• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017

yeah its all about regulation, heres a statement from the MN department of health https://www.health.state.mn.us/news/pressrel/2019/lunginjuryfaq.pdf

Q. What about products from Minnesota's medical cannabis program?
While the available evidence from the investigation connects the lung injuries with use of illegal THC products and not products solely from medical cannabis programs, MDH cannot give complete assurance of safety until investigators determine a specific cause of the lung injuries. It is important to note that all medical cannabis products sold by Minnesota's two medical cannabis manufacturers must be compliant with state testing standards to ensure they do not contain contaminants. Also, Minnesota's medical cannabis program has surveyed patients about side effects since the beginning of the program. About 20 percent of patients have reported side effects, typically including dry mouth, drowsiness, fatigue or mental clouding. Very few reported lung issues.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Cigarettes killing for years, no action. Guns killing for years, no action. One report on vaping having negative health effects, BAN IT!!

Screw Trump.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be shocked if this actually happens. He also ordered companies to look elsewhere than China lol. Among countless other crap he has said.

Aug 3, 2018
This is such horseshit. So many on ERA just don't know anything.

Vaping has helped save my life considering I was a two pack a day smoker for 15 years. Over the last three years of just vaping 70%Vg/30%PG juice with varying levels of nicotine, my lungs have healed so much from the damage the cigs caused. Fuck Trump and fuck the people in here who really don't know what they are talking about.

This stuff is going to be banned completely in time.

There is no tobacco in this stuff. So any tobacco flavoring would most like be included in a flavor ban.

Oct 27, 2017
Why should flavored cigarettes be banned and not flavored vapes?

Three of my cousins are high school teachers and the amount of kids vaping seems insane. One of them says one of their classes is about 80% vapers. There's no reason to make it so appealing to kids.
Why should flavored cigarettes and vapes be banned, and not flavored alcohol?

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Why should flavored cigarettes be banned and not flavored vapes?

Three of my cousins are high school teachers and the amount of kids vaping seems insane. One of them says one of their classes is about 80% vapers. There's no reason to make it so appealing to kids.
Because if the nicotine liquid is still available, a teenager or people in general, flavoring it themselves with god knows what is more dangerous than what we have now. It's much easier to add flavoring manually to vape liquid than it is to tobacco leaves.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cigarettes killing for years, no action. Guns killing for years, no action. One report on vaping having negative health effects, BAN IT!!

Screw Trump.
Uhhh, this isn't true at least? Cigarettes are kinda already very heavily regulated and taxed and stuff... This would just be more bringing e-cigs in line with what already exists for cigarettes, which is especially prudent with how much e-cigs have done already to undo the progress that was being made at getting young people to stop smoking. The things are exploding in popularity among teens and undoing decades of hard work, undoing the hard action that was in fact done for cigarettes.

It being Trump, he's very likely jumping aboard for the wrong reasons/very likely has no clue what in the world he's personally talking about, but this definitely isn't a correct summary of events either.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Dry herb vapes will probably never be illegal. Not sure how that would even be enforced. I'm assuming currently legal THC carts would be ok but who knows.

Let's be real though, Trump will forgot about this tomorrow.
Don't see how cannabis oil can damage your lungs... I'll take it easy on the vaping til we all understand the situation better

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Knew vaping would get targeted more than cigarettes in no time.

Ban cigarettes? "What's next, ban bacon?!"

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
we can't ban any of the things driving our society toward collapse but we can make sure nobody enjoys themselves on the way out

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Don't see how cannabis oil can damage your lungs... I'll take it easy on the vaping til we all understand the situation better
I mean, your lungs would ideally only inhale oxygen so I'm assuming anything else is not ideal. But yeah, cannabis oil is perfectly fine as far as anyone knows. The issue is whatever chemicals are being added to black market carts (which are already illegal).

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Uhhh, this isn't true at least? Cigarettes are kinda already very heavily regulated and taxed and stuff... This would just be more bringing e-cigs in line with what already exists for cigarettes, which is especially prudent with how much e-cigs have done already to undo the progress that was being made at getting young people to stop smoking. The things are exploding in popularity among teens and undoing decades of hard work, undoing the hard action that was in fact done for cigarettes.

It being Trump, he's very likely jumping aboard for the wrong reasons/very likely has no clue what in the world he's personally talking about, but this definitely isn't a correct summary of events either.

