• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

From The Verge:

"Not only is it a problem overall, but really specifically with respect for children," Trump told reporters. He continued, "We may very well have to do something very, very strong about it."
It's unclear whether the FDA has undertaken rule-making to effect such a ban, but some kind of regulatory action appears likely. A pool report described the effort by saying, "They're trying to ban all non-tobacco flavored vaping products from the market." The FDA did not immediately respond for a request for clarification.

Looks like they want a ban on anything that is not tobacco flavored....which kinda ruins the product. Should be interesting to see the pushback from the tobacco industry.

Oct 28, 2017
Broken clock reaches time of day where it's telling the correct time.

I love the double whammy of it being both the right call, as well as potentially hurting his "my freedoms!" rep with his vaping supporters.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Remember when he'd look into legalising weed

Or doing anything about guns

Or healthcare

Yeah

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow.

Banning vape flavors will at least be consistent with the already banned flavors for regular cigarettes

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It's absurd that this is happening so quickly and specifically not including tobacco flavoured products. I mean come on.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't respect the vaping industry, especially seeing that illness and death stuff, but I am not sure I think this okay, especially with a Fascist (who is know actually promoting the idea of a "third term" before even winning a second) in charge. I am not a fan of slippery slope arguments but this is a pretty bad time to set precedents on what the government allows us to do with things that are not illegal.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing that we can ban this shit because of incomplete scientific studies with no proven cause, but not guns or actual cigarettes, which have been killing people for much, much longer.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
how many people have died over this thing we don't know much about yet? six or seven?

how many people have died over smoking cigarettes to this day? guns?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump does this every now and then where he accidentally says something that makes sense and then an equally evil but much smarter person explains why he needs to change his mind and he does.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
he'll meet with 3 CEOs of the companies and then talk about how it's not their fault and that evil congress is trying to put them out of business next week

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
It's amazing that we can ban this shit because of incomplete scientific studies with no proven cause, but not guns or actual cigarettes, which have been killing people for much, much longer.

This.

As far as I know, this is unnecessary. The problem was counterfeit/black market THC carts having th vitamin E. As far as I know the tobacco ones are fine and didn't cause the disease?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder how all the vap stores will handle this

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to be an asshole but if cigarettes kill via second hand smoke and vapes only kill the user, then why are cigarettes legal and how isn't vaping the preferred "lesser harm" in society?

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
6 People die due to a legal drug, Trump bans something.

100s of school kids die in mass shootings.....ehhh.....nothing to see here.

Edit* I see we're all on the same page, lol

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

Fucking this. So some people are developing lung disease from vaping, and people are now calling for congressional action and a potential ban. Yet cigarettes literally poison the body and directly cause cancer, heart disease, lung disease, and a variety of other deleterious ailments, yet they're perfectly OK.

I don't have a problem with banning vaping, but add cigarettes to the list.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Finally doing something good love this tired of ppl vaping near me lol

Don't worry. We'll just go back to smoking cigarettes near you.

It's almost as if there's constitutional issues with one that make banning guns significantly harder than banning flavored e-cigarettes.

lol it's only significantly harder because the ruling party doesn't want to do anything about it. And your attitude is part of the problem. You are part of the problem.

Last edited:

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Yeah seriously. Like I don't think anyone will be surprised if it turns out, hey, vaping isn't goodfor you, but come on we know cigarettes and guns are absolutely disgusting products with horrible industries built on killing people. But vaping's an easy target and not paying the republicans' paychecks.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
The genie is out already anyway, you're not going back. Even if they banned the flavors, vaping is so popular people will just add their own flavors which could be even more dangerous.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So a handful of people die from vaping and he calls for a ban on all flavorings. Yet, thousands die from guns and he does nothing. Amazing.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking this. So some people are developing lung disease from vaping, and people are now calling for congressional action and a potential ban. Yet cigarettes literally poison the body and directly cause cancer, heart disease, lung disease, and a variety of other deleterious ailments, yet they're perfectly OK.

I don't have a problem with banning vaping, but add cigarettes to the list.
What's more is that they're developing lung disease basically immediately, and it's all linked to the same shit carts. Doesn't happen anywhere else. Not Canada, not Europe, just here, where you have to rely on shifty drug dealers selling you the equivalent of oregano cut with poison ivy.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 30 vape shops around my apartment aren't going to like this one bit.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Why would there be pushback from big tobacco? A nationwide "flavored" ecig ban is, essentially, a nationwide total ecig ban. Nobody will benefit more from that than big tobacco.

They'll just create the next big thing to bypass the laws. People start hating ciggs, create vape! Vape now banned.. lets brainstorm what kids will love next. Cycle continues when $$ is involved