• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Looks like they want a ban on anything that is not tobacco flavored....which kinda ruins the product. Should be interesting to see the pushback from the tobacco industry.
I mean that's always been the end game.

This still stems from pods and not what the majority of the vaping community uses.

I for one wouldn't mind a tobacco flavor world.
I can only tolerate custard and tobacoo flavors, all other flavors make me super nasesous. But then again I also have a sensitive stomach.

As long as i continue to know the shit I get goes through the certs I'll continue to vape.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like they want a ban on anything that is not tobacco flavored....which kinda ruins the product. Should be interesting to see the pushback from the tobacco industry.
There won't be, because yeah. sure, they make money off of that...but they also don't make as much as cigarettes because everything costs more than paying children pennies on the dollar to pick your tobacco.

But this will put ALL of their competition out of the market unless they can abuse the flavor + nicotine/pg/vg loophole.

I don't have a garden to grow my own mint so I'll either hope that still happens or go back to smoking. :/

Tony Montana

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't being handled well at all. Only going to make things worse as people resort to buying illegal instead.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you remove the child friendly flavors and leave the shitty tobacco tasting ones, why would people who switched to vaping for the health benefits or to quit smoking go back to cigarettes instead of continue with vaping?
I do it for fun with flavored vapes.

The whole vaping industry needs regulation in all areas though. Strict ones.

Making it illegal will make it terrible for... everyone. Think these times with knockoffs are bad?

Aphexian

Oct 26, 2017
So he cares about children on this issue, but when they're getting their lives taken away when they're just trying to learn there's nothing they can do.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017

If you remove the child friendly flavors and leave the shitty tobacco tasting ones, why would people who switched to vaping for the health benefits or to quit smoking go back to cigarettes instead of continue with vaping?

Well, there are actually tons of really great tabacco flavored juices. I'm sure some people would continue vaping. Flavoring is actually important to others and I can see them just going back to smoking. Not everyone smokes cigarettes because they enjoy the taste lol But the the flavors without a doubt helped a large portion of smokers quit. Especially if vaping becomes a huge burden compared to just grabbing a pack of smokes while filling up the gas tank people will go back to their old habits.

If a complete ban happened a lot more people are going to resort to buying cheap juices off the street/online that were mixed in unclean environments using who knows what kind of ingredients. If you haven't noticed, prohibition doesn't exactly have a solid track record. People will get what they want regardless. And if that did happen the health issues really are going to skyrocket and be a problem.

If they just ban flavored juices? I think vape shops will just start selling unflavored juices and flavoring separate for the customers to mix themselves. We're talking about widely available ingredients anyone can obtain that aren't going to magically go away just because vaping is banned.

But yeah, a ban of any type is ridiculous and just going to make vaping a real actual public health issue. But fuck history, right? Lets repeat this shit or something.

Last edited:

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
The whole vaping industry needs regulation in all areas though. Strict ones.

Regulation is fine concerning what kind of environment a product is produced in. And what materials are used to a much more lesser extent, but...

What does regulation actually mean to you? What has regulation done for cigarettes? Processed foods? Take a look at the pharmaceutical industry where tons of drugs have been released that have caused a myriads of deaths, but still remain on the market because of what exactly? Hell, the FDA has approved using god damn flame retardants in foods... Does it really make you feel better about using these products because you've been told they're regulated by that nice, warming FDA stamp of approval?

So yeah, I'm not going to call the FDA a complete scam. It's nice to have production environments regulated, but outside of that a large portion of regulated products are filled with unhealthy ingredients with a stamp on it to make you feel like everything is just fine. Money and power decides what the FDA says is okay for you to consume based on an acceptable risk vs reward for the government and businesses involved. If you think it's about your health, I guess ignorance is bliss. The end results is you need to decide what you're willing to put into your body and not rely on someone else to do it for you. But really, they're kind of a scam though.

Altrich

Apr 5, 2018
Fucking this. So some people are developing lung disease from vaping, and people are now calling for congressional action and a potential ban. Yet cigarettes literally poison the body and directly cause cancer, heart disease, lung disease, and a variety of other deleterious ailments, yet they're perfectly OK.

I don't have a problem with banning vaping, but add cigarettes to the list.

Genuine question, isnt alcohol also poison your body? But I guess only a fraction of the harm that can potentially be done by cigarettes?

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regulation is fine concerning what kind of environment a product is produced in and what ingredients are used to a lesser extent.

But I guess, what does regulation actually mean to you? What has regulation done for cigarettes? Processed foods? Take a look at the pharmaceutical industry where tons of drugs have been released that have caused a myriads of deaths, but still remain on the market because of what exactly? Hell, the FDA has approved using god damn flame retardants in foods... Does it really make you feel better about using these products because you've been told they're regulated?

