• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
'Liberal paper straws don't work': Trump campaign starts selling plastic straws

WASHINGTON – The Trump campaign says they have a plan to make straws great again.

Brad Parscale, President Donald Trump's re-election campaign manager, tweeted on Thursday evening, "Making Straws Great Again," along with a link to buy Trump-branded straws from the Trump campaign store.

"Liberal paper straws don't work. STAND WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP and buy your pack of recyclable straws today," says the straws' description on the Trump campaign website.

The pack of 10 straws sells for $15, coming out to a cost of $1.50 a straw. According to the posting, the straws are "Laser engraved."

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
But they're recyclable which seems at odds with the whole "fuck the Libs" thing. They should be one time use only to create as much needless waste as possible.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
They're not wrong about the paper straws lol

No way these are made in America

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate paper straws something fierce. I'm still not paying for straws. I'll drink with my god damn hands.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Uncle will probably buy this. He threw a bitchfit when one restaurant didn't offer straws due to being environmentally friendly.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Can't wait for 2020 when "Trump supports plastic straws," becomes an actual part of Trump's campaign.

Well, "can't wait" isn't exactly true, because there will no-doubt be someone who bases their votes on such petty shit.

Nov 14, 2017
From a foodservice perspective, it doesn't make sense since the industry is shifting away from plastic straws to paper straws.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
To be fair, paper straws do suck. But there are reusable alternatives, from silicone to multi-use plastic or stainless steel.

$1.50 a straw is a hell of a price, though.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The pack of 10 straws sells for $15

You can get 300 plastic straws online for like twelve bucks.

LTz4Tlb.png

laser engraved tho

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how central parscale is in redacted and referred investigation materials.

I think he's making a serious mistake by upping his public profile.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Paper straws do suck, they are terrible.

I have some glass straws that I really like.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to just sell out and start grifting Trump zealots. They'll buy anything if they think it's gonna own the libs.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I bashed out a lot of my front teeth, so for a while they were real sensitive. I couldn't just gulp down an iced drink without a straw.

Not if you got fucked up teeth like I do. Veneers only do so much when half of six of your teeth are gone due to a trampoline accident. They're highly sensitive and drinking cold drinks without a straw can be painful.

I mean, theres always exceptions for anything. But I dont the majority of people actually need a straw.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
"Now you can suck just as hard as the President! It uses the same suction technology employed by billionaires to siphon wealth! Our wages, healthcare, justice dept, foreign policy, and opinions all suck; now you can too, for the low, low price of 5 cups of coffee! Buy today, don't be caught sipping your natty ice at the rallies with one"

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
BRB throwing our kids' trampoline away.

My mom's a pediatrician, and when my siblings and I were kids she was always reaaaal wary of us going on trampolines.

Of course I think that was more about, like, our legs and necks than our teeth, but it did instill some amount of rightful caution in me.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Overpriced because it's a grift, but they're right that the shift away from plastic straws is dumb and shortsighted

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I've used really good paper straws that lasted 2+ hours and I've used shitty ones that last 10 minutes.

Unfortunately the ones you find in stores are likely to be the shitty kind. If you want/need a good paper straw you will need to get them online.

My dad uses Aardvark paper straws for catering, they are amazing.

Last edited:

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need to get into the business of selling garbage to right-wingers. It seems like easy money.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Paper straws do suck ass, to be fair. I just leave them on top of my drink if I'm not sipping.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
So to own the libs who are forcing you to use paper straws, you are going to buy expensive plastic straws... and have less of them compared to if you would have bought a pack of 100 for $9.

Lol pants on head stupid.