• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget solving the Riemann hypothesis, leftwing mathematicians hate him

Trump might as well say he'll defy gravity and have us colonize Mars and Jupiter and his idiot supporters will lap it all up

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget solving the Riemann hypothesis, leftwing mathematicians hate him

Trump might as well say he'll defy gravity and have us colonize Mars and Jupiter and his idiot supporters will lap it all up
Yeah, at this point if they still believe he's a good deal-maker, still believe he is a foreign policy wizard, etc... then there's really nothing that they won't believe.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like how can you look at what he's done in the past four years...

and even THINK he could come close to this?

To quote myself in another thread, "People are really fuckin stupid, huh?"

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Say whatever you can to get reelected. If you get it, you have 4 years to coast and it doesn't matter if your promises were empty. Trump is going to promise the moon to his supporters. It's only going to escalate as the election gets closer.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
How do you plan to do that while turning intellectuals, which a large portion of researchers happen to be, into villains, and cutting their budgets across the board?

edit:
(i know it doesn't matter because it's all BS)

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
Tom Hanks had aids a long time ago and now he's doing great. Everyone cried; so wonderful.

People have been very nasty to him, but he is a star. And that was always the thing. Everyone said he couldn't do it.

But now it's on the other side, and you have to be very smart. And then, what do you have left, ok?

Thank you.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
"I'll do it after I'm elected"

After election: "I never said that"

Shows him evidence of him saying that

"Wrong! Fake News media!"

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe he out-stupided Joe Biden on his curing cancer remark.

Biden has been leading a cancer moonshot initiative for a couple years and vowed to make curing cancer, an obviously emotionally tinged subject for him given the death of his son, a goal of his as president. And then the usual bad-faith suspects ran with it.

Oh I didn't know this, thanks for the context. I read the line and thought it was stupid, but genuinely wasn't trying to couch it that way in bad faith. I have nothing against Biden and will support him if he's the Democratic nominee, though he's not my top Democratic candidate at this point.

I've been under the impression that "Curing cancer" is a bit of an over-simplified misnomer.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden has been leading a cancer moonshot initiative for a couple years and vowed to make curing cancer, an obviously emotionally tinged subject for him given the death of his son, a goal of his as president. And then the usual bad-faith suspects ran with it.

Other candidates came to the table with incredibly detailed policies. Biden is out there embarrassing himself with a plagiarized climate change proposal and a claim that we'll literally cure cancer. Dude has been running since the dawn of time and he has no plan for what he would do if he got the job. I'm so bitter that I'm going to have to witness these 2 out of touch assholes do meme battle for the fate of humankind.

Last edited:

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
"I'll do it after I'm elected"

After election: "I never said that"

Shows him evidence of him saying that

"Wrong! Fake News media!"
Well technically he said "eradicate AIDS" rather than "cure", he can always use that angle...

Had a quick look on some conservative websites, of f*cking course they chose to ignore that bit because even their idiotic audience would not lap that shit up.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how many of the 100 promises he made for his first term did he actually fulfill? Gonna top that with 110 + cancer and aids now. Lol. Such a fuckwit.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Dude claims he is going to make an ultimate cure when he couldn't even make a wall.

Actually at this point I don't even know why I comment. When is he ever saying something that makes sense. Like he's worn out the comedy of hyperbole. It's going to have to get surreal for me to find it funny again. Like he'll say "Next term I'm going to invent Juice and cure dirt! Make America Make AMERICA MAKE AMERICA!!!" and start selling teal MAMAMA hats.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this is the game now, I too declare that I'm running for POTUS. I shall cure blindness and paralysis... along with all the other stuff Joe and Trump say. Scratch that, no one will ever be sick from anything again. Disease is cancelled!

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with Trump is he has a record now. It is easy to say what you would do when you have never been in a position to do things. He now has to account for why he hasn't done these things over the previous four years when his party had complete control for two of them. Obviously 37-40% of people will not care. But the other 10% that voted last time will at least consider this.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Man, he's getting reelected, isn't he?

Like, what dumb American ISN'T going to vote to cure cancer and AIDS? If they're dumb they won't know it's impossible, they'll only know he's the first President to promise it, and, as he's said before, he's a very stable genius, so they'll believe him.

The only way he doesn't get voted in for a second term at this point is if the intelligent Americans somehow outnumber the dumb ones in the electroral college.

