dead. Posting from the beyond

But in all seriousness, I have not had any health issues as of now, but I have decided to cut it out until more research is done and to just stay safe.