I meant no action by Trump. I know they've taxed cigs to death over the years.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring Trump's hypocrisy for a second - I know many smokers who turned to vaping instead. Now, it might not be 100% safe, but given the odds of tobacco killing you, versus vaping, if they have to do one, then surely it's vaping? I mean, you could literally ban everything that might kill you, including booze and fast cars, but how about letting people have some personal responsibility in all this?

Though I have no problem with anything done to dissuade young people from taking either up. Make it less 'cool' make the packing less attractive, whatever.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Gonna ask this here and maybe someone can direct me to the answer.

I vape THC, but only like 1 gram a month. Honestly only 3-4 drags a night. All bought from a medical dispensary.

I keep hearing about dry vaping and would like to look into it more. Is there an OT here that people discuss this?

Expensive but:

It does both oil and dry. Sometimes you can find them cheaper at head shops/dispensaries.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Why should flavored cigarettes and vapes be banned, and not flavored alcohol?

Or flavored/unhealthy food? I mean, obesity and its complications are about to overtake smoking as the leading cause of preventable death in the US. We just going to sit back and do nothing while KFC and Taco Bell shovel toxic waste down our teenagers throats, getting them hooked on sugar, salt and grease for the rest of their lives? I think we probably need to see to it that any food sold over the counter that isn't a fruit or vegetable needs to be non flavored: as bland as possible. You know- for the kids.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is such horseshit. So many on ERA just don't know anything.

There is no tobacco in this stuff. So any tobacco flavoring would most like be included in a flavor ban.

Lol this is what I was thinking, do the people proposing these bans think that the tobacco flavored e-cigs are ACTUALLY tobacco? It's all just different combinations of pure flavor additives that are normally used in baking or making candy.

Someone figured out mixing (for example) "graham cracker crust" with "hickory smoke" and "Bavarian cream" in the right combination yielded a flavor that tasted like tobacco. And then packaged it up and sold it. It's like this for EVERY type of e-cig juice.

Basically nothing is going to come from this and as usual it's Trump talking out his ass to hear his own farts, you're talking about the immediate closure of THOUSANDS of successful businesses, 95% of them locally owned and operated and providing jobs.

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
While I can see the good in curbing issues with teens diving in, this is a pretty wacky reaction to the specific concerns.

It's like if the reaction to the Four Loko poisonings was to ban Whiskey.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Bingo. And it's not all THC carts, black market or not. My guess is that this is a recent batch, as all of these seemed to pop up at the same time.

Either that, or a supplier of VG started cutting their stuff with Vitaman E recently, which means it may effect legal stuff as well. Only time will tell.

If I were in charge, I'd investigate the major suppliers first.

Also FWIW - I doubt this "ban" ever even happens. It's more than likely just another trump tirade that will go no where.
As a person that was into the carts when they started I thing what happened was people realized there watery runny once aren't as potent. They have more of the juice you mix with the dab so you get less bang for your buck. Now dealers are realizing this and putting in agents to make it seem legit thus causing the recent outbreak

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
No.

I prefer vape smoke over cigarette smoke no matter where it is. I don't vape or smoke but visit people who do

Dec 4, 2017
I wonder if the recent mis-/dis-/information over deaths from vaping bathtub THC will make (or have made) the tobacco companies attempt a serious assault on the US market in re heated tobacco product under the guise of anti-flavoring laws. The US is pretty much the only large territory which didn't experience massive growth in that area during the past couple years.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
More people have died from gun violence in this country than vaping. Focus on that first (he won't).

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I hate Trump, but This is good news. Fuck e-cigs.

Also, I imagine that all the conservatives who are upset about the banning of plastic straws will be upset about this violation of choice. /s

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Let me set something straight. The only things vaping has over cigarettes are taste and smell.

A cigarette tastes worse but hits better. Nicotine gets there in higher doses.

If you ban flavors except for tobacco flavors, you're taking taste away. And hey, if you smoke? You stop smelling it anyway. So why would you not smoke if the alternative tastes like shit anyway and doesn't deliver as well?

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
But can you vape in video gams?
BaggyCookedLadybug-size_restricted.gif

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Push my girlfriend to go back to cigarettes when this has kept her away and shes cut way down. Epic.