• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Trump Calls For Ban On all Flavored Vapes and e-cigarettes

TheGhost

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
3 apparent deaths linked to and we banning it? How many people die from cancer deaths from smoking and that’s still okay?
People die from everything but look at the people in this thread happy about this proposed ban. Kind of sick.

This mysterious illness is only happening here.
I guess people woke up one day and their mutant Gene activated and suddenly vaping is their kryptonite. I'm sure it couldn't possibly be some new trend people are doing with their vape pods.

Meanwhile who wins in the end?
Big Tobacco.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Reminds me of when Canada banned flavoured cigarettes but gave menthol (which probably accounted for 95% of all flavoured tobacco sold) a pass.

Beer Monkey

Oct 30, 2017
Where is this idea that tobacco companies are happy to see vaping go away coming from? Philip Morris is literally merging with a vaping company.
That's called a hedge.

Tobacco companies have literally been releasing vape products for many years while lobbying against ecigs at the same time.

Think about that.

Pelicano

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this literally reeks of cigarette companies pouncing on an opening to get rid of competition. Vaping is super popular in the UK and they aren’t running into any of this. People who are happy about this are being misguided imo. This is yet another corruption fueled power play.

Snowy

Nov 11, 2017
The constitution doesn't say people can freely buy guns though. It says a well organized militia can.
This is not accurate. It says that people have the right to keep and bear arms in the interest of maintaining well-regulated militias, which were almost entirely composed of citizens using their private weapons at that time.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hate to be an asshole but if cigarettes kill via second hand smoke and vapes only kill the user, then why are cigarettes legal and how isn’t vaping the preferred “lesser harm” in society?
Not just second hand, but also third hand. Cigar ashes might stick to a secondhand smoker's clothes and those are even more deadly than the smokes. It's especially dangerous if you're carrying a baby or kids.

RageBawt

Oct 27, 2017
Vaping has been pretty popular for a decade now, but sure it's the culprit here not the rise of the new THC cartridges. I mean ultimately it's not going to change anything vape shops will sell flavorings separate and more people will do DIY. Just no regulation at all this way.
Edit: Also I'm not shitting on the THC vaping industry. I think this is more reason to legalize and regulate that way we don't have these knockoff cartridges and we can buy them at reputable places.