Prior to 2016, I had much more confidence that the numbers weighed more in favor of the intelligent Americans. After 2016, and especially in light of people high fiving each other over concentration camps... I dunno anymore...

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump doesn't even keep his easy promises lol!

?

!

Yes, that's an aspiration statement. A reasonable person should hear this and understand that it is meant to show his commitment to the cause and understand that by saying it, he is saying that achieving this goal will be a priority of his administration. Literally every candidate in the history of candidates has stated goals this way. Bernie and Warren promise impossible shit decades and decades from being imaginable at the earliest all the time and it's perfectly okay to get people to start dreaming big. "We might consider some actions that would help shift some of the tax burden on the wealthiest Americans, but it will be hard and probably not going to make all that big of a difference, if I can even do it." No, it's "We're going to make Millionaires and Billionaires pay their fair share." My guy, we'll see cancer cured before THAT ever happens.

What makes his statement different than Trump's is that he has been working to achieve this goal for years, where Trump has been president for 3 years and has done more harm than good with his EPA rollback.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
!

Yes, that's an aspiration statement. A reasonable person should hear this and understand that it is meant to show his commitment to the cause and understand that by saying it, he is staying that achieving this goal will be a priority of his administration.

I promise something will happen =/= I have a goal I will work towards

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
If this is the game now, I too declare that I'm running for POTUS. I shall cure blindness and paralysis... along with all the other stuff Joe and Trump say. Scratch that, no one will ever be sick from anything again. Disease is cancelled!

Oh yeah, well I'm running on a campaign of curing Death AND Unfulfillment. During my forever term as Mega POTUS everyone will live forever, eternally fulfilled.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I promise something will happen =/= I have a goal I will work towards

Candidates are not all-powerful when they take office and they certainly can't predict the future. It is unreasonable to take every campaign promise as a literal guarantee. Nobody on Earth is that gullible. It's obvious that such statements are a commitment to work toward achieving that goal with a sincere effort, stated in an inspirational way meant to encourage enthusiastic faith. There is no reason to believe Biden won't put forth a sincere effort toward continuing to make that dream a reality, as far-fetched as it might seem. He has been working at this for years now.

In the same way that Bernie can promise big things, it's okay if we know they won't happen. But he'll make steps toward that goal and that's good enough.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Candidates are not all-powerful when they take office and they certainly can't predict the future. It is unreasonable to take every campaign promise as a literal guarantee. Nobody on Earth is that gullible. It's obvious that such statements are a commitment to work toward achieving that goal with a sincere effort. There is no reason to believe Biden won't put forth a sincere effort toward continuing to make that dream a reality, as far-fetched as it might seem. He has been working at this for years now.

In the same way that Bernie can promise big things, it's okay if we know they won't happen. But he'll make steps toward that goal and that's good enough.

This isn't like promising to change the tax rate or get rid of the filibuster. Curing cancer is a ridiculous promise because it's not the sort of thing you "cure".

If you speak to people who have experience in this field, or if you know people who are cancer survivors, you would understand why this is silly and making a literal promise like this is foolish.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
cure cancer and aids? damn breh he's just gonna erase himself like that? aight go right ahead 45 i ain't about to stop you

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
If you speak to people who have experience in this field, or if you know people who are cancer survivors, you would understand why this is silly and making a literal promise like this is foolish.

I think it's because Trump is going to make the cure for cancer "easy." He, like his base, know in their hearts that science and medicine aren't the answer, feelings are. And if cancer is just some poor contractor, doing work in the structure of the body, all you have to do is make it clear that it would be a real shame if that contractor got sued, couldn't afford a lawyer, and wasn't able to feed his kids. THAT'S how you beat cancer! Show strength. Don't cough. And if CANCER coughs, you just make it leave the room.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Ohhh wow, if only this man was in some position of power and authority right now, I bet he would start on curing all these diseases right away, but alas we will have to wait until 2020, such a shame.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I think it's because Trump is going to make the cure for cancer "easy." He, like his base, know in their hearts that science and medicine aren't the answer, feelings are. And if cancer is just some poor contractor, doing work in the structure of the body, all you have to do is make it clear that it would be a real shame if that contractor lost his job, and wasn't able to feed his kids. THAT'S how you beat cancer! Show strength. Don't cough. And if CANCER coughs, you just make it leave the room.

How come nobody has ever thought to fire cancer?

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
"Republicans believe that every life is a sacred gift from god."

970.jpg