So yeah, I'm not going to call the FDA a complete scam. It's nice to have production environments regulated, but outside of that a large portion of regulated products are filled with unhealthy ingredients with a stamp on it to make you feel like everything is just fine. Money and power decides what the FDA says it's okay for you to consume at an acceptable risk vs reward for the government and businesses involved. If you think it's about your health, I guess ignorance is bliss. The end results is you need to decide what you're willing to put into your body and not rely on someone else to do it for you. But really, they're kind of a scam though.
You're crazy to think FDA is some sort of a scam. It isn't perfect, but without it it will be worse for everyone, guaranteed.

When I think of regulations though, there's plenty that is needed to be done. No vaping in public places. More restrictions on selling it, etc.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Could they label everything "tobacco flavor" then color code it for the actual flavor? How do you legally define a flavor and set boundaries?

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
You're crazy to think FDA is some sort of a scam. It isn't perfect, but without it it will be worse for everyone, guaranteed.

When I think of regulations though, there's plenty that is needed to be done. No vaping in public places. More restrictions on selling it, etc.

I never said we would be better off without the FDA. You can ignore the point of my post if you want though. Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
....I'm serious. You have a rather simplistic viewpoint of what FDA does if you think it's even close to a scam.

Genuinely makes me angry that people actually think this.

The FDA obviously brings some much needed positives to the table. But I'm also not going to ignore the fact that it's not much more than a body that decides product availability based on risk vs reward to the money holders. It's about what they can get away with and not your long term health. It's low key okay to negatively impact public health over the long term as long as there are no blatant fires to grab public attention, but it gets super expensive for everyone involved when everyone drops dead at once. A large list of things the FDA have approved for consumption make that blatantly obvious. The corporate lobbyist cash and private sector perks are probably pretty nice I would assume.

But have fun being genuinely angry. But that does sound stressful. Might want to check on if the FDA has regulated anger and stress and then plan your life from there.

Again, where did I say we would be better off without the FDA though? Please attempt to quote me again if you made a mistake. FDA is clearly a lesser evil than having nothing in their place at this point in history. Is it rude to talk about obvious problems that exist in required public services or something? Maybe it's nicer if people all just ignore these things and hope for change with a smile on their face?

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I mean as someone who doesn't smoke, I'd rather have flavored vapes everywhere than cigarettes or weed. So I'm kind of against this if it means going back to cigarettes everywhere, but I'd rather they just ban it all.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So he cares about children on this issue, but when they're getting their lives taken away when they're just trying to learn there's nothing they can do.

And locking them in cages. This whole dog and pony show with his wife is laughable. Now, on this issue, we care about the kids.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that boy Barron has gotta learn how to hide his shit better. his dad found his Juul and now he fucked it up for everybody. lil shit better tuck that loudpack somewhere real discrete in the residence before Trump tries to make weed illegal everywhere again

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
And locking them in cages. This whole dog and pony show with his wife is laughable. Now, on this issue, we care about the kids.

I mean, do you think children in cages should be able to vape? No way the vape industry should be allowed to target and advertised to children with all of these flavors no matter where they are currently!

Game. Set. Match.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Well, there are actually tons of really great tabacco flavored juices. I'm sure some people would continue vaping. Flavoring is actually important to others and I can see them just going back to smoking. Not everyone smokes cigarettes because they enjoy the taste lol But the the flavors without a doubt helped a large portion of smokers quit. Especially if vaping becomes a huge burden compared to just grabbing a pack of smokes while filling up the gas tank people will go back to their old habits.

If a complete ban happened a lot more people are going to resort to buying cheap juices off the street/online that were mixed in unclean environments using who knows what kind of ingredients. If you haven't noticed, prohibition doesn't exactly have a solid track record. People will get what they want regardless. And if that did happen the health issues really are going to skyrocket and be a problem.

If they just ban flavored juices? I think vape shops will just start selling unflavored juices and flavoring separate for the customers to mix themselves. We're talking about widely available ingredients anyone can obtain that aren't going to magically go away just because vaping is banned.

But yeah, a ban of any type is ridiculous and just going to make vaping a real actual public health issue. But fuck history, right? Lets repeat this shit or something.

Yeah I remember when they banned flavored cigarettes a decade ago how all the teenagers resorted to buying black market Mocha Kools from their dealers off every street corner

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow.

Banning vape flavors will at least be consistent with the already banned flavors for regular cigarettes

They're not the same thing, why would the laws need to be consistent? Are we going to ban soft drinks and flavoured coffee next?

