• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Mattis was originally going to leave on February 28 but I suppose someone explained to President Shitbag that Mattis' letter trashed him on the way out.

Trump was already feeling blowback on forcing out such a universally popular figure, now that he's outright firing him I can only expect that to get worse.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Isn't that a swampy kind of appointment, i don't know if it's usual in the US to put someone involved in selling arms into that position.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I enjoy the constant reminders that the leader of the free world has serious reading comprehension issues.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
This new motherfucker used to be a high-level dude at Boeing?!
The people who bought into "DRAIN THE SWAMP!" were and still are so fucking stupid.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is the bad boss of bad bosses.

He's like, the perfect President for America, even if he's the worst president ever.

poster child for what is wrong with people.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
NYT article : https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/23/us/politics/trump-mattis.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Trump, Angry Over Mattis's Rebuke, Removes Him 2 Months Early

Aides said that the president was furious that Mr. Mattis's resignation letter — in which he rebuked the president's rejection of international allies and his failure to check authoritarian governments — had led to days of negative news coverage.

The president has grown increasingly angry as the days have passed, the aide said. On Saturday, Mr. Trump posted a tweet that took a jab at Mr. Mattis, saying that "when President Obama ingloriously fired Jim Mattis, I gave him a second chance. Some thought I shouldn't, I thought I should."

Pretty sad that we could all tell he was caught up in his feelings days ago based on his social media.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
Oh cool a career Boeing business man running the defense department...nothing wrong with this mans lack of military experience or 30 years of bias towards one large supplier of the military.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
My mom got a news alert on her phone while I was talking with her that Trump was firing Mattis. And I was like; naw that's old news, also that's incorrect as Mattis is resigning.

But you know, I shouldn't have even questioned Trump would do this. Will have to tell mom she and her news alert were right I suppose.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Oh cool a career Boeing business man running the defense department...nothing wrong with this mans lack of military experience or 30 years of bias towards one large supplier of the military.

A good chunk of our annual overall government budget goes to like 5 companies.

I've been checked out of politics the last few weeks, what happened with Mattis initially?

He quit because of the president's hasty decision to exit Syria at Erdogan's urging, said we needed to support our allies more and buddy up to dictators less, and said the president needed a SoD who was more closely aligned with his vision of the US on the world stage.

Basically the nicest possible way of saying he had it with this shit.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The US has never been so vulnerable surely? So many vacant positions in government, the perfect time for its enemies to take advantage. Sad times for the US. Plus leaving Afghanistan and Syria with no plan just means a new generation of terrorists to train and plot in relative peace, with the US, UK, France and Germany suffering as a result.

Fuck Trump.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Can't wait for the soon to come tweets of Trump calling him a dumbass that should never have been there, huge mistake, total piece of shit. Etc. etc.

And then Sarah Huckabee Sanders admonishing america that we need civility and respect back in politics.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's just so hilarious that Republicans dont care about anything anymore other than what Trump says. Donny could be pro-abortion and they'd all bend backwards to follow him still.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The US has never been so vulnerable surely? So many vacant positions in government, the perfect time for its enemies to take advantage. Sad times for the US. Plus leaving Afghanistan and Syria with no plan just means a new generation of terrorists to train and plot in relative peace, with the US, UK, France and Germany suffering as a result.

Fuck Trump.
Yeah, I'm surprised nobody has just like started attacking us yet.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
john mccain withheld voting for this guy as deputy secretary of defense

NAYs ---7
Booker (D-NJ)
Duckworth (D-IL)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harris (D-CA)
Markey (D-MA)
Sanders (I-VT)
Warren (D-MA)

Not Voting - 1
McCain (R-AZ)

Oct 26, 2017
You just know that he didn't read the letter or simply didn't understand anything.
Like a newborn he needs others to make sense of reality.