Is there any evidence pointing to vapes being demonstrably bad for you? Jumping ahead to ban something without the supporting evidence, is the reason for half the drugs that are currently illegal

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I remember when they banned flavored cigarettes a decade ago how all the teenagers resorted to buying black market Mocha Kools from their dealers off every street corner

No, kids just kept smoking non-flavored cigarettes. What's your point?

And I'm not sure you're aware, but the current "vaping" related cases of illness have mostly involved people who admitted to buying black market shit off the street. That's the problem we're dealing with right now. I can't even... Don't be so dense, please.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
You do know the only thing that gives vape it's flavor is readily available food additives right? You don't need a dealer for that.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
You do know the only thing that gives vape it's flavor is readily available food additives right? You don't need a dealer for that.

You don't need a dealer for any of the ingredients in the juice. Some will resort to making their own. Some will buy it from others. Both will lead to much worse public health issues.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I do. Making something even slightly more difficult than readily available out of the box and wasy/desireable for kids means less kids start.

Or they just buy it from someone else willing to put in the most minimal effort possible to profit off of it. Sure, some will quit. Others won't and you'll end up seeing a lot more people with serious issues because of it.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Or they just buy it from someone else willing to put in the most minimal effort possible to profit off of it. Sure, some will quit. Others won't and you'll end up seeing a lot more people with serious issues because of it.
I'm talking about kids who haven't started yet. The growth of nicotine addiction in the younger generations is growing after it was finally lessening for decades

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I'm talking about kids who haven't started yet. The growth of nicotine addiction in the younger generations is growing after it was finally lessening for decades

So you're willing to throw people currently vaping under the bus for your cause despite it not being warranted? A large portion of them who have used it to successfully quit smoking? You're a cool guy.

What are we going to do about guns, polution, pharmaceuticals, cigarettes, alcohol and fast food for the younger generation?

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
I do. Making something even slightly more difficult than readily available out of the box and easy/desireable for kids means less kids start.
Making kids resort to chemistry experiments on themselves by witholding a few drops of something to an already addictive substance is not great logic.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
So you're willing to throw people currently vaping under the bus for your cause despite it not being warranted? A large portion of them who have used it to successfully quit smoking? You're a cool guy.

What are we going to do about polution, cigarettes, alcohol and fast food for the children?

Nah you can still vape. The shitty tasting tobacco vape that doesn't appeal to children and create new nicotine addicts like I myself once was.

Oh...so we can't work on one problem if we dont solve all problems? Interesting perspective

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Nah you can still vape. The shitty tasting tobacco vape that doesn't appeal to children and create new nicotine addicts like I myself once was.

Oh...so we can't work on one problem if we dont solve all problems? Interesting perspective

Kids will still do it. There are a ton of amazing tobacco flavored juices. But if calling things you know nothing about "shitty" in an attempt to strengthen an already impossibly weak argument is your thing... Have it at, but not with me anymore. Lates.

Edit: And if kids want flavored juices they will find a way. What's to stop places from selling non-flavored juices and flavoring packets separately to be mixed? Go away now.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Kids will still do it. There are a ton of amazing tobacco flavored juices. But if calling things you know nothing about "shitty" in an attempt to strengthen an already impossibly weak argument is your thing... Have it at, but not with me anymore. Lates.

Edit: And if kids want flavored juices they will find a way. What's to stop places from selling non-flavored juices and flavoring packets separately to be mixed? Go away now.

You are missing the point...of course kids will still do it. But less kids will do it. Nicotine addiction is on the rise again after declines because flavored juice vaping became "safe" and "trendy" in the younger population

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
The amount of people here who support vape prohibition is fucking disgusting. Buncha bootlickers. You're not gonna get rid of it, you're just giving the shit ass cops another excuse to harass and arrest people. Get a fucking clue.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
3 apparent deaths linked to and we banning it? How many people die from cancer deaths from smoking and that's still okay?

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
You are missing the point...of course kids will still do it. But less kids will do it. Nicotine addiction is on the rise again after declines because flavored juice vaping became "safe" and "trendy" in the younger population
thats not true, I have not seen one study that said the rise of kids vaping is because of flavors. Every study I have seen chalked it up to vaporizers can be easier to purchase off the internet than cigs, I was at the skatepark were almost every kid is vaping. I asked them if the only flavor was super gross would they stop, nope not a single one said they would, they do it for the nicotine. They also said they might just go back to smoking if this crack down does what trump has said he wants to do, completely get rid of e-cigarettes.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Finally, something I agree with. Now ban guns, cigs, tobacco and strong alcohol. All that stuff is crap for your body. Yes, guns too because they can kill you, and that is not good for your body.